Port Changes Coming Tomorrow?

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

I will wait to see how this plays out, but if this nerfs thieves ability to port and abuse LOS/vertical locations in a lot of places, then it is a net positive. Even though it also hurts eles (esp. dps ele) and mesmers, if it takes thieves down a peg and makes them less prevalent, it is a net positive for the game. Contrary to what many here think, cele doesn’t dominate b/c nothing else is strong, cele dominates b/c it has enough sustain to 1v1 thieves and thieves invalidate every other (non-medi guard) zerker build. Its the most damaging class to build variety in the game. If that is nerfed a bit, great. However, I think they will still remain paramount and dominate zerker fights.

in PvP

Posted by: SkylightMoon.1980

SkylightMoon.1980

This is so much bullkitten. Its a stupid nerf. To mesmer, a class that already takes a lot of skill when it comes to survivability, this is just such a hard hit. To give nothing in return as well is pretty stupid.

So you’re saying you can win Forest or Foefire without terrians exploitation, but you suddenly can’t compete anymore when playing Kyhlo or Silent Storm without terrians exploitation?

Hmmm… Maybe that’s why I always avoid picking Kyhlo in map selection screen.

Where the hell did you get that from in my post? I’ll easily kill you on any map lol. And they arn’t exploits. Theyve been around for almost 3 years, im pretty sure the devs would have said something otherwise. There are blink spots on every map in case you didnt know. Especially kyhlo and silent storm lol which is why its so stupid that you mention those two.

in PvP

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

This is so much bullkitten. Its a stupid nerf. To mesmer, a class that already takes a lot of skill when it comes to survivability, this is just such a hard hit. To give nothing in return as well is pretty stupid.

So you’re saying you can win Forest or Foefire without terrians exploitation, but you suddenly can’t compete anymore when playing Kyhlo or Silent Storm without terrians exploitation?

Where the hell did you get that from in my post? I’ll easily kill you on any map lol. And they arn’t exploits. Theyve been around for almost 3 years, im pretty sure the devs would have said something otherwise. There are blink spots on every map in case you didnt know. Especially kyhlo and silent storm lol which is why its so stupid that you mention those two.

So basically you confirm your status as mesmer is fine
(Wow, I got pwned by you everywhere, you’re so strong, clearly you don’t need buff to compensate)
You don’t need that exploitation to win the game. (clap)

I mentioned those 2 maps only because it’s 2 of the most abusive ones because the difference of the distance is huge. If it’s not an exploit, Anet wouldn’t have fixed it lol.
The definition of exploit is define by Anet, not you. Keep on crying, Anet usually doesn’t revert their changes.

(edited by Aomine.5012)

in PvP

Posted by: Firebird.8324

Firebird.8324

Lightning whip stow is considered an exploit and it was around for 3 years

Over Powered Necro [dk] (Bird of Fire)
One spam to rule them all!
Mains Power Necro for team Radioactive[dk]

in PvP

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Lightning whip stow is considered an exploit and it was around for 3 years

Are you suggesting you support it simply so your preferred profession can have an exploit? It is probably best for everyone if you put game balance over your own personal needs. Something tells me your not that type though, or you would have made that argument as an example.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in PvP

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

building momentum was “bugged” since release and they fixed the bug like few months ago.

and it was never considered op by anyone (most people don’t even know this trait exist) and strength line wasnt even used

sad sad day

in PvP

Posted by: Amonatory.2453

Amonatory.2453

It’s funny how firebird is even commenting, he doesn’t really know pvp….. he follows crysis and just get ressed after eating everything possible and dodging afterwards. Anyways, this change is idiotic… just making cele and ranger even more powerful, along with making thief mes and guard less viable. Why have a thief? Because mobility and burst. Whats this doing? Limiting mobility basically making it even harder to play thief in already and aids/cancer cele meta…. GG anet once again you amaze me.

