Port Changes Coming Tomorrow?

in PvP

Posted by: Firebird.8324

Firebird.8324

It’s funny how firebird is even commenting, he doesn’t really know pvp….. he follows crysis and just get ressed after eating everything possible and dodging afterwards. Anyways, this change is idiotic… just making cele and ranger even more powerful, along with making thief mes and guard less viable. Why have a thief? Because mobility and burst. Whats this doing? Limiting mobility basically making it even harder to play thief in already and aids/cancer cele meta…. GG anet once again you amaze me.

It’s funny because I’ve won more tournaments then you’ve been in. Played bunker guard too (so I’ve been the one rezzing crysis in the past) and I hope you can learn to do something other than spam dodge and hope sharks with lazers will reform and want you :P

Over Powered Necro [dk] (Bird of Fire)
One spam to rule them all!
Mains Power Necro for team Radioactive[dk]

in PvP

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

This would be a really, really awesome change.

Sure! Take away vertical attacks too. So longbow Rangers and power necros can’t sit on a ledge or roof and spam one. Because they take so much skill! It’s only fair!

They have to walk up they, they to not get an instant teleport to those locations. So your point is completely irrelevant and off topic. You should go make a thread on it.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in PvP

Posted by: OMNIBUS.2913

OMNIBUS.2913

Also, recall that these teleport spots are buggy to begin with and only accessible to a few classes, this Gives the classes an unfair advantage that they Should not have.

BECAUSE EVERYTHING WITHOUT THESE PORTS IS SUSTAINABLE.

But I give up now, this post is full of bads who have 10 hours in PvP and think they know everything. kitten it.

Responding by calling people bad instead of making actual rebut points just make you look bad tbh. Also if you think mesmer is going to suck after the blink change its a l2p issue for you… See what i did there? Same thing your doing…

in PvP

Posted by: glorius.1235

glorius.1235

Sure! Take away vertical attacks too. So longbow Rangers and power necros can’t sit on a ledge or roof and spam one. Because they take so much skill! It’s only fair!

They have to walk up they, they to not get an instant teleport to those locations. So your point is completely irrelevant and off topic. You should go make a thread on it.

That would put them in a state where Turret engies currently are regarding 1o1’s on point.
Do you really want that? Oh, wait…

IGN: Skúgg – currently on Far Shiverpeaks

in PvP

coglin.1867

That would put them in a state where Turret engies currently are regarding 1o1’s on point.
Do you really want that? Oh, wait…

Couldn’t care less, this thread is about teleportation skill. So your point is completely irrelevant and off topic. You should go make a thread on it.

That would be awesome, I think those port spots are bullkitten anyways

Broken record much?

Yes, these port spots give an advantage to thieves and mesmers, but it’s an advantage they really really need in a game mode where everything else has far more sustain and rangers outdo them for damage while popping their 2k range auto attack from a ledge.

So what if someone repeats they like when something is fixed? Folks make multiple complaints and arguments for their complaints in negative threads. No need to attack someone for being positive.

in PvP

Posted by: Bertrand.3057

Bertrand.3057

Right, not even sure why we need Mesmers now that Power Rangers have more damage, more range, more stability, more mobility, more evades, more invulnerability, more stealth, more armor, more interrupts… Anything I’m missing?

Now that Mesmers have to walk like Rangers being a Mesmer is MEANINGLESS.

More stability lol? More evade? More invulnerability? More stealth?
Not sure you’re talking about power ranger , or you’re mix up with condition ranger, or you just mix them all up and form an OP perfect spec?

Eurantien’s Power Ranger build: http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fNAQJATRjEq0wa/Kusw1ag9gadAUAndregdGMChwFbUVF-TpBFwACuAAIOCA12fIxhAoaZAAPAAA
Meta Shatter Mesmer: http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Mesmer_-_Double_Ranged_Shatter

Mesmers basically never slot stability, because if they did that is 2s of AoE stability on a ranged roamer class, which would be an absolute waste. That’s an automatic advantage to the Ranger since they have two decent options for stability.

Ranged Shatter Mesmers get extra evades from vigor, Eurantien’s Power Ranger gets evades from GS #1, GS #3, Lightning Reflexes, and vigor.

Power Ranger damage immunity is 6s on an 80s cooldown, Mesmers can theoretically get distortion for 8s over the same period but no one actually has 3 illusions to burn when they’re in panic mode.

