PVP rewards bug?

PVP rewards bug?

in PvP

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

Losing team shouldn’t receive Halloween rewards. That promotes less competitiveness and more afks.

People are asking for skins in PVP. Don’t have to give skin every match win, but maybe a small small chance to get a drop of something.

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

PVP rewards bug?

in PvP

Posted by: DruidiN.2817

DruidiN.2817

Nice a reward we cant even open in HoM wtf are these guys doing as game designers.

PVP rewards bug?

in PvP

Posted by: Tranassa.4968

Tranassa.4968

No, not a bug.

Please share your feedback if you would like this changed, or not.

U asked for feedback, so…

1. Rewards for doing nothing is always critical and imo a very bad design decission. As others have noticed too, this leads some people to the greate idea just to log in their second/third/… acc’s and enter solo Q, just to get this free rewards! I don’t think that this was intended. => Lesson to learn: Do never ever give rewards for doing nothing!

2. As others said before, this reward would have been a nice thing, IF it would be given in ADDITION to the old reward! Like in GW 1 the bags for playing GvG

I’m playing on EU
Automated Tournaments!

PVP rewards bug?

in PvP

Posted by: JohnCrow.7482

JohnCrow.7482

It was kind of funny …been playing for over a year – never got into tPvP….a few days before Halloween started someone gave me the idea of “You can solo Q and get some cool skins/pvp rewards if you win”….So I decieded to try failed miserably – last night I finally won my first tpvp match…and was rewarded with a ToT bag….I was most certainly tricked. smh I love Halloween but im staying in WvW till the Halloween event has ended. I get more ToT bags and loot in general from WvW….rather then practically “NOTHING” in tpvp – that really watered down my first win.

Frequent devil’s advocate.

PVP rewards bug?

in PvP

Posted by: Acrisor.8097

Acrisor.8097

Why not the weapon skins? Why do we get jipped with pve mats we don’t want. Give us skins instead of forcing us to pve or buy gems.

Reply hazy, ask again later…

Agree with Lux. PvP players need skins and rewards related to PvP, not some candy related to PvE event.
The concept of PvP rewarding system is now broken because it rewards players with PvE items, unusable in PvP, making players more angry as they can not obtain useful PvP content related to the current Halloween event.

So, Justin, in my opinion, your reply is hazy for not understanding and actually reading what PvP players like.

PVP rewards bug?

in PvP

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

not to mention those are pve mats foods

funny thing is that you can’t even open it in pvp area? lol…

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

PVP rewards bug?

in PvP

Posted by: Drexciyian.9453

Drexciyian.9453

2 wins so far and ive gotton nothing?

BOON Control

PVP rewards bug?

in PvP

JohnCrow.7482

funny thing is that you can’t even open it in pvp area? lol…

Yeah – that actually killed it right there. Most definitely a ‘trick’.

PVP rewards bug?

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

So i have like 250+ of those bags around…are they worth opening for a pvp-only player or should i sell them straight? Is there something decent for pvp inside? Since i don’t give a single kitten to pve (And with pve i mean zerg vs zerg too) stuff unless it’s worth big money…and i srsly dubt it..

PVP rewards bug?

in PvP

JohnCrow.7482

Sell it….there is is only candy in there and bags of coins (could get lucky and get 1g…but you’re more likely to get 8 silver)

PVP rewards bug?

in PvP

Posted by: Duka.5864

Duka.5864

WOW LOL LOL is this an insult? A CANDY BAG SERIOUSLY?

PVP rewards bug?

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

Sell it….there is is only candy in there and bags of coins (could get lucky and get 1g…but you’re more likely to get 8 silver)

1g?!!!?! OH MY GAWD THANK YOU ANET!!!! FINALLY DECENT REWARDS!!1!!!1!

k thx for the info…as i supposed they’re not worth the time it takes to open them..

PVP rewards bug?

in PvP

Posted by: Barret.4095

Barret.4095

at least make it 10 or even 20 bags or something, 5 just doesn’t feel rewarding at all.

