Opening Chests after March 18th

in PvP

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

Oh nice so i have to make 150k rank points 2 times (And then 450k..) in order to have a chest that a r30 is going to get every 15k….god you’re awesome…since when, if i can ask, r30+ is considered as “high rank”? 50+ maybe..but 30+…are you kidding me?

Yeah this seems like the opposite of what a reward system should be. Why are we getting rewarded less the higher rank we are? Shouldn’t the reward be based on what rank you are AND a flat amount of rank points you acquire?

I really can’t understand it.

Assuming similar dedication levels between PvP and PvE, and givent that you only need around 4000 achievement points to be in the 90th percentile or top 10%… I’m guessing players with a rank of 30+ are probably in the 90% percentile, so basically 10% or less of the playerbase even has rank 30 or higher.

There’s a lot of assumptions there, but I’m guessing logic along those lines are why they made that decision.

Added
And who knows? Maybe they’ll retroactively grant all players rank chests up to their current rank.

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

in PvP

Posted by: YourFriendMarvin.4127

YourFriendMarvin.4127

450k to level up just to get one rank…for each large chest. Why t5 mats? Should just be t6, we can profit off that for gold. RIP 10 stacks of tourney chests.

#MostTeamQueueWins before December 2nd, 2014 Patch
[NA]Rank 71 before April 15th, 2014 Feature Patch OG Moltres, 10k Champion Brawler, Team PZ
http://www.twitch.tv/yourfriendmarvin

in PvP

Posted by: Tyler Chapman.1832

Previous

Tyler Chapman.1832

PvP and Balance QA Embed

Next

These rewards are just a stepping stone for what is to come in the feature build. Try not to overanalyze these current rewards and sit tight. Unfortunately we cannot grant retroactive rewards with this type of change but just wait to see how we deal with this come the feature build! I can’t say anything further regarding that because it’s just way too big of a spoiler, but information is coming soon.

in-game alias: Powerr
Skills and Balance/PvP Team Principal QA
Former active member of Team PZ

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.5027

Pyriall.5027

These rewards are just a stepping stone for what is to come in the feature build. Try not to overanalyze these current rewards and sit tight. Unfortunately we cannot grant retroactive rewards with this type of change but just wait to see how we deal with this come the feature build! I can’t say anything further regarding that because it’s just way too big of a spoiler, but information is coming soon.

Remember when you used to hate hearing that? Yeah, I do.

in PvP

Posted by: Amstel Steel.2058

Amstel Steel.2058

Loot table for rank up reward boxes:

• Small reward boxes will contain random crafting materials and stardard loot
  • Medium reward boxes will contain 1 scroll of knowledge(skill point) and rewards similar to the small chest but in the next tier loot table above it.
  • Large reward boxes will contain a tome of knowledge(1 PvE level/skillpoint), 5 champion bags, and 5 scrolls of knowledge (5 skillpoints) each. Tier 5 crafting mats included.

Can the skill points at least be retroactive please? My lvl 2 pvp characters will need them for the unlocks. Or am I to assume skill points will be retroactive come the feature build rewards?

Edit: I guess a lot could change where skill points may not even be the currency for pvp unlocks. I dunno, I just hope unlocks are much better than the 300,000 glory and 40 gold that was needed for the 8 healing skill unlocks. I read it will be just enough to “get your feet wet” so time will tell.

(edited by Amstel Steel.2058)

in PvP

Previous

Tyler Chapman.1832

PvP and Balance QA Embed

Next

• Medium reward boxes will contain 1 scroll of knowledge(skill point) and rewards similar to the small chest but in the next tier loot table above it.
  • Large reward boxes will contain a tome of knowledge(1 PvE level/skillpoint), 5 champion bags, and 5 scrolls of knowledge (5 skillpoints) each. Tier 5 crafting mats included.

Can the skill points at least be retroactive please? My lvl 2 pvp characters will need them for the unlocks. Or am I to assume skill points will be retroactive come the feature build rewards?

Edit: I guess a lot could change where skill points may not even be the currency for pvp unlocks. I dunno, I just hope unlocks are much better than the 300,000 glory and 40 gold that was needed for the 8 healing skill unlocks. I read it will be just enough to “get your feet wet” so time will tell.

