Posted by: Manimarco Devil.1790

Manimarco Devil.1790

Those games though . PogChamp

Battlelord Taeres

Orng vs TCG

in PvP

Posted by: atreyu.9624

atreyu.9624

I don’t know about you. But I would be MAD as kitten for losing it all because lord was at 1%.

little big wizard – Eu

Orng vs TCG

in PvP

Posted by: Sampo.9678

Sampo.9678

Amazing games indeed. Enjoyed watching it!

“Be brave, little rabbit. Take a chance.”

Orng vs TCG

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

The kittening clutch engi AOE moa when defending lord!
Amazing game as always between these two teams.

Orng vs TCG

in PvP

Posted by: Vicariuz.1605

Vicariuz.1605

links to vods pls i beg you

Orng vs TCG

in PvP

Posted by: Belial.9350

Belial.9350

http://bfy.tw/jZn

Orng vs TCG

in PvP

Posted by: Nyx.7342

Nyx.7342

http://bfy.tw/jZn

ugh

Orng vs TCG

in PvP

Posted by: Vieteriukko.6075

Vieteriukko.6075

Great matches. Cherry on top was Helseth’s victory stream with 1k viewers ????

Orng vs TCG

in PvP

Posted by: theonewhoknocks.8641

theonewhoknocks.8641

Watching VOD’s it’s just a skill effects clusterfunk, can’t notice any clutch plays or whatnot, I mean the casters didn’t even notice the AoE Moa at Lord and I can’t say I did either… During most of the game I was just watching minimap to see how things progress, cause looking at the fights is pretty pointless.

If after like 2 years they haven’t managed to clean it up I guess its not doable. Rip…, it’s just not a spectators game and probably never will be.

Orng vs TCG

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

Watching VOD’s it’s just a skill effects clusterfunk, can’t notice any clutch plays or whatnot, I mean the casters didn’t even notice the AoE Moa at Lord and I can’t say I did either… During most of the game I was just watching minimap to see how things progress, cause looking at the fights is pretty pointless.

If after like 2 years they haven’t managed to clean it up I guess its not doable. Rip…, it’s just not a spectators game and probably never will be.

I think if they did a cast after the match to talk about key plays that happened and the combos they did. For instance on sports center or nfl or nba shows. They break down the match ups and show why certain plays happened like they did and why the outcome happened.

To me that would help a ton if the broadcasters after the match would explain the rotations and combos that certain 2 vs 2 and 3 vs 3 set ups work. Like in some 3 vs 3 situations and 2 are targeting 1 player and 1 player is targeting another and talking about the match ups with in the match ups. 1 of the best matches ive ever seen was broadcasted by BLUE and Helseth on youtube and it was after the fact. They actaully paused certain spots and talked about what each time was trying to do and which team accomplished there combo.

To me it would help people alot more since 95% of people are missing all the game changing plays. I myself find some parts of it hard to follow but thats more of the camera work. All in all i think this would be alot more helpful for everyone.

Orng vs TCG

in PvP

Posted by: Ristillath.6745

Ristillath.6745

I think if they did a cast after the match to talk about key plays that happened and the combos they did. For instance on sports center or nfl or nba shows. They break down the match ups and show why certain plays happened like they did and why the outcome happened.

To me that would help a ton if the broadcasters after the match would explain the rotations and combos that certain 2 vs 2 and 3 vs 3 set ups work. Like in some 3 vs 3 situations and 2 are targeting 1 player and 1 player is targeting another and talking about the match ups with in the match ups. 1 of the best matches ive ever seen was broadcasted by BLUE and Helseth on youtube and it was after the fact. They actaully paused certain spots and talked about what each time was trying to do and which team accomplished there combo.

The casters have no clue what’s going on in a game, they don’t know how rotations work, they don’t see nice plays even if they pause every single situation they still wouldn’t have a clue because they never ever played even close to the level of play that the current top teams are playing at.

Moreover they don’t give a kitten about it because their spot as a caster is pretty much save because nobody wants to do the job, so they don’t have to improve and learn the game they are casting about.

Not every caster on a successfull cast has to have a perfect clue about the game.

Peferct combination imo:
-One play by play caster (doesn’t have to go indepth about certain rotations)
-One caster that breaks down certain moves on the map and so on.

Orng vs TCG

in PvP

Manimarco Devil.1790

For good or bad, Gw2 is too fast paced to really say all of the plays and all the interactions occurring. The viewer must have understanding on how mechanics work beforehand in order to enjoy the game play. If you don’t know the skills being used it is really easy for the uneducated viewer to just see skills being spammed.

Battlelord Taeres

Orng vs TCG

in PvP

Posted by: Teckos.1305

Teckos.1305

really good games and work from both team.