Mesmers get decoy on 32s and if they slot mass invis they get that on a 90s rotation. LB#3 has a 9.5s cooldown on Eurantien’s build.

The invulnerability is maybe a stretch, but the rest holds true if we are talking about the most viable Shatter Mesmer vs. Power Ranger builds.

Talleyrand, Captain and Commander of the Bloody Pirates
Asura on patrol in defense of Gandara and Bessie!
Administrator of http://thisisgandara.com

(edited by Bertrand.3057)

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

What i find akward is how Anet is soooooo worried about nerfing thieves as much as possible while NEVER EVER BOTHERING FIXING TERRAIN/PORT BUG FOR EXAMPLE!!!! that gets thieves killed every time…. they had over 2 years to do something about but nooooooooooooooo let’s throw more nerfs at dead horse, really…

meanwhile we have the drool bots collecting wins by facerolling on dd eles, engis and shoutbow…..

yo Anet, your bias is showing

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

in PvP

Posted by: lollasaurus.1457

lollasaurus.1457

Haha yea why are thieves even allowed to teleport lulz 20/20 anet

in PvP

Posted by: Drennon.7190

Drennon.7190

Patch Notes:
All thief attacks have been removed.
-we feel thieves had an unfair advantage by attacking. All classes should be able to kill thief by pressing one. Due to a bug, some people were required to press 1 and 2.

Baer

in PvP

Posted by: Amonatory.2453

Amonatory.2453

It’s funny how firebird is even commenting, he doesn’t really know pvp….. he follows crysis and just get ressed after eating everything possible and dodging afterwards. Anyways, this change is idiotic… just making cele and ranger even more powerful, along with making thief mes and guard less viable. Why have a thief? Because mobility and burst. Whats this doing? Limiting mobility basically making it even harder to play thief in already and aids/cancer cele meta…. GG anet once again you amaze me.

It’s funny because I’ve won more tournaments then you’ve been in. Played bunker guard too (so I’ve been the one rezzing crysis in the past) and I hope you can learn to do something other than spam dodge and hope sharks with lazers will reform and want you :P

Hmm, you’ve been carried in more tournaments than me sure. But in general you are an awful player with awful opinions, maybe Cwysis can teach you how to play
PS: I play every thief spec

in PvP

OMNIBUS.2913

Quoting and replying to the comment that has some rightful salt in it due to listening to the continuous repeating of the same flat out wrong argument, instead of answering to the valid points others make doesn’t do you more good either.

Hypocrisy at its finest^ Plz elaborate whats wrong with any argument beyond just saying they are wrong. And who are you determine what rightful salt is? And why does rightful salt mean you don’t have to make any points and can call people bad?

in PvP

glorius.1235

Quoting and replying to the comment that has some rightful salt in it due to listening to the continuous repeating of the same flat out wrong argument, instead of answering to the valid points others make doesn’t do you more good either.

Hypocrisy at its finest^ Plz elaborate whats wrong with any argument beyond just saying they are wrong. And who are you determine what rightful salt is? And why does rightful salt mean you don’t have to make any points and can call people bad?

It’s been explained several times even in this very thread how teleport skills the way they are functioning as of now are an absolute necessity for certain classes to survive.
If you don’t know what’s wrong with the argument that keeps tossing this quite important point away, you either:
A.) pretend you don’t understand it
B.) overlook it
C.) actually don’t get the point

None of the aboves mean that me or anyone else explaining it the X+1’th time will make any significant results.

Rightful salt regarding listening to the same wrong argument again and again. Please, read what I wrote above.

I’ve made several points in my previous post. You are yet to nullify them.

(edited by glorius.1235)

in PvP

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Right, not even sure why we need Mesmers now that Power Rangers have more damage, more range, more stability, more mobility, more evades, more invulnerability, more stealth, more armor, more interrupts… Anything I’m missing?

Now that Mesmers have to walk like Rangers being a Mesmer is MEANINGLESS.

More stability lol? More evade? More invulnerability? More stealth?
Not sure you’re talking about power ranger , or you’re mix up with condition ranger, or you just mix them all up and form an OP perfect spec?

