PvP: Condition Protection and Precision

in PvP

Posted by: LonelyReaper.8075

LonelyReaper.8075

I find condition dmg and condition as a whole a bit lack luster, through our game meta every class can remove condition if spec right. This and conquest mode in turn have promoted lots of healing + condition remover bunker build into the meta, making condition dmg and condition really weak. What i propose is that if we have an additional attribute added to affect our condition dmg and condition protection to change how condition and condition removal spamming is in our current meta to promote a more skilled play and more interesting viewing.

1) Condition Protection:
This section will be about condition protection and how it will promoted skilled play and add more interesting condition for interesting combat for viewer.

i) Removing condition spamming and condition removal spamming from game.
ii) Add more depth into guild wars 2 condition dmg and condition effects.
iii) Will greatly improve condition build to be more viable as a whole.

How fun is it to watch a condition profession combat almost any other players. It will be like
Condition player: Stack lot of lot of condition and go defensive.
Opponent player: Remove condition and continue dealing dmg or bunker
Condition player: stack again
Opponent player: Remove again, heal and start killing the condition spec guy.
This will continue till the either the condition spec player run from the fight or get downed.

So let say a Thief is given 2 condition protection(it may need some tweaking to be balance),
i) Poison Mastery: let say this skill is to replace venomous aura, it now does what venomous aura does plus an additional effect. Removing poison cause a hidden poison to take effect. This ability will go on 10(or 15)sec cool down after 2 sec since the 1st condition is removed.
Removing:
Poison places chill with half the duration of poison that was removed.
Chill places 2-3 sec immobilize on the target.
Immobilize places 5sec weakness and vulnerability on the target.
Weakness and Vulnerability places 5 sec of poison for each condition removed.

ii) Deep Wound: Removing bleed only remove 2/3 of the bleed stack, the remaining bleed duration will be of the mean duration of the total bleed stack.

The 1st protection will pressure the player with the condition to choose which condition to remove and the consequence of having which condition condition removed. The 2nd protection will prevent a total removal of bleed which is 1 of the condition that condition thief requires to take down an opponent. This will help negate the weakness of bleed dealing practically no dmg before it gets removed. This will help condition thief fare better in fight where condition get remove so quickly. This will also let the player play more aggressively.
or
Let say a guardian is given 2 condition protection:
i) Flame’s Warth: When burning is remove, the 1/4(or maybe 1/3) of the remaining burn is dealt as dmg in an 150 radius of the target. If the duration exceed 10sec(or 15sec) the target is daze for 1-2 sec.
ii) Eternal Flame: When burn is remove from a target, half(or maybe 3/4) of it’s duration get transferred to another enemy target in the 1000 radius.

The 1st condition protection will give the opponent a choice and pressure them to remove burn on time before it passes a threshold or maintain burning on them to prevent getting daze to complete their task. The 2nd condition protection will make guardian a bit stronger in team fights as their burn will stay in the team fight longer
and when combine with the 1st make removing burn a bit of a hazzle.

So with the example show above, you can see that it will help prevent condition removal spamming from the meta as opponent have to consider the draw back. Next it add more depth in to condition play style and combat. Finally it help condition spec be more relevant in team set up or even make their condition a serious treat to consider.

Although this must only be done when A-net does the trait tree improvement while maintaining a balance of how often condition can be reapplied or how much condition dmg does after condition protection is included to prevent condition spec from becoming to imbalance.

(edited by LonelyReaper.8075)

in PvP

LonelyReaper.8075

Next,
2) Precision as a secondary attribute that affect condition.
So how will precision bring more flavor into condition gameplay:

i) It help promotes more diversity of builds
ii) It adds some RNG to condition build making it a bit more interesting.

Now currently with how condition is, most condition spec are also semi bunkers or bunkers themselves. So let say if precision is given to affect:
Burn: Chance to cause burn to deal dmg twice the speed. (i.e.: 2 tick per sec)
Poision: Chance to cause poison to deal dmg twice the speed (i.e: 2 tick per sec)
Bleed: Chance for each individual ticks to deal twice it dmg.
Confusion: Chance for each individual stack to deal twice it dmg when an opponent uses a skill.
This will bring more flavor to condition abilities while able to introduce some new build diversity like:
Aggressive condition build: Power/Pricision/condition dmg as (condition dmg is more affective with precision affecting it dmg)
Crit/condition with proc sigil build: Precision/ toughness and vitality/condition dmg and sigil that have proc effects.
These are just some of the example, who know what other splendid ingenious builds our guild wars 2 community can come out with.

or

even let precision to affect the the duration of condition that apply effect like:
Chill: Chance to apply twice the duration on the target
or
maybe let them apply additional effect:
Weakness: chance destroy 1/4 of the targets endurance.
It will add a bit more depth into the engaging combat that gw2 have.

