Opening Chests after March 18th

in PvP

Posted by: Fello.8673

Fello.8673

Since there won’t be glory anymore after the March 18th patch, I won’t be able to purchase pvp salvage kit to salvage items from tourney chests. Will there be other ways to salvage chests after patch?

in PvP

Posted by: AlbertoUlkesh.4517

AlbertoUlkesh.4517

From my understanding the vendor who also sells Tomes of Knowledge will still be there.

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.5027

Pyriall.5027

There wasn’t much thought given to the change.

in PvP

Posted by: Dosvidaniya.3260

Dosvidaniya.3260

Since there won’t be glory anymore after the March 18th patch, I won’t be able to purchase pvp salvage kit to salvage items from tourney chests. Will there be other ways to salvage chests after patch?

I’d recommend opening them now. You won’t get different rewards if you wait. You may still be able to get salvage kits. (They’ve said that the new rewards merchant will stick around). However, you won’t be able to get consumable tokens, item tokens, or arcane converters. So, you won’t be able to do much with the mats anyways. Honestly, open the things now. Waiting is just going to make this terrible process far worse.

in PvP

AlbertoUlkesh.4517

I’d recommend opening them now. You won’t get different rewards if you wait.

Actually the Glory boosters will not be in the loot tables anymore, so their spot should be filled by something else then.

in PvP

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

I’d recommend opening them now. You won’t get different rewards if you wait.

Actually the Glory boosters will not be in the loot tables anymore, so their spot should be filled by something else then.

Unless you have evidence to support your claim, I will say don’t don’t say anything.

I see Anet making us destroy our boosters, I don’t see Arenanet adding more stuff to a defunct loot.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in PvP

AlbertoUlkesh.4517

I don’t mean they will be adding things. Just that the random spot of a Glory booster will be filled by something else – but nothing that’s not in there already.

But no, I don’t have proof either way.

in PvP

Dosvidaniya.3260

I don’t mean they will be adding things. Just that the random spot of a Glory booster will be filled by something else – but nothing that’s not in there already.

But no, I don’t have proof either way.

I highly doubt that they’ll do it.

Since they are refusing to compensate for glory boosters, I don’t know why you’d think they’d replace the loot slot for the unopened chests. Doing so is compensating the boosters only for players who haven’t opened the chest.

In addition, they probably would have removed them already if this were the case. They removed them from the daily. The odds of them removing from win chests or rank chests after the aforementioned chests become unacquirable is next to 0%. Now, I agree with the premise on Black Lion Chests and AP chests. However, everything stated and done by ANet would indicate that the pvp chest loot will stay the same.

in PvP

Posted by: Allie Murdock

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Next

Hey guys, we actually have an update that is very relevant to this and should hopefully answer some questions. I’ll be adding this to the FAQ sticky.

• We’re adding small, medium, and large rank reward boxes based on rank achieved. This means that ranking up in PvP now gives different types of boxes than previously.
  • We’re adding PvP specific back pieces to the reward glory vendor (guild tabards)
    • We’re switching them from rank vendors to glory vendors, and are keeping rank vendors.
  • We’re moving rank points gained from the win chests from the win chests at the end of Solo and Team arenas. This means no more bounce chests. Rewards will go directly to the scoreboard now and will be rewarded at the end of the match.
  • We removed the PvP armor/weapon chests received when you rank up to replace with the rank boxes mentioned above.
  • Players will still have glory and some of their boosters but not be able to earn any more.
  • All rank glory vendors will be staying in the game until the feature build.

in PvP

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

PvP-specific backpieces… Me gusta. =]

But are you guys doing anything to stop people from just coming in and trying to farm/afk for pieces they like? Any retro rewards/rank-specific titles being added?

Racial/Class finishers!?

(Or, y’know.. being able to put time in the custom arenas via glory since… you can buy them with glory. x_x)

(edited by Chaos Archangel.5071)

in PvP

Posted by: RoyHarmon.5398

RoyHarmon.5398

This means no more bounce chests.

Aww… I liked the character models the way they were!

“It is the stupidest children who are the most childish
and the stupidest grown-ups who are the most grown-up.”
- C. S. Lewis

in PvP

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

Tabards are the first step towards capes

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in PvP

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

• We’re adding PvP specific back pieces to the reward glory vendor (guild tabards)

Yay!… now fix my eng’s hobosack issues please?

This means no more bounce chests.

Attachments:

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

in PvP

Posted by: hooma.9642

hooma.9642

..* We’re adding PvP specific back pieces to the reward glory vendor (guild tabards)

• We’re switching them from rank vendors to glory vendors, and are keeping rank vendors…

what does that mean?
we always had glory vendors that sells rank depended stuff. payed with glory.. now we must pay with rank? or glory? does that mean we cant earn anymore glory, but should not use them to get the backpieces?

in PvP

Posted by: cerberus.1937

cerberus.1937

Hey guys, we actually have an update that is very relevant to this and should hopefully answer some questions. I’ll be adding this to the FAQ sticky.