Eurantien’s Power Ranger build: http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fNAQJATRjEq0wa/Kusw1ag9gadAUAndregdGMChwFbUVF-TpBFwACuAAIOCA12fIxhAoaZAAPAAA
Meta Shatter Mesmer: http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Mesmer_-_Double_Ranged_Shatter

Mesmers basically never slot stability, because if they did that is 2s of AoE stability on a ranged roamer class, which would be an absolute waste. That’s an automatic advantage to the Ranger since they have two decent options for stability.

Ranged Shatter Mesmers get extra evades from vigor, Eurantien’s Power Ranger gets evades from GS #1, GS #3, Lightning Reflexes, and vigor.

Power Ranger damage immunity is 6s on an 80s cooldown, Mesmers can theoretically get distortion for 8s over the same period but no one actually has 3 illusions to burn when they’re in panic mode.

Mesmers get decoy on 32s and if they slot mass invis they get that on a 90s rotation. LB#3 has a 9.5s cooldown on Eurantien’s build.

The invulnerability is maybe a stretch, but the rest holds true if we are talking about the most viable Shatter Mesmer vs. Power Ranger builds.

Haha, that build is the most risky build of all the zerker specs. I play exactly the same build during WvW roaming, and it’s an all or nothing build. You got exactly ONE cleanse, and ONE oh-kitten bottom. Plus your stunbreak is tied to your condition removal so you absolutely couldn’t waste it. The stability has a wooping 120 cd, that can easily be stolen by thief or corrupted by necro, and even got removed from mesmer or even guardian. (Burning remove boon trait).

Evade spam? You need your GS first 2 hits chain to land in order to evade. It’s not on demand evade, so it’s not even a reliable evade. Block is even more tricky. If you block a mesmer’s phantasm, your block will not only be canceled with retaliation, you also take damage too. Your pet’s CC is your only means of survival against any burst and condition spec.

Stealth spam? Your arrow need to hit, and you can be blinded/ blocked/ dodged and your stealth will fail.

It is one of the most unforgiving zerker build, requires high skill level and good team coverage to make it remotely successful.

Seriously, go try that build yourself in a solo que situation and see how successful you can be. Seriously, I play that build forever, I know way more about that build than you.
I’m surprised that build can reach to the top with the help of best team coverage.

(edited by Aomine.5012)

in PvP

Drennon.7190

Glorious, people seem to think that we’re upset because we want to instadown people on ledges. Wrong. All other classes have a way to negative damage. Death shroud, shouts, signet of stone, invulnerability. These keep people alive in a fight. The thief and Mesmer use stealth and teleports. Cleave wrecks stealth and now our ports are being taken away. Thief and Mesmer will drop to trash tier, unless we receive some form of survival compensation.

Baer

in PvP

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

there’s really no point to argue, these spots give classes like thief and mesmer an advantage over other classes.

when abused like with s/d thief, in a team fight, it’s no where easier to kill nor to focus compare to cele shoutheal or engi. in fact, you probably better off just focus the shoutheal or engi instead..

and these classes shouldn’t be balanced around abusing exploits in the first place.
thief will still be the best roamer for it’s reliable boon strip and auto pilot blink bursts anyway and be the superior zerker with med guard and shatter mes, if you have been in KoTH, and power ranger..

also builds like DD ele should never ever get to use such exploit…

in PvP

OMNIBUS.2913

It’s been explained several times even in this very thread how teleport skills the way they are functioning as of now are an absolute necessity for certain classes to survive.
If you don’t know what’s wrong with the argument that keeps tossing this quite important point away, you either:
A.) pretend you don’t understand it
B.) overlook it
C.) actually don’t get the point

None of the aboves mean that me or anyone else explaining it the X+1 times will make any significant results.

Rightful salt regarding listening to the same wrong argument again and again. Please, read what I wrote above.

I’ve made several points in my previous post. You are yet to nnullify them.

I’ve made several points too in which you have not responded to(hypocrisy!). Blink on mesmer is not only a way to survive but basically its gg vs anyone who also has no stealth, invuln or blocks becuase their AI keeps pummeling away. It needs to go… Plz tell me how do i fight mesmer that I can’t hit 80% of the time becuase he is either stealthed, blocking, invuln, blinked to some location i cant los, interuppted me or moa’s me(by the tiem all these things are done and recharging my ds is gone and im at low health cause my only option is to try to run away or die). All while the AI constantly hits me…… How does necro fight and beat this? Rhetorical question pretty much cause you cant beat what you cant hit but i’ll wait and see what you have to say.