Orng vs TCG

in PvP

Belial.9350

For good or bad, Gw2 is too fast paced to really say all of the plays and all the interactions occurring. The viewer must have understanding on how mechanics work beforehand in order to enjoy the game play. If you don’t know the skills being used it is really easy for the uneducated viewer to just see skills being spammed.

Same can be said for a lot of games though…

Orng vs TCG

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

comparing NA and EU finals is just sad. EU has better teams and better commentators. why even watch NA.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

Orng vs TCG

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Hey remember when NA had no chance against EU in the first WTS? How’d that go anyway?

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

Orng vs TCG

in PvP

Belial.9350

EU has better commentators.

Hilarious. 10/10.

Hey remember when NA had no chance against EU in the first WTS? How’d that go anyway?

Hey remember when Abjured were gonna win the most recent (and therefore most relevant) WTS? How’d that go anyway?

Orng vs TCG

in PvP

NeXeD.3042

Hilarious. 10/10.

Hey remember when Abjured were gonna win the most recent (and therefore most relevant) WTS? How’d that go anyway?

They lost.. lol. Last WTS isn’t relevant, neither is the 1st one. Was merely pointing out to the people who think EU is always better than NA that its not true.

Orng vs TCG

in PvP

Belial.9350

Hilarious. 10/10.

They lost.. lol. Last WTS isn’t relevant, neither is the 1st one. Was merely pointing out to the people who think EU is always better than NA that its not true.

So you gauge the better region by picking one team from each region? Pick any more than 1 (top 2/3/4/5) and I think you’ll find you get different results.

Orng vs TCG

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

Hilarious. 10/10.

well, considering Blu left the game NA doesn’t really have anyone that good casting. i just watched the finals for both EU and NA and half the time the NA guys had no idea what was going on, while Jebro and the other dude were constantly pointing out skills and plays. perhaps things were different in the past when Blu was around, but now it’s pretty easy to see that EU have better casters.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

Orng vs TCG

in PvP

Manimarco Devil.1790

Storm and Heurix are pretty good imo.

To an extent but what game do you have in mind when you say that? Games like league of legends only have fights every few minutes and have a handful of skills they need to talk about. Even then they fail to say every ability used in a team fight so a game that has 10 skills per person and those skills have interactions with runes, sigils, and traits is going to be a lot harder to play by play cast.

In general the casters do call out the major skills used like earthshaker, portal, lich, rampage etc. so I’m not sure how much further they can go to address the whole “I don’t know what is happening” crowd.

Battlelord Taeres

(edited by Manimarco Devil.1790)

Orng vs TCG

in PvP

NeXeD.3042

Hilarious. 10/10.

So you gauge the better region by picking one team from each region? Pick any more than 1 (top 2/3/4/5) and I think you’ll find you get different results.

I don’t gauge the regions against each other. Lol. That’s my point.

“Well EU has better teams”

how do you know that? What works there might get pooped on somewhere else.

Too many variables for me to be a fan boy of either side.

Orng vs TCG

in PvP

Posted by: Aztex.4895

Aztex.4895

Storm and Heurix are pretty good imo.

To an extent but what game do you have in mind when you say that? Games like league of legends only have fights every few minutes and have a handful of skills they need to talk about. Even then they fail to say every ability used in a team fight so a game that has 10 skills per person and those skills have interactions with runes, sigils, and traits is going to be a lot harder to play by play cast.

In general the casters do call out the major skills used like earthshaker, portal, lich, rampage etc. so I’m not sure how much further they can go to address the whole “I don’t know what is happening” crowd.

There are actually a lot of ways to do it. Here’s what needs to be done:
1. The game doesn’t have a spectator mode like other esports (LoL for example) where you can replay the game and slow it down or even pause it to show the audience the great plays and mistakes from different perspectives. That’s why Helseth’s VOD of the last match had so many viewers and was so important.

2. Casters also need to prioritize what is simple and easy to understand by the audience.
2.1- Make videos or simple images of each class showing how they essentially work, because they are much easier to understand than talking about it.
I’ve seen Mortal Kombat ESL finals yesterday and they weren’t too specific about each player. They were simple, fast, with few words and the images said all we needed to know. His name and country, position in other tournies, favourite character and team/clan they belong to. No talking about all the different combos they can do nor other info that is too specifice for audience who knows nothing about the game (just hearing that a player used all the 17 combos in one character and only failed 2 was enough for me to get excited about it).

2.2- Instead of builds break down in the stream of the tournament itself, take a video or screenshots from all the builds before the match starts and use them later for a stream where you can talk about the builds, plays, decisions, etc. with all the time you need, just like Helseth did.
If you want to explain what each player can do, look at point nr 2.1 above – simple, fast and easy to understand by everyone.

(edited by Aztex.4895)