OP panic strike teef inc.

in PvP

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

Those complaining about thieves obviously don’t play thief"

This, maybe with an addition of not knowing what to do when a thief Shadow Refuges.

Surprise surprise. after the patch thief has an auto stunbreak on a 30 sec cd if they choose Acro.
There’s 0 chance of dpsing them to death while they’re in SR now thanks to -50% damage, cleanse, ~600 hp per sec (SR healing included), auto prevent CC. You can also pop your heal skill if you know how to cancel the animation of backtrack rolling.

Dpsing to death will be harder, but not 0. Dps will still be effective on thief in SR. CC will be available if they have been cc’d within the past 30 seconds.

It’s not stupid broken. You either melt all the hp they gain from SR or you cc them before they SR so Fear me, Illusion wave, Howl, Pulls, launches work.

It’s harder, but the extra defense is a nice plus since SR is a big “Thief lies here” sign.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

in PvP

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

then tell me which amazing berserk build other than medi guard is able to reliably kill a thief.

there are support builds on thief, wether they’re good or not is a different question.
not every class has a support build, or have you ever seen a support mesmer?

the reason why thief is the strongest zerker is because of:

its active defence, be it stealth or evades
its ability to disengage and to reset a fight
the numerous gapclosers that make a thief unkiteable
the ability to interrupt through stability

no other berserk build is able to do all these things at the same time. there is not a single reason to not take a thief with the current balance.

All classes can

in PvP

Posted by: Mrbig.8019

Mrbig.8019

then tell me which amazing berserk build other than medi guard is able to reliably kill a thief.

there are support builds on thief, wether they’re good or not is a different question.

no other berserk build is able to do all these things at the same time. there is not a single reason to not take a thief with the current balance.

All classes can

No other class can.

that’s why there’s has been a thief in every team ( aside few months pre-trickery buff) since the start of the game.

in PvP

Posted by: Sizzle Hint.1820

Sizzle Hint.1820

I remember when they tried to nerf panic strike by lowering the duration and the cd. Basically this was a huge buff as it procs more often and a 2s immob is as good as a 50s immob because if you do nothing in 2s to remove it you die anyway. Anet have a fundamental lack of understanding that changing durations on condis as a nerf is pointless and does nothing. Like their attempt to nerf poison from thieves shortbow. Total fail.

This game is so skillless. Just get 2 people to stealth up with perma stealth and spike people out of nowhere. That has been the lameness of gw2 for 6 months and there is zero room for any counter play. And its easy to do, i have seen very mediocre players do steslth spikes as its like 3 buttons and a load of passive procs

Not to mention thief is getting resistance on a 10 cd base, auto breakstun on a 30 cd base, and 450 hp/sec in stealth, more initiative gain, -50% damage, condition cleanse while in stealth. Also, all good dps traits are merged into Deadly Art, so thief can be super offensive by just picking one trait line, while able to pick up both defensive trait lines and be invincible at the same time.

Way to balance your game Anet!

And its already the most OP class and the most hated class because it has zero counterplay.

Apparently though, thief doesnt need counter play but warrior/necro/rangers must have a ton of counter play lol.

So stupid. The problem is the expectation is set from release. Thieves expect to be OP as kitten. If you made them balanced (would need huge nerfs) then I think thieves would qq alot even though they could still work well in pvp.

Imagine a player who is a 7/10.

This player plays thief so his MMR is a 9/10 – higher than his skill warrents.

This player is used to playing at this MMR and so thinks he is a 9/10 (even though he isn’t).

If thief becomes balanced then his MMR will take time to adjust to a 7/10 in which time he will think thief is underpowered when in reality he just sucks.

So 2 years after release you still havent figured out how to beat them… hmm…

There are people in this game who 10 – 0 thief easy maybe they are cheating though because no way they could possibly beat this godmode class

Most hated class? Barely.

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

I remember when they tried to nerf panic strike by lowering the duration and the cd. Basically this was a huge buff as it procs more often and a 2s immob is as good as a 50s immob because if you do nothing in 2s to remove it you die anyway. Anet have a fundamental lack of understanding that changing durations on condis as a nerf is pointless and does nothing. Like their attempt to nerf poison from thieves shortbow. Total fail.