“For those whose time and dedication went above and beyond, only to achieve mediocrity”

PVP rewards bug?

in PvP

Posted by: Ghostwolf.9863

Ghostwolf.9863

No, this was a temporary change because many people were asking for holiday rewards.

Someone, somewhere in a place unknown said they wanted holiday rewards.
So your decision is to remove sPvP rewards and add 5 bags of candy?

With all due respect sir, why not sPvP rewards + 5 bags of candy? Just because there’s some weird madking stuff going on doesn’t mean you need to cripple original rewards. Holidays should be good times, and something special, not a nerf. :p

And for the record, 5 rng bags isn’t rewarding at all, when I otherwise could equip my 6 characters with cool looking armour.

Thief, Engineer, Mesmer – Seafarer’s Rest (EU)

PVP rewards bug?

in PvP

Posted by: tronjeremy.5820

tronjeremy.5820

I like the idea but I would make the trick or treat bags an addition to current chest rewards and not in-place of.

Best Teef NA – http://twitch.tv/tronjeremy_
S/D Condi Build Video – http://goo.gl/bYGs9n
Stronkhold Beta Gameplay – http://goo.gl/IMb8qb

PVP rewards bug?

in PvP

Posted by: Exile.8160

Exile.8160

I would like a reward system that lets you pass pvp skin to pve or vise versa or a way to make gold and achievement point in pvp like in pve. heck even living world stuff for pvp where you can get rewards like mini exclusive to pvp so we can get more people to join pvp.

(edited by Exile.8160)

PVP rewards bug?

in PvP

Posted by: Lux.7169

Lux.7169

I have an idea guys, to make this fair they need to remove all rewards for PvE players and they’re only allowed to get halloween candy for everything.

When they complete a dungeon path they get 5 trick-or-treat bags. When they take a keep or tower in wvw they get 3 candy corn.

[SoF]

PVP rewards bug?

in PvP

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

Just to throw in feedback. It was nice to see living story rewards in PvP, but I did not like having the PvP rewards removed. I also did not like getting rewards that were not usable in PvP.

That said, I am primarily a PvE player so I found the bags less useful than others might.

PVP rewards bug?

in PvP

Posted by: Amaterasu.6280

Amaterasu.6280

In all honesty, it’s offensive. I’m not sure if the devs did this as a passive aggressive thing against pvpers because this forum is full of complaints.

All pvpers ask for is rewards that are even remotely on par with PVErs. Is that really so hard to ask? There are still pvpers who’ve been strictly pvping since Beta, and have invested arguably even more time into the game than a lot of PVErs with top achievement points.

We all know that it is insanely hard to rank up in pvp, and the ones that are legitamitely lvl 50+ without rank farming/exploiting, have spent A LOT of time into the game.

While PVErs are fed new weapon/armor skins ever 2 weeks (not even mentioning all the already existing cool armor/weapons in PVE that are exclusive to PVE), PVPers have been fed the same items via tourney chests for almost a year now.

I would love for a dev to explain how that’s remotely fair to PVPers? Would you guys offend PVErs by giving them 100 glory every time they completed a dungeon or a event while taking their loot away?

We know that you guys are working on a new reward system which won’t hit until next year…but at least have the decency to try to put SOME incentive into the current reward system knowing that it won’t change for another few months…a small chance to get the new weapon skins and such would be amazing! Something as simple as that would make PVPers very happy already…or is that just too much to ask for?

Kuro – Thief – NA
Undercoverism [UC]

(edited by Amaterasu.6280)

PVP rewards bug?

in PvP

Lux.7169

In all honesty, it’s offensive. I’m not sure if the devs did this as a passive aggressive thing against pvpers because this forum is full of complaints.

All pvpers ask for is rewards that are even remotely on par with PVErs. Is that really so hard to ask? There are still pvpers who’ve been strictly pvping since Beta, and have invested arguably even more time into the game than a lot of PVErs with top achievement points.

We all know that it is insanely hard to rank up in pvp, and the ones that are legitamitely lvl 50+ without rank farming/exploiting, have spent A LOT of time into the game.