Yeah the scrolls and tomes are account bound

in PvP

Amstel Steel.2058

Yeah the scrolls and tomes are account bound

Aww ya I forgot about that so I wouldn’t have gotten 1 skill point per class per rank. Well as long as unlocks aren’t hard to unlock in pvp by pvping than I’m sure it will be fine.

in PvP

Posted by: Insanity.5174

Insanity.5174

glory booster, naturally

oh god,i’m crying.

in PvP

Posted by: alia.8349

alia.8349

Will there be an alternate way to obtain crafting materials that you are short on once glory is removed? I’m thinking specifically about consumable tokens, which everyone had to buy with glory.

in PvP

Posted by: Dosvidaniya.3260

Dosvidaniya.3260

Will there be an alternate way to obtain crafting materials that you are short on once glory is removed? I’m thinking specifically about consumable tokens, which everyone had to buy with glory.

No. Tyler alluded to this in the thread earlier. It does appear that the rank vendors will still be there. So, you’ll still be able to buy them with glory. But once you are out, you are out.

Will there be any difference if we start opening our chests now, or should we hold for the maintenance patch next week before doing that?

There’s no real difference if you just wait. Just be aware you won’t be able to earn more glory if you are short on anything.

in PvP

Posted by: ramazor.3250

ramazor.3250

As of now I lost around 95k Rank points due to a bug caused by the switch between NA server and EU server, what is anet going to do about this, considering that all I do is pvp?
Will the 18th of March patch fix this problem?

in PvP

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

Here are the thresholds:

• Ranks 1-9: Players will earn 1 Small Reward Box each time they level in this tier
  • Ranks 10-29: Players will earn 1 Medium Reward Box each time they level in this tier
  • Ranks 30-80: Players will earn 1 Large Reward Box each time they level up in this tier

-Tyler

Looks like people who are rank 30 should just chill and wait for the patch to hit, then reap the rewards of 30-40 being easy, etc. Unless measures are being taken to make it more fair for the higher ranked people so they can also get these large rewards boxes as often as the lower ranked players.

I doubt any of the long term pvp’ers are being rewarded (retroactive) since the future reward system moves onto gold (which pve’rs have alot of) and magic find (which pve’rs etc.) followed by the fact that once I finish my 150k bar and get the same reward as someone just finishing their 15k bar I can’t even…

in PvP

Posted by: FearedbytheGods.8617

FearedbytheGods.8617

Unfortunately we cannot grant retroactive rewards

I’m so surprised by this.

No I’m not.

in PvP

Posted by: dTheos.1298

dTheos.1298

So people won’t be able to level up more than one character to 80 by just PvPing after the new patch? I’m not saying is “practical” (hope is the right word) or that it is intented to be that way, I’m just saying if it’s going to be possible.
What happens after you reach rank 80? you stop ranking at all? or just like pve you’ll be able to rank up and continue to earn rewards boxes?

in PvP

Posted by: Lux.7169

Lux.7169

So the new reward system for the next few months (maybe longer) is filled with pve junk no one who pvp’s will care about.

The old reward system is even better than this.

Why do we have to wait and endure this crappy reward system? Why can’t they just leave the current system alone until the new one is READY?

There’s currently no date for this ‘feature patch’ right? Or did I miss that?

They’re unwilling to even give us a general ETA but they’re going to remove any form of reward progression currently in place with an even worse system.

Why are devs wasting time on this ‘stepping stone’ reward system when they could put that much effort into releasing the new one that was promised well over a year ago?

What do you mean by stepping stone? Is this current system coming in a week supposedly going to benefit us when the new one is out? I have NEVER seen any pvp’er ask for lvl up tomes as a reward. Will being lvl 80 help us get better rewards in the future? Will we need lots of skillpoints in the future? Is that really what the future holds for pvp? Unlocking skills to use? I am genuinely curious because if this is a stepping stone, I want to know where it’s going to lead because this looks like a ridiculous waste of resources for an unnecessary change to mask the lack of effort put elsewhere.

I would love to be wrong about this, so please, show me the error of my assumptions.

