Plea to Anet PvP developer team

in PvP

Posted by: Medex.1504

Medex.1504

Hi.

Well as stated above I have a smal plea for the PvP developer team.

First I must say that you got PvP to a whole diferent lvl since launch of the game and I love everithing about it, specialy the revard sistem. So keep up the good work.

What my plea is about:
1. Could u please put in a title PvP NOOB (for players like me) so that all the “PRO” players in lower divisions know they have a “noob” player in their team. I promise I will wear that title wit honour.
2. Could you put in a chek box (same as pvp prefrence game mode) “I consider my self PRO PvP” so that algorithem would match all the “PRO”-s. That would solve a loot of problems for all the “PRO”-s out there, specialy ones in silver or lower.
3. Put in a “Professional player” report mark, to ensure the help of casual players to help the “PRO” ones that would forget to chek the “PRO” box.
4. DC match pause game. If a player DC-s (for connection loss, pc crash, etc …) 5 min match pause time or untill the player is back in match. I think that would solve a couple of problems for some players (me included).

Thank you for reading this, and if nothing else please consider 1. and 4.

Thank You.

And for all the “PRO”-s:
1. 0-4-1 does not always work
2. RNG matchup is what it is ….
3. PPL are alowed to run something else then “metta”
4. IF URE SUCH A KITTEN PRO PLAYER WTKitten are u doing in MY Division!

Have a lovley day and sorry for my bad english.

Regards,

Medex

in PvP

Posted by: Chilli.2976

Chilli.2976

Show ranks at the end of the game.

in PvP

Medex.1504

Thats kinda pointles with the new ranking system, since its division based (bronze vs bronze, silver vs silver, …), and it does not help during a match.

The problem is at the start of the match and “pro” players raging during the match, so ranks at the end of the game …. well you get the picture.

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Thats kinda pointles with the new ranking system, since its division based (bronze vs bronze, silver vs silver, …), and it does not help during a match.

The problem is at the start of the match and “pro” players raging during the match, so ranks at the end of the game …. well you get the picture.

Well actually showing mmr at the end of the match would be a great tool to understand how the match was set up. Could also show people that they were not match with complete noobs like they think they were.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in PvP

Medex.1504

But that will not change their minds that it was “noob” players fault.

in PvP

Shaogin.2679

But that will not change their minds that it was “noob” players fault.

Nothing will ever change that for some people. Doesn’t mean we should not implement a useful tool.

Gate of Madness

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.1683

Pyriall.1683

The whole system is pointless with this population. Why are there people from silver playing with people in platinum? Why are bronze players playing with gold? What’s the whole point of a division if people are just thrown together when they shouldn’t be playing with or against each other. All of this is a recipe for ongoing frustration.

in PvP

Medex.1504

Well I thought silver is vs. silver, bronze vs brozne …. isnt it?

in PvP

Posted by: Prince Vingador.8067

Prince Vingador.8067

Well I thought silver is vs. silver, bronze vs brozne …. isnt it?

No its not
I get players 200+ and -200 in my games

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

They wouldn’t do it – it would show glaring issue with matchmaking. If you are not lazy, ask your teammates and enemies what rating they are (or check LBs if you are high enough) – you would be amazed of HOW actually broken matchmaking is.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Shaogin.2679

They wouldn’t do it – it would show glaring issue with matchmaking. If you are not lazy, ask your teammates and enemies what rating they are (or check LBs if you are high enough) – you would be amazed of HOW actually broken matchmaking is.

Yeah, I’ve been looking in to this situation for awhile now. I wouldn’t say matchmaking is completely broken, but it definitely has some flaws that are causing issues during low population times. You can check out some of the results I’ve posted so far in the thread below.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Matchmaking-Question-3/page/2#post6454077

Gate of Madness

in PvP

Cynz.9437

Yeah, I’ve been looking in to this situation for awhile now. I wouldn’t say matchmaking is completely broken, but it definitely has some flaws that are causing issues during low population times. You can check out some of the results I’ve posted so far in the thread below.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Matchmaking-Question-3/page/2#post6454077

Do it for 1700 rating, it is way worse there. Since half of 250 is afking for the season and game attempts to keep 2 min queue limit, it just throws team of top 10 vs 1700 teams and calls it a day.

All is Vain~

in PvP

Shaogin.2679

Well I doubt I’ll see 1700 this season, so I would need someone at 1700 to post their numbers for me.