This game is so skillless. Just get 2 people to stealth up with perma stealth and spike people out of nowhere. That has been the lameness of gw2 for 6 months and there is zero room for any counter play. And its easy to do, i have seen very mediocre players do steslth spikes as its like 3 buttons and a load of passive procs

Not to mention thief is getting resistance on a 10 cd base, auto breakstun on a 30 cd base, and 450 hp/sec in stealth, more initiative gain, -50% damage, condition cleanse while in stealth. Also, all good dps traits are merged into Deadly Art, so thief can be super offensive by just picking one trait line, while able to pick up both defensive trait lines and be invincible at the same time.

And its already the most OP class and the most hated class because it has zero counterplay.

Apparently though, thief doesnt need counter play but warrior/necro/rangers must have a ton of counter play lol.

So stupid. The problem is the expectation is set from release. Thieves expect to be OP as kitten. If you made them balanced (would need huge nerfs) then I think thieves would qq alot even though they could still work well in pvp.

This player is used to playing at this MMR and so thinks he is a 9/10 (even though he isn’t).

If thief becomes balanced then his MMR will take time to adjust to a 7/10 in which time he will think thief is underpowered when in reality he just sucks.

There are people in this game who 10 – 0 thief easy maybe they are cheating though because no way they could possibly beat this godmode class

Everything depends on what you play…if you main engi and you’re just decent ofc you can 10-0 almost any thief around just cc’ing him while waiting for your op incendiary powder to proc, but on necro…it’s probably more about thief making mistakes..

let alone if you play mesmer…even the worst d/p thief on earth can kill any shatter memser no matter how good he is with some lucky procs (Expec if running dumb panic strike)

If you can 10-0 average panic strike d/p thief on standard 20 20 0 0 30 shatter mesmer please teach me how to do it…even helseth would probably be your padawan if you, as a thief, die to shatter mesmers you must definitely quit thief already because you literally need to kitten EVERYTHING up to lose 1v1 vs shatter mes

this community…really…

Ark 2nd Account

(edited by Archaon.9524)

in PvP

T raw.4658

All classes can

No other class can.

that’s why there’s has been a thief in every team ( aside few months pre-trickery buff) since the start of the game.

Every class in this game has a zerker build that can kill a thief 1v1 reliably. If you can’t see this truth than there is nothing more to discuss due to your own unreasonable bias.

in PvP

Archaon.9524

All classes can

No other class can.

Every class in this game has a zerker build that can kill a thief 1v1 reliably. If you can’t see this truth than there is nothing more to discuss due to your own unreasonable bias.

gimme zerk war build that can reliably kill a same skill level d/p thief 1v1….lmao

or even better…go zerk war and 1v1 vahn, i’ll lend you mlg arena for that…really wanna see this, and gonna record it ofc so be careful, youtube is waiting for it

Ark 2nd Account

(edited by Archaon.9524)

in PvP

T raw.4658

All classes can

No other class can.

gimme zerk war build that can reliably kill a same skill level d/p thief 1v1….lmao

or even better…go zerk war and 1v1 vahn, i’ll lend you mlg arena for that…really wanna see this, and gonna record it ofc so be careful, youtube is waiting for it

GS/Rifle does very nicely vs d/p thieves.
Standard eviscerate builds can do well too.

The goal is to have each fight rely on player skill not have hard counters which it seems most posters here want. For some reason because a thief is mobile they have to die in 1v1’s in a lot of people’s minds.

That being said I could roll a warrior and fight you. I could fight anyone, but it doesn’t prove much of anything me doing that.

in PvP

Sizzle Hint.1820

Everything depends on what you play…if you main engi and you’re just decent ofc you can 10-0 almost any thief around just cc’ing him while waiting for your op incendiary powder to proc, but on necro…it’s probably more about thief making mistakes..

let alone if you play mesmer…even the worst d/p thief on earth can kill any shatter memser no matter how good he is with some lucky procs (Expec if running dumb panic strike)

If you can 10-0 average panic strike d/p thief on standard 20 20 0 0 30 shatter mesmer please teach me how to do it…even helseth would probably be your padawan if you, as a thief, die to shatter mesmers you must definitely quit thief already because you literally need to kitten EVERYTHING up to lose 1v1 vs shatter mes

this community…really…

So there are counters to the thief… interesting. The guy i quoted made me think for a moment that we are gods. Sadface.

in PvP

Archaon.9524

All classes can

No other class can.