[SoF]

(edited by Lux.7169)

in PvP

Posted by: Proven.2854

Proven.2854

Hey, I’m a PvP player. I also play the other parts of the game. I’m sorry they’re trying to get you to participate in other parts of the game too. I’m one of those people that want level up tomes for the classes I’ve gotten used to playing at full capacity, but can only play a crippled version outside of the Heart of the Mists. And if you really don’t want the materials then just sell them on the trading post.

But the stuff that’s coming for PvP players that refuse to leave the Mists is coming too. But that stuff can’t arrive without the new reward system. How can they give you a new PvP specific reward if they don’t exist in game yet to be given? Don’t you want them to take their time so we don’t get stupid bugs like the EU<→NA transfer bug that makes you lose out on tournament reward chests?

If the issue is that you’re scared or angry about being in the dark, well I’m sorry. But ranting about it here isn’t changing anything.

Call me Smith.

in PvP

Dosvidaniya.3260

Hey, I’m a PvP player. I also play the other parts of the game. I’m sorry they’re trying to get you to participate in other parts of the game too. I’m one of those people that want level up tomes for the classes I’ve gotten used to playing at full capacity, but can only play a crippled version outside of the Heart of the Mists. And if you really don’t want the materials then just sell them on the trading post.

But the stuff that’s coming for PvP players that refuse to leave the Mists is coming too. But that stuff can’t arrive without the new reward system. How can they give you a new PvP specific reward if they don’t exist in game yet to be given? Don’t you want them to take their time so we don’t get stupid bugs like the EU<->NA transfer bug that makes you lose out on tournament reward chests?

If the issue is that you’re scared or angry about being in the dark, well I’m sorry. But ranting about it here isn’t changing anything.

You’re missing the point. Yes, the stuff for PvP players is “coming.” The issue is that PvP players are left without stuff until it does come. No, bug testing is not an excuse to leave PvP in that state. If it isn’t ready then wait to deploy it and wait to remove the old one.

In everything, the general rule is to have minimal system downtime. We currently will receive PvE rewards worth about 30 minutes in LA right now for a rank up! In addition, we won’t receive jack from the actual matches. Leaving pvp in this state is an atrocious software decision. Maybe they won’t make us go months. However, most of us are no longer optimists; especially when they still haven’t told us anything in regards to time or functionality.

TLDR: Leave the old or put in the new. Don’t replace the old with a worse version while the new one gets its bugs removed.

in PvP

Posted by: Lux.7169

Lux.7169

I wouldn’t call myself a pve player AT ALL but I have 4 lvl 80’s and I am at lvl 40 fractals. That being said you sound like I’m not allowed to have an opinion about this upcoming patch, at least not one that differs from yours.

I would much rather have our current, terrible, system where we can at least make dyes and collect armor sets rather than get lvl up tomes.

I can post a screenshot of my lvl 80’s, the 300 lvl up tomes I already have, and the x8 lvl 20 tomes I already have.

Where am I asking for the new system? Please quote me. I am saying that this ‘stepping stone’ is not only a waste of time and resources that could have been put to use elsewhere, but that the CURRENT system is FAR SUPERIOR to this one we’re going to be stuck with for an INDEFINITE length of time.

edit**** thanks for clarifying what I mean to say, Dosvidaniya

[SoF]

in PvP

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

depending on how much it takes to rank up after you level 30+, the reward chest seems a bit too low.

Only 1 tomb of knowledge for PvE levelling per chest for each PvP rank is way too low as a reward considering with glory you can get almost 10 tomb of knowledge per rank as of right now.

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

(edited by Zylonite.5913)

in PvP

Posted by: InfernoHero.5687

InfernoHero.5687

Will there still be a way to BUY tomes of knowledge? I’ll be a little miffed if that’s not the case.