While PVErs are fed new weapon/armor skins ever 2 weeks (not even mentioning all the already existing cool armor/weapons in PVE that are exclusive to PVE), PVPers have been fed the same items via tourney chests for almost a year now.

I would love for a dev to explain how that’s remotely fair to PVPers? Would you guys offend PVErs by giving them 100 glory every time they completed a dungeon or a event while taking their loot away?

We know that you guys are working on a new reward system which won’t hit until next year…but at least have the decency to try to put SOME incentive into the current reward system knowing that it won’t change for another few months…a small chance to get the new weapon skins and such would be amazing! Something as simple as that would make PVPers very happy already…or is that just too much to ask for?

I can’t give this post enough +1’s. I wish every dev was required to read this and thoroughly discuss it as part of their job and communicate their responses to it directly with the community.

I’m sure they’re going to come out with some BS excuse “well, if we gave pvp’ers rewards for their past efforts it will flood the economy with too much gold and cause inflation blah blah blah”

[SoF]

PVP rewards bug?

in PvP

Posted by: Obsidia.5127

Obsidia.5127

Great post.

I can’t believe that they would actually think replacing them was a good idea. I feel like they are making a joke out of us now as I find it hard to believe they would do something this stupid.

PVP rewards bug?

in PvP

Posted by: John Corpening.9847

Previous

John Corpening.9847

Associate Game Director

Trick or Treat bags are a temporary reward during the Mad King festivities. We agree that it would have been better to give both Trick or Treat bags and reward chests but the system involved can, at this time, only reward one type of item at a time. We therefore made the decision to allow PvP players to participate in the game wide festivities because it is only a couple of weeks. There is an achievement that you can earn by opening Trick or Treat bags and if you take a look at this page:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/a-guide-to-blood-and-madness/

You will see that the contents of trick or treat bags can be used to work towards bigger rewards. Rather than give PvP players no option to work towards these rewards we decided to temporarily give out trick or treat bags.

This is by no means the final reward update to PvP. There are many things in the works regarding PvP rewards that will be rolled out over the course of several months.

I do however understand your complaints and concerns. So I’d like to offer this to you guys, if you accept Trick or Treat bags until the Mad King festivities are over, would you be happy to have double PvP reward chests for the two weeks after the festivities are over? This way those players who would like to spend their time in PvP to earn their holiday rewards can continue to spend their time in PvP and those of you who don’t want the holiday rewards can sell them on the trading post and then collect double PvP reward chests for a couple of weeks to make up for it.

Does this sound like a reasonable solution?

PVP rewards bug?

in PvP

Lux.7169

Trick or Treat bags are a temporary reward during the Mad King festivities. We agree that it would have been better to give both Trick or Treat bags and reward chests but the system involved can, at this time, only reward one type of item at a time. We therefore made the decision to allow PvP players to participate in the game wide festivities because it is only a couple of weeks. There is an achievement that you can earn by opening Trick or Treat bags and if you take a look at this page:

You will see that the contents of trick or treat bags can be used to work towards bigger rewards. Rather than give PvP players no option to work towards these rewards we decided to temporarily give out trick or treat bags.

This is by no means the final reward update to PvP. There are many things in the works regarding PvP rewards that will be rolled out over the course of several months.

I do however understand your complaints and concerns. So I’d like to offer this to you guys, if you accept Trick or Treat bags until the Mad King festivities are over, would you be happy to have double PvP reward chests for the two weeks after the festivities are over? This way those players who would like to spend their time in PvP to earn their holiday rewards can continue to spend their time in PvP and those of you who don’t want the holiday rewards can sell them on the trading post and then collect double PvP reward chests for a couple of weeks to make up for it.

This definitely seems like an acceptable action (double chests for two weeks). Speaking for myself: while I realize chests are worthless since I have stacks of them I’ll never open right now, it’s a refreshing reminder of my ardent participation in competitive pvp. Some part inside of me is just hoping that one day maybe something good will be put inside, but those hopes aren’t high.

Yes, this for me would be a suitable response-action to the trick-or-treat items.

