Please, just remove necro from the game

in PvP

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Maybe in the top 1% of the PvP and hardcore competitions the Necro is useless, in the other 99% it work decently enough.

You even admit we’re useless in hardcore pvp. Necro is already next to hopeless in the dungeon/PvE ascpects of the game, then we’re supposed to be okay with just “decent” at non-hardcore PvP? While Guardians, thieves, elementalists, engineers, warriors are completely amazing in both.

Of course I admit it. Because its simple math. If A, B, C, D and E are 5% better than F, G and H while you only have 5 slots to fill… You’re going to choose from A-E to fill the ranks. Same reason why GWEN has ruled WvW. AoE effects are party priority and limited to 5 so that dictate party composition. Dungeons – same thing. Everything in GW2 is controlled by party size and AoE limit.

Someone has to be okay with it. With the Revenant coming, one of the “good” classes might even be pushed out. Because its going to end up either in the meta or in the trash, isnt it? If its the former, people will come here once again and go “please just remove the elementalist from the game” or wharever class has the fortune to be the chosen one.

At some point you have to accept it. Necro could use a boost in dungeons and I hope the greatsword change that, but for PvP… its still decent.

in PvP

Posted by: Miyu.8137

Miyu.8137

THere are reasons why Mesmers, Necros and Rangers are not reprensented in top tier…

The reason is, that there are no good players participating the tournaments with these proffesions? Can’t think about any other. From all classes I have played I find ranger one of the best. It has good suistaine, good dps, provides various buffs, provides condi removals, good in team fights, excel in 1v1. But that can be pretty much said about every class, in good hands and with right build every class is viable even in so called “top tier”.

in PvP

Posted by: GoogleBrandon.5073

GoogleBrandon.5073

That is exactly why the thief kept hunting you down, it’s their job to prevent you from doing yours. It’s a team game after all and as a necro (or mesmer, or a power ranger) you can wreak some serious havoc that is why teams should never let you freecast and your team should always provide you with coverage to do your job.

Honey, I am quite familiar with the role of a Thief in conquest – however it seeking a 1v1 against a Necro is not something I would advise

I am also familiar the damage the Lowtier-Trio can achieve, especially in coordinated teams (I mean, the French team, 55HP Monks, Dankening and TCG are a testament to that) – but what is not quite alright is their heavy input to survive as compared to most classes, which is why I joked about the Necromancer’s downedstate

Also believe it or not, but you can nullify the efforts of any of these three classes by minor coordinations and big fights… What is shocking is that this trio only do well in fights where they +1 to get the fight over quickly, which is a role that is not solely reserved to these three – and you see this role being overtaken by a DPS Guardian sometimes as well, which has debatably more sustain…

Guild channel with PvP uploads
Lost? Confused? [TCS] – A guild for every state of body and mind

in PvP

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

Nothing wrong with necro atm- like almost anything else, if you know how to deal with them, they become easy to kill or deal with.

I love running my necro because teams will always start to try and focus me- at which point I will pull the fight away from the cap points and try and keep 2/3 enemies engaged on me for as long as possible, allowing my team to cap everything else and kill the other two enemies. I do the same thing on my mes. I don’t tend to top score, but I do have a lot of fun!

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in PvP

GoogleBrandon.5073

Nothing wrong with necro atm- like almost anything else, if you know how to deal with them, they become easy to kill or deal with.

I love running my necro because teams will always start to try and focus me- at which point I will pull the fight away from the cap points and try and keep 2/3 enemies engaged on me for as long as possible, allowing my team to cap everything else and kill the other two enemies. I do the same thing on my mes. I don’t tend to top score, but I do have a lot of fun!

Not to sound disrespectful, but if your enemy team has to take 2-3 people to take you down for apparently a considerable amount of time (in which your team can cap) on your Necro and Mesmer, then they consist either out of Three Cleric Guardians, or are really, and I mean really awful…

If you do not have Blink or Flesh Worm respectively to use anymore – pinning either down with Ring of Warding, immobilize spam, Basilisk Venom, CC’s (etc), should do some quick work on either, as they require little coordination and damage to be taken down…

Also, not for nothing, but you can kite 2-3 enemies far better on any other class… Maybe less so for Mesmer (though their damage mitigation is not the end of all unless running PU), but their mobilty is bad with a capital B. If you want a profession for running around trolling the enemy, then I would say go for GS+Sw/Wh Warrior and enjoy…

in PvP

Dawdler.8521

If you want a profession for running around trolling the enemy, then I would say go for GS+Sw/Wh Warrior and enjoy…

Yeah they are pretty good trollers… Even if they get top score, they wont be the one holding a point and winning the round. In fact, they’re more likely to make you loose it because a mobility Warrior drops like a stone when he’s actually trying to accomplish something other than running really fast.

in PvP

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

That is exactly why the thief kept hunting you down, it’s their job to prevent you from doing yours. It’s a team game after all and as a necro (or mesmer, or a power ranger) you can wreak some serious havoc that is why teams should never let you freecast and your team should always provide you with coverage to do your job.

