Not Power creep. Ability creep

in PvP

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

The source of the curent power creeps are heavily healing related. For example, mesmers have multiple defenses in the inspiration and chaos line. Theif has too much sustain in the shadow arts and acrobatics trait line. These examples serve to show the root of the problem across the classes. Initially, I had hoped sustain could be balanced. But after coming back from games such as league of legends, I am convinced this is no longer possible. The issue is that too many immortal specs exist giving rise to a power creep that will continue unless sustain is brought down instead.

I propose an heavy Nerf to sustain across classes

The purpose would be to create 5 vs 5 based on wining team fights on point rather than staying alive long enough for an ally to re spawn and replace his deceased partner to hold the point in a cycle of brain dead point holding by tanks.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

in PvP

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

Baha Thief and sustain this made my month

in PvP

Posted by: Fivedawgs.4267

Fivedawgs.4267

How? ? He has a thief though, unless you are going against aoe champ, thieves have like 12 evades.

in PvP

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

The Shadow arts trait line is one of the most under utilized trait lines Thieves have same with Acro, most thieves run DA/Tri/DD, or DA/Tri/DD or sometimes you get the troll build of Acro/DA/DD or Acro/Tri/DD. And even using the Acro/ SA trait lines in today’s meta their sustain is laughable, with the amount of reveal being tossed around SA is negated almost completely, Acro still doesn’t hold a flame to DD, having both can be very redundant, and having 12 evades is nothing compared to all the passive procs other class for invulnerability on top of there active invuln skills

in PvP

Posted by: Furajir.3815

Furajir.3815

Squints

Not sure if OP is trolling or…

Tupro-Ranger- “The Great White Hype”
Yak’s Bend(TWIN) Racist against Sylvari
RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

in PvP

Posted by: Anari.2137

Anari.2137

The source of the curent power creeps are heavily healing related. For example, mesmers have multiple defenses in the inspiration and chaos line. Theif has too much sustain in the shadow arts and acrobatics trait line. These examples serve to show the root of the problem across the classes. Initially, I had hoped sustain could be balanced. But after coming back from games such as league of legends, I am convinced this is no longer possible. The issue is that too many immortal specs exist giving rise to a power creep that will continue unless sustain is brought down instead.

The purpose would be to create 5 vs 5 based on wining team fights on point rather than staying alive long enough for an ally to re spawn and replace his deceased partner to hold the point in a cycle of brain dead point holding by tanks.

No, that would mean everyone would die every 10 seconds, which would annoy the crap out of everyone.

What needs to happen is people need to be punished more harshly for making a mistake. The way to do this is to make adjust values (by about 10-15% for the high damage classes, and a lot more for the lower ones) to be higher (for some classes) but with it also increase the Power creep in healing.

What this will do is people will day a lot faster, but if they are quick enough they can spring back from it much faster. This will improve the value of having support in the group, which may also give way to double heal teams, which will get rid of a lot of double tripple stacking etc.

But this is a temp solution, the entire system needs a design pass (full) Done on the pvp, with a lot of reduction in choices, a lot more validation in talents, and power shifted off amulets and runes, to talents.

in PvP

Zelulose.8695

No, that would mean everyone would die every 10 seconds, which would annoy the crap out of everyone.

What needs to happen is people need to be punished more harshly for making a mistake. The way to do this is to make adjust values (by about 10-15% for the high damage classes, and a lot more for the lower ones) to be higher (for some classes) but with it also increase the Power creep in healing.

What this will do is people will day a lot faster, but if they are quick enough they can spring back from it much faster. This will improve the value of having support in the group, which may also give way to double heal teams, which will get rid of a lot of double tripple stacking etc.

But this is a temp solution, the entire system needs a design pass (full) Done on the pvp, with a lot of reduction in choices, a lot more validation in talents, and power shifted off amulets and runes, to talents.

When speaking about health, This wont mean someone can one shot you. The power creep would stop and the sustain would decrease in terms of healing or rotatable blocks and dodges.

Dying faster is the intended effect as people have to make life or death choices. Mistakes will matter. Currently you can recover from 5 mistakes or more depending on the situation. For example, if you failed to dodge 5k worth of damage, in 20-15 seconds you can just heal it back up. This promotes less skillful game play.

