Please bring back old PvP skins.

in PvP

Posted by: Lothorius.2731

Lothorius.2731

It happened to me now quite a lot that i look into the wardrobe and find nice skins and think “Perfect for my character” and then get the disappointment when i look up where to get this skin and see that it is not available anymore.
Mostly they were old PvP rewards..
It just kinda frustrates me that each time i find something matching, that i can’t get it anymore because of this reason, and have to take a skin that does not really make me happy.
For example the Warden Harpoon gun is the only decent planty looking harpoon gun and has been taken out. the second best that fit my character is the Warden Spreargun which does not even come close to the Harpoongun look.
So please consider bringing old skins back sometime as im sue more people will love you for it.

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Tribal_armor

I like having exclusives :P

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Posted by: GhOst.4019

GhOst.4019

I would like to see them return too. Back in the day I didn’t get some of them because some were way more exclusive to have. They them put the more exclusive ones into PvE skins and made a couple discontinued. Wishing I had just collected them all. Maybe put in a throwback reward track on the 3rd year B-Day for a week to obtain these would be awesome. Understandable if you don’t want to bring em back forever, just give us a week to be able to obtain

#1 Player Granada
#1 Player Comoros

in PvP

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

I hope they’ll not return.

Having some exclusives for the old pvp community are a good thing.

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend

in PvP

Posted by: Lazaar.9123

Lazaar.9123

There’s always those couple special snowflakes that flock to their cause to make sure other players can’t get rewards.

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

There’s always those couple special snowflakes that flock to their cause to make sure other players can’t get rewards.

The PvE crowd drowned us with insults anytime PvPers asked for anything as a substantial reward because they didn’t want to have to “be forced” to do spvp to farm for money or get materials. It HAD to be less than pve yields. And long before that, we basically got kitten on over and over. A year and a half hardcore progress got you some skins up to rank 70 quality. That time and you still couldn’t make tier 3 cultural. While pvers ran around in legendaries, cultural and had money to spare. Then they got to bring that stuff right into spvp with the wardrobe change. I think it’s fair to hold on to the little bit we had as an advantage as a momento of lousier times.

in PvP

Lazaar.9123

The PvE crowd drowned us with insults anytime PvPers asked for anything as a substantial reward because they didn’t want to have to “be forced” to do spvp to farm for money or get materials. It HAD to be less than pve yields. And long before that, we basically got kitten on over and over. A year and a half hardcore progress got you some skins up to rank 70 quality. That time and you still couldn’t make tier 3 cultural. While pvers ran around in legendaries, cultural and had money to spare. Then they got to bring that stuff right into spvp with the wardrobe change. I think it’s fair to hold on to the little bit we had as an advantage as a momento of lousier times.

Except that doesn’t apply fully, what if there is someone who started playing after the wardrobe change and only does PvP? Why should they have to miss out on something just so some people can stroke their ego of playing at a specific time? That is not skill related, that is just playing in a specific time frame.

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

Except that doesn’t apply fully, what if there is someone who started playing after the wardrobe change and only does PvP? Why should they have to miss out on something just so some people can stroke their ego of playing at a specific time? That is not skill related, that is just playing in a specific time frame.

Frankly? I wouldn’t mind if people who were rank 30+ back then to reobtain them if they had that rank prior to the glory patch. But I don’t see that as a likely option that they would take. :/

But the legacy feeling of it is quite powerful and helps to ease the past frustrations. If they gave it out super easy it would instantly lose all of that value. Obviously it’s not up to me, but I do think it’s an interesting perk for dealing with the lack of attention we had.

in PvP

Lazaar.9123

Frankly? I wouldn’t mind if people who were rank 30+ back then to reobtain them if they had that rank prior to the glory patch. But I don’t see that as a likely option that they would take. :/

But the legacy feeling of it is quite powerful and helps to ease the past frustrations. If they gave it out super easy it would instantly lose all of that value. Obviously it’s not up to me, but I do think it’s an interesting perk for dealing with the lack of attention we had.

“Legacy feelings” is just another term for egos. Your argument can be applied to both sides, so why should newer PvPers miss out? It wouldn’t even be given out super easy, glorious armor isn’t. You don’t see many people in PvE wearing glorious armor. It requires a fairly substantial time investment.

(edited by Lazaar.9123)

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

Well, when your entire reward system is based around legacy and cosmetics, it tends to matter. That’s just sort of how rewards work… I’m not really hear to teach psychology of reward systems, but if everyone got a Super Bowl Trophy for every non-specific game they did, it’d lose value. We find value in scarcity as people and that’s what makes otherwise meaningless things (pixel armor) meaningful and fun.

Have nots will always try to argue otherwise, but they’re simply wrong and it’s just a biased opposition.

in PvP

Lazaar.9123

Well it’s already been discussed and it was stated that bringing them back is something they were going to look into. (Though no time frame)

The Tribal armor set and other armor sets that were sPvP-exclusive will be obtainable again at some point in the future. There is no ETA as to when this will happen.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Tribal-armor-set-1

(edited by Lazaar.9123)

in PvP

Lazaar.9123

Above post updated with the source.

/thread

in PvP

Posted by: LCL.6259

LCL.6259

These “exclusives for the old pvp community” arent held by many pvpers, as back in the early days of this game dedicated pvpers constantly were deleting and remaking lvl 2’s. I came back from before the changes to find I can’t get my shoulders back, and for me that’s a huge bummer.

in PvP

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

I’d like to be able to complete my pvp tribal set- I don’t have the bottoms, gloves or shoes— I think make it a reward track to unlock after you reach a certain level

in PvP

Posted by: Lothorius.2731

Lothorius.2731

Well that is great, i hope they consider bringing back some weapons too.

in PvP

Posted by: smj.9451

smj.9451

I don’t want they bring it back because everyone is complaining about unobtainable skins, ppl that work theirs skin at the release or like me that put alot of time in old pvp system dosnt want that everyone can get it for alot of reasons; exclusivity for us for being in this game since release and because old pvp system was way more long to reach high levels everyone had dragon finisher I was shark before the update I have play more than 800 hrs only in pvp for this shark finisher so you guys have got access WAY more easily to all theirs finisher for the old pvp community its a big lost and then you want our exclusive skins… The new glorious armor is a true joke to get a few match in unranked or ranked and you got it!