Cleave only wrecks stealthed thieves btw^ mesmers can ranged. And death shroud can’t be compared to an invuln that negates everything. Ds drains which means you can reset the fight and come back after the life force is goign down or gone. And you can play ping pong ball on necro which has no access to its utilities in ds

(edited by OMNIBUS.2913)

in PvP

glorius.1235

there’s really no point to argue, these spots give classes like thief and mesmer an advantage over other classes.

whilest a cele bruiser can heal from a full burst from the very classes you mentioned in seconds and can do it again and again.
I can’t talk about thieves, but mesmer’s strength always lied in pulling off those juke moves (ports) to avoid incoming burst. Having no gap openers on our weapon sets, it was one of the only nietzshe solutions.

Just watch Helseth kiting like a beast with Staff. That is gone. Now if a melee burst class catches up to you it’s game over for sure. Don’t even get me started on LB rangers.
Or even a celestial bruiser for that matter cause you don’t have the sustain it’d take to wear it down.

(edited by glorius.1235)

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

I heard that this rumour was Bs and fake

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Highlie.7641

Highlie.7641

Too good to be true. Errors will be made imo and they will do someting stupid. Usually when they do deserved nerfs which change the game they screw it up by “compensating” with massive buffs. Like when they tried to nerf initative and in fact buffed it massively.

Are you drunk?
It was a MINOR buff to one wpn set (p/d), the rest where nerfs do try to get your facts in order before screaming teefs OP,

And you wonder why there are only a handful of “top teams” Why bother learning basic mechanics when you can alt tab post backhanded comments and have arena net carry you to victory.

in PvP

glorius.1235

I’ve made several points too in which you have not responded to(hypocrisy!). Blink on mesmer is not only a way to survive but basically its gg vs anyone who also has no stealth, invuln or blocks becuase their AI keeps pummeling away. It needs to go… Plz tell me how do i fight mesmer that I can’t hit 80% of the time becuase he is either stealthed, blocking, invuln, blinked to some location i cant los, interuppted me or moa’s me(by the tiem all these things are done and recharging my ds is gone and im at low health cause my only option is to try to run away or die). All while the AI constantly hits me…… How does necro fight and beat this? Rhetorical question pretty much cause you cant beat what you cant hit but i’ll wait and see what you have to say.

I’m assuming based on this post, that you are playing condi necro.
Mesmer is the weakest zerker when it comes to condi pressure, having 0 condi cleanse so not sure how you have problems with that. Without DS it is quite difficult (an everstanding necro issue regarding every class), but with decent LF bar, it is a stomp.

close the gap while AA’ing and thus building up condi pressure, use chill if trying to kite
force out the juke >> wurm next to him
(SoS if you run it) >> DP >> Fear chain >> gg no re

as for avoiding AI, dodge iZerker, it’s not rocket science

this is horribly oversimplyfied, but I honestly don’t understand how can you have difficulties on a condi spike class with a high natural health pool against a zerker class with low base health pool and 0 cleanses.

(edited by glorius.1235)

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

Too good to be true. Errors will be made imo and they will do someting stupid. Usually when they do deserved nerfs which change the game they screw it up by “compensating” with massive buffs. Like when they tried to nerf initative and in fact buffed it massively.

Are you drunk?
It was a MINOR buff to one wpn set (p/d), the rest where nerfs do try to get your facts in order before screaming teefs OP,

And you wonder why there are only a handful of “top teams” Why bother learning basic mechanics when you can alt tab post backhanded comments and have arena net carry you to victory.

Bro, how can you moan about balance as a thief. Even if thief was made to be average (doubtful) then you have still had 3 yrs as probably always one of the best classes. At no point have teams not wanted thieves. Give some other classes a chance to be op for once and if you are good u will make ur class work no matter what

in PvP

Posted by: SimpleKingly.5021

SimpleKingly.5021

Are you drunk?

Bro, how can you moan about balance as a thief. Even if thief was made to be average (doubtful) then you have still had 3 yrs as probably always one of the best classes. At no point have teams not wanted thieves. Give some other classes a chance to be op for once and if you are good u will make ur class work no matter what

Wut? Thieves have never been OP, thats why the class has the most noticeable bads. Yes most TOP teams have thieves, because it’s high skill cap against other high skill capped players is good, but it takes a LONG time to become a thief that top players would even consider.. Nothing about thief is OP.