Honey, I am quite familiar with the role of a Thief in conquest – however it seeking a 1v1 against a Necro is not something I would advise

I am also familiar the damage the Lowtier-Trio can achieve, especially in coordinated teams (I mean, the French team, 55HP Monks, Dankening and TCG are a testament to that) – but what is not quite alright is their heavy input to survive as compared to most classes, which is why I joked about the Necromancer’s downedstate

Also believe it or not, but you can nullify the efforts of any of these three classes by minor coordinations and big fights… What is shocking is that this trio only do well in fights where they +1 to get the fight over quickly, which is a role that is not solely reserved to these three – and you see this role being overtaken by a DPS Guardian sometimes as well, which has debatably more sustain…

I was under the impression that The Gates Assassin was hunted relentlessly by a thief, and since he didn’t point out a 1v1, it could have been a situation where the thief just didn’t want him to be able to put pressure on his team.

in PvP

Posted by: Shylock.4653

Shylock.4653

THere are reasons why Mesmers, Necros and Rangers are not reprensented in top tier…

So Helseth and Nos are’nt top tier?

in PvP

Posted by: Asbrandr.6324

Asbrandr.6324

He meant it comparative to the other classes and you know it. There are far more players of the other professions than those listed.

Zevkk | 80 Necromancer | Vyhrr Sootshroud | 80 Thief
Cyrus Quintillus | 80 Mesmer | Asbrandr Godrikson | 80 Warrior
Fort Aspenwood [FLOT]

in PvP

GoogleBrandon.5073

I was under the impression that The Gates Assassin was hunted relentlessly by a thief, and since he didn’t point out a 1v1, it could have been a situation where the thief just didn’t want him to be able to put pressure on his team.

True, and in that sense, good job by the Thief… It’s job is to stay on targets who are close to death, or to lure out their defenses to get their heads off in the end…

But, and regardless of this scenario – with some minor coordination, prioritizing certain targets are always the ones who are easy to take down – especially if you catch them out of position or with their cooldowns blown…

In the end it all ties down to understanding your profession, other professions and role though… It just does not remove the fact that a Necromancer is quite an easy target if your team has some minor coordination

in PvP

Posted by: Shylock.4653

Shylock.4653

He meant it comparative to the other classes and you know it. There are far more players of the other professions than those listed.

These has other reasons then that the thread-opener complains about. The thread-opener complains about his sustain and damage. Those are not the problems of the Necro. The biggest problem of the Necro is his missing team support. Mesmer and Ranger are in a similar roaming role as the thief, but the thief can fulfil this role better.

in PvP

Posted by: Sabre.8627

Sabre.8627

Maybe in the top 1% of the PvP and hardcore competitions the Necro is useless, in the other 99% it work decently enough.

You even admit we’re useless in hardcore pvp. Necro is already next to hopeless in the dungeon/PvE ascpects of the game, then we’re supposed to be okay with just “decent” at non-hardcore PvP? While Guardians, thieves, elementalists, engineers, warriors are completely amazing in both.

Of course I admit it. Because its simple math. If A, B, C, D and E are 5% better than F, G and H while you only have 5 slots to fill… You’re going to choose from A-E to fill the ranks. Same reason why GWEN has ruled WvW. AoE effects are party priority and limited to 5 so that dictate party composition. Dungeons – same thing. Everything in GW2 is controlled by party size and AoE limit.

Someone has to be okay with it. With the Revenant coming, one of the “good” classes might even be pushed out. Because its going to end up either in the meta or in the trash, isnt it? If its the former, people will come here once again and go “please just remove the elementalist from the game” or wharever class has the fortune to be the chosen one.

At some point you have to accept it. Necro could use a boost in dungeons and I hope the greatsword change that, but for PvP… its still decent.

Back to my original statement, “The only thing we’re good for in this game is dropping a well in a zerg fight”. Basically anything else we want to do in the game, another class will do better than us. What you’re saying is backing that too.
If any other class in this game was in the same position, they would complain and ask for change too. Ranger was just like us for a long time and look- now they got buffs and new tools and even have their own niche in dungeons. (while the necro keeps getting nerfs)
Also ironic that you mentioned the Revenant and how it will replace classes.. It’s a heavy armor class that seems to be better at condition manipulation/control and sustain than a necromancer would ever hope to be. It seems like they are giving that class everything Necro has been asking for since the beginning and making it what a Necromancer SHOULD have been.

in PvP

Posted by: Miss Lana.5276

Miss Lana.5276

Play power, forget condi, wipe whole enemy team with Lich Form #1.

Lich Form? More like Moa Magnet!

48 Characters|Necro|Raider|Fractaller|PvPer|Singer
So long Treeface.
“…Kormir? I know not of whom you speak.”

in PvP

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

Back to my original statement, “The only thing we’re good for in this game is dropping a well in a zerg fight”. Basically anything else we want to do in the game, another class will do better than us. What you’re saying is backing that too.
If any other class in this game was in the same position, they would complain and ask for change too. Ranger was just like us for a long time and look- now they got buffs and new tools and even have their own niche in dungeons. (while the necro keeps getting nerfs)
Also ironic that you mentioned the Revenant and how it will replace classes.. It’s a heavy armor class that seems to be better at condition manipulation/control and sustain than a necromancer would ever hope to be. It seems like they are giving that class everything Necro has been asking for since the beginning and making it what a Necromancer SHOULD have been.