The goal is to have each fight rely on player skill not have hard counters which it seems most posters here want. For some reason because a thief is mobile they have to die in 1v1’s in a lot of people’s minds.

That being said I could roll a warrior and fight you. I could fight anyone, but it doesn’t prove much of anything me doing that.

Fine then. When? Gonna bring you a thief…vahn, renna or someone else and we’ll see…cause you know, i main war and i won’t go for 1v1 vs a top thief with some zerk crap, but i guess you can so let’s see..

mail me on first account Archaon.6245 when you’re up for it

Ark 2nd Account

(edited by Archaon.9524)

in PvP

Posted by: yolo swaggins.2570

yolo swaggins.2570

This thread is a Pity Net (because the other word is meant for an older audience) where the OP and just about everyone who agrees with him or defends him has no basis to their claims. Just like every other thread like this, suggestions given are intended to entirely break w/e OP is complaining about or gets derailed into other areas of the thief profession that those who’ve cast this Pity Net want destroyed aswell.

Nobody in these kinds of threads, except the thieves themselves, want balance making this post a nonconstructive nerf thread.

Remember that this game’s combat is designed around self sufficiency making any deaths you incur your own fault. So play the profession that’s killing you, learn their capabilities and git gud.

EDIT: btw since this discussion isn’t going to go anywhere I recommend a lock.

Liaison for [Teef]
“Please stop complaining about stuff you don’t even know about.” ~Nocta

in PvP

Sizzle Hint.1820

this community…really…

So there are counters to the thief… interesting. The guy i quoted made me think for a moment that we are gods. Sadface.

problem with thief is that it forces some specs/classes out of meta (Expec with panic strike) …never said it has no counters, if you can read (And looking at your reply i don’t think you can) you’ll see that i already said that a condi engi can kill thieves pretty easily (Random procs again)

Every single class in this game has builds that make other builds obsolete so what exactly is your point?

You know i’d love to play P/P thief but cant because it gets wrecked by pretty much everything yet im not here making posts complaining that other builds force me to play something else.

Also i didnt even quote you originally so why do you think i know what you wrote? Probably the usual whining anyway.

in PvP

Posted by: Toxsa.2701

Toxsa.2701

This thread is a Pity Net (because the other word is meant for an older audience) where the OP and just about everyone who agrees with him or defends him has no basis to their claims. Just like every other thread like this, suggestions given are intended to entirely break w/e OP is complaining about or gets derailed into other areas of the thief profession that those who’ve cast this Pity Net want destroyed aswell.

Nobody in these kinds of threads, except the thieves themselves, want balance making this post a nonconstructive nerf thread.

Remember that this game’s combat is designed around self sufficiency making any deaths you incur your own fault. So play the profession that’s killing you, learn their capabilities and git gud.

EDIT: btw since this discussion isn’t going to go anywhere I recommend a lock.

I don’t see your post being any more constructive than anyone else. It’s even more pointless and meaningless really. There’s also no way your post or thief’s posts are more credible than others. They’re all the same.

in PvP

T raw.4658

All classes can

No other class can.

Fine then. When? Gonna bring you a thief…vahn, renna or someone else and we’ll see…cause you know, i main war and i won’t go for 1v1 vs a top thief with some zerk crap, but i guess you can so let’s see..