Lowjin is my stripper name ;)
www.Twitch.tv/kreepingg

in PvP

Cynz.9437

Are you drunk?

balance should never be based on what was OP in past years or not…. besides thieves were hardly OP, they just were really good at one (and only role) they could fill

also it is plain lie to say that no team at no point didn’t want thieves, there were quite few teams in various tourneys that didn’t run thieves…

All is Vain~

in PvP

coglin.1867

All of this specific class bashing is off topic and irrelevant. It is perfectly reasonable to remove the ability, to exploit and bypass terrain. The discussion has been made, it is going to happen. What unusual path of logic makes anyone think that attacking specific professions or crying OP will change this needed fix?

in PvP

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

There are spots that give classes with movement skills like rocket boots, jump shot, etc an advantage over other classes.

There are spots that give ranger/engy an advantage over other classes because they have 1500 range (“1500” in the case of ranger).

I know lets make all classes exactly the same then no one will have any advantage over anyone else…

But anyway back to the actual topic, all I have to say is, fortunately mesmer has always been a default pick in teams due to being hugely OP, even to the point of doubling up like d/d ele, hambow warriors in the past, etc, so they can afford to have their awesome survivability nerfed to bring them down to earth, plus of course reducing the skill cap in a game is always a good thing. /sarcasm

(edited by zinkz.7045)

in PvP

Cynz.9437

All of this specific class bashing is off topic and irrelevant. It is perfectly reasonable to remove the ability, to exploit and bypass terrain. The discussion has been made, it is going to happen. What unusual path of logic makes anyone think that attacking specific professions or crying OP will change this needed fix?

the fact that bugs that killed that specific class since launch weren’t ever adressed but this supposed “bug” has huge impact on viability of certain classes (mes/thieves)

All is Vain~

(edited by Cynz.9437)

in PvP

OMNIBUS.2913

Mesmer is the weakest zerker when it comes to condi pressure, having 0 condi cleanse so not sure how you have problems with that. Without DS it is quite difficult (an everstanding necro issue regarding every class), but with decent LF bar, it is a stomp.

close the gap while AA’ing and thus building up condi pressure, use chill if trying to kite

this is horribly oversimplyfied, but I honestly don’t understand how can you have difficulties on a condi spike class against a class with low base health pool and 0 cleanses.

How do you stack condi or auto attack on an invis, invuln, blocking, los target or while interrupted/moa? Every time i try to sos, chill or doom gues who i cant hit because of one of the above?(yet AI is still hitting me) When all his stuff is finally out and i have an oppurnity I’m nearly dead becuase of AI or im running away trying to live from AI damage since necros cant stealth, invuln or dodge a lot. Lets not forgot necros gap closer needs LOS so if you blink to some upper lvl your strategy is alrdy countered. And mesmers do bring condi remove usually mantra of resolve when im facing them. The only way i ever beat good mesmers now is by surprise attack before they can start stealthing, going invuln or los me.

(edited by OMNIBUS.2913)

in PvP

Posted by: Ignorant.6098

Ignorant.6098

God, all I hear on this forum is [Blank] is stronger than [Blank], What the hell is this WoW? Thief arent hurt nearly as bad as you make it seem. About the only qq worth qqing about is how everyone runs cele builds and how all the 4 final teams had at least 3 cele builds. Only 1 ranger. Like no Mes. If youre going to complain stop crying “I suck and blank beats me” there are bigger issues with this games pvp atm.

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

Are you drunk?

balance should never be based on what was OP in past years or not…. besides thieves were hardly OP, they just were really good at one (and only role) they could fill

also it is plain lie to say that no team at no point didn’t want thieves, there were quite few teams in various tourneys that didn’t run thieves…

Yes they were and still are op. Cant even count the number of times when pugging we wud be wanting a thief to round out our roster.

And it is only fair that balance rotates. No sympathy for people who just want to keep their op stuff. I think alot of ppl overrate their own skill with no factual evidence to back it up. Then if their op class gets nerfed they will find it hard, not because their classmis suddenly underpowered but because they were being carried by their class previously.

in PvP

Drennon.7190

Inb4 venomshare buff

Baer

in PvP

Cynz.9437

Are you drunk?