Gate of Madness

in PvP

Posted by: LinhZeri.6412

LinhZeri.6412

Lol I stopped playing after getting outrageously one sides matches at prime times (3 weeks in mind you) and losing outrageous amounts of rating (like my last two games I played before saying im done… 412 – 500 I lose… lost 11 rating then last game ever this season 88 – 500 lose and lose 20 RATING.. this game I was placed with essentially all bad players while the other team had players of my caliber quickly killing them with no issue at all. This game however I find was more of a population issue and I was put with the lowest of the low to carry them alone with disastrous results). I really hate when people insult others when they say “the other people did it” card but you clearly can see how people play and handle their characters and its worse then someone who has some idea how to play.. they simply melt. but anyway things that need to be fixed.

1) Rating gained equalized. You get same rating when winning and same when losing.. perhaps make it 20 for win and 20 for losing to give a wider variance of up and down to actually not have stagnate rankings. The wild fluctuation of rating currently obtained is completely outrageous for a game which you cannot control your team what so ever (oh except duo que… hey maybe I was against duo ques.. they did have reaction times perfectly but x’ed the game completely done with the season after that outrageous lose with a huge rating decrease i did not deserve at all)

2) Make entering the seasons on new accounts not possible. (Make the account require at least a minimum hours playing age ( I propose 500 hours) (yep get rid of the smurfs the ladder currently is a joke lol . This will prevent them farming newbies for rating like cowards)

3) Don’t sacrifice quality games of que times. I rather wait then get matched with trash pretty simple. People these days have no patience and guess what you will have more with this quality of matching as everyone quits the seasons.

4) Display the rating we are being matched with at start of a game when you do the little check marks and also at end like others suggested. Yep if you see some super high rating kid trying to play off hours to cheat the system.. flag them. The neglect to control manipulation in this game is crazy. This also can tell us everyones rating before match and see how the matching is working. Information is one thing to ease the minds of the players… the lack of PR for spvp or any game mode here is kinda crazy.

5) Encourage the use of the Looking for group tool. I actually don’t know why no one is using this to be honest to find partners lol maybe group the spvp ranked arena section into the divisions or something this I cant say on how to do.. maybe this is a player issue however.

If I come off as rude any part of this my apologies… I rather state the facts bluntly then to sugar coat it. Just keep in mind I only care and love this game. Been here since beta and want to continue but the lack of balance (another issue with things right now) and this season making me become extremely tired of continuing other then to do fashion wars. lol.

(edited by LinhZeri.6412)

in PvP

Posted by: BennyKay.6139

BennyKay.6139

during low population times, the game would rather allow you to play with people that may be outside your range (not horribly) than have you wait in a long long queue. This is done purposely since one of the biggest complaints in previous seasons was queue times. Its give or take. Would you rather a near perfect match OR have speedy queue times. Cant always have both.

Anteater Academy
Tempest | Reaper | DH
Platinum Rated Trash Player

in PvP

Cynz.9437

during low population times, the game would rather allow you to play with people that may be outside your range (not horribly) than have you wait in a long long queue. This is done purposely since one of the biggest complaints in previous seasons was queue times. Its give or take. Would you rather a near perfect match OR have speedy queue times. Cant always have both.

I would prefer longer queue times because at the end you are just wasting a lot of time for matches that cost you rating.

All is Vain~

in PvP

Posted by: BennyKay.6139

BennyKay.6139

I would prefer longer queue times because at the end you are just wasting a lot of time for matches that cost you rating.

I would too, but then everyone would go back to complaining that their Q times are so long. Its a catch 22 and the community will always find something to complain about.

Anteater Academy
Tempest | Reaper | DH
Platinum Rated Trash Player

in PvP

Posted by: Prince Vingador.8067

Prince Vingador.8067

One thing is having faster ques an other thing is:

I look at the map i see 3 of my team mates at close vs 1 warrior, they are 3vs1 and the point is neutral, after 30 seconds the warrior went mid AND MY 3 TEAM MATES FOLOWED HIM WITH OUT CAPPING CLOSE.

So whats the point of having faster ques?
For that?
Atm i can say that i dont care for pvp atm , cause only once every 10 games there is a denent games.
I cant believe that such players play in platinium, atm i droped to tier 3 gold cause its really impossible to win such games, i mean really impossible.
Its kust a matter wich team gets the most warriors and dhs, vs thievs and necros, thats all.

in PvP

Medex.1504

Well this went a litle of topic from my starting point … but I do get it what u mean … but still if the ranking is set and divided in divisions it should work … so higer tier players should not play vs lower ranks and then … well kitten them for lossing a match.

in PvP

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

Well this went a litle of topic from my starting point … but I do get it what u mean … but still if the ranking is set and divided in divisions it should work … so higer tier players should not play vs lower ranks and then … well kitten them for lossing a match.

If your opposite team is higher MMR than you the system will predict a loss — possibly as much as “almost certain loss” — and will not reduce your MMR significantly for losing. It will, however, give you a huge MMR boost if you win, because that was extremely unlikely.