Please do something about Druid healing

in PvP

Posted by: princode.2750

princode.2750

There is something very wrong about druid healing. Full Bunker druid can take on 3 or more player without hp going down below 50%. I think Anet should do something about druid healing. I myself don’t hate bunker and i always believe bunker is 1 of the most important role in pvp but if a druid can take on 3 player or more on point without going down its a serious problem.

in PvP

Posted by: Sandzibar.5134

Sandzibar.5134

All 3 players had 0 CC?

Druids don’t exactly have great stability uptime.

in PvP

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763

No poison and no CC? I find this incredibly odd.

in PvP

Posted by: Sardath.8524

Sardath.8524

I posted this and I’ll post it again.

Here’s what you need to know:
- it’s like a dd ele, without the damage and roaming capabilities
- if you burst him after he leaves CA form, he’s most likely dead
- if you use a condi build, the druid will most likely not withstand the pressure, as he doesn’t have access to much cleanse outside of CA
- if you can’t kill him, just stroll away, he can’t kill you either.
- while he’s in CA, he deals almost no damage (except for skill 5 that even a cripple could dodge), so just be chill and don’t waste your skills on him, try to heal if necessary, manage your cooldowns and give him a huge burst once he gets out of CA

Also, as the people above mentioned, all the skills in CA have a pretty big casting time, it’s very easy to CC him and that gives you an opportunity to kill him.

in PvP

Posted by: abc.5790

abc.5790

the cheap old poison master ranger or even trap ranger melt druids so fast you’d want to ask to buff them. do it after they do the massive cleanse from F5.

I don’t play druid but know how to. It bores me and plus it’s easy to kill. On my scrapper I just use the poison from weapon swaps and elixir gun when I encounter druid.

STOP ASKING FOR NERFS or make a big deal out of nothing. Instead, just ask how to counter.

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub

in PvP

Posted by: SolarDragon.7063

SolarDragon.7063

Yeah, rampage as one trick gives great stab uptime especially if paired with nature magic (which itself offers multiple tricks for healing)

in PvP

princode.2750

Well maybe I’m noob in druid but I’m seeing druid facetank 3 or more player on a point and its not 1 match its almost every match well maybe all the 40 plus match my teammate is all noob. Explain please

in PvP

Posted by: Miyu.8137

Miyu.8137

Since Druid is the only real healer in the game, it sounds fair to me that it does the bunker job the best in game.
You ppl shouldn’t forget, that it’s always something for something. Full bunker Druid does literally no damage. It’s good only on capped point since it can’t cap anything on it’s own. Besides, bring any CC which can push Druid out of point and decap it to make the Druid absolutely useless.

(edited by Miyu.8137)

in PvP

Posted by: Dojo.1867

Dojo.1867

Druid is more killable than bunker guardian but people never complained too much about that…

If you want to kill the druid then get 2 people that can deal damage. It does the job. CC also helps, if druid runs out of stability he can actually even be killed in 1v1 if your build does damage.

If cele or soldier amulet players expect to kill a druid that invested fully into sustain then no, this is not supposed to happen.

in PvP

Posted by: Sardath.8524

Sardath.8524

Besides, bring any CC which can push Druid out of point and decap it to make the Druid absolutely useless.

This! Druid may be good with holding a point, but you can hardly capture anything without some help.

Also, I don’t know what the OP is talking about druid holding a point with 3+ enemies. 2 good players can take you off the point and burst you down.

As long as people aren’t wasting their skills when druid is in CA, I really don’t see the problem.

in PvP

Posted by: Scambug.3502

Scambug.3502

Bunker guard sustain <—->
Druid sustain <————————————————————————————————————>

I rest my case.

in PvP

Posted by: Dojo.1867

Dojo.1867

Well maybe I’m noob in druid but I’m seeing druid facetank 3 or more player on a point and its not 1 match its almost every match well maybe all the 40 plus match my teammate is all noob. Explain please

This is the same thing as the “power ranger is op” threads. Yes, on low level people happen to be bad at the game so this is a completely legit explanation.

Learn to counterplay the druid. There is plenty of counterplay that people listed here. People always refuse to adept some new approach is needed because it is much easier to cry on forums.

in PvP

Posted by: Hiki.9310

Hiki.9310

Full bunker Druid does literally no damage.

With birds and smoke scale, they can burst for over 10k damage as a bunker.

“If it ain’t broke don’t fix it” – Mallyx

in PvP

princode.2750

This is the same thing as the “power ranger is op” threads. Yes, on low level people happen to be bad at the game so this is a completely legit explanation.