It’s funny because I’ve won more tournaments then you’ve been in. Played bunker guard too (so I’ve been the one rezzing crysis in the past) and I hope you can learn to do something other than spam dodge and hope sharks with lazers will reform and want you :P

Hmm, you’ve been carried in more tournaments than me sure. But in general you are an awful player with awful opinions, maybe Cwysis can teach you how to play
PS: I play every thief spec

LOL all you can say is that im awful and being carried? God a five year old could hit harder than you. Look I know im the best power necro in NA and you are some thief that is lower and will always be lower than any other thief I can think of, caed toker aerox muffinz, I don’t even think of You when I think of thief, but everyone thinks of me when they think of power necro

Now get with your think-tank of schizophrenic generated buddies and impress me

Do you really think youre the best power necro? LMAO. Im not going to sit in this forum and flex an kitten, but dude when I think of power necros you do come up, but not as the best but as the kittentiest player in all elements of the game.

in PvP

Posted by: JuThai.7941

JuThai.7941

Mesmers and thieves need the ports for survivability. This patch would break the professions in tpvp, because they don’t have enough sustain to make up for it.
Besides, the ports are what distinguishes GW2 from other games imo. It’s so much fun to jump around the map and such a patch would ruin the game for me.

in PvP

Firebird.8324

Mesmers and thieves need the ports for survivability. This patch would break the professions in tpvp, because they don’t have enough sustain to make up for it.
Besides, the ports are what distinguishes GW2 from other games imo. It’s so much fun to jump around the map and such a patch would ruin the game for me.

You don’t know until you’ve tried otherwise.

in PvP

Posted by: Booms.2594

Booms.2594

firebird be quiet or some people will start making fun of the thousands of mistakes you make per game that I never bothered telling you or anyone about

gerdian

in PvP

Posted by: SobeSoul.6910

SobeSoul.6910

It’s funny how firebird is even commenting, he doesn’t really know pvp….. he follows crysis and just get ressed after eating everything possible and dodging afterwards. Anyways, this change is idiotic… just making cele and ranger even more powerful, along with making thief mes and guard less viable. Why have a thief? Because mobility and burst. Whats this doing? Limiting mobility basically making it even harder to play thief in already and aids/cancer cele meta…. GG anet once again you amaze me.

It’s funny because I’ve won more tournaments then you’ve been in. Played bunker guard too (so I’ve been the one rezzing crysis in the past) and I hope you can learn to do something other than spam dodge and hope sharks with lazers will reform and want you :P

Hmm, you’ve been carried in more tournaments than me sure. But in general you are an awful player with awful opinions, maybe Cwysis can teach you how to play
PS: I play every thief spec

LOL all you can say is that im awful and being carried? God a five year old could hit harder than you. Look I know im the best power necro in NA and you are some thief that is lower and will always be lower than any other thief I can think of, caed toker aerox muffinz, I don’t even think of You when I think of thief, but everyone thinks of me when they think of power necro

Now get with your think-tank of schizophrenic generated buddies and impress me

Think of Zombify when I think of good power necros. He didn’t have his brother running around ressing in his heyday.

I would argue with you but tbh I haven’t the slightest idea who you are, did I grind your solo queue into the ground one day and you thought this was a good opportunity to get back at me or something?

I’ve juggled you when I have come across your team. Your brother is the only reason why you can accomplish anything. In general you’re not good with positioning or anything at all because you have a crutch you rely on. If you want to call yourself the best power necro, get rid of your crutch and actually learn it, or be open to criticism because you have that crutch.

in PvP

Booms.2594

voices besides “FIGHT ON NODE SO I CAN BANNA U” ofcourse

gerdian

in PvP

Firebird.8324

Hey booms, we need one for tounies if ur up for it and, also, your over extensions, nuff said

in PvP

Booms.2594

Hey booms, we need one for tounies if ur up for it and, also, your over extensions, nuff said

if focusing targets that are 5% and trying to run away is over extending then no words exist to do describe your positioning

gerdian

in PvP

Firebird.8324

if focusing targets that are 5% and trying to run away is over extending then no words exist to do describe your positioning