• Players will still have glory and some of their boosters but not be able to earn any more.

I would like to know what this means.

What do you mean by “some of their boosters”?

Also by ’not be able to earn any more" I assume you mean boosters …..I mean what is the point of a glory booster that cant earn glory; unless you are letting them turn into glory consumables worth only a fraction of glory that you would get if you had used then which I would be fine with.

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

• We’re moving rank points gained from the win chests from the win chests at the end of Solo and Team arenas. This means no more bounce chests. Rewards will go directly to the scoreboard now and will be rewarded at the end of the match.*

Could this fix the region transfer reward bug? Has the day finally arrived???!!

Phaatonn, London UK

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

and what will be in this RANK chests? still endless skins?

in PvP

Posted by: yiishing.9057

yiishing.9057

glory booster, naturally

Good Old Days [GD] - Disturbed Squad [DISS]
http://de.twitch.tv/yiillusion

in PvP

Posted by: Jowiso.8602

Jowiso.8602

• We’re adding small, medium, and large rank reward boxes based on rank achieved. This means that ranking up in PvP now gives different types of boxes than previously.

So I take this to function similar to how Achievement Point chests work. Is that correct? As in, maybe we get small chests at level X2 (12, 22, 32, etc), Medium at X5 (15, 25, etc.) and Large at X0 (10, 20, 30, 40, etc.) Is that right?

If so, I think that’s okay. That’s not a bad way to manage it, especially considering I’m sure it will work retroactively like the Achievement chests did.

Or am I totally misunderstanding….?

in PvP

Posted by: kenny.3627

kenny.3627

• We’re moving rank points gained from the win chests from the win chests at the end of Solo and Team arenas. This means no more bounce chests. Rewards will go directly to the scoreboard now and will be rewarded at the end of the match.*

Could this fix the region transfer reward bug? Has the day finally arrived???!!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Lvl I-R80
eSports-2015
Main-Bunker Guard

in PvP

Posted by: Vuh.1328

Vuh.1328

the guild tabards.. they are not going to be the fugly savage/elegant guild back banners are they?

nvm they apparently are.. of course

Take your time to learn proper keybinding, it’s worth the struggle

(edited by Vuh.1328)

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

I’m really curious to see how these Guild Tabards will work…but I can’t see them being implemented as actual tabards without causing horrible clipping issues. .

in PvP

Posted by: Vuh.1328

Vuh.1328

I’m really curious to see how these Guild Tabards will work…but I can’t see them being implemented as actual tabards without causing horrible clipping issues. .

they are already ingame and has been for a long time and ugly as hell

Take your time to learn proper keybinding, it’s worth the struggle

in PvP

Posted by: manveruppd.7601

manveruppd.7601

Woah, that’s a lot of detail Allie, thanks!

This is pretty cool, I know a lot of people who would love that (myself included) Unfortunately a lot of those people have already spent all of their glory in anticipation of it being “removed” (you didn’t really specify that the glory vendors would be staying – people just assumed glory would be completely removed from the game!), so I really hope there’ll be an alternative way to get these for their sake!

• This means no more bounce chests.

kitten it, I was really hoping this game would become the new Age of Conan! :p

the guild tabards.. they are not going to be the fugly savage/elegant guild back banners are they?

nvm they apparently are.. of course

You sure? They’re called “back banners”. Tabards are a different thing.

Oh, and obligatory GIB CLAOKS KTHKSBYE

A bad necromancer always blames the corpse.

(edited by manveruppd.7601)

in PvP

Posted by: Burjis.3087

Burjis.3087

• We’re switching them from rank vendors to glory vendors, and are keeping rank vendors.

Hold on a second! Adding them to “glory vendors”? Does it mean they will cost glory? So should we start saving glory for when they are made available?

Everlasting Sacred Path [ESP] (www.espguild.com)

in PvP

Posted by: Jowiso.8602

Jowiso.8602

Hold on a second! Adding them to “glory vendors”? Does it mean they will cost glory? So should we start saving glory for when they are made available?

Agreed. This is very unclear and the logic seems contradictory:

We’re adding new stuff that you can buy with Glory, but we’re simultaneously removing any ways to get Glory.

wat?

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

they are already ingame and has been for a long time and ugly as hell

I think you’re thinking of the Guild Back Banners. Those aren’t tabards.

in PvP

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

What will happen to people with win boxes that don’t have enough salvage kits?