One mistake shouldn’t kill a player but currently dodges are so expendable they are used for gap closers and kiting as classes have better sustain without the necessity of dodge.

in PvP

Posted by: Lettuce.2945

Lettuce.2945

When speaking about health, This wont mean someone can one shot you. The power creep would stop and the sustain would decrease in terms of healing or rotatable blocks and dodges.

Dying faster is the intended effect as people have to make life or death choices. Mistakes will matter. Currently you can recover from 5 mistakes or more depending on the situation. For example, if you failed to dodge 5k worth of damage, in 20-15 seconds you can just heal it back up. This promotes less skillful game play.

One mistake shouldn’t kill a player but currently dodges are so expendable they are used for gap closers and kiting as classes have better sustain without the necessity of dodge.

I find this highly ironic coming from someone who mained cele PU Mesmer for the longest time prior to HoT then played cleric scrapper and ele as soon as HoT hit. Just my two cents. Lel.

in PvP

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Baha Thief and sustain this made my month

Yh not sure what OP is on about…

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in PvP

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

OP, you’re aware that when someone says ‘power creep’, they’re not actually referring to power-based damage, right?

in PvP

Posted by: CutesySylveon.8290

CutesySylveon.8290

I laughed do hard at the OP thinking evades are sustain and pointing a finger at thief, of all classes, at having too much sustain. Thief is dead the moment he stops moving, so complaining that he evades too much is just saying ‘I shouldn’t have to be conscious about when I use my skills and everyone should get hit by them.’

in PvP

Zelulose.8695

I laughed do hard at the OP thinking evades are sustain and pointing a finger at thief, of all classes, at having too much sustain. Thief is dead the moment he stops moving, so complaining that he evades too much is just saying ‘I shouldn’t have to be conscious about when I use my skills and everyone should get hit by them.’

This is a misunderstanding. I am not pointing fingers at a thief. I used mesmer and thief because I wanted to use a fairly stronger class next to a fairly weaker class to reduce bias to the classes which people think are overpowered. For example, Scrapper and ranger need a reduction in sustain as all classes do. These were just two of all the classes I pointed out. Glad I made you laugh though.

in PvP

Zelulose.8695

OP, you’re aware that when someone says ‘power creep’, they’re not actually referring to power-based damage, right?

Power creep is the growing buffs related to damage dealing abilities or options. This includes power builds and condition builds alike in this particular game and also may include increasing levels of crowd control. That is what one can refer to as the definition I intended in the title. Sorry about the confusion.

in PvP

Zelulose.8695

I find this highly ironic coming from someone who mained cele PU Mesmer for the longest time prior to HoT then played cleric scrapper and ele as soon as HoT hit. Just my two cents. Lel.

I have mained Mezmer but use a variety of builds and classes. In fact, I honestly play around with various builds people or I make. My first main was bleed/trap ranger which switched due to a nerf. I then mained Mezmer due to huge buffs to sustain my ranger couldn’t compete with until the recent buffs. I currently main thief as playing League of Legends as a new player has increased my preference for the assassin classes.

in PvP

Fay.2357

Power creep is the growing buffs related to damage dealing abilities or options. This includes power builds and condition builds alike in this particular game and also may include increasing levels of crowd control. That is what one can refer to as the definition I intended in the title. Sorry about the confusion.

Nope, that’s completely incorrect. Power creep is a general term used to describe the increasing strength of abilities or mechanics. It has nothing to do with damage at all, only the relative strength of a given skill. This could refer to damage, cc, or sustain potential, it doesn’t matter which.

in PvP

Zelulose.8695

Nope, that’s completely incorrect. Power creep is a general term used to describe the increasing strength of abilities or mechanics. It has nothing to do with damage at all, only the relative strength of a given skill. This could refer to damage, cc, or sustain potential, it doesn’t matter which.

Yes… this is exactly what I understand crowd control to be. I’m sorry if you had trouble reading my explanation.

in PvP

Fay.2357

Yes… this is exactly what I understand crowd control to be. I’m sorry if you had trouble reading my explanation.

/facepalm

in PvP

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

Revenant staff 5? Not only does it do ridiculous amounts of damage, it is bugged and teleports you out of evasive skills into its path. Nothing but skill…or button mashing.

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons