On Point: Guardian serves zero viable role

in PvP

Posted by: Darknicrofia.2604

Darknicrofia.2604

I just wan’t to know how the op factored in mobility to on point guardian… I mean they are supposed to hold their point not run from point to point like a thief. They do have a role Bunker Guardian point holders. They are lack luster right now but I have a hunch that this role will be more useful after season 3 patch. (Unless they don’t change anything of course)

if guardians were actually capable of sustaining itself in a team fight or 1v1 vs any meta class, we wouldn’t be asking for mobility/disengages.

if a guardians gets focused by more than 1 person using more than auto attack, it WILL die with virtually 0 chance of sustaining or bailing.

Darknicrofia Sage – Bad Gerdian, Merciless Legend, Platinum NA Solo Que

in PvP

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

Guardian wasn’t meant to hold a point indefinitely. They are to last long enough for the team to get on point and help them out contest it during their combat while providing whatever damage or healing utility it brought along with it. Guardian is one of the few classes I feel is working as intended but is being outshined by a noticeable sustain and condition damage power creep. Also it had the very sloppy addition of it’s elite specialization. They literally just slapped on a couple thousands of damage on their utility belt to try and power creep them inline with the current meta. I personally felt like they could have put more thought into dragon hunter as traps are too unoriginal. Rangers have them. Thief has them. And now guardian has them just more damage less conditions. I want them to add some flair to guardian weapons clean up their trap design to hopefully give guardian a strong hold in tpvp next season.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

in PvP

Posted by: Rodzynald.5897

Rodzynald.5897

Isn’t “sustained” about sustaining something in a stable manner? Well this is how I see the definition of sustained (healing/damage) as something that is the opposite of burst.
Does Guardian have a stable source of healing like for example scrapper? Aside from virtue passive and regen from mace or shouts, we mostly roll with burst healing.

Guardian is meant for jolly crusading.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

I just wan’t to know how the op factored in mobility to on point guardian… I mean they are supposed to hold their point not run from point to point like a thief. They do have a role Bunker Guardian point holders. They are lack luster right now but I have a hunch that this role will be more useful after season 3 patch. (Unless they don’t change anything of course)

if guardians were actually capable of sustaining itself in a team fight or 1v1 vs any meta class, we wouldn’t be asking for mobility/disengages.

if a guardians gets focused by more than 1 person using more than auto attack, it WILL die with virtually 0 chance of sustaining or bailing.

So let me get it straight, you want to be able to tank multiple enemies while dishing out extremely high dmg as traps and LB atm do? Bunker guard even in current meta can actually hold point for decent amount of time.

HoT introduced way too much powercreep, if anything patches should have only nerfs to elites imo, not buffs.

You can’t just argument with “boohooo other classes are so much better, please give us one shots back, give us moblity”. If other classes are too strong, ask for nerfs of those classes, not more powercreep.

Also your last statement applies to literary every single dps build out there.

Have you been on receiving side of DH spells? Blind, block, block, blind, blind, block, block, insta heal, instant stackable one-shot traps, CC that ignores teleports, teleport trueshot+traps in the face, a pull that launches you 900 feet in the air so you take fall dmg just to land into traps that do another 20k dmg.

Guards are not meant to have high mobility. If they did they would have to give up their heals, blocks and 1v1 capability (just like thieves; revs don’t count since Anet threw any common sense out of the window and overtuned them for the sake of sales).

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Guards are not meant to have high mobility. If they did they would have to give up their heals, blocks and 1v1 capability (just like thieves; revs don’t count since Anet threw any common sense out of the window and overtuned them for the sake of sales).

Thieves have infinite dodge and stealth on demand + 9-12k backstabs – ability to reset fights by stealth is most broken thing in this game.

1v1 capability of Guardians is non existent. You should try Guardian in pvp and figure it out by yourself.

in PvP

Cynz.9437

Thieves have infinite dodge and stealth on demand + 9-12k backstabs – ability to reset fights by stealth is most broken thing in this game.

1v1 capability of Guardians is non existent. You should try Guardian in pvp and figure it out by yourself.

Thieves do not have infinite dodges, there is such thing like endurance. Stealth gets countered pretty hard by revs and scrappers and doesn’t protect you from damage. Backstab doesn’t hit for 9-12k in pvp unless you run kamikaze signet thief with zerker amy and hit a squishy with 0 protection. Average backstab hits actually for around 3k lol. Stealth doesn’t reset fights/combat and once again doesn’t stop from any channeled, long animation or aoe spells from hitting you, besides once again scrappers/revs can put 6 sec reveal on you every 20 sec which leaves you naked for that time frame (which is more than enough to get someone killed).

Maybe you should have tried to play thief in season 1 to know exact meaning of non-existent 1v1 capability. Guards are in nowhere in such bad state.

I find complain about backstab is laughable. How about we change DH traps to thief or ranger trap mechanics and trueshot would have only 130 range and only do high dmg from behind. Shall we?

Once again, elites need nerfs not buffs. All of them.

All is Vain~

in PvP

Darknicrofia.2604

So let me get it straight, you want to be able to tank multiple enemies while dishing out extremely high dmg as traps and LB atm do? Bunker guard even in current meta can actually hold point for decent amount of time.

HoT introduced way too much powercreep, if anything patches should have only nerfs to elites imo, not buffs.

You can’t just argument with “boohooo other classes are so much better, please give us one shots back, give us moblity”. If other classes are too strong, ask for nerfs of those classes, not more powercreep.