Learn to counterplay the druid. There is plenty of counterplay that people listed here. People always refuse to adept some new approach is needed because it is much easier to cry on forums.

u mean all 40 games I play all my teammate is noob. There must be some issue if it happen in all the game I play

in PvP

Posted by: Belial.9350

Belial.9350

Bunker guard sustain <—->
Druid sustain <————————————————————————————————————>

I rest my case.

Things that druid can do about cc <>
Things that bunker guard can do about cc <——————————————————————>

Easy, your rating is low and you are getting matches with other low rating players.

in PvP

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

Lol I love how Neir shows up for every ranger hate thread, his opinion is clearly unbiased….

I don’t have a druid because I’m not willing to drop 50 bucks for an expansion that is about 90% pve. So I can only comment on this as someone who has fight against druids.

What I have found is all I have to do is check to see if they have stab up, break their shared anguish trait with a cc, and then knock them off point to decap.
It’s really easy to chain cc them since they don’t have any insta cast stability.
And you are never in any danger while fighting them since they do nothing for damage.

I’m really not seeing the problem here. If you don’t have knock backs or burst condi then avoid the point and +1 their team somewhere else. someone on your team should have the tools to deal with them, if not the problem is you have a crappy team comp.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in PvP

Posted by: Sandzibar.5134

Sandzibar.5134

All 3 players had 0 CC?

Rampage as one, Stability Signet, L2P stop defending what is op when you’re too low skill level to talk anyways. Sigh.

And please stop talking if you’re a low skill loser with no competitive play presence anyways. What kind of fail Ele loses to shoutbow? Exactly, learn your place.

Wow look how obnoxious you are. It’s sad.

So that Druid build gives 20secs of stability for every minute. What exactly are you and your teammates doing during the other 40secs?

And those stab sources have to run pre-emptively, as neither is a stunbreak, and both have a telegraphed cast time.

Again, where’s your burst/cc coordination Mr MLGPro? where is your boon removal?

(edited by Sandzibar.5134)

in PvP

Posted by: SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

All that CC that people propose against Druids. That doesn’t work as a DPS opening really when hitting them AOE blinds around them all the time.

Last of the Red Hot Swamis

in PvP

Puck.9612

All that CC that people propose against Druids. That doesn’t work as a DPS opening really when hitting them AOE blinds around them all the time.

I’ve only fought them on ranger and necro so far and that hasn’t caused me any problems. I think you need to look through all the push, pull, fear, and knockback skills and realize how many of them are ranged attacks.

in PvP

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

Contrary to popular belief, Druids go down faster to cc and organized burst than any other Bunker class.

Additionally, I would go as far as saying that Dragonhunters hard counter Druids.

in PvP

Posted by: Swagatron.8065

Swagatron.8065

Things to counter druids:

CC Warriors
Condi/CC Berserkers
Any decent player on any build that can decap. There are key times where the rangers can’t evade like right before their sword 3 hits. Once decapped these druids do 0 damage and become worthless.
Any guardian rings: Lb 5, Hammer 5, Elite Trap.

Any focused burst.

in PvP

Posted by: Eval.2371

Eval.2371

As some one that has been playing a lot of druid, the things that counter us are:

Burst immediately after leaving CA.
Heavy CC
Condi pressure when CA is not up.
Mesmer and thief burst.
Being split from your group (druid excels with a team mate)

[Cya] TC Roamer/Scout
I Play WvW to have fun. I don’t find it fun anymore. Therefore I don’t play.

in PvP

Posted by: Ashkew.6584

Ashkew.6584

Love how ppl talk about druid as if it is one build. There so many druid builds out there, bunker/support, condi, zerk, melee, trapper, all kind of flavours. And not all countered in the same way and certainly not all with 0 damage. Maybe not all as efficient in certain roles, but they are all out there

in PvP

Puck.9612

Love how ppl talk about druid as if it is one build. There so many druid builds out there, bunker/support, condi, zerk, melee, trapper, all kind of flavours. And not all countered in the same way and certainly not all with 0 damage. Maybe not all as efficient in certain roles, but they are all out there

People were replying to the op who specifically complained about full bunker druids.

in PvP

SlayerSixx.5763

Except full zerk or condi damage druids melt instantly outside of their avatar state and SoS, so even if the OP didn’t mention it, you wouldn’t need to be told what they were referring to.

in PvP

abc.5790

All 3 players had 0 CC?

Rampage as one, Stability Signet, L2P stop defending what is op when you’re too low skill level to talk anyways. Sigh.

@abc
Condi doesn’t do anything vs. Druid either, it’s called using Melandru runes with the 3 condi cleanse every 10 seconds. If my slow gets cleansed by the master trait and melandru, then condition damage will be more likely cleansed when emphatic bond ticks. And sigil of purity on both sets. L2P already please, learn how condi cleanse works in this game. Druid is OP, abuse it while you can.

