Player / new streamer LF other Players.

in PvP

Posted by: Valkyriez.6578

Valkyriez.6578

Hi to all my sPvP brethren,
I hope everyone had a stellar Christmas and a Happy New Year! I have been contemplating making this post for a while and I will admit, I was hesitant. I’ve since decided to just go ahead with it.

What this post isn’t: QQ, trolling, eletism or anything of that nature. So as a bit of a disclaimer, if that’s your thing, there are hundreds of other posts to get your swag on and have a good trolling time.

What this post is: I am looking not only to get some more community cohesion, but to gauge the GW2 sPvP playerbase and see if we can band together a lil’ bit and have a bit of fun.

I am putting myself out there. I am currently rank 22, with the vast majority of my glory coming from Free Tournaments (around 250 matches, 45% or so win ratio). I pug them, solo or duo, alot. More then I want to truth be told.

I’m putting this offer out to anyone else who is in the same boat. Add me to friends (Valkyriez.6578) and I WILL run a tournament group with you in it. I am an oceanic player (Australian) so the vast majority of you will be sleeping when I am playing, but there are players out there that are night owls, shift workers, solo insomniacs and of course, my oceanic brethren.

I currently play with a guild called Deliriium [Dlrm] and we are based on the Sea of Sorrows server [SoS]. I am not the most pro team leader going around, but I can talk, communicate, run strats and am open to suggestions and of course feedback (conctructive of course).

I have set up a secondary guild, Bravo Zulu [BZ] for like minded players. I will only invite players to BZ if I have done a Free tournament with you. If you are in BZ, you will know that everyone else in there is interested in tPvP (Paids are not on the agenda right now). I have a Teamspeak server that is open to use during said tournament runs, Skype, and I can also set up a vent server if needed (prefer TS tho tbh).

I also have just started streaming all my PvP. As mentioned above, I am not a “Pro” player, so please dont expect to see the highest level gameplay when viewing. I started streaming to help out the GW2 sPvP community, not to be mocked by it. I have noticed GW2 stream viewers are now generally under 200, and I would like to help out in any way I can by doing what I already do, play the game.

Once again, YOU are invited to add me to friends if you either need a player to round out your team, want someone to que with or are interested in finding other likeminded PvP indaviduals to play with. I rarely Hot-Join, but will play that during Free que times (which are getting longer and longer). My stream link is down the bottom, chat with me on there, follow me or contact me in game.

If you are a team LF another consistent and reliable player during my timezones, send me a PM. Trial me, give me a go and I’ll show you that I can be a team player who can be relied on to do his job, whatever that is.

I personally play a DPS Guardian (I can bunker if needed), an offensive roaming Warrior and I have started to get my feet wet with a Legion Mesmer (Taugrim / Countless build) and of course, Shatter spec.

Hope to hear from prospective team mates and potential guildies.

Peace

in PvP

Posted by: EaGrimdarK.7849

EaGrimdarK.7849

Yo! I see you a lot in free tourneys, though I havent been on in the last few days. You usually see me on Foefire and BoK as the Guardian Nunganok, or Mesmer Cromlech Gate from WMD – Waste Management and Disposal. I wouldnt be surprised if you dont remember me since you do so many tournies but i see you guys almost every night. :P

Me and my team arent oceanic but we are on during oceanic prime time so I’ll be adding you to friends and would love to have the chance to earn the invite to BZ. Ive got over 120 matches played with a 1.3 w/l ratio.

See you in some free tourneys soon I’m sure.

If you are that upset at GW2 then you just look like an idiot for sticking around. -Bongwizard Slubs

in PvP

Valkyriez.6578

Yo! I see you a lot in free tourneys, though I havent been on in the last few days. You usually see me on Foefire and BoK as the Guardian Nunganok, or Mesmer Cromlech Gate from WMD – Waste Management and Disposal. I wouldnt be surprised if you dont remember me since you do so many tournies but i see you guys almost every night. :P

Me and my team arent oceanic but we are on during oceanic prime time so I’ll be adding you to friends and would love to have the chance to earn the invite to BZ. Ive got over 120 matches played with a 1.3 w/l ratio.

See you in some free tourneys soon I’m sure.

Ouch. Grim….. you always smash me when I pug lol. You bunkering CT or GY is always a write off to try and get. Definitely looking forward to seeing you in there

in PvP

Valkyriez.6578

Well, I’ve made 3 new friends in game so far and had the opportunity to do some free tourney"s, so thank you to EaGrimDark and Hammerheart.

