Please Remove the Double Loading Screen.

in PvP

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

… or at least give us an option to eliminate one of them in the interface. The most frustrating thing if you get dc’d during a match or at the start of a match is that double loading screen.

It’s unnecessary.

I created a strawpoll in my signature.

in PvP

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

Would I like it done? Sure.
Is it more than a minor inconvenience? Nope.
Would I like them to pool already limited resources into it? Hell no…

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

in PvP

Jasher.6580

You make it seem as if it will require some heterogeneous and intricate coding to bypass one of the loading screens.

In essence it currently loads you into lobby first, after you get loaded into that map it makes an attempt to load you back into your match.

What SHOULD happen is that it loads you back into your match upon relogging and bypass the attempt to load you into the lobby.

There is no pooling of limited resources into anything. If they like, I could help them with the code.

in PvP

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

You make it seem as if it will require some heterogeneous and intricate coding to bypass one of the loading screens.

In essence it currently loads you into lobby first, after you get loaded into that map it makes an attempt to load you back into your match.

What SHOULD happen is that it loads you back into your match upon relogging and bypass the attempt to load you into the lobby.

There is no pooling of limited resources into anything. If they like, I could help them with the code.

Changing ANYTHING, no matter how small takes a lot of hours of cost. Changing the code is not even half the work…

EDIT : I just don’t see why they should prioritize this over a lot of other more pressing issues.

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

in PvP

Jasher.6580

Changing the code is not even half the work…

Have you ever heard of a “hotfix”?

in PvP

Posted by: SoLeciTO.3490

SoLeciTO.3490

LOL . . . OP is giving a totally valid suggestion and people just troll him.

Why is hard to make this happen?

IS MAAAAAAAAAASIVE the amount of time you lose with this double loading screens . . . i want to destroy my keyboard when game kick me in the middle of a ranked game and this double loading screens appear.

Developers know that this is !@#$% but they have not addressed this issue maybe because they consider they have more important things to fix or do.

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

I play with a, let’s put it that way, skittish internet connexion. This double loading screen has caused me to spill tea, coffee, water and other beverages, and to wake up my flatmate and neighbors at inappropriate hours with a raging roar. My mouse now look like something ripped off the Black Citadel, and my left fist left a permanent print on my desk. PLEASE make it stop. People like me who live in a third world country (Sweden) should be able to enjoy the game as well. Thank you.

in PvP

Posted by: Liam McColgan.7689

Liam McColgan.7689

I’v always wondered why they did this….i assume its to do with their server loading infrastructure but its hellannoying.

If you dc, why do you have to load into HOTM, to THEN get back into the pvp server?

Mesmer – 1250+ Ranked tpvp WINS.
– 7772 games played, 5274 games won.
“Nuke or be Nuked” – Said every mesmer ever

in PvP

Posted by: Evan Lesh

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

I’ve looked into this and unfortunately it’s one of those “crazy complicated code jargon reasons” why it’s improbable this would change. The complexity vs payoff makes it a very low priority item.

Bluxgore (80 Warr), Xilz (80 Necro), Ivo (80 Eng)
Bra (80 Guard), Fixie Bow (80 Ranger), Wcharr (80 Ele)
Xdragonshadowninjax (80 Thief)

in PvP

Posted by: Narkodx.1472

Narkodx.1472

I play with a, let’s put it that way, skittish internet connexion. This double loading screen has caused me to spill tea, coffee, water and other beverages, and to wake up my flatmate and neighbors at inappropriate hours with a raging roar. My mouse now look like something ripped off the Black Citadel, and my left fist left a permanent print on my desk. PLEASE make it stop. People like me who live in a third world country (Sweden) should be able to enjoy the game as well. Thank you.

LOL

Sweden third world country!?

That high quality of life doe

in PvP

Posted by: manveruppd.7601

manveruppd.7601

Don’t you have the fastest broadband in Europe or something? It was definitely one of the Scandinavian countries, could be Denmark instead but I’m pretty sure it’s you guys!
(Please don’t kill me for mixing you up with Denmark! :p )

A bad necromancer always blames the corpse.

in PvP

Posted by: nicoper.3215

nicoper.3215

Don’t you have the fastest broadband in Europe or something? It was definitely one of the Scandinavian countries, could be Denmark instead but I’m pretty sure it’s you guys!

As a human being living in Sweden I can confirm that we have one of the fastest country-wide networks (3G/4G covered almost everywhere, optical fibre growing in a blazing speed) although only a few ISPs can actually use them and some people (like me) is stuck with some random ISP that promises (in my case “up to 100MBit/s” but on every test I have ever done it has returned 30-50 and in realoty it is never higher than 5MB/s) or for other stupid reasons cant benefit from our growing network of “up to 1000MB/s” networks. I am sure it will be great around here in 5-10 years though

This signature is awesome!

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

As a human being living in Sweden I can confirm that we have one of the fastest country-wide networks (3G/4G covered almost everywhere, optical fibre growing in a blazing speed) although only a few ISPs can actually use them and some people (like me) is stuck with some random ISP that promises (in my case “up to 100MBit/s” but on every test I have ever done it has returned 30-50 and in realoty it is never higher than 5MB/s) or for other stupid reasons cant benefit from our growing network of “up to 1000MB/s” networks. I am sure it will be great around here in 5-10 years though

Cool story bro. I have a brand new 8Mb/s telephone connexion since Tuesday, and before that I had a 3G connexion with a limited volume every month! Limited! In 2015! That qualifies as a crime against humanity right? But yeah I think most people in Sweden do fine.

in PvP

Jasher.6580

I’ve looked into this and unfortunately it’s one of those “crazy complicated code jargon reasons” why it’s improbable this would change. The complexity vs payoff makes it a very low priority item.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: rotten.9753

rotten.9753

It’s more dependent on the power of your cpu and hard drive than your connection speed.