Yes they were and still are op. Cant even count the number of times when pugging we wud be wanting a thief to round out our roster.

And it is only fair that balance rotates. No sympathy for people who just want to keep their op stuff. I think alot of ppl overrate their own skill with no factual evidence to back it up. Then if their op class gets nerfed they will find it hard, not because their classmis suddenly underpowered but because they were being carried by their class previously.

How many games does it take to learn how to play thief vs ok team?
How many games does it take to learn how to play turret engi or dd ele vs ok team?

What is sooooooo OP about thieves, explain me?

As far as “roster” goes, you don’t want any thief.. you want an amazing thief on your team but any ok ele, engi or shoutbow will do. Why that?

All is Vain~

in PvP

Posted by: SimpleKingly.5021

SimpleKingly.5021

Inb4 mesmer clones are removed

Lowjin is my stripper name ;)
www.Twitch.tv/kreepingg

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

this is horribly oversimplyfied, but I honestly don’t understand how can you have difficulties on a condi spike class against a class with low base health pool and 0 cleanses.

How do you stack condi or auto attack on an invis, invuln, blocking, los target or while interrupted/moa? Every time i try to sos, chill or doom gues who i cant hit because of one of the above?(yet AI is still hitting me) When all his stuff is finally out and i have an oppurnity I’m nearly dead becuase of AI or im running away trying to live from AI damage since necros cant stealth, invuln or dodge a lot. Lets not forgot necros gap closer needs LOS so if you blink to some upper lvl your strategy is alrdy countered. And mesmers do bring condi remove usually mantra of resolve when im facing them. The only way i ever beat good mesmers now is by surprise attack before they can start stealthing and going invuln.

Imo discussing necro 1v1 balance is pointless. It can be summarised as if you have anton of lf you can beat anything possibly and with no lf you are the worst class in the history of the game. As a result necro is very dependent on ur team mates. If you have to survive in deathshroud for longer in a team fight because your teammates missed their pin down or grenade barrage or immobalise then that snowballs into you having less lf for the rest of the game

in PvP

Posted by: SobeSoul.6910

SobeSoul.6910

Thief is hard to play? Since when?

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

Are you drunk?

How many games does it take to learn how to play turret engi or dd ele vs ok team?

As far as “roster” goes, you don’t want any thief.. you want an amazing thief on your team but any ok ele, engi or shoutbow will do. Why that?

Well thief can have an impact just by existing. It changes how the other team have to play.

thieves who cant fight for kitten have won games just by decapping

in PvP

OMNIBUS.2913

Imo discussing necro 1v1 balance is pointless. It can be summarised as if you have anton of lf you can beat anything possibly and with no lf you are the worst class in the history of the game. As a result necro is very dependent on ur team mates. If you have to survive in deathshroud for longer in a team fight because your teammates missed their pin down or grenade barrage or immobalise then that snowballs into you having less lf for the rest of the game[/quote]

I agree with everything except mesmer can still beat necro even with deathshroud if they abuse their blink, AI and los you.

in PvP

Firebird.8324

Hmm, you’ve been carried in more tournaments than me sure. But in general you are an awful player with awful opinions, maybe Cwysis can teach you how to play

LOL all you can say is that im awful and being carried? God a five year old could hit harder than you. Look I know im the best power necro in NA and you are some thief that is lower and will always be lower than any other thief I can think of, caed toker aerox muffinz, I don’t even think of You when I think of thief, but everyone thinks of me when they think of power necro

Now get with your think-tank of schizophrenic generated buddies and impress me

Attachments:

(edited by Firebird.8324)

in PvP

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

Those ‘portable’ ledges/places are realistically really hard to balance, and some of the really good ones are relatively hard to spot. They provide an enormous positional advantage to those professions that have a teleport skill, simply undeserved in many cases. We shall see whether it’s a good choise to remove them entirely or not.
Shadow Shot, Phase Retreat, Infiltrator’s Strike and Infiltrator’s Arrow (maybe among others) are the biggest offenders, I would have tried balancing those first, but whatever.

But oh well, this just indirectly buffs kittened engies, which is never a good thing.

in PvP

Posted by: Kirchhoff.5876

Kirchhoff.5876

inb4 mesmer removed from the game.

in PvP

Drennon.7190

LOL someone is a little overconfident. Keep stroking your kitten and think that spamming claws is skill.