?? I don’t understand, also im in TS if you want to talk

in PvP

Posted by: arron.7348

arron.7348

the complaints in this thread are absolutely ridiculous

“i absolutely must be able to exploit this bug or else my class is not viable”

who even thinks this stuff up? surely this isn’t a legitimate complaint? i know the people complaining aren’t “high tier”, given that they’re complaining about rangers being overpowered and whatnot, but i have to know if this is all a ruse or not

in PvP

lighter.2708

there’s no patch tomorrow, calm down now

in PvP

Posted by: Akikaze.1307

Akikaze.1307

As mesmer/thief/guardian role is to burst down other zerker classes that will disrupt the team. If I cannot blink to that ledge where the Ranger is parked to scare him away, nor can I run up to him without getting spotted and killed, what else is there to do? Try to line of sight in a corner and pray the melee classes doesn’t start focusing me?

(Nevermind the competitive scene, Ranger appears almost every match in regular matches)

in PvP

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

Guys actin like they are removing all ports from the game! Ports will still be here! Thieves will still have unrivaled mobility! Mesmers will still be mobile and their arguably stronger Portal plays! Blinks are still going to be strong! Instantaneous repositioning is still strong! The only difference is you can’t blink up 8 flights of stairs through a wall and into the ceiling with one ability! I’ve been saying it’s overpowdered for years now and finally something is being done! Now if only PvP and Guild Warts 2 in general was fun! I guess that’s the next big thing Anet should work on!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

Uhm…i find really wierd Anet wants to change how vertical teleport works. I remember when they broke illusionary leap in a patch and many other vertical teleport and community wasn’t happy with this this decision. They reverted that change and imho they did a good decision.

So i dunno, this timing sounds really weird.

Honestly i find weird some teleports (like guardian teleport and Infiltrator’s strike) can work without loS but the others are fine imho.

We’ll see.

(edited by MarkPhilips.5169)

in PvP

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

I find it funny that people kept saying their mesmer/ thief will be destroyed, but truth is very VERY FEW of the player-base can really utilize this advantage like some of the top streamers do. All they can do is use it as an exploit in Kyhlo map to fast travel all parts of map. They don’t use it like some of the most skillful and knowledgable thieves and mesmers, to use all those small ledges to avoid damage.

This “fix” will affect way less than people try to make it be because they don’t even play like those top streamers to begin with. The only difference will probably be just Kyhlo, where people learn those cheap spots to fast travel the ledges.

in PvP

Posted by: Drennon.7190

Drennon.7190

I find it funny that people kept saying their mesmer/ thief will be destroyed, but truth is very VERY FEW of the player-base can really utilize this advantage like some of the top streamers do. All they can do is use it as an exploit in Kyhlo map to fast travel all parts of map. They don’t use it like some of the most skillful and knowledgable thieves and mesmers, to use all those small ledges to avoid damage.

This “fix” will affect way less than people try to make it be because they don’t even play like those top streamers to begin with. The only difference will probably be just Kyhlo, where people learn those cheap spots to fast travel the ledges.

I’m not a “top streamer” nor do I play one on TV. I’m your average GW2 PvP player and I utilize every tele spot you can think of to quickly travel and to survive. This change effects both of these and upsets me. As a thief my job is to +1 and to decap. If I +1 and get focused, I need to retreat. Removal of these ports will make this increasingly difficult. If I run to an open point to decap with out these transports, other classes will easily respond and prevent the decap. Because unless it’s another squishy, it would be pointless to sit there and 1v1. Playing thief will become increasingly more difficult. Meanwhile I can hop on my ele with bearly 100 hours, drool on the keyboard, and be way more beneficial to my team.

Baer

in PvP

Posted by: blakdoxa.7520

blakdoxa.7520

Then this can be interpreted as punishing people that know how to play their class if most the “teleport” population don’t even utilize the spots.

Devona’s Rest

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

This better not change how Guardian teleports with flashing blade and Judge’s intervention… that’s all I gotta say…

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Booms.2594

This better not change how Guardian teleports with flashing blade and Judge’s intervention… that’s all I gotta say…

it will. which is why im kittened.

gerdian

in PvP

Posted by: Drennon.7190

Drennon.7190

Didn’t you hear? Teleports are super OP.

Baer

in PvP

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

If it does, that’s just ridiculous. Teleports are meant to give positioning advantages, and they’re incapable of breaking the map. Also, the special spots on Khylo and so on are very specific, the fact that mesmers and thieves learn these spots should be rewarded.

That’s just my opinion, though, but I do feel like teleports should either be improved to allow teleporting up uneven terrain and absolutely not nerfed.

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

If it does, that’s just ridiculous. Teleports are meant to give positioning advantages, and they’re incapable of breaking the map. Also, the special spots on Khylo and so on are very specific, the fact that mesmers and thieves learn these spots should be rewarded.

That’s just my opinion, though, but I do feel like teleports should either be improved to allow teleporting up uneven terrain and absolutely not nerfed.

I don’t understand how you can say that and not see exactly what’s wrong with it. They’re special spots. Their exploits. They shouldn’t be rewarded for learning them and abusing them, they should be banned. I figured out how to quickly get under foefire and if I swam under a node it would cap it, I couldn’t get hit and I could shoot up at them. Should I have done it and been rewarded since, hey, I figured it out, so it must be legit. It’s clearly an unintended side effect of pathing that has purposefully been blocked outside of some special anchors that people abuse.

This isn’t about balance. It’s about the fact that these maps are designed with “safe nuke spot” ledges and average travel times between nodes, and in many cases these totally wreck those aspects. If you REALLY feel like thief is somehow underpowered~ feel free to say that, and good luck asking for buffed mobility to compensate for your exploits being nerfed~ but lets take this for what it obviously is, an unintended issue that people abused and it just wasn’t fixed timely. It’s not like ANet are super fast about major changes anyways, so it’s not like it’s actually saying much.

In fact, I could still do that foefire glitch for about 1.5 years or more after launch. Still not intended.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Posted by: glorius.1235

glorius.1235

so what you are saying here is that one of the already least viable professions (mesmer), that takes an immense amount (way more than certain other meta classes) of practice to get it on par with the cele-faceroll classes – something the avergae player will never have – is completely okay to be nerfed cause the jukes that made the class slightly viable in high-tier PvP are almost exclusive to the top 5%. Post-patch, not even them will be able to pull off such moves. Seems legit.

Because the average mesmer player can’t use his blink the same way a top streamer does (i.e uses it only as an “o, kitten” button) it shall be taken away. Not gonna affect much.

Here’s what will happen: the top teams will still look over mesmers as nerfing Blink this way will be a huge hindrance to the class. That is a fact.
From mid-tier, mesmers will simply disappear, as for medium skill-level players, Blink was simply invaluable the way it worked.

I couldn’t care less about the very top spot of Khylo’s CT. I’m way more affected on Foefire and Niflhel as a mesmer. Now I won’t be able to blink up and out of LoS if a ranger decides to solely focus on me, nor will I be able to instantly counterpressure with my insta port to him.
No, will have to walk away burning all my survive skills on my utility bar (hence, unlike thief, mesmers have to use utilities, not simple weapon skills to evade), leaving myself completely open to the other 3 players (which is a standard rotation on mid-level) – essentially a free kill.
Or you know, I can leave that ranger there and watch my teammates or even myself getting rekt by it. As without ports no class have the necessary gap closer and damage output to succesfully counterpressure LB rangers.

but like I said – inb4 GS mace/shield warriors become meta again…
I guess warrior needed another spec to have at least 2 of them in each team and so people wouldn’t be able to say that the class is only built on the celestial cheese in sPvP.
Meanwhile other classes got and will get left out, but who cares…look, we justified having a non-celestial warrior in your comp, mate, so cele is balanced just fine.

IGN: Skúgg – currently on Far Shiverpeaks

(edited by glorius.1235)

in PvP

Posted by: Quadox.7834

Quadox.7834

Do we know this is true? Any confirmation (red post maybe)?