Have you been on receiving side of DH spells? Blind, block, block, blind, blind, block, block, insta heal, instant stackable one-shot traps, CC that ignores teleports, teleport trueshot+traps in the face, a pull that launches you 900 feet in the air so you take fall dmg just to land into traps that do another 20k dmg.

you clearly didn’t read what I wrote or just can’t grasp the concept.

in PvP

Cynz.9437

you clearly didn’t read what I wrote or just can’t grasp the concept.

and you clearly don’t understand my point

All is Vain~

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Guardian sustain is fine, much like Warrior’s sustain was fine until Anet buffed their damages to be on par with the power creep.

Certain QoL items needs to happen for DH to react to certain encounters. A solid example is our F2 & F3 is easily interruptible.. and we’re entirely dependent on these skills to survive. Unlike using our F1 to pull a Rev’s Block or Sword#3, interrupting Guardian’s Virtues is 100% by chance. Not only does skill factor goes out the window but Guardian is already easily out playable… we’re not nearly OP enough to have so many weaknesses.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

I agree Guardian sustain if they become less trap dependent and see more damage from their weapons I feel they will be in a better spot. They increased thief auto attack damage what about Guardian weapons? It is time Guardians recieved a weapon damage increase while decreasing trap damage so it doesn’t deal more than 4k. I honestly didn’t mind true shot. I have no idea why they nerfed it. Guardians needed that skill to compete if they ever went without traps (Of course noone would when there is a single trap hitting for 6-10k or more depending on might stacking)

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

in PvP

Darknicrofia.2604

in PvP

Darknicrofia.2604

half of guardians’ virtues traits discourages you from EVER using the virtues, while half of them encourage you to spam them, and they’re not even in the same line competing for functionality, some of those are MINORS, in DIFFERENT trait lines.

literally wtf?

Radiance line minors:

Justice is Blind – blinds enemies when activating F1
Renewed Justice – F1 recharges when killing a foe

sounds great right? back before HoT, this was amazing, but wait…

DH line: Big game hunter – 10% damage increase when tethering a foe with F1 spear

guess what: Renewed Justice doesn’t work with DH virtues! so you can’t take Radiance with DH, they counter each other!

Zeal line: zealous scepter – gain 2 stacks of might when F1 procs passively with scepter attacks.

guess that means you can’t take scepter with DH trait line either, since its competing against the virtue concept too.

Guards trait lines are literally chalk full of traits that work AGAINST each other like that.

no synergy what so ever between the elite spec and the base trait line.

(edited by Darknicrofia.2604)

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

I agree that guardians can use some help. Just no buffing traps or spirit weapons. Passives are not fun.

in PvP

Posted by: King Cephalopod.7942

King Cephalopod.7942

I agree that guardians can use some help. Just no buffing traps or spirit weapons. Passives are not fun.

U wot m8?

A little savagery now and then is relished by the wisest men.
Don’t cry, Signet of Mercy. Others may forget you, but I will always remember.
Our deficiencies may be overcome by practice and self-discipline.

in PvP

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

I wish that my Guard have passives like Scrapper, but in some parallel universe where someone can revamp guardian into useful class.

in PvP

Darknicrofia.2604

scrappers gets elixir S as an auto trait when HP gets low….

guardians get: one aegis and a symbol of zeal

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

U wot m8?

Traps take zero skill. It should be a gimmick build and not the main build for a guardian. I’d prefer to see support guard or even medi guard buffed to become meta again.

in PvP

Posted by: King Cephalopod.7942

King Cephalopod.7942

Traps take zero skill. It should be a gimmick build and not the main build for a guardian. I’d prefer to see support guard or even medi guard buffed to become meta again.

Were you born yesterday? Traps aren’t passive, and neither are spirit weapons. Traps can be countered by a single button: the dodge key. Not only that, but spirit weapons are some of the worst summons in the game, if not THE worst (shoutouts to bow of truth). By your logic scrapper gyros and ranger pets need a super nerf, to the point where rangers are unplayable since pets are “passive”.

“Even medi guard” bruh where have you been for guardian class discussions? Meditrapper (notice: medis are an important part of this balanced breakfast) is the only build that appears close to useful. The general consensus is the more traps you have the less likely you are to live long enough to actually help.

A little savagery now and then is relished by the wisest men.
Don’t cry, Signet of Mercy. Others may forget you, but I will always remember.
Our deficiencies may be overcome by practice and self-discipline.

in PvP

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ideally they would reduce trap damage by a good 25% but make any boons granted shared with any ally within 600 radius. (Also they could stand to apply bleeding at base in order to make other build options viable)

As for spirit weapons, they are crap no matter what they do at this point.
Either they will be crap or the poor mans MM necro.

Instead they should redesign them to be more akin to weapon enchantments that the dervish had in GW1.

(edited by Ragnar the Rock.3174)

in PvP

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

Ideally they would reduce trap damage by a good 25% but make any boons granted shared with any ally within 600 radius. (Also they could stand to apply bleeding at base in order to make other build options viable)

Instead they should redesign them to be more akin to weapon enchantments that the dervish had in GW1.

I know people are gonna hate for this but, asking to buff boons is absurd. DH traps are the only traps that get boons ON TOP of their effects.

Let’s not forget DH trap has a stun breaker but others don’t.

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in PvP

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

I know people are gonna hate for this but, asking to buff boons is absurd. DH traps are the only traps that get boons ON TOP of their effects.

Let’s not forget DH trap has a stun breaker but others don’t.

True enough but guardian really has to bring something to make it worth using the guardian.

Traps previously had high damage & spike potential but Anet nerfed the crap out of them which obviously means they do not want guardians having that potential.

They have also nerfed their control potential several times.

This really only leaves boon support to make traps a viable option, but if they do this note that I said they should do a bit less damage then they do now and be lower in CD.

This way they are more useful for helping you and your group, are less likely to nuke idiots (and thus get nerfed) and bring more consistent damage.

(edited by Ragnar the Rock.3174)