And please stop talking if you’re a low skill loser with no competitive play presence anyways. What kind of fail Ele loses to shoutbow? Exactly, learn your place.

Lol don’t tell me L2P when I’m the one telling you how to counter them.
I have no problem killing it with an old ranger build. Doesn’t matter if it cleanses as I apply pulsing aoe conditions and negate their healing power off the bat.

FYI before June 23, dd eles LOSE to shoutbows on point. You learn your place.
Not my problem you got beat by a class you out sustain and out damage.

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub

in PvP

Posted by: Periclitor.1892

Periclitor.1892

1vs1 I can understand it is a problem dealing with a Bunker druid and fully acceptable to feel frustrated but he cant “deal” with you either unless he is defending / Holding the point.

1vs2 You should be able to force him either into making mistake, calling for aid or having to retreat for LoS and if you can not then i would recommend you learn more about what the druid can and can not do.

1vs3 All i have to do here is quote the famous Dark Souls fan group. Git gud, git gud kid.

Periclltor – Guardian
Account and Char® name could
be the same, Profanity!?

in PvP

abc.5790

For those who do not have the expac and want to amuse and entertain themselves…..

This is for vs druids and their pets on point. I created a build just for bunker druids because they could be a pain on capping efforts if not dealt with. And yes, they have the ability to distract upto 3 unaware people on point. Just be mindful of their pet’s damage and their positioning.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNAnfVjMqQ7K2tC2rAVLGcEqP1/1SvbgMvo5AYyr8LeYkI-TZRHABJVGgsjAAAnCgQ2fI4HAAA

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub

in PvP

SlayerSixx.5763

1vs1 I can understand it is a problem dealing with a Bunker druid and fully acceptable to feel frustrated but he cant “deal” with you either unless he is defending / Holding the point.

1vs2 You should be able to force him either into making mistake, calling for aid or having to retreat for LoS and if you can not then i would recommend you learn more about what the druid can and can not do.

1vs3 All i have to do here is quote the famous Dark Souls fan group. Git gud, git gud kid.

No, sir. If this was dark souls, you’d need to praise the sunx100 cuz that druid would be up there with bunker guards firing off sunlight spears and spamming knockbacks.

in PvP

Posted by: Aylpse.6280

Aylpse.6280

Learn to counter them, Druid can only burst heal. CC Astral Form and poison after baiting condi clenses. If they are not using WS and are using the seed pods knock them out of it. Its not that hard.

And stop trying to ruin everyone’s fun. Some of us like playing healer.

Taking the higher moral ground since 1993.

in PvP

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

I was just going to post something similar to the op. Just came out of a match where a druid stood in one spot in Foefire in our base tanking our lord his four guards and two of our players without dropping below 70% health. We threw everything we had at him and he outhealed everything easily and killed the lord and guards without moving from his spot.

in PvP

Posted by: hurrado.2346

hurrado.2346

I think if you play smartly against them you’ll find they aren’t too outrageously annoying, they are prone to very heavy cc and hit like a wet noodle. Condis are also great when they run out of celestial avatar.

in PvP

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

Not to long ago I remember ranger mains jumping into other peoples subforum to complain about how OP there elite spec was in comparison to druids.
Some would even make threads here claiming their elite spec was sub-par in regards.

Look at all this karma.

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

in PvP

SlayerSixx.5763

How much gold would you get if you converted all of it :o?

in PvP

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

Seriously guys, no matter what is said here druids are obviously going to get nerf. Standing in one spot dealing out damage while taking virtually no damage and requiring no skill is obviously broken. People are talking about CC, like CC kills people. I was CC’ing the hell out the druid and he just healed through it.

in PvP

SlayerSixx.5763

Dealing what? I don’t recall druids ever dealing any serious damage. The damage 3 people can do before a druid manages to wear down one non-zerker’s health pool should be making this an easy task. One mesmer with the damage mantra can burst for nearly 13-14k alone. If the druid isn’t using a vit amulet, they’re basically dead at this point. My dragon hunter can CC him to hell and back. My daredevil just poisons him all day dodges his everything all the time. Sure, it takes forever for me to kill them alone, but that’s how its supposed to work vs a bunker. When I get an ally to +1, he rarely stays standing longer than my first CC chain since my ally doesn’t need to worry about landing skills.

in PvP

Posted by: Dardamaniac.1295

Dardamaniac.1295

No matter how much i want to bring out the tears bucket you guys exaggerate…

in PvP

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

Druid is pretty succeptable to burst. There primary mitigation comes from control. Meaning that “safe” burst skills are very effective. In example a longbow rangers rapid fire combined with the a buffed smokescales f2 WILL out dmg his healing potential. Combine that with someone else hitting him with a CC or a debuff like chill (chill kittenS druids) and youl find there manageable.

