Not Coming Back till We have More Progression

in PvP

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

For the first time in 1 1/2 years, I have gone a few days without PvP’ing even though I had the time and opportunity. And you know what? It doesn’t matter! Because I’ve reached the “peak” progression offered by this game and even if I sit out for a month I still have the same titles, weapons, rank etc as those who’ve played in that time.

This isn’t a “I quit” thread – more like a “Wake me up when I get some more benefits out of PvP’ing exclusively. When there’s something more to achieve. A new milestone, new heights to scale”.

That 10,000 PvP wins champ brawler title is too kitten far away for it to figure into my calculations. What we need is something that’s just out of reach all the time.

in PvP

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

For the first time in 1 1/2 years, I have gone a few days without PvP’ing even though I had the time and opportunity. And you know what? It doesn’t matter! Because I’ve reached the “peak” progression offered by this game and even if I sit out for a month I still have the same titles, weapons, rank etc as those who’ve played in that time.

This isn’t a “I quit” thread – more like a “Wake me up when I get some more benefits out of PvP’ing exclusively. When there’s something more to achieve. A new milestone, new heights to scale”.

That 10,000 PvP wins champ brawler title is too kitten far away for it to figure into my calculations. What we need is something that’s just out of reach all the time.

But there is progression. You work towards your legendary weapon. You get massive amounts of t6 materials, and you get precursors and lodestones from champ boxes. In no time you can make a legendary, just the way they advertised it!

in PvP

Posted by: origano.5912

origano.5912

But there is progression. You work towards your legendary weapon. You get massive amounts of t6 materials, and you get precursors and lodestones from champ boxes. In no time you can make a legendary, just the way they advertised it!

Here the pve answer ! you didn’t understand his problem, the problem of who has arrived at 80.

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

But there is progression. You work towards your legendary weapon.

this is no progress – its a carrot for pve casuals so they dont QQ bout no endgame content in this game

theres nothing legendary bout legendarys – its just a skin with the word legendary in tooltip and most dont even look good – most r silly and childish

so no – legendary is no progress

progress would be
- the wxp lvls in wvw
- the lvl 1-80 in pve + the new trait system
- archievement system + the account bonis
- luck (magicfind system 1-300%)
- maby getting asc items in pve or wvw
- for spvp this is gaining rank (1-80 dragon) or champ titles

all this is progress – something you get on your char or account to make it better, higher ….. whatever

gaining a skin has nothing to do with progress – its just a carrot

abd this is what arenanet dont understand or care about …. a mmo is all about PROGRESS

edit: oh and not to sound toooo bad – an suggestion: make ranksystem endless after rank 80 like wxp lvls would be a good start and give titels all 100 ranks
lvl 100 bronze dragon
lvl 200 silver dragon
lvl 300 gold dragon
lvl 500 legendary dragon
lvl 1000 legendary bronze dragon

….. and so on

atleast we would have some progress and not just a borefest with skinfarm only

(edited by Romek.4201)

in PvP

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

Here the pve answer ! you didn’t understand his problem, the problem of who has arrived at 80.

I daresay Rezz was being ironic…

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

edit: oh and not to sound toooo bad – an suggestion: make ranksystem endless after rank 80 like wxp lvls would be a good start and give titels all 100 ranks
lvl 100 bronze dragon
lvl 200 silver dragon
lvl 300 gold dragon
lvl 500 legendary dragon
lvl 1000 legendary bronze dragon

….. and so on

atleast we would have some progress and not just a borefest with skinfarm only

yes, WvW have unlimited ranks, sPvP should have something similar too.

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

but but but, think of all of the worthless greens you’ll be missing out on!

but in all seriousness i agree with you, the last patch actually removed more than it added for PVPers.
we lost a large part of our gold income (from crafting dyes)
we lost our ability to aim for armour sets (via crafting and vendors)
we lost our rank prestige (sooo many dragons)
we lost the ability to gain living world skins (which were in match win chests)

what did we get? pve loot with a reward cap, and more useless ascended mats to clog up the bank.

in PvP

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

but but but, think of all of the worthless greens you’ll be missing out on!

but in all seriousness i agree with you, the last patch actually removed more than it added for PVPers.
we lost a large part of our gold income (from crafting dyes)
we lost our ability to aim for armour sets (via crafting and vendors)
we lost our rank prestige (sooo many dragons)
we lost the ability to gain living world skins (which were in match win chests)

what did we get? pve loot with a reward cap, and more useless ascended mats to clog up the bank.

Can’t really argue with this at all. Faster queues though is solo. But yeah. You are correct. Loot has been nerfed in all formats though to a certain degree. The new Pavilion drops are a joke and a gold sink. Can’t even run the event without people donating 10 gold first.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

A number of us recommended to ANET to not cap the rank at level 80. ANET thought they were right. It is unfortunate that sometimes people need to make a mistake before they learn from others.