You make the challenge you send the mail.

in PvP

Archaon.9524

All classes can

No other class can.

ok gonna mail you tonight then…eu right? since you’re nowhere to be seen on gw2 score

Ark 2nd Account

in PvP

Posted by: Treeoflife.4031

Treeoflife.4031

I’m kinda impressed at the amount of hate pouring out at thief right now haha. not gonna say too much but to those who hate acro thief…..its kinda the lesser of about 5 evils. So hoping for more or enjoying the nerfs to acro thief now will only result in more “god mode” DP thieves. If you don’t play thief then you don’t know how hard SD thief can be to play. Yes there are a few buffs that we got, but most classes got as many if not more buffs than thief. just sayin

Guild Leader of Rebel Dps [ReD]
~Glitch

in PvP

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

They said the Critical Strikes line was too strong, well maybe in PvE only and even then it was taken mostly for Executioneer and the additional +300 precision and +300 Ferocity which wont be the case anylonger. Deathly Arts was the go-to line for a while now, it’s really, really strong currently. And now it’s getting the Executioneer trait or a significantly buffed version of Improvisation on top of it, and you can now take one these in addition to Panic Strike.

If that wasn’t enough. they can now fully take the Shadow Arts trait line, now with ridiculously OP traits such as Resilience of Shadows for free. Now they can go all the way to this trait line and can also get Regen on stealth or stealth on steal in addition to one of the most broken traits in the game which was even buffed: Shadow’s Rejuvenation. Shadow’s Embrace is also absurdly strong as it removes a condition upon entering stealth and after the 3s interval, this is the only condi removal trait they only ever need against conditions.

Also Basilisk Venom now has 2 stacks.

Is like everything a Dagger/Pistol thief could dream of and then some. No other profession even with additional grandmaster traits comes even close to this.

We all know that is all a work in progress, but they specifically asked us about what we think about these specific changes. Well, there it is.

I’m going to heavily question ANET’s balance capabilties if this spec ever realeases like this.

in PvP

Posted by: Mrbig.8019

Mrbig.8019

I’m kinda impressed at the amount of hate pouring out at thief right now haha. not gonna say too much but to those who hate acro thief…..its kinda the lesser of about 5 evils. So hoping for more or enjoying the nerfs to acro thief now will only result in more “god mode” DP thieves. If you don’t play thief then you don’t know how hard SD thief can be to play. Yes there are a few buffs that we got, but most classes got as many if not more buffs than thief. just sayin

The thread is about god mode D/P thieves.

And about how even more god mode they will be after HoT.

in PvP

Toxsa.2701

They said the Critical Strikes line was too strong, well maybe in PvE only and even then it was taken mostly for Executioneer and the additional +300 precision and +300 Ferocity which wont be the case anylonger. Deathly Arts was the go-to line for a while now, it’s really, really strong currently. And now it’s getting the Executioneer trait or a significantly buffed version of Improvisation on top of it, and you can now take one these in addition to Panic Strike.

If that wasn’t enough. they can now fully take the Shadow Arts trait line, now with ridiculously OP traits such as Resilience of Shadows for free. Now they can go all the way to this trait line and can also get Regen on stealth or stealth on steal in addition to one of the most broken traits in the game which was even buffed: Shadow’s Rejuvenation. Shadow’s Embrace is also absurdly strong as it removes a condition upon entering stealth and after the 3s interval, this is the only condi removal trait they only ever need against conditions.

Also Basilisk Venom now has 2 stacks.

Is like everything a Dagger/Pistol thief could dream of and then some. No other profession even with additional grandmaster traits comes even close to this.

We all know that is all a work in progress, but they specifically asked us about what we think about these specific changes. Well, there it is.

I’m going to heavily question ANET’s balance capabilties if this spec ever realeases like this.

Can you please post this in thief forum as well?
Those thief folks are currently heavily rejecting about how OP they’d become after the patch and attack anyone who says Thief will be OP after the change.

in PvP

Azure The Heartless.3261

Keep in mind everyone else got significant power buffs.
Except Necros((Necromatic corruption))

“Those thief folks” arent rejecting how op they’d become, they’re rejecting the flagrant calls for nerfs from people who do not play the class, even in the face of heavy trait improvements for the other classes, before the patch even drops, even though the devs said they’d see how it goes and play with the numbers once play produces some data.

Becoming op is up for debate. Every other class is getting stark synergy traitwise, and the outcome of the sweeping buffs could easily make SA required for survival.