Yaniam [Mesmer]

^ Usually only characer that i play on

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

as a power necro I’m actually pretty excited about this….. sorry =(

Now maybe I won’t get stuck playing d/d ele everytime I play with people or in AG tourney.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in PvP

Posted by: EoNxBoNx.9213

EoNxBoNx.9213

I don’t get it they already tried changing them once 2 years ago, and made the game incredibly glitched for a month, and added on even more unnecessary bugs. If they want to remove something that has been in the game since beta, sure okay. If Anet has to make up for players bad positioning, and lack of communication w/e. It’s only been 3 years why would the playerbase get any better at the game right?

“You’re either a Noob or a Pro your entire life, that’s life”
IGN – Kinjax // World – Anvil Rock
IGN – InTheseDays // World – Anvil Rock

in PvP

Posted by: inhearth.2038

inhearth.2038

I’m loving the way people are trying to explain how >>magic<< works.

It’s a Teleport. It’s Magic. I ain’t gotta explain kitten.

Besides taking away an important part of Mes/Thief gameplay, now you want to make up kittened reasons for that? That doesn’t make sense, and if the devs really do that they will break the classes and I doubt people will have any reasons to keep playing with those already underpowered classes..

in PvP

Posted by: kylwilson.9137

kylwilson.9137

Do we know this is true? Any confirmation (red post maybe)?

This is what we need first and foremost.

Otherwise if it is true, this is a vile update that is going to essentially, out of all professions, gut the Mesmer in the competitive scene (more than it already is).

\o/

in PvP

Posted by: Aeroxe.8140

Aeroxe.8140

Let’s wait until the patch actually hits first… It does sound bad for thieves, but the entirety of the nerfs might not even make it and it’s always possible that they might compensate for them in some other fashion.

Thief (main), ele, guard
Past member of most teams NA. Retired proleague season 1+2.
http://www.twitch.tv/aeroxe

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

Let’s wait until the patch actually hits first… It does sound bad for thieves, but the entirety of the nerfs might not even make it and it’s always possible that they might compensate for them in some other fashion.

Not only this, but even if we don’t see a lot of other immediate balance changes, this would, like the stability change, likely be paving the road for HoT changes. Basically anything that happens between now and then needs to be taken with a grain of salt. And by that I don’t mean be salty. (I kid)

I mean if anything, consider pistol 4 to be buffed with the new stability. Everything that changes will shake up the meta and by time HoT hits we won’t know what hit us, so it’s best to just relax, learn to play legitimately rather than fuss and complaining for a crutch to be handed back and if things end up weak, get to the root of the problem without relying on exploits.

in PvP

lighter.2708

Exactly, if it really made thief completely unusable( every unlikely, in wvw where no blink spots, thief is still number one roamer)
they will actually balance it properly, instead of balance it around exploits, which should not have happened in the first place

in PvP

Posted by: Boggs.6482

Boggs.6482

Lightning whip stow was an exploit. Did it ruin ele? No. Did people quit playing ele because of the nerf? No.

Thief teleports are not an exploit. The class is built and balanced around it. Even if the ports were unintentional, they’ve been part of the playstyle for 2+ years now. Let em get rid of the ports and we’ll see how viable anything but s/d thief is.

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

Mesmer dominance? Tell me how many were in the WTS again?

Out of the three best teams in EU at the moment (55HP Monks, oRNG and TCG), two have a mesmer, just not the one that went to WTS (congrats btw). It just seems to be a european thing, and always have been, with the noticeable exception of Supcutie.

But yeah, speaking of dominance is way out of line. As Helseth would put it “Mesmer is not viable, I am”.

in PvP

Posted by: SimpleKingly.5021

SimpleKingly.5021

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Next-Game-Build-Update

Either they listened to this post and everyone else who disagreed, or they realized on their own how stupid the port nerf woulda been! BAMMMM kitteners

Lowjin is my stripper name ;)
www.Twitch.tv/kreepingg

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Next-Game-Build-Update

Either they listened to this post and everyone else who disagreed, or they realized on their own how stupid the port nerf woulda been! BAMMMM kitteners

i think it is sad that i await every new patch with fear of another nerf to thieves and get rather happy when there is no patch…

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

Lightning whip stow was an exploit. Did it ruin ele? No. Did people quit playing ele because of the nerf? No.

Thief teleports are not an exploit. The class is built and balanced around it. Even if the ports were unintentional, they’ve been part of the playstyle for 2+ years now. Let em get rid of the ports and we’ll see how viable anything but s/d thief is.

You started off on the right track, then you lost me. It is an exploit. Its very easy to tell that it is. Is it very touchy as to where you can vertical teleport? Yes? Thats because its not intended. You can call it what you want, but its a bug and exploit no matter how you want to cut it, otherwise there’d be no issue v-teleporting anywhere at any point on ledges like that. If it requires sneaky positioning you can be pretty sure that it’s not intended.

Secondly, you could exploit foefire for about 2 years or so. Time of bug has nothing to do with intent.

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

You started off on the right track, then you lost me. It is an exploit. Its very easy to tell that it is. Is it very touchy as to where you can vertical teleport? Yes? Thats because its not intended. You can call it what you want, but its a bug and exploit no matter how you want to cut it, otherwise there’d be no issue v-teleporting anywhere at any point on ledges like that. If it requires sneaky positioning you can be pretty sure that it’s not intended.

What I am going to say will probably improve your teleport game by a great deal: you can teleport to any place you can walk to, within a reasonable walking distance. This distance is the one you would have to walk to get from the bottom of the stairs of the keep on Niflhel to the ledge above the capture point if you had to walk in front of Svanir/the Chieftain. It’s not an exploit, it’s designed to work that way. Now, some areas on certain ledges you can walk to don’t work, but that’s the bug imo.

in PvP

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

Maybe calling it a exploit is what is getting people defensive. Does unintended functionality work better for the sake of discussion purpose?

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

in PvP

Posted by: Ravenmoon.5318

Ravenmoon.5318

Quoting and replying to the comment that has some rightful salt in it due to listening to the continuous repeating of the same flat out wrong argument, instead of answering to the valid points others make doesn’t do you more good either.

Hypocrisy at its finest^ Plz elaborate whats wrong with any argument beyond just saying they are wrong. And who are you determine what rightful salt is? And why does rightful salt mean you don’t have to make any points and can call people bad?

It’s been explained several times even in this very thread how teleport skills the way they are functioning as of now are an absolute necessity for certain classes to survive.
If you don’t know what’s wrong with the argument that keeps tossing this quite important point away, you either:
A.) pretend you don’t understand it
B.) overlook it
C.) actually don’t get the point

None of the aboves mean that me or anyone else explaining it the X+1 times will make any significant results.

Rightful salt regarding listening to the same wrong argument again and again. Please, read what I wrote above.

I’ve made several points in my previous post. You are yet to nnullify them.

I’ve made several points too in which you have not responded to(hypocrisy!). Blink on mesmer is not only a way to survive but basically its gg vs anyone who also has no stealth, invuln or blocks becuase their AI keeps pummeling away. It needs to go… Plz tell me how do i fight mesmer that I can’t hit 80% of the time becuase he is either stealthed, blocking, invuln, blinked to some location i cant los, interuppted me or moa’s me(by the tiem all these things are done and recharging my ds is gone and im at low health cause my only option is to try to run away or die). All while the AI constantly hits me…… How does necro fight and beat this? Rhetorical question pretty much cause you cant beat what you cant hit but i’ll wait and see what you have to say.

Cleave only wrecks stealthed thieves btw^ mesmers can ranged. And death shroud can’t be compared to an invuln that negates everything. Ds drains which means you can reset the fight and come back after the life force is goign down or gone. And you can play ping pong ball on necro which has no access to its utilities in ds

1) Activate Lichform
2) Press #1
3) Press #1 again
4) Stomp
?
profit?

(edited by Ravenmoon.5318)

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

What I am going to say will probably improve your teleport game by a great deal: you can teleport to any place you can walk to, within a reasonable walking distance. This distance is the one you would have to walk to get from the bottom of the stairs of the keep on Niflhel to the ledge above the capture point if you had to walk in front of Svanir/the Chieftain. It’s not an exploit, it’s designed to work that way. Now, some areas on certain ledges you can walk to don’t work, but that’s the bug imo.