Baer

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

Are you drunk?

It is surely harder to play a profession that freely surf on the snowball wave rather than the profession that tries to negate the snowball effect from happening

in PvP

Posted by: SkylightMoon.1980

SkylightMoon.1980

This is so much bullkitten. Its a stupid nerf. To mesmer, a class that already takes a lot of skill when it comes to survivability, this is just such a hard hit. To give nothing in return as well is pretty stupid.

in PvP

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

This is so much bullkitten. Its a stupid nerf. To mesmer, a class that already takes a lot of skill when it comes to survivability, this is just such a hard hit. To give nothing in return as well is pretty stupid.

So you’re saying you can win Forest or Foefire without terrians exploitation, but you suddenly can’t compete anymore when playing Kyhlo or Silent Storm without terrians exploitation?

Hmmm… Maybe that’s why I always avoid picking Kyhlo in map selection screen.

in PvP

Firebird.8324

Much earlier in the game, on the Legacy of Foefire, a thief could use shortbow to teleport through the gates instead of breaking them down. Then with thieves guild they could solo the lord, they fixed this and it made the game better

in PvP

Posted by: SobeSoul.6910

SobeSoul.6910

LOL all you can say is that im awful and being carried? God a five year old could hit harder than you. Look I know im the best power necro in NA and you are some thief that is lower and will always be lower than any other thief I can think of, caed toker aerox muffinz, I don’t even think of You when I think of thief, but everyone thinks of me when they think of power necro

Think of Zombify when I think of good power necros. He didn’t have his brother running around ressing him in his heyday.

(edited by SobeSoul.6910)

in PvP

Drennon.7190

Much earlier in the game, on the Legacy of Foefire, a thief could use shortbow to teleport through the gates instead of breaking them down. Then with thieves guild they could solo the lord, they fixed this and it made the game better

Come on man.. You can’t be this dense. We’re not arguing for cheap kills. We’re arguing because our survivability is poor. This teleports help keeps us ALIVE. I couldn’t give a kitten less about using them for kills. “Well stop running zerker LUL!” Sure, give me an amulet worth using in conquest for thief, other than zerker.

Baer

in PvP

Firebird.8324

Think of Zombify when I think of good power necros. He didn’t have his brother running around ressing in his heyday.

I would argue with you but tbh I haven’t the slightest idea who you are, did I grind your solo queue into the ground one day and you thought this was a good opportunity to get back at me or something?

in PvP

Posted by: blakdoxa.7520

blakdoxa.7520

I think people need to understand thieves and mesmers situations a little better. Basically, their meta is composed of one-trick pony a.k.a. gimmick builds. Their only outlets are condi burst or power burst. Stealth and teleport skills/utilities are there to only bolster what little sustain they have really.

Once anet realizes the pvp populations for mesmer and thief have dropped off there’s no saving them having to wait 6 months a balance patch.

Even though both class can be annoying, honestly, their gimmicks are the only thing keeping them in the current meta.

Devona’s Rest

in PvP

Drennon.7190

I think people need to understand thieves and mesmers situations a little better. Basically, their meta is composed of one-trick pony a.k.a. gimmick builds. Their only outlets are condi burst or power burst. Stealth and teleport skills/utilities are there to only bolster what little sustain they have really.

Once anet realizes the pvp populations for mesmer and thief have dropped off there’s no saving them having to wait 6 months a balance patch.

Even though both class can be annoying, honestly, their gimmicks are the only thing keeping them in the current meta.

This 100%

Baer

in PvP

Firebird.8324

Come on man.. You can’t be this dense. We’re not arguing for cheap kills. We’re arguing because our survivability is poor. This teleports help keeps us ALIVE. I couldn’t give a kitten less about using them for kills. “Well stop running zerker LUL!” Sure, give me an amulet worth using in conquest for thief, other than zerker.

You sir (or lady) have a solid point, my argue does not hinge on survivability. When it comes to a thief dying it is typically due to a high AOE burst that they happen to be in the middle of by accident. In this situation teleport or not will make no difference. When a thief or mesmer NEEDS to get away there is this built in mechanic called “stealth” that actually renders them Invisible! Now, with Crazy mobility, Stealth, and dodges for days, do thieves REALLY need to be able to teleport up to a spot that makes them IMPOSSIBLE to get to instantaneously?