Pre Hot and Hot Skills

Pre Hot and Hot Skills

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

I think why HOT doesnt feel right is because everyones skills do the same thing. Hammer 4 rev, F3 guardian, staff ranger. Its gotten to the point that classes are no longer unique in game play.

For instance pre HOT warriors shouts were offensive by inflicting fear, vulnerability and granting team mates might and crit damage. Guardians were defensive giving aegis, protection, and condi removal. Rangers were based on pets which was fine but they just were not good enough. This was really a chance to make rangers great at 1 vs 1 but just a missed opportunity.

Now everyone skills give everything. Ele shouts give auras, protection, condi removal, vigor, and regen just on traits. Rangers glyphs can heal, remove condi, and do damage or stun a enemy.

What made GW2 so cool was the differences in each class and how unique the skills were. Warriors shield and guardians shield were different, ele dagger and thief dagger was different. Everything had its own play style.

To me thats what changed the game. HOT gave everything to every class. Its why i feel anet cant balance the game. You no longer need to pick a class based on abilities or effectiveness against another class but to simply pick the OP class in the meta because there is no counter class.

Pre Hot and Hot Skills

in PvP

Posted by: Fivedawgs.4267

Fivedawgs.4267

To play the devil advocate, I heard pre hot ele were jack of all trades, they could dps, heal, condi removal you name it.

Pre Hot and Hot Skills

in PvP

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

I’m still waiting for necro zero cast teleports, necro blocks, necro evades , necro invulnerabilities, elementalists boon corruption, necro aura sharing,… .

EverythingOP

Pre Hot and Hot Skills

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

I’m still waiting for necro zero cast teleports, necro blocks, necro evades , necro invulnerabilities, elementalists boon corruption, necro aura sharing,… .

Necro has three health bars and king of boon removals. Should be glad he’s not like, nor plays like, every other class.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

Pre Hot and Hot Skills

in PvP

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

Necro has three health bars and king of boon removals. Should be glad he’s not like, nor plays like, every other class.

I just want to undermine his notion that everyone has everything. Also necro does not have three health bars. One simple reason it does not fill itself by normal means (like using healing skills or being out of combat) , there are many other but I’m tooo tired to list them all.

EverythingOP

Pre Hot and Hot Skills

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

To play the devil advocate, I heard pre hot ele were jack of all trades, they could dps, heal, condi removal you name it.

Yes they did and d/d ele was great with damage and condi dmg. The nerfed d/d and burn dmg so if you took them after the nerfs back to when the Abjured won vs ORNG in the WTS it very easily could of been a win for ORNG.

Also it had a much smaller radius to help allies with. So a ele had to run into a fight near allies to be the jack of all trades. IMO they just made it alot easier to everything from a support perspective for eles. Dumbed it down to a basic form.

Pre Hot and Hot Skills

in PvP

Posted by: Alekt.5803

Alekt.5803

Yes they did and d/d ele was great with damage and condi dmg. The nerfed d/d and burn dmg so if you took them after the nerfs back to when the Abjured won vs ORNG in the WTS it very easily could of been a win for ORNG.

Also it had a much smaller radius to help allies with. So a ele had to run into a fight near allies to be the jack of all trades. IMO they just made it alot easier to everything from a support perspective for eles. Dumbed it down to a basic form.

From what I gather, it could be more balanced if the radius of such support were adjusted depending on the weapon on main hand. 240 radius works on dagger, but does not on staff… et cetera.

Alerie Despins

Pre Hot and Hot Skills

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

I just want to undermine his notion that everyone has everything. Also necro does not have three health bars. One simple reason it does not fill itself by normal means (like using healing skills or being out of combat) , there are many other but I’m tooo tired to list them all.

You went small details. Like ohh necro has 0 cast time teleport but they do have 0 cast time in reaper form. Honestly you could name something and i could send it right back with something necro has to counter it.

Also if you didnt notice necro is a 1 vs 1 with the new spec like warrior and thief. Thief got a extra dodge and some abilities on dodge. Warrior got condi dmg bonuses and quicker F1 attacks that can be reapplied. Then necro got chill does dmg and gain might when attacking someone with chill.

Do you not see what they did? They made it so necro can give itself all the boons on its own. A class that lacked some boon sustaining ability now has it all. Thief who was a +1 or decapping class now was suppose to be able to fight 1 vs 1. Warrior now gets the huge burst dmg and huge condi dmg that it didnt have before.

A earlier comment about eles being the jack of all trades was correct but now every class is a jack of all trades class. Your trying to say small differences in a class like teleports and blocks make a huge deal. Which its funny since they gave necro a speed skill in reaper form 2 and as if having 2 life bars with the spectral armor skill isnt huge. A skill that hads lifeforce, is a stun break and gives protection.

When i clearly noted a difference in skills before with shouts with 3 classes before HOT. Which goes back to my point that almost all the classes are basically the same. And you are trying to say where is my blocks …………………………………..

Pre Hot and Hot Skills

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

From what I gather, it could be more balanced if the radius of such support were adjusted depending on the weapon on main hand. 240 radius works on dagger, but does not on staff… et cetera.

there is alot of things they could do to core classes to make them better. But for anyone who doesnt want to run shouts ele you will have to wait probably for GW3.