That’s why I said it’s a pathing issue. Technically speaking, you’re still not supposed to be v-teleporting where the path to an area is significantly longer (IE graveyard, keep etc.) A little give is fine, but some are very much so exploitative, and I think people realize this.

in PvP

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

People need to understand how these skills work – they are Shadowstep mechanics not Teleports. Shadowsteps require a path your char can walk to reach the location without jumping (Blink and Thief ports are here), Teleports move you from point to point without the “no jumping” restriction (Portal is here). These Blink spots in Forest are completely legit – the path to walk there is past the beast up the back.

None of the Blink spots in this thread are “unintended” or “exploits” I don’t think any of the people calling for this proposed change understand what they are asking (or much else for that matter).

in PvP

Posted by: glorius.1235

glorius.1235

This would be the best possible scenario and I would absolutely love it.
However…

Judging by ANet’s balance history, they simply don’t know how to balance mesmer, what role it has in pvp and what are the necessary tolls that should be given to them in order to be effective. I don’t want to take the thread towards Mesmer balance, although it’s kind of part of the grief. I’d suggest you and all opposing porting the way it currently works to hit up the Mesmer profession subforum to see what problem the class really has.

I’m honestly curious how these people asking for this specific change or ANet for that matter think X zerker class, especially Mesmers, should counterpressure the LB ranger, who had the chance to take his sniping position at the beginning of the match.
Especially having superior range compared to every other class, a knockback on one weapon set and a leap on the other one.

IGN: Skúgg – currently on Far Shiverpeaks

(edited by glorius.1235)

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Didn’t you hear? Teleports are super OP.

I’m still trying to understand the extent of “No Vertical Teleport”.
Please tell me, which of the following attached pictures are allowed if this patch went live? Obviously there are more spots to Teleport but this will give me an idea.

Attachments:

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: OMNIBUS.2913

OMNIBUS.2913

Quoting and replying to the comment that has some rightful salt in it due to listening to the continuous repeating of the same flat out wrong argument, instead of answering to the valid points others make doesn’t do you more good either.

Hypocrisy at its finest^ Plz elaborate whats wrong with any argument beyond just saying they are wrong. And who are you determine what rightful salt is? And why does rightful salt mean you don’t have to make any points and can call people bad?

It’s been explained several times even in this very thread how teleport skills the way they are functioning as of now are an absolute necessity for certain classes to survive.
If you don’t know what’s wrong with the argument that keeps tossing this quite important point away, you either:
A.) pretend you don’t understand it
B.) overlook it
C.) actually don’t get the point

None of the aboves mean that me or anyone else explaining it the X+1 times will make any significant results.

Rightful salt regarding listening to the same wrong argument again and again. Please, read what I wrote above.

I’ve made several points in my previous post. You are yet to nnullify them.

I’ve made several points too in which you have not responded to(hypocrisy!). Blink on mesmer is not only a way to survive but basically its gg vs anyone who also has no stealth, invuln or blocks becuase their AI keeps pummeling away. It needs to go… Plz tell me how do i fight mesmer that I can’t hit 80% of the time becuase he is either stealthed, blocking, invuln, blinked to some location i cant los, interuppted me or moa’s me(by the tiem all these things are done and recharging my ds is gone and im at low health cause my only option is to try to run away or die). All while the AI constantly hits me…… How does necro fight and beat this? Rhetorical question pretty much cause you cant beat what you cant hit but i’ll wait and see what you have to say.

Cleave only wrecks stealthed thieves btw^ mesmers can ranged. And death shroud can’t be compared to an invuln that negates everything. Ds drains which means you can reset the fight and come back after the life force is goign down or gone. And you can play ping pong ball on necro which has no access to its utilities in ds

1) Activate Lichform
2) Press #1
3) Press #1 again
4) Stomp
?
profit?

Maybe against noob mesmers. Good ones will do this.

Activate lich form… Mesmer teleports up stairs, stealths and runs away until lich is over and comes back to kill you with no elite. Or better yet Moa= gg lich.

And also I dont use lich form in pvp for the very reason of resets.

(edited by OMNIBUS.2913)