This.

/15characters

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

in PvP

Posted by: Harvest.2506

Harvest.2506

I don’t know if This is a good Example but there are plenty of Necro vs thieves fight in this game. I’ve Recorded here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48qNkIM4acE

Mine you I’m constantly considering the rotations of the team, but I have commentary during my game play.

in PvP

Posted by: Ragion.2831

Ragion.2831

Join me and run thief.

I started with necro, so however much i hate how dependant the class is on the team being there, i can’t let go of a class ive been running with for over 2 years. After getting some real gameplay with thief, i can’t in my right mind take an immobile delay death until you get saved class over a ‘avoid all damage you cant see me while i chase you across the map’ class to a serious pvp match.

Too many times im on necro, i notice im getting ganked too many times while my team is off somewhere triple ganking or double capping like rookies then im forced to switch to thief just to avoid dying so much. In ranked i almost never take necro unless i am 100% sure my team knows how to fight.

(edited by Ragion.2831)

in PvP

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

Then please shed light on what your doing differently. A thief has many ways to reset the fight and remove conditions while stealthing. I usually find them running circles around me as im trying to catch them and if I miss that small window of opportunity of downing them before they restleath, im dead.

I’m prooobably gonna regret posting , but oh well.

As a thief, I don’t like fighting necros. For a light armor class, they have good sustain, and can drop plenty conditions.

Thieves reset the fight because they are getting pressured. That usually means they have spent all their escapes and need to pull away for a cooldown to finish. The main form of stuns and interrupts come from basilisk venom – keep an eye on the little green icon and if you dodge the attack, BV is spent and they can’t use it again right away.

Condi cleansing doesn’t only come from stealth – and it only applies if the thief is running point lines in SA. Shadowstep can also remove conditions. Their steal skill against necros is the fear skull, but you can watch the animation of when they rise it in the air, and you can dodge it.

CCing a thief in a well is pretty effective. Personally as a thief, if you go lich form, I’ll throw caution to the wind and make you focus on me instead of my team’s DPSer. Don’t get tricked into doing that. A thief can evade the attacks pretty effectively. I can easily disengage mid-fight to throw a quick spike or CC on someone else, then go back to focusing the biggest threat.

in PvP

Jelzouki.4128

Then please shed light on what your doing differently. A thief has many ways to reset the fight and remove conditions while stealthing. I usually find them running circles around me as im trying to catch them and if I miss that small window of opportunity of downing them before they restleath, im dead.

As a thief, I don’t like fighting necros. For a light armor class, they have good sustain, and can drop plenty conditions.

Thieves reset the fight because they are getting pressured. That usually means they have spent all their escapes and need to pull away for a cooldown to finish. The main form of stuns and interrupts come from basilisk venom – keep an eye on the little green icon and if you dodge the attack, BV is spent and they can’t use it again right away.

Condi cleansing doesn’t only come from stealth – and it only applies if the thief is running point lines in SA. Shadowstep can also remove conditions. Their steal skill against necros is the fear skull, but you can watch the animation of when they rise it in the air, and you can dodge it.

CCing a thief in a well is pretty effective. Personally as a thief, if you go lich form, I’ll throw caution to the wind and make you focus on me instead of my team’s DPSer. Don’t get tricked into doing that. A thief can evade the attacks pretty effectively. I can easily disengage mid-fight to throw a quick spike or CC on someone else, then go back to focusing the biggest threat.

All you have to do to kill a necro is daze shot then cleave or blind then cleave, as necros has very long cast times so it is difficult to get rid of the blind without landing a good skill with the hopes of not missing. And if your s/d thief all you do is evade the necros major attacks with all your evades. Thief pretty much hard counters necros if you play it right. Terrormancer is a little harder to fight as a thief but its still do-able.

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

in PvP

Posted by: Ragion.2831

Ragion.2831

All you have to do to kill a necro is daze shot then cleave or blind then cleave, as necros has very long cast times so it is difficult to get rid of the blind without landing a good skill with the hopes of not missing. And if your s/d thief all you do is evade the necros major attacks with all your evades. Thief pretty much hard counters necros if you play it right. Terrormancer is a little harder to fight as a thief but its still do-able.

^ This. I imagine thats why necros have a lot of access to weakness. Maybe we should be taking that condition more seriously.

(edited by Ragion.2831)

in PvP

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

^ This. I imagine thats why necros have a lot of access to weakness. Maybe we should be taking that condition more seriously.

On long cast times/short durations.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in PvP

Jelzouki.4128

I’ve started to build my power necro for more defence against good thieves. Even though the daze shot basically renders us useless since everything gets interrupted lol, I take one well, as well as spectral wall and I use weakening shroud instead of focused rituals. I make up for the damage loss by taking focus, because if you can hopefully get the cast off and go into your death shroud all 3 procs crit and can track stealth. Warhorn is still good but I use focus mainly with traveller runes. Sometimes I switch out dagger for axe but its interchangeable.. ….I also take the retaliation upon entering death shroud over gain might with each life blast.