>Nobody talking about Merciless Hammer
>Lets remove all the defense thieves are about to get for standing in a circle

Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

(edited by Azure The Heartless.3261)

in PvP

Toxsa.2701

Except Necros

“Those thief folks” arent rejecting how op they’d become, they’re rejecting the flagrant calls for nerfs from people who do not play the class, even in the face of heavy trait improvements for the other classes, before the patch even drops, even though the devs said they’d see how it goes and play with the numbers once play produces some data.

I already said it before, now’s the ONLY CHANCE to give feedback. If those changes went live, it’d take another half year for Anet to “fix” these problems.

I think other lines of thief is a “reasonable improvement” if the SA line is not so OP to synergize with them. When you check other classes’ trait, they have one thing in common: They have their defensive traits and offensive traits split to all 5 category so that they can’t get all of them.

For thief, it’s different story. They have all the good offensive traits merged into deadly art, and all the good defensive traits merged into SA and Acro, and all the utility traits merged into trickery. Basically all thieves will just pick SA + Deadly Art + one other trait that’s not critical strike. (Unless they’re doing PVE) That’s like making ONE choice only.. (pick trickery or acro and there you go)

How’s this balance?

(edited by Toxsa.2701)

in PvP

Posted by: Wile.5024

Wile.5024

Thief buffs seem to be aimed at keeping thief a clear #1 when considering zerk classes… I don’t understand why not make builds/classes competing for the ~same role more even.

in PvP

Azure The Heartless.3261

Except Necros

I already said it before, now’s the ONLY CHANCE to get feedback. If those changes went live, it’d take another half year for Anet to “fix” these problems.

They said specifically that they’d be playing with the numbers after shipping, and that they’d be working on them up to shipping. I’m sure there are going to be several classes with glaring issues, and bubble-wrapping thief out of the gate due to presumed delay in rebalancing could just as easily put them at a disadvantage for that long.

in PvP

T raw.4658

All classes can

No other class can.

ok gonna mail you tonight then…eu right? since you’re nowhere to be seen on gw2 score

Nope NA.

I’ll make my warrior and level em some to get some what of a familiarity with em

in PvP

Azure The Heartless.3261

For thief, it’s different story. They have all the good offensive traits merged into deadly art, and all the good defensive traits merged into SA and Acro, and all the utility traits merged into trickery. Basically all thieves will just pick SA + Deadly Art + one other trait that’s not critical strike. (Unless they’re doing PVE) That’s like making ONE choice only.. (pick trickery or acro and there you go)

How’s this balance?

SA, Acro, and trickery had those specific features before. Merging Executioner into deadly arts was surprising, but DA also has trap utility instead of just flat damage, and is centered around one particular condition that can be removed. Numbers can be adjusted on Executioner damage and the like, but it fits where it is atm.

I need to see how it performs compared to the other players before I am convinced that there is nerfing required. I have nothing against nerfs if we need them, because I have to fight thieves too. Gutting them right out of the gate should be held off on though.

in PvP

Posted by: nightblood.7910

nightblood.7910

Well if were alerting Anet, lets be sure to alert them that there is only like 5 people complaining about the thief specs on the forums at the moment.

And if you research each of the forum posts about it (as this is the only one not locked yet), its pretty much the same 5 people complaining.

in PvP

Posted by: Treeoflife.4031

Treeoflife.4031

Its probably people that dont play thief so they dont know any better.

Guild Leader of Rebel Dps [ReD]
~Glitch

in PvP

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

Typically they claim to have all lvl 80 classes – so clearly they know their kitten.

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

in PvP

T raw.4658

Typically they claim to have all lvl 80 classes – so clearly they know their kitten.

Yes like being able to run trickery, SA, panic strike, and 2 master traits in Acro lol

in PvP

Posted by: Highlie.7641

Highlie.7641

Why learn to play when you can cry and have arena net do the lifting for you?

Thief lyfe.

in PvP

Posted by: ResJudicator.7916

ResJudicator.7916

If you PvPed at a higher level, you’d recognize that many of the people who dislike Shadow Rejuvenation are top thieves who don’t like the huge crutch that SR provides. They rely on timing disengages, blinds, interrupts, and dodges to avoid damage, rather than camping stealth to erase mistakes.