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

in PvP

Posted by: teogeos.1364

teogeos.1364

Could we also get some little new reward for winning tournaments? like different and less rewarding reward boxes?

It would feel very unfair to receive no reward from winning tournaments for weeks, and getting Bags of Alliance Goods isn’t really exiting ^^

in PvP

Posted by: kenny.3627

kenny.3627

CAPES?

Lvl I-R80
eSports-2015
Main-Bunker Guard

in PvP

Posted by: Tyler Chapman.1832

Previous

Tyler Chapman.1832

PvP and Balance QA Embed

Next

Here’s a bit more information to clear the air on this stuff coming in for this next patch:

What will be in the rank chests?
We are exchanging out the old rank up reward chests with three new rewards chests based on the level you are.

Here are the thresholds:

• Ranks 1-9: Players will earn 1 Small Reward Box each time they level in this tier
  • Ranks 10-29: Players will earn 1 Medium Reward Box each time they level in this tier
  • Ranks 30-80: Players will earn 1 Large Reward Box each time they level up in this tier

Loot table for rank up reward boxes:

• Small reward boxes will contain random crafting materials and stardard loot
  • Medium reward boxes will contain 1 scroll of knowledge(skill point) and rewards similar to the small chest but in the next tier loot table above it.
  • Large reward boxes will contain a tome of knowledge(1 PvE level/skillpoint), 5 champion bags, and 5 scrolls of knowledge (5 skillpoints) each. Tier 5 crafting mats included.

What are these guild tabards?
Sorry for the confusion but these are just the same items that were on the rank vendors. Tabards, banners, back pieces, regardless the name, they are NOT capes. The “back banners” will still be there until the feature build but the reason we put them on the glory vendor was because we planned to previously remove the rank vendors entirely for this build, meaning they would no longer be available. Having these vendors should give you all some more time to get anything you don’t have yet and help with inventory management. Both the rank vendors and glory vendor will be removed upon the feature build so make sure you do this. I suggest to open all your chests, don’t just leave them unopened as they will be deleted. Either way, don’t be too alarmed because tons of new rewards are coming. Even PvP specific ones!

What about salvage kits?
The salvage kits on the glory vendor have been changed to cost a small amount of copper instead of being sold for 100 glory. The salvage kits on the rank vendors will remain 100 glory until the vendors are removed themselves.

Hope that clears some questions up!

-Tyler

in-game alias: Powerr
Skills and Balance/PvP Team Principal QA
Former active member of Team PZ

(edited by Tyler Chapman.1832)

in PvP

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Okay, new question!

Will large reward boxes still offer crafting materials? If not, it seems like some players would prefer the medium over the large, depending on their preferences.

EDIT: Wait, I believe champion’s bags already have high level crafting materials in, right? If so, a different question: will players be able to get lower tier materials at higher ranks?

(edited by DiogoSilva.7089)

in PvP

Previous

Tyler Chapman.1832

PvP and Balance QA Embed

Next

Okay, new question!

Will large reward boxes still offer crafting materials? If not, it seems like some players would prefer the medium over the large, depending on their preferences.

EDIT: Wait, I believe champion’s bags already have high level crafting materials in, right? If so, a different question: will players be able to get lower tier materials at higher ranks?

Tier 5 crafting mats are included in champion bags. Additionally ascended dust tier 5 is included. That being said, no, lower tier materials won’t be granted in large chests… But…sit tight for the feature build if you are worried regarding that.

in PvP

DiogoSilva.7089

Okay, new question!

Tier 5 crafting mats are included in champion bags. Additionally ascended dust tier 5 is included. That being said, no, lower tier materials won’t be granted in large chests… But…sit tight for the feature build if you are worried regarding that.

Thanks for the reply! Just got another one. What about the pvp chests gained from achievement points? Will they be deleted too?

in PvP

Posted by: moolie.5927

moolie.5927

I suggest to open all your chests, don’t just leave them unopened as they will be deleted.

Deleted on the March 18th patch or in the feature patch after?

Just another careless bird.

in PvP

DiogoSilva.7089

I suggest to open all your chests, don’t just leave them unopened as they will be deleted.

I assume March 18th. Better open them now.

in PvP

Dosvidaniya.3260

The feature patch.

Basically, he said that the vendors will be sticking around so we can still buy stuff. However, it will all be removed (including old chests) when the feature patch hits.

in PvP

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

Why would one call a banner a tabard? Why you do this to me Allie. Those Guild Banners are terrible.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in PvP

Posted by: moolie.5927

moolie.5927

Eh, gonna hold onto them to open after the 18th then. Don’t feel like spending glory on salvage kits when I can make dyes.