Basically I’ve built more defence but take less damage in terms of aoe cleave. Spectral wall isn’t too shabby with the recent stab changes……a good thief will still kitten a necro up.

in PvP

Sabre.8627

I’ve started to build my power necro for more defence against good thieves. Even though the daze shot basically renders us useless since everything gets interrupted lol, I take one well, as well as spectral wall and I use weakening shroud instead of focused rituals. I make up for the damage loss by taking focus, because if you can hopefully get the cast off and go into your death shroud all 3 procs crit and can track stealth. Warhorn is still good but I use focus mainly with traveller runes. Sometimes I switch out dagger for axe but its interchangeable.. ….I also take the retaliation upon entering death shroud over gain might with each life blast.

Basically I’ve built more defence but take less damage in terms of aoe cleave. Spectral wall isn’t too shabby with the recent stab changes……a good thief will still kitten a necro up.

Spectral wall on a power build? :0 that sounds interesting, how useful would you say it is compared to another stunbreak or 2 wells? If anything, i’d consider running corrupt boon on power. I think i’m also gonna run traveler runes from now on, how noticeable is the damage drop?

in PvP

Posted by: Rome.7124

Rome.7124

so your reason is more along the line of “somebody has to be at the bottom” and if you happen to main one of those (or even multiple) from the classes that are below the curve, you just have to accept it? Sorry, I cant accept that.

in PvP

Posted by: Mightybird.6034

Mightybird.6034

You realize if you get access to stability (i.e more defense) then your offense will need serious nerfing?

Necro is easily the scariest class in the game, and it doesn’t even require serious work to put out that damage.

Often times there’s nothing I can do but run from a necro. If supported a necro can wipe out a team.

in PvP

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

You realize if you get access to stability (i.e more defense) then your offense will need serious nerfing?

Necro is easily the scariest class in the game, and it doesn’t even require serious work to put out that damage.

Often times there’s nothing I can do but run from a necro. If supported a necro can wipe out a team.

Not a big concern. If nerfs are necessary to Necro offense (I doubt it, since multiple professions have both superior offense and defense in the same build, even AoE) to get the defense and sustain we need, most of us are cool with that.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in PvP

GoogleBrandon.5073

Depends on how it is implemented to be fair…

I got to agree that both Power and Condi Necro are extremely scary – but those are the only options…

It was meant to be an attrition profession, with apparently no tools to fulfill this role at all…

Traitwise, I could see Stability working in lines that are not used now in the respective builds – it could open up diversity, and would cut down the power of both as it is…

Utility wise it would potentially be too powerful indeed, and you could see the offensive pressure being shaved (again) if so

in PvP

Dawdler.8521

so your reason is more along the line of “somebody has to be at the bottom” and if you happen to main one of those (or even multiple) from the classes that are below the curve, you just have to accept it? Sorry, I cant accept that.

Then change class. Its that simple. Somebody will always be on the bottom. Its inevitable.

Ultimately, it doesnt even matter which class you pick if we’re not talking about perfectly tuned 5 man premades in the very top tier. PvP is all about being in the right spot at the right time and preferably with the right build. +1 when you need it or hold a cap against 3 people for 30 seconds when you need it. You bring your skill and knowledge of what you can acheive. The rest is just sheer dumb luck because you never know if you face that perfect counter to your build. The class is just the class.

in PvP

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

Is anet truly happy with the current meta and the overrepresentation of certain classes in pvp matches and tournaments? This is the question that bothers me, as it seems the meta has been 3 – 4 classes since gw2 was released and it has barely changed. You want to bring more players to pvp, then rock the kitten boat and bring some of these other classes into the mix by improving some skills and giving them some necessary additions. Likely you need to hire people capable of either being impartial to all classes or have representatives for all classes as there honestly appears to be a lot of bias towards certain classes.

in PvP

Jelzouki.4128

Then change class. Its that simple. Somebody will always be on the bottom. Its inevitable.

Ultimately, it doesnt even matter which class you pick if we’re not talking about perfectly tuned 5 man premades in the very top tier. PvP is all about being in the right spot at the right time and preferably with the right build. +1 when you need it or hold a cap against 3 people for 30 seconds when you need it. You bring your skill and knowledge of what you can acheive. The rest is just sheer dumb luck because you never know if you face that perfect counter to your build. The class is just the class.

One class being at the bottom obliterates the theory of balance.
Cele classes should be balanced with cele classes, and classes that play the role of dps (zerker) should be balanced with zerkers. I don’t really have anything to contribute to that but I’m just saying that your statement contradicts the whole theory of balance.

in PvP

Jelzouki.4128

Spectral wall on a power build? :0 that sounds interesting, how useful would you say it is compared to another stunbreak or 2 wells? If anything, i’d consider running corrupt boon on power. I think i’m also gonna run traveler runes from now on, how noticeable is the damage drop?