I’m otherwise totally in support of buffs to thieves, especially ones that go along with their active, mechanically skill-intensive playstyle.

(edited by ResJudicator.7916)

in PvP

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Yes like being able to run trickery, SA, panic strike, and 2 master traits in Acro lol

If you PvPed at a higher level, you’d recognize that many of the people who dislike Shadow Rejuvenation are top thieves who don’t like the huge crutch that SR provides. They rely on timing disengages, blinds, interrupts, and dodges to avoid damage, rather than camping stealth to erase mistakes.

I’m otherwise totally in support of buffs to thieves, especially ones that go along with their active, mechanically skill-intensive playstyle.

Using S.Rej. doesn’t affect your time stealthed it’s a player choice, it’s a simple bonus while doing your normal rotation what you are describing are trolls. I don’t look up to thieves that hide in PvP they usually tend have strong 1v1 mindsets and arguments .

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

(edited by Sagat.3285)

in PvP

Posted by: nightblood.7910

nightblood.7910

yep this thread is on its way to being locked like the rest.

in PvP

Archaon.9524

All classes can

No other class can.

Nope NA.

I’ll make my warrior and level em some to get some what of a familiarity with em

problem is that i’m eu ofc….as you can see from my signature

Ark 2nd Account

in PvP

Posted by: Chapell.1346

Chapell.1346

The thread is about god mode D/P thieves.

You mean how easy mode D/p is (currently)

And about how even more god mode they will be after HoT.

I dislike the word God mode, lets say they turn D/p very easy mode after HoT.
bad call anet,stop making this game an easy mode like those mainstream ones.

[Urge]
Between a master and apprentice, i would love to see the differences.

in PvP

T raw.4658

All classes can

No other class can.

Nope NA.

So uh what you’re saying is its not happening now….

in PvP

Archaon.9524

All classes can

No other class can.

Nope NA.

do you have eu account? since na pvp is basically dead many have eu account too..

Ark 2nd Account

in PvP

Posted by: yolo swaggins.2570

yolo swaggins.2570

I don’t see your post being any more constructive than anyone else. It’s even more pointless and meaningless really. There’s also no way your post or thief’s posts are more credible than others. They’re all the same.

Actually there is. It is called experience.

A great majority of the players who disagree with the OP’s thoughts and the general topic of nerfing thief, are those with vastly more experience than the players who seek to destroy thief. They’ve used thief enough that they understand thief’s quirks, handling, weak points, etc. that they can spot a bad player who was quickly reminded skill level by a better player a mile away. They can see past those sneaky little veiled nerf thief threads better than everyone else.

And with that experience and understanding, they know which suggestions will break the profession. Anyone can level a thief to 80, but it takes way more than that to gain any credibility and the OP has none.

The OP has made it obvious that a thief killed him and he is out for blood because his claim is impulsive, specific and has absolutely no basis other than “because…”. And because of it there is no point in trying to be constructive. The OP and those who take his side do not want a discussion but simply for players to agree with him. That is not constructive and neither is shooting down experience because you think they “don’t want their OP mechanics removed”.

Blind flailing attacks are countered by blind flailing defense. That’s all these threads amount to and that’s why they need to be locked.

Liaison for [Teef]
“Please stop complaining about stuff you don’t even know about.” ~Nocta

in PvP

Posted by: Nyx.7342

Nyx.7342

Too lazy to read everything people have written so im sure someone else has stated this:

As a teef main I don’t like this change at all. I enjoyed playing crit strikes instead of panic. It made d/p hard and forced me to learn how to take someone all the way to 0 instead of 50% and then spam. I feel like this change will make only one viable build for d/p because there is no longer a reason to go into a trait line w/o executioner. I know getting buffs is something people enjoy, but honestly thief is in a somewhat good place at the moment. It has pretty good balance, even though people constantly qq about it. Plz dont make it a brain dead class -_- ill have to retire it then.

could be wrong tho, but the change does seem…a bit powerful

(would be better to focus on bringing down cele classes a bit which they are kind of doing except engie seems to have been buffed alot unnecessarily)

(edited by Nyx.7342)

in PvP

Posted by: DutchRiders.2871

DutchRiders.2871

^^ From my point of view cele builds exist because thiefs pretty much limit any zerker option :P.

in PvP

T raw.4658

All classes can

No other class can.

Nope NA.

do you have eu account? since na pvp is basically dead many have eu account too..

Why would I get an EU account?? I could care less about competitively standing in little circles. TBH I play PvP when the mood suits me and quite frankly real conquest is played jumping outta planes no scoping kittenes

in PvP

Posted by: TainoFuerte.8136

TainoFuerte.8136

Meh. As soon as the expac hits balance will completely go to kitten all over again – Thief, Ele, whatever, it’ll all suck. All these changes at just one time + new class + new sub-classes is basically hitting the reset button on the last two years of balancing effort. Expect everything to suck horribly for about another two-three years after the expansion hits, considering how often they “shave” (once every six months it seems, I guess GW2 has low testosterone levels).

in PvP

Archaon.9524

All classes can

No other class can.

Nope NA.

Why would I get an EU account?? I could care less about competitively standing in little circles. TBH I play PvP when the mood suits me and quite frankly real conquest is played jumping outta planes no scoping kittenes

so you don’t care bout competitive pvp yet you come here discussing in pvp forum and talking about something you never played at a good level…

makes sense…

Ark 2nd Account

in PvP

T raw.4658

All classes can

No other class can.

Nope NA.

so you don’t care bout competitive pvp yet you come here discussing in pvp forum and talking about something you never played at a good level…

makes sense…

I never said I haven’t played it at a good level….just said I really don’t put much stock in it.

Absorb the entire statement before commenting mate.

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

All classes can

No other class can.

Nope NA.

makes sense…

I never said I haven’t played it at a good level….just said I really don’t put much stock in it.

Absorb the entire statement before commenting mate.

Not for nothing, but you’ve never been ranked not that it means much. Teefs already push zerker necros, mesmers, eles, rangers… pretty much any class that plays zerk tbh out of the meta. So the solution is to buff the kitten out of them…. but take away a dodge every now and then…… power creep sucks.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in PvP

Azure The Heartless.3261

Chronomancer revealed for mesmer, I dont think we need to be pushing for nerfs on anyone just yet.

in PvP

Posted by: ResJudicator.7916

ResJudicator.7916

Actually there is. It is called experience.

A great majority of the players who disagree with the OP’s thoughts and the general topic of nerfing thief, are those with vastly more experience than the players who seek to destroy thief. They’ve used thief enough that they understand thief’s quirks, handling, weak points, etc. that they can spot a bad player who was quickly reminded skill level by a better player a mile away. They can see past those sneaky little veiled nerf thief threads better than everyone else.

And with that experience and understanding, they know which suggestions will break the profession. Anyone can level a thief to 80, but it takes way more than that to gain any credibility and the OP has none.

The OP has made it obvious that a thief killed him and he is out for blood because his claim is impulsive, specific and has absolutely no basis other than “because…”. And because of it there is no point in trying to be constructive. The OP and those who take his side do not want a discussion but simply for players to agree with him. That is not constructive and neither is shooting down experience because you think they “don’t want their OP mechanics removed”.

Blind flailing attacks are countered by blind flailing defense. That’s all these threads amount to and that’s why they need to be locked.

Your only contribution to this thread has been to directly attack other players. And your attacks are completely baseless. Based on GW2Score, the OP was Rank ~41 on EU on the oldschool MMR leaderboards maining thief w/ over 3k games. You’ve never even made it onto any of the leaderboards.

Now don’t take this the wrong way — I’m not saying that you’re a bad player or anything for failing to place on the leaderboards. But maybe you shouldn’t automatically discount the opinions of someone who has been more successful at thief? At the very least, you can address the argument itself.

I often disagree with what the OP writes, but at least I’d take the time to respond to the substance of his post rather than assume that anyone who disagrees with me must be terrible at the game.