Percentage for Leaderboards?

in PvP

Posted by: Anoia.7342

Anoia.7342

Curious of anyone knows the sort of cut off percentage is for the top 1k. I’m at 94% and not ranked. Must be a lot of people arenaing these days!

For that matter, is there a specific explanation anywhere for how the ranking actually works? Obvs not just win/loss ratio, but also not totally tied to amount of games played since there are some people with a max of 20-30 games plays on there too.

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

I believe there are currently about 25,000 people ranked in the NA leaderboards. So you’ll need to hit about 96% to break into the top 1000.

The ranking works purely on the Glicko2 rating system. Your rating is compared to your opponents’ ratings; if you win, your rating goes up. If you win against people with a higher rating than yours, your rating goes up a lot. It’s not a foolproof system when applied to GW2, since there are a lot of variables in solo queue (for example, you might get really lucky and draw super teammates your first ten matches and wind up on the top of the leaderboard). But in all it is a very strong rating system.

in PvP

Posted by: Nabbo.2845

Nabbo.2845

But in all it is a very strong rating system.

lol pls

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

But in all it is a very strong rating system.

lol pls

I was referring to Glicko2. Do you feel a different rating system is better?

As I mentioned, glicko2 isn’t always perfect, especially when there’s so many variables affecting match outcome. There is a lot more volatility in GW2 than in chess or other things Glicko2 is used for, so naturally, things like lucky winning streaks happen, and the ratings get off.

in PvP

Posted by: Freeelancer.2860

Freeelancer.2860

I believe there are currently about 25,000 people ranked in the NA leaderboards. So you’ll need to hit about 96% to break into the top 1000.

Or 98% on European servers.

in PvP

Posted by: Lotus.1682

Lotus.1682

You have to break around 95-96% to get into top 1k in North American Solo Queues. As people said before, ranking is based on a hidden MMR system. I’m not entirely sure how it works, but if you take a close look at the current state of the leaderboards, you begin to realize just how broken they really are. Hopefully, they get overhauled soon. I quit League of Legends a long time ago, but I really liked how they managed ranked matches into different brackets and divisions. Of course, Ranked League has a much higher player base than GW2 Solo Q, but I do hope Anet introduces a similar system. xD

Twistedlotus <Thief> xD
Isle of Janthir