The damage drop isn’t too severe, you can still do good dps with traveller runes. If you want to take a stun break replace your dps well with well of power. It provides good defence against blinds (for a short time). Whenever you use reapers protection make sure you go into your deathshroud while its in the air to maximize damage.

I only use spectral wall when I throw it on a body to revive or prevent a revive, or if im trying to pull off the fight. You have to really set it up in a good position. Its a good counter to slick shoes if you can pull it off.

in PvP

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Wouldn’t do it on a zerker power build, but on tanky spectral builds it is absolutely worth taking, it gives a lot of protection paired with spectral armor, which reduces damage you take to 33% while in DS.

Also people talking about nerfs, its not like these changes would be implemented base to the profession. We’re not asking for dagger AA to be a stun break. If you add better defensive traiting, it is by design forcing builds to do less damage to take it. If you introduce defensive weapons or utility skills, it by design forces you to leave behind something else. The only way that these changes would flat buff our current builds is if they are added to things that those builds already take, which is unlikely to happen because what they are taking is already strong enough, that is why they are being taken.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in PvP

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Yes, lets remove necro because it’s not used in top tier PvP, nor is it meta. Lets remove it because people like to focus it, because if they don’t they get their face melted off.

Yup, I’m all for removing core professions in a game simply because top tier PvP teams don’t like it.
(._.)

I love necro, I love the cool things I can do with necro. I love stacking bleeds/poison/chill/blindess/removing boons and turning them into conditions. I love melting people who foolishly ignore me simply because I’m an “underpowered useless necro”
Don’t like it? Don’t play it. Go play D/D Celestial Ele, or whatever the meta of the week is. If you are not having fun, it’s time to do something different.

Like the old saying goes: “Insanity is doing the same thing over and over agian and expecting different results.”

Getting tired of being bounced around? Then don’t play a ping pong ball…..

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

in PvP

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Yes, lets remove necro because it’s not used in top tier PvP, nor is it meta. Lets remove it because people like to focus it, because if they don’t they get their face melted off.

Yup, I’m all for removing core professions in a game simply because top tier PvP teams don’t like it.
(._.)

I love necro, I love the cool things I can do with necro. I love stacking bleeds/poison/chill/blindess/removing boons and turning them into conditions. I love melting people who foolishly ignore me simply because I’m an “underpowered useless necro”
Don’t like it? Don’t play it. Go play D/D Celestial Ele, or whatever the meta of the week is. If you are not having fun, it’s time to do something different.

Like the old saying goes: “Insanity is doing the same thing over and over agian and expecting different results.”

Kid:“Dad,dad when will you fix my toy?”
Dad:“I don’t care just get a new one!!”
Kid:“That’s the only one you like.”
Dad:“What?! You like broken?? What your mother doing during pregnancy?!! It’s a toy the one that made it should easily fix it.
Kid:“But the other kids want me to play with it while they have theirs, the creator gave me a middle finger behind his desk.”

Sad childhood you had Q_Q…

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in PvP

Posted by: Aenesthesia.1697

Aenesthesia.1697

Seriously, this is out of hand. We continue to be at this poor state in EVERY area of the game besides WvW Zerg due to the idea that we are still overpowered. Why am I sitting in soloq eating up every CC there is in this game without a way to handle them? I have put in countless of hours in pvp and I can tell you its not due to my inexperience. I can be miles away from a node and if two thieves notice me, let alone one, it takes me the whole game to just keep them off.

It is clear by now that after 2 years nothing has changed for this class and we have received probably the most nerfs than any other class has since the existence of this game and suffer the most from them. You call us the “attrition class” but building for health does nothing as my health goes from 100-0 within seconds. But wait, maybe I should stack toughness, ha.. only to find out It only spares my death 1 second later.

Our main problem is that our stun breakers are on the longest cooldowns amongst all the other classes, it takes forever for us to ramp up our damage if we are not power, and we lack what every class seems to have, “proper CC and MOBILITY”… I just give up on this class. Also to mention that it would be pointless to wait for the expansion because I have waited since day 1 for our traits to be cleaned up which are still lack luster.

Now I know someone will come and explain to me that my position is off, or maybe I lack the skills, or even more common, I should play with a group. These are petty responses and do not even take into consideration of what kind of player I am. I will admit that I am not pro but compared to other classes, it takes much more effort to do well compared to necromancer. And that I have no problem with, but even when trying hard you will still be floored unless you have a organized group to peel for you and honestly, if thats what it takes to enjoy this class outside of PVE (which we can not do, or WvW) then the necro has very little going for it!!

Sorry op, but bad example. I dont know many classes that are better suited to destroy thieves than power necros.

in PvP

pdavis.8031

(._.)

Dad:“What?! You like broken?? What your mother doing during pregnancy?!! It’s a toy the one that made it should easily fix it.
Kid:“But the other kids want me to play with it while they have theirs, the creator gave me a middle finger behind his desk.”

I am not even sure how that analogy even applies…
(Besides I had one of the best childhoods anyone could ever have asked for. But thats beside the point. :P)

However,
Asking for profession fixes/features/upgrades is one thing. I agree that some changes can and should be made to necro. Asking for it to be completely removed because it sucks to play one (which is personal preference in any event) is something else entirely.

