Please let us queue from open world

in PvP

Posted by: Errant.1509

Errant.1509

I get that you don’t want absolute noobs to get “confused” by the difficult concept of different equipment sets for PvP & PvE but the 5+ min queue times with nothing to do but sit in HoTM are unbearable. Let us queue from the open world (make it an option in settings that’s off by default or something) so we can at least do hearts n kitten while we wait.

in PvP

Posted by: Diva.1476

Diva.1476

I feel your pain. Made this today, it might help you too lols

http://youtu.be/5NBDc48fyeo

in PvP

Errant.1509

For the love of all that is good, please let us queue from open world.

in PvP

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

Don’t really ever see anyone against this. Arena net please….

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

in PvP

Errant.1509

8 min queues with nothing to do are painful =(

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Truthbearer.9708

Truthbearer.9708

That, and a ranked soloqueue would be nice.

in PvP

Errant.1509

From 5 mins ago =(

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Lumines.3916

Lumines.3916

this topic deserves more attention~

in PvP

Posted by: ArrDee.2573

ArrDee.2573

It’s not allowed because you might get dishonor while in a loading screen when the queue pops, even though there is no dishonor feature enabled! #anetlogic

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis <-It’s back!

in PvP

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

Anet should allow those with non-uber-slow computer to queue anywhere after passing a benchmark test.

Alternatively, anet could let players put a 100G Deposit down before Q’ing outside the mist. If you don’t load in time. Deposit goes bye bye.

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Ye its the main reason i dont play so much anymore (apart from real life stuff). December patch of doom

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Errant.1509

It’s not allowed because you might get dishonor while in a loading screen when the queue pops, even though there is no dishonor feature enabled! #anetlogic

Wahoo! Bye frands!

Put a checkbox option on the PvP menu: “Allow queueing from outside the mists”
E z p z.

in PvP

Posted by: Acrisor.8097

Acrisor.8097

The strange thing here is that ArenaNet does not allow queue even from Royal Terrace or Captain Airship and they expect players to actually buy these.

This is my feedback: I want to buy those pass-es, but there is no reason for doing it, because it is not “for those who enjoy the ultimate convenience”, it is for those who want more loading screens and more waiting in queue.

in PvP

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

Wahoo! Bye frands!

Evan Lesh (PvP Gameplay programmer) specifically told me the reason is because people might miss their queue pop while in a loading screen.

On another note, what’s 60 extra seconds before a match starts compared to an 8 minute queue in the mist doing nothing at all.

If anything it will promote using the ready up button.

You know? The button that absolutely nobody ever presses.

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Wahoo! Bye frands!

That was their excuse before. Now it’s somewhere along the lines of…. it’s too hard to implement thanks to the nature of the new UI.

I like the new UI and all but it can be an inconvenience compared to the old “queue and roam” system like before. Inconvenience is not worth the eye candy

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

in PvP

Errant.1509

I’d be perfectly willing to check off an an options box (or purchase a gem store item) that gives me the option to queue from the open world and acknowledges that I may miss my queues due to loading screens

in PvP

Posted by: sunnypsyop.3025

sunnypsyop.3025

I’d be happy if I could just kitten around in hotjoins while waiting for Q pop, as it stands now I just afk half the time and listen for the sound it makes when the Q screen pops up. :/

GF Left Me Cos Of Ladderboards [WTF]
:: |SPvP | Rev | Engi | ::

in PvP

Posted by: Ravenmoon.5318

Ravenmoon.5318

Queuing from open world increases the chances of people pressing Cancel if they are in the middle of a boss fight. The system beings like this makes it more accurate.

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Queuing from open world increases the chances of people pressing Cancel if they are in the middle of a boss fight. The system beings like this makes it more accurate.

Not really.

Having to afk in the hotm means ppl miss queue pops becsuse they get bored and leave their pc.

In addition there should be dishonor for not accepting and this resolves the issue.

Honestly they fixed some 4v5 games and the cure is about 1000 times worse than the disease ever was. No wonder the game is dying with their amazing 6 esports teams

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Solaxo.7409

Solaxo.7409

Or at least queue from guild halls when they are live!

The lobby is ok, just a little drab looking compared to other zones. Throw in some more colors/lighting and that could spice it up a bit.

Keep up the great work!

Solaxo | [MF] Malum Factum – Officer
www.malumfactum.com
Yak’s Bend

in PvP

Posted by: Ravenmoon.5318

Ravenmoon.5318

Not really.

Having to afk in the hotm means ppl miss queue pops becsuse they get bored and leave their pc.

In addition there should be dishonor for not accepting and this resolves the issue.

Honestly they fixed some 4v5 games and the cure is about 1000 times worse than the disease ever was. No wonder the game is dying with their amazing 6 esports teams

You get the horn sound and the Gw2 client blinking even if you minimize the game. You have absolutely no excuse to miss the game. I agree, it should punish you for not accepting. But already kinda does. It kicks you out of the queue. So one scrub less. I think ANet has found some sort of golden balance – that is being fair to both parties. If you are that bored, go watch a youtube vid or something, the game will acknowledge when there is a match.

The real issue, that can’t be tackled with a mere software fix, is the lack of critical mass. ANet needs to popularize their sPvP. And IMO they are trying with the current tournament. Their tournaments brought life in WvW and I assume they are expecting the same thing to happen to spvp. I personally don’t think its going to be that easy. Especially for a mini lama. But yeah, I don’t have a better solution either so…