Just another careless bird.

in PvP

Previous

Tyler Chapman.1832

PvP and Balance QA Embed

Next

Feature build is when that stuff will happen. This patch is primarily just to stop allowing glory to be earned… along with the other vital implementations/changes we are making to how rewards are earned and which rewards those will be.

in PvP

Posted by: Allie Murdock

Previous

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Next

Thanks for clearing that up, Tyler!

in PvP

DiogoSilva.7089

Feature build is when that stuff will happen. This patch is primarily just to stop allowing glory to be earned… along with the other vital implementations/changes we are making to how rewards are earned and which rewards those will be.

Will there be any difference if we start opening our chests now, or should we hold for the maintenance patch next week before doing that?

in PvP

Posted by: Glusch.4806

Glusch.4806

I just want to make sure that I’ve understood this correctly, but between March the 18th and the feature build, you are (mostly) removing all rewards for playing sPvP, or is there something I haven’t understood?

in PvP

Previous

Tyler Chapman.1832

PvP and Balance QA Embed

Next

Will there be any difference if we start opening our chests now, or should we hold for the maintenance patch next week before doing that?

There’s no real difference if you just wait. Just be aware you won’t be able to earn more glory if you are short on anything.

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

Oh nice so i have to make 150k rank points 2 times (And then 450k..) in order to have a chest that a r30 is going to get every 15k….god you’re awesome…since when, if i can ask, r30+ is considered as “high rank”? 50+ maybe..but 30+…are you kidding me?

(edited by Archaon.6245)

in PvP

Posted by: hooma.9642

hooma.9642

Oh nice so i have to make 150k rank points 2 times (And then 450k..) in order to have a chest that a r30 would get every 15k….god you’re awesome…since when, if i can ask, r30+ is considered as “high rank”? 50+ maybe..but 30+…are you kidding me?

does nobody think about the casuals?

in PvP

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Big thank you to Tyler for the information!

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in PvP

Posted by: ItIsFinished.9462

ItIsFinished.9462

Here’s a bit more information to clear the air on this stuff coming in for this next patch:

We are exchanging out the old rank up reward chests with three new rewards chests based on the level you are.

Here are the thresholds:

• Ranks 1-9: Players will earn 1 Small Reward Box each time they level in this tier
  • Ranks 10-29: Players will earn 1 Medium Reward Box each time they level in this tier
  • Ranks 30-80: Players will earn 1 Large Reward Box each time they level up in this tier

Loot table for rank up reward boxes:

• Small reward boxes will contain random crafting materials and stardard loot
  • Medium reward boxes will contain 1 scroll of knowledge(skill point) and rewards similar to the small chest but in the next tier loot table above it.
  • Large reward boxes will contain a tome of knowledge(1 PvE level/skillpoint), 5 champion bags, and 5 scrolls of knowledge (5 skillpoints) each. Tier 5 crafting mats included.

What are these guild tabards?
Sorry for the confusion but these are just the same items that were on the rank vendors. Tabards, banners, back pieces, regardless the name, they are NOT capes. The “back banners” will still be there until the feature build but the reason we put them on the glory vendor was because we planned to previously remove the rank vendors entirely for this build, meaning they would no longer be available. Having these vendors should give you all some more time to get anything you don’t have yet and help with inventory management. Both the rank vendors and glory vendor will be removed upon the feature build so make sure you do this. I suggest to open all your chests, don’t just leave them unopened as they will be deleted. Either way, don’t be too alarmed because tons of new rewards are coming. Even PvP specific ones!

What about salvage kits?
The salvage kits on the glory vendor have been changed to cost a small amount of copper instead of being sold for 100 glory. The salvage kits on the rank vendors will remain 100 glory until the vendors are removed themselves.

Hope that clears some questions up!

-Tyler

Forgive me if this has been answered, but lets say I have 30 or so Wolf Rank chests, about 10 Tiger rank chests and around 170 Tournament win chests. I’m saving them for when the Glory boosters are removed to open them. Is that safe to do or should open them now?

Thanks for the information by the way!

Arrow Slanger »—> »—> »—>
The Never Ending Repertoire of Ranger Builds
Salt of the Earth {SALT} Crystal Desert© ~~Dragon Rank~~

in PvP

Posted by: isolatedchimp.2510

isolatedchimp.2510

Oh nice so i have to make 150k rank points 2 times (And then 450k..) in order to have a chest that a r30 is going to get every 15k….god you’re awesome…since when, if i can ask, r30+ is considered as “high rank”? 50+ maybe..but 30+…are you kidding me?

Yeah this seems like the opposite of what a reward system should be. Why are we getting rewarded less the higher rank we are? Shouldn’t the reward be based on what rank you are AND a flat amount of rank points you acquire?

I really can’t understand it.

in PvP

Posted by: Amstel Steel.2058

Amstel Steel.2058

Here are the thresholds:

Retroactive?