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

Funny thing is that with more than 2 millions rank points i’m going to get way less “rewards” than a kittening r30 pve hero went out from dungeons 1 month ago…and yeah pve related rewards ofc…because if you only pvp since start (And you don’t give a single kitten to pve\zergs vs doors), you’re r67, you have many thousands tournaments with around 10k overall pvp matches on your back and all you got since now is an emote (That many sh farmers got in 3 months anyway)….well, getting a r30+ chest (Because that’s what it is) after 150k with random pve crap inside feels so rewarding, just leave rewards as they are at this point…no reason to waste time to go from worthless rewards to other worthless rewards, just do things the decent way or give up already

(edited by Archaon.6245)

in PvP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

I can’t wait to grind 1 month per rank and get ONE tome of knowledge.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in PvP

Posted by: Proven.2854

Proven.2854

I wouldn’t call myself a pve player AT ALL but I have 4 lvl 80’s and I am at lvl 40 fractals. That being said you sound like I’m not allowed to have an opinion about this upcoming patch, at least not one that differs from yours.

I would much rather have our current, terrible, system where we can at least make dyes and collect armor sets rather than get lvl up tomes.

I can post a screenshot of my lvl 80’s, the 300 lvl up tomes I already have, and the x8 lvl 20 tomes I already have.

Where am I asking for the new system? Please quote me. I am saying that this ‘stepping stone’ is not only a waste of time and resources that could have been put to use elsewhere, but that the CURRENT system is FAR SUPERIOR to this one we’re going to be stuck with for an INDEFINITE length of time.

edit**** thanks for clarifying what I mean to say, Dosvidaniya

My issue with your previous post is that it didn’t come off as an opinion. It came off as ranting/whining without any understanding.

You’re missing the point. Yes, the stuff for PvP players is “coming.” The issue is that PvP players are left without stuff until it does come. No, bug testing is not an excuse to leave PvP in that state. If it isn’t ready then wait to deploy it and wait to remove the old one.

In everything, the general rule is to have minimal system downtime. We currently will receive PvE rewards worth about 30 minutes in LA right now for a rank up! In addition, we won’t receive jack from the actual matches. Leaving pvp in this state is an atrocious software decision. Maybe they won’t make us go months. However, most of us are no longer optimists; especially when they still haven’t told us anything in regards to time or functionality.

TLDR: Leave the old or put in the new. Don’t replace the old with a worse version while the new one gets its bugs removed.

Yes, the aim is for minimal down time. What can you do when down time can’t be avoided? Yes, it makes sense to be a skeptic in this instance. It doesn’t make sense to go on a tirade about it. It doesn’t make sense to keep repeating questions that they aren’t giving answers to.

Call me Smith.

in PvP

Posted by: Whit.2385

Whit.2385

Thank you for the information – stuff like this goes a long way with forum goers at least. (not being sarcastic)

Question though, and hopefully you might be able to answer this: Why does the removal of the glory etc… and the implementation of the new pvp rewards have to be separate? Is this a technical difficulty? Merely one of convenience? A question that cannot be answered due to revealing too much? I am curious why there is a gap?

Also – will ranks be adjusted to a flat increment? Because, otherwise, as mentioned previously, it seems that the higher you are ranked, the more time consuming it will be to attain a reward – so higher ranked players are awarded for the their time less than lower ranked players. Unusual system to say the least, especially given that the pve-side of things (achievement points, basic leveling) all is far more forgiving and even (no drastic curves like in other mmos).

in PvP

Posted by: Calvinthesneak.5839

Calvinthesneak.5839

What are the rewards for a match win changing to?

I see the rank up, but nothing shedding light on what changes to match win are occurring, if any.

Corin Fellswick [TEST] Guardian on IoJ

in PvP

Posted by: Elfindale.4836

Elfindale.4836

well, since its really hard to level up in pvp, I hope the reward chest worth the effort, you should divide up the reward into more range then just plain reward for everyone after 30.
Say I level from 60 to 61 and getting like 1-5 random Tier 5 PVE carafting material will be a real bummer like a 30 to 31

in PvP

Previous

Tyler Chapman.1832

PvP and Balance QA Embed

Thank you for the information – stuff like this goes a long way with forum goers at least. (not being sarcastic)

Question though, and hopefully you might be able to answer this: Why does the removal of the glory etc… and the implementation of the new pvp rewards have to be separate? Is this a technical difficulty? Merely one of convenience? A question that cannot be answered due to revealing too much? I am curious why there is a gap?

