Put all the maps in "Ranked"

in PvP

Posted by: PSILO.4068

PSILO.4068

Seriously though, why not? If you know how to play and adapt your class to the given map/team comp/opposition team’s comp, well, this shouldn’t be an issue to all the esports pre-mades.

We still have Forest and Foefire…one bad, or out of place, player can throw a decent match in a heartbeat. (i.e. players going and dying to the npc’s)

And for all the kittens that’ll kitten about Skyhammer…the big red circle hurts, keep you back against the wall, or go mid, or bring stability. Adapt and overcome.

Hell, bring back Capricorn and let’s test these skills all around.

Variety…the spice of life…and the ‘meta-negater’!

in PvP

Posted by: Elegy.2159

Elegy.2159

I love Skyhammer, but there are good reasons some maps aren’t in ranked. Skyhammer is heavily in favor of cc oriented builds/professions (think necromancer, engineer). Spirit Watch is heavily in favor of movement oriented builds (thief, and again, engineer). They’re not in ranked because your team composition shouldn’t exclude you from the possibility to win.

The difference between those and Forest/Foefire, is everyone could theoretically be dumb enough to rush the NPC’s and die to them. It’s not profession specific or dependent on certain team compositions. If you don’t have a thief or engineer on your team, you’re not certainly screwed.

Capricorn is a different issue entirely, as underwater combat is so imbalanced it’s not even funny. Try to kill a ranger underwater, lol.

in PvP

Posted by: rajule.8054

rajule.8054

I would really love to see more maps in ranked rotation including the older maps.

I like how my profile says temple of the silent storm is my favorite map when in actuality I’m not very fond of it. it just comes up on the rotation so often.. in ranked games we don’t really get to pick which maps we want unless in a group and you get majority to vote in your favor.

You do make good points for some maps being excluded.. but at the end of the day the map pool is ridiculously small for the game being this far a long.

in PvP

Posted by: Mighty Assasin.3816

Mighty Assasin.3816

Skyhammer in ranked sounds like a really kittenty idea.

Lite
The Prestige [pTg]
Twitch.tv/Lite_lite

in PvP

Posted by: Serdoc.7261

Serdoc.7261

NO thanks.
/15chars

I’m not sure, can you, umm…. do that again? ROM – 2015
#allisvain

in PvP

Posted by: laquito.5269

laquito.5269

How about no…?

Retired GW2 Player

in PvP

Posted by: SobeSoul.6910

SobeSoul.6910

Nope.

Ranked should be about more competitive play. The three maps left out are gimmicky.

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

Yes, please do so. I will have excuse to go afk in 1/3 of matches aka whenever kittened map is chosen.

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

You just said 1 daily class baddie and the game is ruined for all 9x poeple in match.

Well those 3 maps are even worse at throwing the balance around – even with all equal players —-->meaning its entirely the unbalanced maps fault. Just think about what games you have given that theres all good competitive players on both teams.

-Courtyard = 500-0 first blood zergfest
-Spirit watch= totally favors teleporting classes
-Trollhammer = no words needed i think

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

it took us almost 2 years of begging/yelling/screaming/annoying/suciding/trolling and what not to get rid of skyhammer from ranked queue

never again plz

courtyard is bad map for team matches, once 1 person goes down it’s gg, also map itself is terrible, bugged and plagued by terrain bug and bad camera

spirit watch – bring war/guard or don’t play at all

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

PSILO.4068

Nope.

Ranked should be about more competitive play. The three maps left out are gimmicky.

Define competitive? Using the same team, with the same set-up, doing the same thing, on the same maps? Kinda makes me loFl

“I hate Skyhammer because I can’t just run in a circle and spam whatever isn’t on cd!!” —every kitten kitten ever.

in PvP

PSILO.4068

-Courtyard = 500-0 first blood zergfest
-Spirit watch= totally favors teleporting classes
-Trollhammer = no words needed i think

500-0…really? That explains a lot
Teleports…really? Waste those skill slots
Trollhammer…hahahahaha…“Oh no, there’s a big red circle that tells me it’s gonna hurt! And a fourth point! dur dur dur dur dur”

in PvP

Posted by: Redg.9807

Redg.9807

No

“Another testament to my greatness !”
Enid Asuran Trollz [Join] The Asuran Fanclub

in PvP

Posted by: Lewis Burnell.2493

Lewis Burnell.2493

I think Spirit Watch could work but it does favour ranged classes and classes capable of moving quickly. Not masssively, but enough to make the map a challenge.

in PvP

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

I wish they’d bring Capricorn back for unranked. That map was seriously so fun to me!!! #SoManyTears Maybe if they put the mid point on top of the ship and sort of redesigned it, people would like it better? If skyhammer and orb is still there, I see no reason why Capricorn shouldn’t be there.

But no to the OP. Some maps give an overpowered advantage to some classes that would make those maps broken and unfair. It wouldn’t be fun seeing two teams with 3 War/2Guard racing to the orb.

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

in PvP

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

I made a post some time ago with some ideas on how to make Skyhammer/ Courtyard/ Spirit Watch more suitable for Competitive play:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/A-few-suggestions-changing-the-maps/first#post4683413

Simple changes that make gimmick maps less gimmick-y

in PvP

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

The current maps in ranked rotation don’t have side objectives that are OP for certain classes. Any profession can commune, treb or kill an NPC.

However, Skyhammer HEAVILY favors engi/necro/Mesmer, and Spirit Watch HEAVILY favors guard/war.

Courtyard is a different matter. I actually think people suck for not liking that map. It’s fantastically done, and I sometimes have great matches when there’s two competent teams playing. The only issue with it being included is because it’s such a jarring difference in format from Conquest. 1 minute is not enough time to switch from a conquest build to a death match build.

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

in PvP

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

Skyhammer best pvp map.
10/10 approve it.

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

in PvP

Posted by: Abazigal.3679

Abazigal.3679

I love Skyhammer, but there are good reasons some maps aren’t in ranked. Skyhammer is heavily in favor of cc oriented builds/professions (think necromancer, engineer). Spirit Watch is heavily in favor of movement oriented builds (thief, and again, engineer). They’re not in ranked because your team composition shouldn’t exclude you from the possibility to win.

Legacy of foefire is heavily in favor of bunker builds. 5 thieves/mesmers/necros are excluded from the possibility to win most of time….

in PvP

Posted by: xDudisx.5914

xDudisx.5914

Seriously though, why not? If you know how to play and adapt your class to the given map/team comp/opposition team’s comp, well, this shouldn’t be an issue to all the esports pre-mades.

We still have Forest and Foefire…one bad, or out of place, player can throw a decent match in a heartbeat. (i.e. players going and dying to the npc’s)

And for all the kittens that’ll kitten about Skyhammer…the big red circle hurts, keep you back against the wall, or go mid, or bring stability. Adapt and overcome.

I agree, we need more maps.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

in PvP

Posted by: Geiir.7603

Geiir.7603

No. There’s one reason I never play unranked: those three maps. Spirit is okay, but Skyhammer and Courtyard are not suited for ranked play.

Melder – Thief

in PvP

Posted by: Geiir.7603

Geiir.7603

Legacy of foefire is heavily in favor of bunker builds. 5 thieves/mesmers/necros are excluded from the possibility to win most of time….

I usually carry matches with my thief on legacy, so no idea where you got that from. The mobility simply outshines everything in that map when it comes to decapping

Melder – Thief

in PvP

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

No thanks, screw skyhammer. The thing completely unbalances team fights and certain classes can camp the hammer almost unopposed. Stick a necro up there and you’re probably not going to be able to break them off of it, they’ll just fear people off the side.

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer