Nothing needs to be balanced.

in PvP

Posted by: WizardBro.4510

WizardBro.4510

Arena net has done a great job balancing everything. I honestly think they hit the nail on the head with these new traitlines. If you wanna be good at pvp play every class so you know their traits move sets and the mindset of that player and what they are going to do. I lose to Engineers and chronomancers the most because I have not played them properly yet. I main guardian for two years still do to this say. You say dragon hunter is overpowered, but I beat dragon hunters consistently without using the meta builds while they are. Don’t say something is over powered because you don’t understand it. Arena net will balance things as they see fit. Just because you stand in gravity well or guardian traps and you can’t dodge or use stun-breaks and stability does not mean anet is to blame. For one I am happy they are not catering to the casual audience and are trying to help the players who actually care about skill based gameplay.

in PvP

Posted by: Thiefz.3695

Thiefz.3695

I think Warriors would disagree.

in PvP

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

cool story WizardBro

in PvP

Posted by: Tontonino.9736

Tontonino.9736

cool story WizardBro

in PvP

Posted by: Hybrid.7059

Hybrid.7059

cool story WizardBro

in PvP

Posted by: Aggrostemma.1703

Aggrostemma.1703

Just the post we needed…. from WizardBro.

Nobody is saying DH is OP anymore because they are a piece of kitty in tournaments now…. Out of 80 players there were 4-5 DH’s in the first week and 2 in the last.

You seem to be lagging TBH…

Oh, and ANET did a kitten job balancing AND they were also lying about the balance patch! So if you want to protect ANET do it so but get ready to be a target now….

My 2c

#I no words have"

in PvP

Posted by: Rain.9213

Rain.9213

Oh then I guess it’s a good thing my Revenant can still have massive amounts of sustain with Shield 5 and the Shield trait and allow me to make a kitten ton of mistakes and recover with relative ease all while not losing out on any DPS and letting me prolong a fight for ages. You know… because that’s totally balanced.

Let’s not forget my Hammer 2 on Revenant that can annihilate targets in 1-2 presses of the skill which is on a short cooldown at long range. I’m sure glad I can stand off to the side and spam one skill that has no tell and nuke targets easily. What’s that? Rangers can do that too? Nah, they suck. Their 2 hard hitting ranged skills are channeled and on a bigger cooldown.

in PvP

Posted by: Sins.4782

Sins.4782

cool story WizardBro

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

Things need tweaking, but lets be real. Every single class in the game has threads calling for it’s nerf. The 20k gunflame thread being the warrior one.

You have to realize that no player base will ever believe that asynchronous classes can be balanced. Players will go to great lengths to be able to declare one class better than another.
Balancing a game is easy, getting the playerbase to believe that it’s balanced is impossible.

Besides having a perfectly balanced game may not even be what you want.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: Thiefz.3695

Thiefz.3695

The issue right now is that hybrid classes are over performing based on the fact that they can produce lots of conditions and damage. That is why you are seeing celestial meta. It has been this way prior to HoT. HoT just continued to throw fire on an already problematic issue. Warriors have an issue because they don’t have the condition application that revenant, necros, engineers, and elementalists have. They also don’t have the condition clear. DH’s are going down because they are either a DPS bomb or provide burning which is ‘ok" but they don’t do it well. The classes listed above have better sustain.

Again, this meta is just a continuation of the old meta but right now there is nothing that warrior brings to counter or do better than the classes in the top seeds because hybrid damage is THE BEST way to win fights at the moment.

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

I think maybe the OP meant to post this thread in a PvE forum.

in PvP

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

I remember the days when as an elementalist you actually had build variety and could equip a Berserker amulet. Now even with Maurauder you get 1-shot.

in PvP

Posted by: Drayos.8759

Drayos.8759

Right, ignoring the Elite only thing going right now, cause i dont consider it to be realistically a bad thing – somethings always in meta, and theres never been a actual considered “variation” in the majority of proffessions anyway.

PvE:

Dragonhunters are refused based on Low DPS because they just do not match other proffessions zerker speccs currently.

Tempest just holds no reason to be brought to a raid either realistically their mobile damage isnt that strong at all which has always been a withdraw for them among other issues now that Druid can replace their supporting feature.

So we’re down 2 proffessions in Min-maxing PvE Raids, which is likely taking place without having new well known guilds, people are referring to this proffessions as “i hope they’re carry-able” which really shouldnt be any form of case.

PvP

they’ve only deleted 3 proffessions from the Meta, i mean thats HUGE, we’ve never had Every single proffession in the meta but still 3?! and they’ve released a pvp season on that, i mean if ur all Scrappers, Dragonhunters, Reapers, Chronomancers Heralds and Tempests(in pvp) Sure, games balanced, but to just ignore the other 3 proffessions completely is ignorance and tbh, if i was of a main of any of those 3 proffessions i would be severly upset by the lack of thought into that.

in PvP

Posted by: Kicker.8203

Kicker.8203

OP is playing an OP revenant.

in PvP

Posted by: Ithir Darkleaf.7923

Ithir Darkleaf.7923

cool story WizardBro

~ The light of a new day

in PvP

Posted by: TheAngryDuckling.5481

TheAngryDuckling.5481

Things need tweaking, but lets be real. Every single class in the game has threads calling for it’s nerf. The 20k gunflame thread being the warrior one.

You have to realize that no player base will ever believe that asynchronous classes can be balanced. Players will go to great lengths to be able to declare one class better than another.
Balancing a game is easy, getting the playerbase to believe that it’s balanced is impossible.

Besides having a perfectly balanced game may not even be what you want.

Last i checked gun flame hits around 6k full zerk. Only time it was hitting 20k was when it was bugged in the beta…

in PvP

Posted by: Salamander.2504

Salamander.2504

The 20k gunflame occurs only under a very specific set of “yolo” circumstances (and not just in the beta).

in PvP

Posted by: Phantom.5389

Phantom.5389

It’s sad that people still believe gunflame is op. In solo queue unranked vs new players maybe. It is a gimmick build. It means that the build is based onto one trick, thus why we call such a build a one trick poney gimmicky build. Once they enter berserker form they will gunflame and build adren to gunflame again before berserker runs out and becomes underperforming (see here even worst than core warrior when out of berserker form). Basically they have no sustain since this gimmicky build is all based on massive DPS sacrificing everything for those big bursts.

I do agree that the buff to rifle warrior (berserker) was not necessary and it was just a try from Anet to bring the elite spec of warrior up top with all the other elite spec with minimal efforts (see here boosting damage and not implementing any consistent changes concerning the real problems of the warrior class).

Warrior got nerfed since the last year, never by a big margin but always a little nerf. All those little nerf combined made the warrior pre-HoT to be average only. Not in the top builds, yet not in the bottom. Now? Warrior is just outclassed. A team will prefer a roaming revenant or a thief over a roaming warrior. A team will prefer any other support that came out with HoT in place of a support warrior. Will a gunflame warrior really fill a spot in ranked play? My answer to that is simply no. Even if the core warrior have its flaws, core warrior still top the elite spec of warrior. For sure gunflame warriors can be fun in a pug match (and by pug match I mean hotjoin/unranked or really really low rank).

-Warrior basic skills mechanic regarding their gap closers needs a fix. Bring back their mobility!
-Warrior is in need of a better sustain, considering every other profession got access to great sustain without sacrificing too much DPS. Currently warrior sustain is all about stances which consist of a burst sustain followed by nothing.

Take revenant for exemple. They have better sustain than the warrior. They have better mobility than the warrior with their blinks and superspeed (pop superspeed on demand and negate chill/cripple movement impairing effects while a melee warrior is doomed to be slow unless a hard condi cleanse is used…). They have strong auto attack and burst skills (thus invalidating the argument that warrior advantage is their damage…. it was true, I doubt it is anymore…). Revenant is also great when it comes to finishing of downed ennemies with [Elemental Blast] and [Chaotic Release] and their auto attack (pretty much countering the fact that warrior cleave on downed players is also part of why they were decent). Warrior banner was great, now with superspeed rez, it seems rather weak…

Sorry for the rant. I just can’t believe people still think warrior is OP…

I also concur and say balancing a game is not that easy. It is a big undertaking but it should be possible to reach a somewhat balanced game. As for the playerbase believing the game is balanced, you just need to get a rough balance. Remember when the complaints on the forums were usually about only one or two subject? An exemple : the big thread being solo Q vs Premades + Cele ele dominating. At another time it was Solo Q + burning guards. At another time it was Solo Q vs Premades + Skyhammer being out of place or Courtyard. My point is there was always one or 2 negative feedbacks subject getting over 1000+ views over the timeline of GW2 at a given time, maybe sometimes it reached 3. Right now there is : Solo Q vs Premade, thief dead, warrior dead and then the many X class is OP thread. Not saying all the claims are true. Just saying it is clear there is inbalance in the current GW2 PvP scene.

(edited by Phantom.5389)

in PvP

Posted by: senki.1046

senki.1046

lololol, obvious troll is obvious

in PvP

Posted by: OneWordName.3761

OneWordName.3761

If I’m allowed to make a crude analogy;

Revenants are to Warriors what Elementalists are to Necromancers.

The big big difference is that necros were underpowered for years and were slowly brought up while warriors used to be overpowered and have been slowly nerfed. To make matters worse necros got an elite spec that is incredibly strong in pvp while warriors’ elite is easily the weakest trait line they have right now.

Meanwhile Revs and Eles are taking full advantage of having insane amounts of utility and healing on top of endless evades, blocks and invuln.

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

It’s sad that people still believe gunflame is op.

To you and all the other people that quoted me and started debunking the 20k gunflame.

I wasn’t saying gunflame hits for 20k, nor was I trying to claim that warriors need nerfs.

I was referring to a thread on this board entitled Warrior 20k gunflame hit, really??? using said thread as a example that every class has threads QQ’ing about it.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: Phantom.5389

Phantom.5389

Oh well, sorry. I do agree that warrior got a thread with high post on it. But it is a half troll half serious thread if you ask me. Did you read it? This thread decipher how to obtain that 20k crit. Basically you use everything in order to obtain that burst. It’s pretty similar to the good old fresh air zerker ele. Massive damage, yet if he get a minimum of focus he is out to die a horrible death… Even then I believe fresh air ele on full zerk got better chance of escaping XD