Please start involving the community

in PvP

Posted by: Tracker.6483

Tracker.6483

Thanks for your feedback guys. We’re definitely looking at solutions to this problem. There is a lot of work we have planned for PvP, it’s just a matter of prioritizing it all in a way we feel will most benefit the community.

It would be nice if the pvp community were given a choice as to what we want implemented first.

There seems to be a lot of ideas that people in these forums agree upon as to what needs to be implemented next to make pvp better. Some of these either get brushed aside by comments of prioritization from Arena Net, or not commented on at all.

You could really do the community and game a favor by involving us in the decision making process. Tell us what you have in the queue. We’ll tell you what’s missing, and give feedback on what and why something should be done sooner rather than later.

Also, providing a test server with patch notes a week before implementation for community testing and feedback would provide an invaluable service to us, and to the developers.

my2c

in PvP

Posted by: admiralnlson.2380

admiralnlson.2380

Actually they do prioritize based on the community’s feedback.

They’re currently implementing custom servers, which was apparently asked for by a decent amount of people a while back.

Problem is it’s not really what the game needs anymore.. Now sPvP desperately need more content (new maps, new modes) to hook some players again, since the vast majority of players have since then lost interest in sPvP. More “structure” wont attract many new players.

ANet probably can’t just stop working on custom arenas now though, as they have invested effort in them. They might as well finish..

(edited by admiralnlson.2380)

in PvP

Posted by: Tracker.6483

Tracker.6483

A more proactive and interactive dialog with ANET and the community would be nice.

(edited by Tracker.6483)

in PvP

Posted by: Gajarell.4370

Gajarell.4370

I do agree with spvp lacking incentive to play long term, but new game modes are a heavy development effort, something we, regular users, can’t really estimate easily.

One simple and direct way would be giving out pve-world-rewards for glory, this would reattract users to spend some time with spvp again. Although this may be more effective after some other pressing spvp issues are fixed (like a real ranking).

in PvP

Posted by: Aragiel.6132

Aragiel.6132

Every player has its own opinion on what the game is missing and whoud should be priority.

For some it is new map, new gamemode, ladder implementation, balance changes, spectator implementation, custom servers etc.
If you check this forum regulary you see all these as offten discussed topic and from that .. i dont think someone can do really conclusion what is needed most.

BUT – i totaly hate the fact that im blind and i do not know what the devs are working on right now, and what we can expect in upcoming month or two… I would like to know these short terms plans in advance…. – and i do not really care about long term plans, because frankly.. we speaking in years here and i was waiting for 5 years allready..

in PvP

Posted by: Kasama.8941

Kasama.8941

As admiralnlson mentioned; once you start working on something, it’s not a good idea to just leave it behind. It’s better to finish one thing first and then move on to something new. But I still don’t know why ArenaNet thought that renting servers were more important, then establishing a solid high end PvP community. A ladder system, observer mode, and steaming support, along with more maps, should have been highest priority in my opinion. ArenaNet should focus on making a strong foundation first, and then start building up from that. Right now sPvP is a bit of a mess..

80 Ranger | 80 Mesmer | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 40 Engineer
“The learned is happy, nature to explore. The fool is happy, that he knows no more.”
-Alexander Pope

in PvP

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

They won’t include community in process making. Why? Because quite frankly most of the ideas here are simply kitten And i hope it remains as it’s now.

in PvP

Posted by: Infinitus.3712

Infinitus.3712

They won’t include community in process making. Why? Because quite frankly most of the ideas here are simply kitten And i hope it remains as it’s now.

Really? i think some of the thoughts and general idea’s that have been put out by particulars on this forum have been great. Also at the moment yes arena net need to focus on the high end pvp, however there is no point for high tier pvp if the people on the lower tiers are not having fun for example hot join being a complete mess so new people to the game get fed up and bored with spvp, which in turn hurts the high end because at the end of the day what’s the point of holding a monthly/ yearly tourne when no one will watch it?

Infi TV- Engineer for Genesis Gaming [GG]
http://www.twitch.tv/infintitus
https://twitter.com/infinitustv -[Desolation EU]

in PvP

Posted by: Coffee.6394

Coffee.6394

my two cents on the current project:

we had custom servers on guild wars 1, as they are being described. they were guild hall scrims. ~sigh~ why would the community be put in a position to be made to pay for that (did the people in the office forget their mission statement)? it’s understandable that the devs wanted to make this game totally a different game, but it seems to me that they sacrificed a good deal that was solid, tried and true.

pve is epic. wvw is epic, now that things are balancing out a bit. ok, but looking at all this, i cannot help but think that the pvp players are getting all the crumbs from the table.

in PvP

Posted by: felivear.1536

felivear.1536

have you ever seen a comedian ask for suggestions from the audience? They ask for some sort of topic idea for their next bit. People start shouting ideas. Often the comedian selects one that s never shouted, but through the chaos most people don’t realize it. That’s the way I feel about anet listening to our suggestions:

The community: “Balance!” “More game types”. “Duels!” “More customization!”

Anet:“What’s that? Paid tournament you say? We’ll get right on that”

feLIVEar: Your resident forum king.