Going back to your illustration:
Kid: Dad! My favorite toy broke!
Dad: Well, I can’t do anything about it at the moment, it’s going to take awhile for me to fix it. In the meantime, why don’t you play with your other toys?
Kid: I don’t wanna!! I only want this toy!!
Dad: But I got you the other toys for you to play with as well. Some of them are pretty cool, I think you might like them.
Kid: NO!!! I want this one!! I don’t want the other toys!! If I can’t play with this toy I am going to throw away all the other toys!!!
Dad: (thinking) What the heck is wrong with you!? I am so going to…….

recognize my command!”

in PvP

Sagat.3285

Seriously, this is out of hand. We continue to be at this poor state in EVERY area of the game besides WvW Zerg due to the idea that we are still overpowered. Why am I sitting in soloq eating up every CC there is in this game without a way to handle them? I have put in countless of hours in pvp and I can tell you its not due to my inexperience. I can be miles away from a node and if two thieves notice me, let alone one, it takes me the whole game to just keep them off.

It is clear by now that after 2 years nothing has changed for this class and we have received probably the most nerfs than any other class has since the existence of this game and suffer the most from them. You call us the “attrition class” but building for health does nothing as my health goes from 100-0 within seconds. But wait, maybe I should stack toughness, ha.. only to find out It only spares my death 1 second later.

Our main problem is that our stun breakers are on the longest cooldowns amongst all the other classes, it takes forever for us to ramp up our damage if we are not power, and we lack what every class seems to have, “proper CC and MOBILITY”… I just give up on this class. Also to mention that it would be pointless to wait for the expansion because I have waited since day 1 for our traits to be cleaned up which are still lack luster.

Now I know someone will come and explain to me that my position is off, or maybe I lack the skills, or even more common, I should play with a group. These are petty responses and do not even take into consideration of what kind of player I am. I will admit that I am not pro but compared to other classes, it takes much more effort to do well compared to necromancer. And that I have no problem with, but even when trying hard you will still be floored unless you have a organized group to peel for you and honestly, if thats what it takes to enjoy this class outside of PVE (which we can not do, or WvW) then the necro has very little going for it!!

Sorry op, but bad example. I dont know many classes that are better suited to destroy thieves than power necros.

As a guy that mains thief, zerker necro is the least worry,simply decap and come back when his LF runs out,you can also constantly chase him down since the beginning of the match and prevent him drom gaining LF by nearby deaths, he is a slower than you in every way. This allows a 4v5 most of the times and can be done while still maintaining the decap role.

In cases of necro with full LF sure but a smart team/thief means a win if the power necro becomes a target,if necro is winning just +1 the fight. If running OH /p Headshot,dodge,steal>fear. A good thief shouldn’t let a power necro become a threat,I’m not sure why a thief would lose to necro especially since you can maintain your self over 50% HP during the fight he will eventually lose.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

(edited by Sagat.3285)

in PvP

Sagat.3285

(._.)

I am not even sure how that analogy even applies…
(Besides I had one of the best childhoods anyone could ever have asked for. But thats beside the point. :P)

However,
Asking for profession fixes/features/upgrades is one thing. I agree that some changes can and should be made to necro. Asking for it to be completely removed because it sucks to play one (which is personal preference in any event) is something else entirely.

Going back to your illustration:
Kid: Dad! My favorite toy broke!
Dad: Well, I can’t do anything about it at the moment, it’s going to take awhile for me to fix it. In the meantime, why don’t you play with your other toys?
Kid: I don’t wanna!! I only want this toy!!
Dad: But I got you the other toys for you to play with as well. Some of them are pretty cool, I think you might like them.
Kid: NO!!! I want this one!! I don’t want the other toys!! If I can’t play with this toy I am going to throw away all the other toys!!!
Dad: (thinking) What the heck is wrong with you!? I am so going to…….

You forgot the toy maker ^^, if it takes him more than 3 years to repair his creation he is cough cough incompetent or in GW2’s case they see the broken toy as a perfect piece. As a guy that multi-class I do play with the rest of the collection.

The Dhuumfire thread

(edited by Sagat.3285)

in PvP

pdavis.8031

@sagat

Yes. The people who made a wonderful and amazing game are completely incompetent. Makes sense…..

recognize my command!”

in PvP

Sagat.3285

@sagat

Yes. The people who made a wonderful and amazing game are completely incompetent. Makes sense…..

“In GW2’s case they see the broken toy as a perfect piece " wasn’t specific enough or is it too similar too the previous analogy ^^? That aside are you implying the game is and was wonderful since beta or launch?

Don’t turn this into a Twitter like argument, whatever you think the facts of necro’s state have been here longer than you and cannot be disproved.

The Dhuumfire thread

in PvP

pdavis.8031

@sagat

“In GW2’s case they see the broken toy as perfect " wasn’t specific enough ^^? That aside are you implying the game is and was wonderful since beta or launch?