[SoF]

PVP rewards bug?

in PvP

Posted by: Susulemon.3204

Susulemon.3204

I like the idea of having rewards in PvP that can carry over to PvE. I mean, don’t PvP players do WvW? And WvW uses PvE gears. I’d love it if I can just do the PvP I love, and set myself up for WvW, even if it is a bit slower than working it out in PvE

If anything, need more PvE rewards mixed in !! I don’t need random gears from chests that my class can’t wear anyway, and the gear I want can’t be obtained until I have high ranks, so why would I not want PvE rewards ? Gainning PvE items through PvP opens another window of activities to do

(edited by Susulemon.3204)

PVP rewards bug?

in PvP

Posted by: Amaterasu.6280

Amaterasu.6280

John, thanks for listening and trying to offer a compromise.

However, I think I speak for a lot of PVPers when I say that the double pvp reward chests won’t do anything. The problem isn’t actually getting the chests because winning is not an issue – the problem is what’s INSIDE the chests. As I said in my previous post, we’ve been fed the same PVP items in the tournament chests for almost a year now. I personally have stacks upon stacks of tourney chests sitting in my inventory simply because I have opened enough to acquire everything possible in them already….And it doesn’t even take long at all!

We need new items in these chests, and the perfect opportunity would be to include any new skins that come with new content patches. Even if it’s a 1-5% chance of getting the new skins per chest, it would give PVPers more incentive to play – to win, just to get new gear. It can’t possibly hurt the PVE economy because you can’t get PVP skins and use them in PVE anyway…so I really see no harm in including any PVE skin with PVP when they are two completely separate entities as far as skins go.

Incentive in PVP is almost exclusively in getting new armor/weapons every 10 levels…however after lvl 40-50, the fun is no longer there because it requires a tremendous amount of time to grind another 10 levels before we get new content. I got to r50 in pvp a few months go, and I am still only getting to r54…and I consider myself one of the more active PVPers. That means I don’t expect to get to r60 from r50 for 1 year. No one wants to wait that long for new content to get excited about…because let’s face it, after 2 weeks, the new skins would get old and we’d want something else. It’s the nature of the game…and you guys seem to understand that in PVE and thus release new content every 2-3 weeks. However PVP has been stuck in that state for ages…and a lot of players have left because of the non-existent incentive to play. It’s truly a huge problem, incentive.

I’m happy to hear that you guys are working on incentive and rewards…it is definitely much needed. When I speak to all of my pvp friends, the issues are ALWAYS consistent – one major one being incentive.

We don’t need everything, we just need SOMETHING to start…but as of now the gap between being able to find incentive in PVE vs PVP are worlds apart. I hope Anet could realize this and start closing that gap.

My PVE friends keep telling me how excited they are to farm for their new ascended weapons and new armor, and I can’t help but feel that being a hardcore PVPer, I have absolutely nothing to work towards and nothing to look forward to. The only reason I still play PVP is because I truly love the GW2 combat system, and to play with my team which have become my good friends. Competition is nice too, I guess.

Kuro – Thief – NA
Undercoverism [UC]

(edited by Amaterasu.6280)

PVP rewards bug?

in PvP

Lux.7169

I’m just doing my best to hold out and see what the revamped reward system will look like. Honestly losing motivation to continue playing since most of the good players have left. This new reward system could be the saving grace of pvp or it could just be another insult to a dedicated player-base.

[SoF]

PVP rewards bug?

in PvP

Posted by: Adrianicus Shield.6803

Adrianicus Shield.6803

I for one really like the change. I have 3 stacks of tournament win chests just laying around, because I already filled up most of the pvp mats, theres nothing i can really make with them either so they’re just taking up space in my inventory. At least now i can sell the rewards and make some gold, even though its only about 12s/win. Hopefully later we can get better rewards for wins. It’s a small step in the right direction. Although we should still get pvp skins.

PVP rewards bug?

in PvP

Posted by: Kishimy.6105

Kishimy.6105

Please, return PVP reward for PVP. Not PVE.

PVP rewards bug?

in PvP

Posted by: Nanashi.5704

Nanashi.5704

No, not a bug.