Are they strong? Yes. But in this game healers HAVE to be strong. If they can’t outheal atleast one persons maybe twos damage in there burst healing phase. There simply wouldn’t be any reason to go healing. As anyone could simply burst through your healing and kill you or the person your trying to support anyway. (Im talking in things like immob lock scenarios. Where your healing is the only thing keeping a person alive. Also where a healer is most needed)

If the game was slower paced “recovery” style healers (which has more counterplay) might be more useful in PvP. But as it is recovery style healing will probably only be effective in raids. Where you’r in it for the long haul and fights last more than 30 seconds.

Ghost Yak

(edited by Shadelang.3012)

in PvP

Posted by: cakeonroof.7385

cakeonroof.7385

You guys are such kill joys….

Geez. Let these rangers have some fun

I think abc’s little niche build will work against druids. It has an incredible almost non stop poison application.

Chills from trap and axe should be used after they astral. And most damage will come from burning, bleeding and pet dmg. With a +1, the druid will be down fast.

His build should work against scrappers too but not as good vs druids. It’s a niched build and I don’t recommend running it outside of countering druids

EU since Aug 2012

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBunny.3681

BlackBunny.3681

2v1 its impossible on most classes to kill a good druid…. I wouldnt even compare it to a bunker guard thats just stupid its in another league. PLus people saying 3 people should be able to kill it after 35 secs…… You shouldnt need 3 people and that much time to kill one person. Arena is stale and im sick of fighting druids i think its a bad meta, would prefer gard over druid.

in PvP

BlackBunny.3681

“Additionally, I would go as far as saying that Dragonhunters hard counter Druids.”

No way, i have a dragon hunter and i play it fine and with the druid immunity to damage they can sac majority of DH burst and once DH elite skill/traps are down the other dmg is easily healable…. you must be saying this out of bias? We are talking about full on bunker druids.

in PvP

Posted by: cakeonroof.7385

cakeonroof.7385

Yeah its hard to kill a druid unless your build is specialized to counter it. I was LOLing so hard watching Helseth’s recent stream when he and a teammate encountered a druid.

But lets not forget the pre HoT, pre RoF nerf d/d eles. The good ones could 1v3 but the difference is that the ele could down all 3. It’s not common but it did happen.

EU since Aug 2012

in PvP

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

Dragonhunters defenitely do counter Druids, as well as warriors. This was even true back in BWE3. Druids do terrible against burst and CC. Dragonhunters do both. The amount of lockdown they have is ridiculous.

Also people don’t seem to understand that it takes a while for Druids to build astral force. If you don’t have the CC to waste out their Celestial Form, go after them after they leave it. It’s going to be a while before they get back in.

… I still want tengu.

in PvP

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

Ranger useful, please nerf!

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

in PvP

BlackBunny.3681

Show me a vid of a good dragonhunter/war soloing a good druid… or even both DH and war killing a good druid. I good druid will never die to a DH and War with correct defensive rotation. Stop defending it,

in PvP

Posted by: Miles Smiles.8951

Miles Smiles.8951

Ranger useful, please nerf!

doesn’t have much to do with ranger tho, tis all about druid, don’t confuse things, bro

in PvP

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

Guys you are all baddies if you complain about this.

Anet makes a dedicated healing class, then you complain about the healing? LOL

Get good guys, avoid too much time in the forums.

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

(edited by StickerHappy.8052)

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfs Shadow.7234

Wolfs Shadow.7234

There is something very wrong about druid healing. Full Bunker druid can take on 3 or more player without hp going down below 50%. I think Anet should do something about druid healing. I myself don’t hate bunker and i always believe bunker is 1 of the most important role in pvp but if a druid can take on 3 player or more on point without going down its a serious problem.

cough d/d ele cough

Using your above example of 3 v 1 is almost a sick joke.

in PvP

Posted by: Mcrocha.3891

Mcrocha.3891

Dragonhunters defenitely do counter Druids, as well as warriors. This was even true back in BWE3. Druids do terrible against burst and CC. Dragonhunters do both. The amount of lockdown they have is ridiculous.

Also people don’t seem to understand that it takes a while for Druids to build astral force. If you don’t have the CC to waste out their Celestial Form, go after them after they leave it. It’s going to be a while before they get back in.

I would argue that Druid counters DH since you have projectile nullification and can have ranged pressure that is just as high them. Warriors are a problem yes if they cc lock you.

Local Charr Ruins Everything

in PvP

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

I would argue that Druid counters DH since you have projectile nullification and can have ranged pressure that is just as high them. Warriors are a problem yes if they cc lock you.

water wall goes up , DH teleport and Trap test of faith > Trueshot (traited stability or KB) DH and druid have ways to counter but Dh would win due to Druids lack of Stability.

but this can go on forever talking about Tactical Advantages.