Also – will ranks be adjusted to a flat increment? Because, otherwise, as mentioned previously, it seems that the higher you are ranked, the more time consuming it will be to attain a reward – so higher ranked players are awarded for the their time less than lower ranked players. Unusual system to say the least, especially given that the pve-side of things (achievement points, basic leveling) all is far more forgiving and even (no drastic curves like in other mmos).

I’d love to answer that first question but I’d rather leave it up to either John C or Colin if they wish to dare:P

As for the second! Can’t say too much about this, sorry ;( but remember this patch is just rewards phase 2 and the final phase is just around the corner! (It’s not too long after this patch) Disregard any rumors about the feature build being months away. We’ve worked so kitten this build, we are here struggling to be patient just as you all are :/

p.s. further more consistent leveling in pvp will come feature build;p

in PvP

Posted by: isolatedchimp.2510

isolatedchimp.2510

I’m really annoyed by the fact that this “stepping stone” transition means that besides those rank up chests (which higher rank players will hardly ever get) we’ll have no rewards at all. How long will we be afflicted with this? And since ANET seems to hate giving retroactive rewards to PVP, why should we play during this awkward transition when it’s likely that we won’t get retroactively rewarded for anything that you do finally put in place?

Should I go take another year long break?

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

Hey Tyler

sounds everything nice for me but i have 1 question
for what we need than luck? (magic find)

cause all i see we will get boxes and chests and bags and so on – magicfind dont work on chests and bags so why we need luck? Or should we not care about?

in PvP

Posted by: Tranassa.4968

Tranassa.4968

I got also a few questions:

You mentioned that the rank reward vendors will stay until the feature build. Does this mean, that i can still buy the gold reward chests from the vendors?
Let’s say i im close to rank 80 and become rank 80 after the 18th. Can i now, when im 80 after the 18th, buy the gold chests for the rank 80 rewards? If not, is there any other way to get the rank 80 skins AFTER the 18th but BEFORE the fearture patch?

You also mentioned, that there are more rewards for high rank players.
Does high rank refers to the pvp rank or to the rank on the leaderboards?
=> Are skyhammerfarmer once more more rewarded?

I’m playing on EU
Automated Tournaments!

(edited by Tranassa.4968)

in PvP

Posted by: Blackwyn.8127

Blackwyn.8127

I really hope this super feature patch will be all that and some more.
Cause it’s getting slightly annoying that none of the loyal spvp players are getting any love at all so far.

First we’re having the rank points increase in 18th and later. So everyone that has played before that, pretty much gets screwed. Now what it took for some players 1 year, will be reachable by newer players in like 1-2 months. Lowering the rank points required would’ve been a much better idea since you don’t want to reward us retroactively.

And now we’re getting better rank chest rewards. Which again, will only benefit the newer players since they will be able to rank up faster and again screw the loyal pvp players that are high pvp rank after a long time of work.

I understand that your first priority is to get those that are not interested / not playing spvp to feel motivated to play spvp. But some love for the loyal spvp players would’ve been great.

in PvP

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

I have a question about what do you plan to do with pvp materials/crafting materials?

If they are going to all be deleted, I want to spend my remaining glory using them to craft up dungeon armors and dyes. If they are going to be of some use somehow in the future, I want to see if I cant get enough glory together to buy a cultural armor.

Are pvp crafting materials (which the FAQ says are not being removed on the 18th) going to be removed in the feature patch?

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in PvP

Posted by: isolatedchimp.2510

isolatedchimp.2510

I’m really annoyed by the fact that this “stepping stone” transition means that besides those rank up chests (which higher rank players will hardly ever get) we’ll have no rewards at all. How long will we be afflicted with this? And since ANET seems to hate giving retroactive rewards to PVP, why should we play during this awkward transition when it’s likely that we won’t get retroactively rewarded for anything that you do finally put in place?

Should I go take another year long break?

I’m not just saying to wait for the feature build for no reason. The high rank players are getting way more rewarded than anyone. Patience forum trolly trolls. You aren’t required to PvP, if it’s actually damaging to you and not a fun experience, find something else to hold you over, while you and the rest of us wait for the patches to roll out ! The living world is a great place to start right now especially since you can make so many to tomes of knowledge right now via belongings.