Please share your feedback if you would like this changed, or not.

Change. Give 1 bag or something if you want to promote the event or w/e, but doing arenas for JUST those bags is annoying.

PVP rewards bug?

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

Wow, rewards finally come to PVP and people complain ? Lol GG pvp community.

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

PVP rewards bug?

in PvP

Kishimy.6105

How can u call it “reward” ? I can’t even open it!

PVP rewards bug?

in PvP

Lux.7169

You can open them?!?!?!?! for me the only option was “Destroy” so I thought we just got them to destroy them….

jkjk

[SoF]

PVP rewards bug?

in PvP

Kishimy.6105

You can open them?!?!?!?! for me the only option was “Destroy” so I thought we just got them to destroy them….

jkjk

Same. I told about same problem ))

PVP rewards bug?

in PvP

Posted by: leungclj.4915

leungclj.4915

I think I have a solution to satisfy everyone.

Have the option to pick what reward you would like to get after the match, just like in PVE personal storyline.

PVP rewards bug?

in PvP

Posted by: bone collector.4920

bone collector.4920

Please just remove them with an update. We can’t wait one or two weeks more and get this useless rewards. And what? How to achieve better rewards if this mean that we have to plaay PVE too. Please do something and DO NOT SUPPOSE next time.

PVP rewards bug?

in PvP

Acrisor.8097

We therefore made the decision to allow PvP players to participate in the game wide festivities because it is only a couple of weeks.

In my opinion, with other words: “We therefore made the decision to force PvP players to participate in game wide PvE festivities because it is only a couple of weeks”

Rather than give PvP players no option to work towards these rewards we decided to temporarily give out trick or treat bags.

In my opinion, with other words: "Rather than give PvP players some useful skins that required work in design and coding, we decided to temporarily trick them in playing for PvE event bags.

In my opinion, with other words: “This is by all means just another update to PvP, like the ones in the past. But there are many things in plans regarding PvP that probably, will come after several months, like this last year.”

if you accept Trick or Treat bags until the Mad King festivities are over, would you be happy to have double PvP reward chests for the two weeks after the festivities are over?.

In my opinion, with other words: “If you accept to leave us alone, would you be happy to have the same old PvP rewards doubled for two weeks with good old hard PvP work, and simply forget again that another game event has passed?”

My personal response: “Never. I play a game for PvP fun, not to make compromises with PvE players and their content rewards; while in PvP I get to help them get their ToT bags and watch them have all the fun in another game event.”

PVP rewards bug?

in PvP

Posted by: jebro.6370

jebro.6370

Having the trick or treat bags in addition to the chest would be a much better Idea.

Spvpers play the tournies for competition, skins and salvaging so they dont spend their glory.

Not only does it take away potential skin earnage but also the crafting of new gear.

Seems odd to take another ‘currency’ away from spvpers. We need some love

PVP rewards bug?

in PvP

Posted by: oDe Da Beast.7596

oDe Da Beast.7596

5 tricks bags isnt even reward. anet should give us 1g every soloq win and 50s loss or when u open 1 chest u get 1g. simple its reward and gets more pvp players bag. and then we got money and we can buy more skins and stuff. I hope anet see this and replys to me are they doing any kinda rewards like this? and if they are when?

PVP rewards bug?

in PvP

Posted by: Vince.1294

Vince.1294

Thank you Arenanet for understanding that pvp has way too little rewads, but the thing is that chests are useless for us.
Noone want what´s inside of them.

I would like to see:

New levels/titles for the profession champ title.

Gold/Gems for glory.

pve lvl up scrolls for glory.

pvp legendarys.

capes for ladderboard ranking.

automated tournys.

ingame ladder.

3 vs 3 arena.

warrior nerf.

all this as xmas gift would be nice …………………………………………..( 2013 xmas )

PVP rewards bug?

in PvP

Posted by: Edo Tensei.8254

Edo Tensei.8254

We therefore made the decision to allow PvP players to participate in the game wide festivities because it is only a couple of weeks.