Don’t turn this into a Twitter like argument, whatever you think the facts of necro’s state have been here longer than you and cannot be disproved.

I never said that Necro didn’t need some work. Necro needs some work.
However, the “facts” shown are personal opinions. Some people love necro as is, and do quite well with it. Others do horribly, and think it should be removed from the game. Still others greatly enjoy it, and agree that some tweaks might be in order.

And yes, the game was/is wonder since beta/launch. If it wasn’t, why would be those who have been playing regularly since beta/launch still be here? As for me? I’ve been playing since shortly after launch. I don’t think necro is all that broken, to the point where it is utterly useless in PvE/PvP/WvW.

Ever consider that the lacks of passive damage mitigation/stability (i.e. blocks, evades, invulnerable, etc.) were not put into necro on purpose? Not having those things makes it so it requires a very different play style. One that relies on team coordination and applying pressure. It makes it very different than playing an ele, a mesmer, warrior or thief. And it’s not just limited to class mechanic. (which to me, having so many classes basically able to do all the same things, but having a different mechanic seem a bit gimicky)

If supported right, a necro can do some serious damage. I was playing my guardian, and had a necro friend in WvW. 2 of us took out a blob of 5, then a blob of 7 immediately afterward. We wiped the first blob, and took out all but 2 of the second. These were not uplevels, and a known guild group.
I played support/cleric/healing guardian, he played power/well necro.

“But thats anedoctal!”
True, but it shows what a necro can do if supported properly. Trying to go head to head, or even into the middle of the frey is asking to die. Stay on the side tossing AoE bombs from afar and watch what can happen….

recognize my command!”

in PvP

Sagat.3285

Creating a class that relies on others to create a safe net for you with current MMR and rank issues was a great move,it’s basically saying play necro only in premades,your WvW example proves it. I learned positioning day 1 of necro, the current necro is lesser version of pve boss with reverse mana a tank that you cannot heal while he’s tanking unless you are in premade or have luck. We got different meaning of a good class,sure I still play it because I like part of it but it doesn’t seem like you do and are trying to be a white knight.

Nothing here is speculation,the lacking concept of necro is real, necro’s weakness was supposed to be low mobility and boon generation,not an attached aggro magnet even the noobs will follow,“Oh ah more HP to take down”.

The Dhuumfire thread

(edited by Sagat.3285)

in PvP

pdavis.8031

Creating a class that relies on others to create a safe net for you with current MMR and rank issues was a great move,it’s basically saying play necro only in premades,your WvW example proves it. I learned positioning day 1 of necro, the current necro is lesser version of pve boss with reverse mana a tank that you cannot heal while he’s tanking unless you are in premade or have luck. We got different meaning of a good class,sure I still play it because I like part of it but it doesn’t seem like you do and are trying to be a white knight.

Nothing here is speculation,the lacking concept of necro is real, necro’s weakness was supposed to be low mobility and boon generation,not an attached aggro magnet even the noobs will follow,“Oh ah more HP to take down”.

I love my necro, and play it more than any other profession in PvP. And not always in premade teams.

But just because the players tend to take necros in head to head, or that players have chosen to target the necro to get it out of their hair, so they don’t have to worry about it, isn’t Anets doing. You can argue that because it was designed this way, that it forces such tactics. The same way that a player controlled TP, where the players alone set the buy/sell prices is controled by Anet because of the loot tables and RNG. It doesn’t really hold up. Also for the Meta. Players came up with it, Anet didn’t.

I just don’t think that it is as bad as people are making it out to be is all. Call it being a white knight, or whatever, but when many people are playing necro successfuly, and having fun with it and don’t feel that it is way underpowered, than that tells me that it’s not really in a terrible place.

recognize my command!”

in PvP

Sagat.3285

It’s nice that you are having fun and receiving the good end of RNG, I’m not a pro of removal of the class just others and I see it differently many times as an insult. This is not one of the best threads to explain this one more time but they will keep happening because the cause exists. It seems they got money on their mind right now, so we will see what happens and how benevolent they are.

I do disagree with them not making it intended or they would have changed it.

The Dhuumfire thread

in PvP

Posted by: nightwulf.1986

nightwulf.1986

There is some crazy hyperbole being thrown around here. Remove necros from the game? That’s insane. No one will take that seriously. The better idea would be to remove all the other classes from the game. “Necro Wars 2” Boom. Everyone is happy.

in PvP

Posted by: Tissitra.4153

Tissitra.4153

There is some crazy hyperbole being thrown around here. Remove necros from the game? That’s insane. No one will take that seriously. The better idea would be to remove all the other classes from the game. “Necro Wars 2” Boom. Everyone is happy.

Necromancers have without doubt received the least attention of all classes since release and are in my opinion currently in the worst spot. The bandaid that was Dumbfire backfired and led to them essentially being left behind, while all other classes developed in some meaningful way. This might not be that noticable if you have not followed the course of the game from release, but is painfully clear if you did.