So criticizing what I think is a bad transition and questioning why it’s implemented this way is trolling? Yeah this is why so many view ANET as being unable to handle criticism.

And you just don’t get it. I don’t care about living world PVE stuff. I’m fine with it being in rank up chests. My annoyance is with the transition period taking away glory without a suitable reward system replacement for who knows how long and only giving us these rank up chests which higher rank players will hardly get. Couple this with the fact that you don’t retroactively reward PVP, it’s reasonable for me to question why you’d implement it this way. If you gave us an explanation that would be great, but ANET loves their secrecy.

You keep telling us to be patient. You mean waiting months and months for ANY balance patches isn’t patient?

in PvP

Amstel Steel.2058

The high rank players are getting way more rewarded than anyone.

This sounds like there will be retroactive rewards.

Patience forum trolly trolls.

Blanka is a patient troll.

The living world is a great place to start right now especially since you can make so many to tomes of knowledge right now via belongings.

Unlock unlocks for pvp by pvping, right?

in PvP

Posted by: Vincesco.8340

Vincesco.8340

-Tyler

i dont rly know what to do with this pve stuff, but i still like the fact that the reward system is beeing looked into.

Kleiner K

in PvP

Posted by: Vincesco.8340

Vincesco.8340

[…]Either way, don’t be too alarmed because tons of new rewards are coming. Even PvP specific ones!

-Tyler

EVEN PvP specific ones…… EVEN..EVEN

thats actually a big suprise here! PVP will get rewards!!! not EVEN kidding..sadly

Kleiner K

in PvP

Archaon.6245

I’m not just saying to wait for the feature build for no reason. The high rank players are getting way more rewarded than anyone.

I’ll remember this…i swear..just screened and waiting for those titanic rewards for old high rank players…

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

I’m not just saying to wait for the feature build for no reason. The high rank players are getting way more rewarded than anyone.

I’ll remember this…i swear..just screened and waiting for those titanic rewards for old high rank players…

which will come in another form of useless pve-crap, I guarantee it.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

Posted by: JTan.1687

JTan.1687

Can you guys add Consumable token to be sold as copper? coz i got tons of pvp mats and i don’t have enough glory because i use them to buy pvp salvage kits.

Super Mang Jose,Naomi j,Chzerie,Despicable Me
Champion Genius, Legionnaire, Paragon, Hunter, Illusionist,Phantom,Magus.
Undercoverism[UC]

in PvP

Dosvidaniya.3260

Can you guys add Consumable token to be sold as copper? coz i got tons of pvp mats and i don’t have enough glory because i use them to buy pvp salvage kits.

I find it heavily ironic (and a bit sad) that the devs tell us that glory boosters can’t be compensated because others have used them. Meanwhile they make salvage kits purchasable with money. Hey, thanks for letting me know ahead of time instead of making me blow the glory to salvage! Wait… the opposite of that.

The same holds true for these tokens. They gave you the heads up three months ago. It wasn’t feasible for some players to use all their boosters. It’s far more feasible that players manage their glory. If they put in an exchange, it better favor players that actually followed their instructions.

in PvP

Posted by: Anonymous Player.3079

Anonymous Player.3079

Ok since i’ve already asked on my main language forum but without any reply …
Can someone tell me if the cultural armor will count (in a secret special can’t speak patch) for fashion achievement or never. A reply before the glory remove will be nice since i don’t want to waste 300g

in PvP

Posted by: SaMaeL.4275

SaMaeL.4275

So how are we gonna get rank specific rewards after the patch?
For example, I am r46 now and I’ll hit r50 after the patch, which means that i wont be able to buy the r50 armor sets/weapons from the r50 vendor gold bear chests?

So, how will we be able to acquire those weapons/armor sets, since there wont be any glory? Are they gonna be automatically unlocked once we hit the next rank tier?

Australian and Anti-Christ

in PvP

Archaon.6245

which will come in another form of useless pve-crap, I guarantee it.

and half a ton of cakes, candies and anabolic steroids for wvsw, can’t wait to pile up those rewards in storage with all the other “deposit and forget” stuff…i’m so excited .__.

I think i could totally wipe third world hunger with just the food in my bank…at least would be useful for something..

(edited by Archaon.6245)