Bumping this thread cause I think it’s helpful and constructive.

Thank you also to the people who followed and watched me stream. more is coming including a youtube channel with some vids and guides on my current Guardian and Warrior specs.

in PvP

Posted by: bomber.1540

bomber.1540

hey valk… got a few questions im hoping you can help me with..

u play in australia right? i live in syd and play around 11pm to 1.30am and seriously, there is never any tournies running, paid or free.. am i missing something? everytime i check there is max of 1 team queueing .. my guild is only pve so im on my own. also, this may sound like a dumb question but is tpvp world server specific? for example, im on yaks bend, am i able to play with someone on sea of sorrows? as i always thought once you head to the heart of the mists, it doesnt matter what server you are on?

in PvP

Valkyriez.6578

Hey Bomber,
Yes, I play from Australia, East Coast NSW just like you. Unlike what the general forum population will tell you, it’s not just Paid tournaments that don’t pop outside of NA prime time, it’s also Free tPvP that struggles. If you are queuing in oceanic times, the tournaments dry up around 10pm but that’s also a symptom of the holiday season taking its toll, winters day events being more popular and a lack of interest in GW2’s sPvP in its current state.

If you played a little later or earlier it would actually be a bit better, you are right smack in the deadzone at the moment.

sPvP is cross server, you can play with anyone from any of the NA servers, however, the Heart of the Mists area isn’t cross server, so you will only see Yak’s Bend players in that area unless in a party with others.

It can be easier to get a pop if you play as a full team, so you should definitely add me to friends and contact me either in game or yell at me on my stream (details in my sig). I’ll try and find a spot or que with you all though you do play a tad late for me except for weekend nights I’m normally offline around 1130pm.

My net is down for a few days so if you don’t see me online, don’t despair. If you can convince some guildies, get them to come hotjoin for a bit and maybe the PvP bug will catch on.

Hope to hear from you.

in PvP

Posted by: bomber.1540

bomber.1540

Thanks for the info valk, I’ll definitely add ya as a friend.. I sometimes play earlier but I usually wait till the missus to go to sleep before I crank it up.. I also play different times on weekends so that could work.. Fyi im a rank 31. Thief and can play all builds… Hopefully see ya ingame soon…

in PvP

Posted by: Jax.5261

Jax.5261

Go Valk!
pew pew,

~Silven

in PvP

Valkyriez.6578

Bumping cause I like friends

in PvP

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

feel free to add me

in PvP

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher here, mainly play Sophea Of Elements. Haven’t done tourneys in a while though but I do believe I have played with your Warrior before. You may remember 2 Eles, Luilas and me and possibly a thief Surgee.

We are looking for a team still. Might look you up when I get the time.

We’re all Oceanic, 2 of us are from far north Qeensland, so gmt+10 without daylight savings, and Surgee is form NSW.

I work so I’m usually only on after work or weekends. So 5pm-6pm onward. I find that tourneys usually pop, earlier in the evening is quite quick and it does slow down a lot the later your on. Most of the time someone leaves your group and the game doesn’t re-que you, so annoying.

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

in PvP

Valkyriez.6578

Hey Rezz and TGSlasher,
Thanks for replying. Thanks to Hellstra (Telstra) and thier kitten roadworks, my net is cut for the next few days, but I’ll be back online soon I’m Gettin GW2 withdrawals already

I’ll definitely add you both.

TG, you play same time as me and I’ve seen you in Free’s for sure. The que leaving problem is annoying for sure.

Arena net, know you got a lot on your plate at the moment, but if you could code it so that if someone in the que goes offline and doesn’t come back within 60 seconds it removes them from the Free que and sends a pop up to the roster leader to resubmit or even auto re-que’s the team, that would be awesome. Lots of times I que a free and go I to hotjoin for someone to leave and then it never pops and I have to leave and resubmit……

Any hotfix to that is a good fix IMO.

in PvP

Posted by: yawn.7819

yawn.7819

Feel free to add me too

-= Yawn =-
Follow My Stream!

http://www.twitch.tv/yawn_gaming

in PvP

Posted by: Jewel.1457

Jewel.1457

hey there I’m from aus as well. I am no where near pro or anything and mainly just fap around in hot join but I’m on quite a bit. Have done a couple tournies here and there with mixed results.

I’m mainly doing WvW with the guild but always up for some spvp

Gamey Blog: Healing the Masses - with the soul of thine enemy
Eriena of JQ-warrior forever

in PvP

Valkyriez.6578

~ BUMP ~

Message length must be 15…… How dodgy is that?