Penalties?

Penalties?

in PvP

Posted by: Senseless.2093

Senseless.2093

I’d like to know if you get any penalties when switching a class during waiting time (the one min before match starts) in ranked que, aswell as will there be a report option implemented for people who join the match and go “afk” aka sitting in the safe zone and typing / move around so they don’t get afk kicked instead of actually playing in the match?

Penalties?

in PvP

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

i havent tried it because what i’ve read says you get a deserter status in the game (lose points no matter hwat happens)

Penalties?

in PvP

Posted by: SlimChance.6593

SlimChance.6593

Your supposed to suffer “dishonor” for leaving a queued match for any reason. But I believe its currently “disabled” for some reason.

Don’t know about the report option.

Eccho, Echo Oread – Mesmers (Yak’s Bend)
My EchoRupt Build - Forum Post

Penalties?

in PvP

Posted by: GhOst.4019

GhOst.4019

The dishonor debuff is disabled, BUT you WILL still get deserter status in a ranked match. What does this mean for you? An instant -3 points on leaderboards. If you manage to win the match after you desertion, you will gain the appropriate points back.

Example: You log out then back in, you get deserter and -3 pts. You continue to win for a +1 points. End result -2 on leaderboards. You continue on to win for +2 points. End result -1.

You continue on to win for +3 points….you get the idea.

#1 Player Granada
#1 Player Comoros

Penalties?

in PvP

Posted by: Senseless.2093

Senseless.2093

I’d understand the deserter status if it was during the actual match time, but during the 1 min waiting time before it actually starts?.. because queing solo and ending up with 2-3 of same class and without bunker is starting to get really annoying.

Penalties?

in PvP

Posted by: AlbertoUlkesh.4517

AlbertoUlkesh.4517

If I understood it right, that’s because the system is set up to use profession MMR. And it would be unfair to queue with a profession with which you have a low MMR and then switch once in the game.

However, as with dishonor, profession MMR is currently “disabled” for some reason.

Penalties?

in PvP

Posted by: GhOst.4019

GhOst.4019

That is just how it currently works. They are most likely going to implement a grace period though. As in, you can be disconnected for no more than 30 seconds before you get deserter status. Here is a discussion with the devs on the matter. https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Byes-Forfeits/first#post4658078

#1 Player Granada
#1 Player Comoros