The issue for me is: I think this is highly unlikely to change in the foreseeable future. The argument will be that with the introduction of the revenant, there are more than enough balancing issues to deal with as is. Seeing as this is unfair to new players that might be rolling and leveling a necro, you might as well say: ‘The arrival of the revenant has made necromancers obsolete and we will be phasing out this class, compensating every necromancer player with a revenant of the same level.’ I mean I understand that this will never happen, but hopefully such lines of thought might bring more attention to the state the class is currently in.

in PvP

Jelzouki.4128

Necromancers have without doubt received the least attention of all classes since release and are in my opinion currently in the worst spot. The bandaid that was Dumbfire backfired and led to them essentially being left behind, while all other classes developed in some meaningful way. This might not be that noticable if you have not followed the course of the game from release, but is painfully clear if you did.

The issue for me is: I think this is highly unlikely to change in the foreseeable future. The argument will be that with the introduction of the revenant, there are more than enough balancing issues to deal with as is. Seeing as this is unfair to new players that might be rolling and leveling a necro, you might as well say: ‘The arrival of the revenant has made necromancers obsolete and we will be phasing out this class, compensating every necromancer player with a revenant of the same level.’ I mean I understand that this will never happen, but hopefully such lines of thought might bring more attention to the state the class is currently in.

There HAS to be a game changer for necromancers when HoT hits, everyone will just be running revenant and arena net is probably aware that having everyone roll one class will be stupid and unfun. I think they will bring more to the table for other classes. But who knowsbiy is arena net after all……..

Tl;Dr may be we are in for another “ele-pocalypse” (as quoted by one of the devs)

in PvP

Sabre.8627

There HAS to be a game changer for necromancers when HoT hits, everyone will just be running revenant and arena net is probably aware that having everyone roll one class will be stupid and unfun. I think they will bring more to the table for other classes. But who knowsbiy is arena net after all……..

Tl;Dr may be we are in for another “ele-pocalypse” (as quoted by one of the devs)

(here’s my wishful thinking)

There is a chance for this to be a good thing. I think there’s a chance that the Necro could possibly be a Counter to Revenant. They are both very similar in the way their condition game is played. (healing skills are similar, plague form is similar to demon stance elite, both get stronger in a way with more condi’s on them, etc.)

Revenant seems to be amazing at applying conditions and boons, but the necromancer has the ability to throw conditions right back onto you AND corrupt your boons(hopefully including resistance). Those are things other classes cannot do. Not only that, but we can also Epidemic a Revenant which will probably kitten over his team and himself, since they seem so reliant on gathering up as many condi’s as possible.
Not to mention Necro is tied with warrior for highest health pool in the game, which by itself is a big reason we do well against condition builds. (i’m assuming Rev will get the lower end of the health pool)

Basically, if Revenant is as OP as we all think it will be, it will be all over the metagame. If Necromancer is a perfect counter to it, we might inadvertently become wanted/needed and finally become a big part of the meta ???

in PvP

pdavis.8031

There is a chance for this to be a good thing. I think there’s a chance that the Necro could possibly be a Counter to Revenant. They are both very similar in the way their condition game is played. (healing skills are similar, plague form is similar to demon stance elite, both get stronger in a way with more condi’s on them, etc.)

Revenant seems to be amazing at applying conditions and boons, but the necromancer has the ability to throw conditions right back onto you AND corrupt your boons(hopefully including resistance). Those are things other classes cannot do. Not only that, but we can also Epidemic a Revenant which will probably kitten over his team and himself, since they seem so reliant on gathering up as many condi’s as possible.
Not to mention Necro is tied with warrior for highest health pool in the game, which by itself is a big reason we do well against condition builds. (i’m assuming Rev will get the lower end of the health pool)

Basically, if Revenant is as OP as we all think it will be, it will be all over the metagame. If Necromancer is a perfect counter to it, we might inadvertently become wanted/needed and finally become a big part of the meta ???

I am way ok with that!

Yeah I am sure a ton of people, if not almost everyone will be running revenant for quite awhile before moving back to their regular class. That almost makes me want to hold off on revenant for awhile, and start melting faces while everyone is learning to play it

But yeah, necro could very well be a hard counter to rev, which would be nice. But also I think the specializations will help necro alot. Which just the specializations might bring necro to the meta themselves. But I am excited to see whats coming.

recognize my command!”

in PvP

Sagat.3285

Lol traited necro is supposed to counter cele’s but it’s not the case in team fights, revenant will just add 1 boon to the already massive and fast generating pool and 2 cc’s laughing at our break stuns and slow cast time. With no change necro will just stay by his grave looking over the ranger’s pet, I will still play him tough…

The Dhuumfire thread

in PvP

Sabre.8627

I am way ok with that!

Yeah I am sure a ton of people, if not almost everyone will be running revenant for quite awhile before moving back to their regular class. That almost makes me want to hold off on revenant for awhile, and start melting faces while everyone is learning to play it

But yeah, necro could very well be a hard counter to rev, which would be nice. But also I think the specializations will help necro alot. Which just the specializations might bring necro to the meta themselves. But I am excited to see whats coming.

Yeah i’m with you, I hope the specialization adds a lot for us. I’d much rather see the necro get its own role in the meta, rather than being there only to keep another class from doing so.