In my opinion, with other words: “We therefore made the decision to force PvP players to participate in game wide PvE festivities because it is only a couple of weeks”

Rather than give PvP players no option to work towards these rewards we decided to temporarily give out trick or treat bags.

In my opinion, with other words: "Rather than give PvP players some useful skins that required work in design and coding, we decided to temporarily trick them in playing for PvE event bags.

In my opinion, with other words: “This is by all means just another update to PvP, like the ones in the past. But there are many things in plans regarding PvP that probably, will come after several months, like this last year.”

if you accept Trick or Treat bags until the Mad King festivities are over, would you be happy to have double PvP reward chests for the two weeks after the festivities are over?.

In my opinion, with other words: “If you accept to leave us alone, would you be happy to have the same old PvP rewards doubled for two weeks with good old hard PvP work, and simply forget again that another game event has passed?”

My personal response: “Never. I play a game for PvP fun, not to make compromises with PvE players and their content rewards; while in PvP I get to help them get their ToT bags and watch them have all the fun in another game event.”

so true……i vote for new pvp devs which are hardcore pvp players. i dont want pve devs making pvp content.

PVP rewards bug?

in PvP

Posted by: felivear.1536

felivear.1536

So, I just want to state how thrilled I am with this post. I do not think the solution is necessarily ground-breaking, I think it does solve the issue that the holiday bags introduced. I am, however, extremely excited about this one line:

“So I’d like to offer this to you guys, if you accept Trick or Treat bags until the Mad King festivities are over, would you be happy to have double PvP reward chests for the two weeks after the festivities are over? "

That one single line is adding to this game what has been the biggest omission: collaboration. I can’t imagine why these things have been missing for so long, but how much headache could the devs and the players have alluded if these types of questions have been asked since the game released?

Hopefully this isn’t a one-off incident and these questions will become commonplace, because although i think you guys are good developers, it’s obvious the vision for this game thus far has not lined up with the player’s vision.

Thank you for your post.

feLIVEar: Your resident forum king.

PVP rewards bug?

in PvP

Posted by: Garb Cost.3718

Garb Cost.3718

I’d be happy to take double reward chests, post-event, given that, as you said, the system in place doesn’t allow for offering one of two rewards.

Thanks for the response.

Also, warriors… please revisit. I got the biggest halloween scare when I saw that they were not getting their [ludicrous] stuns and their healing signet reviewed. Hopefully that is just part of the halloween kitten-your-pants scares and will be analysed come November

PVP rewards bug?

in PvP

Acrisor.8097

So this is it… I am forced once again to miss an event because of no event PvP rewards, not even the old PvP reward chests.

PVP rewards bug?

in PvP

Posted by: righteousness.6028

righteousness.6028

I’ll take it!

PVP rewards bug?

in PvP

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

The problem with the double chests is that, the contents of said chests are still completely awful.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

PVP rewards bug?

in PvP

Posted by: Delinar.4976

Delinar.4976

I can solve the Somali pirate problem: simply make the top layer of cargo these horrible pieces of candy corn. They will leave immediately.
Boom. You’re welcome.

PVP rewards bug?

in PvP

Posted by: felivear.1536

felivear.1536

This feels like internet terrorism. I’m over here expecting a happy day, and then bam.

Piece of candy corn.

If you don’t open the bags, the terrorists win.

feLIVEar: Your resident forum king.

PVP rewards bug?

in PvP

Posted by: Neon.8651

Neon.8651

I got real life diarrhea from your virtual candy corn.

Thanks for that.

PVP rewards bug?

in PvP

Posted by: Nicra.4371

Nicra.4371

One year for christmas, my parents bought me fan blades and told me I was the sole reason for their poverty. I am more disappointed in this candy corn than my parents are of me.

PVP rewards bug?

in PvP

Posted by: Delinar.4976

Delinar.4976

I would like to quote the late, great Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. He had some inspiring words about our struggle with candy corn.
“Let us not wallow in the valley of despair, I say to you today, my friends.

And so even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the American dream. The dream that one day, no man will be subjected to the blatant discrimination of receiving candy corn."

Preach, brother. Preach.