Conclusion:
So if we couple condition protection and precision to affect condition abilities it will allow lots of different play style, combat situation which will allow a more interesting gameplay and game to watch.

P.S: Sry if i make any grammar mistake.

in PvP

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

this sounds way too complicated

in PvP

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

LOL
You kidding me?
Condition weak in PVP? Are we playing the same game?
Oh boy, condition is so OP in PVP
If you wanna kill a bunker Guardian? Go for condition.
You wanna chase down some invisible running thieves? Go for condition.

Simply put, condition in PVP is way too overwhelming.
The ways to remove conditions, however, is VERY LACKING for some classes…
I can really care less about those so-called burster in PVP
I fear a thief that instantly stack 15 layers of bleed on me way more than a thief that chip me half hp then I can kite him freely.

(edited by Aomine.5012)

in PvP

Posted by: Valkyriez.6578

Valkyriez.6578

Sounds like a thief buff.

Which really isn’t needed.

I see it pretty balanced. You have to spec condi removal to not get smashed by someone who specs condi damage. You lose utility by speccing that way anyway.

Rangers, engis and necros all do pretty bad kitten condi damage as it is.

in PvP

LonelyReaper.8075

i am just giving example, it is not intended for their or guardian only it is intended for all profession. So ranger, necro, ele, engi, mesmer, warrior are also included, just that i don’t have that much space to list ton of possible skill for them.

in PvP

LonelyReaper.8075

LOL
You kidding me?

Simply put, condition in PVP is way too overwhelming in PVP.
I fear a thief that instantly stack 15 layers of bleed on me way more than a thief that chip me half hp then I can kite him freely.

Not sure, i practically don’t die to condition in my spec for both zerker thief and bunker guardian. Most 1 shot thief don’t stay long for you to stack condition if they fail to kill you in their opening blow, or they will die anyway if they miss their combo whether to condition or pure dmg opponent. I don’t find condition in pvp is overwhelming but aoe is, which if 5 players with aoe that also stack condition, that is too strong for any1 to handle. If it’s 1v1 or 2v2 its fine.

what profession are u playing that you can’t remove 15 stack of bleed or avoid or keep the thief from spamming all of their bleed on you?

in PvP

Aomine.5012

LOL
You kidding me?

Not sure, i practically don’t die to condition in my spec for both zerker thief and bunker guardian. Most 1 shot thief don’t stay long for you to stack condition if they fail to kill you in their opening blow, or they will die anyway if they miss their combo whether to condition or pure dmg opponent. I don’t find condition in pvp is overwhelming but aoe is, which if 5 players with aoe that also stack condition, that is too strong for any1 to handle. If it’s 1v1 or 2v2 its fine.

what profession are u playing that you can’t remove 15 stack of bleed or avoid or keep the thief from spamming all of their bleed on you?

I play trap ranger.
And the class I fear least is burst thief who only try to do that backstab trick to chip your hp. Invisible pistal/dagger and the death blossom thief that stack bleeds is way more threatening.
Condition gives me much more pressure than direct damage.

I’m not a guardian, so I do not have access to many reliable condition removal other than healing spring.
But when I face a guardian, I can bring down him pretty quickly with condition spamming (burning, bleeding, poison, daze, fear, kd)

Not to mention my least favourite class to fight 1 on 1 is condition mesmer that infinitely stack bleed/confusion through pistol phantasm and clones.

in PvP

LonelyReaper.8075

LOL
You kidding me?

I play trap ranger.
And the class I fear least is burst thief who only try to do that backstab trick to chip your hp. Invisible pistal/dagger and the death blossom thief that stack bleeds is way more threatening.

I’m not a guardian, so I do not have access to many reliable condition removal other than healing spring.
But when I face a guardian, I can bring down him pretty quickly with condition spamming (burning, bleeding, poison, daze, fear, kd)

Not to mention my least favourite class to fight 1 on 1 is condition mesmer that infinitely stack bleed/confusion through pistol phantasm and clones.

Not sure i 1v1 lots of trap ranger with as a condition thief and lost badly, 2 way to stack bleed for thief which is d/d #3 or p/d invi #1 which both have to be in melee range to combat. So if a trap ranger dominate melee and kiting fight i don’t see why u should lose as many other traps rangers and as for my personal experience as a condi thief lost badly to 1.

in PvP

Aomine.5012

LOL
You kidding me?

I play trap ranger.

Not sure i 1v1 lots of trap ranger with as a condition thief and lost badly, 2 way to stack bleed for thief which is d/d #3 or p/d invi #1 which both have to be in melee range to combat. So if a trap ranger dominate melee and kiting fight i don’t see why u should lose as many other traps rangers and as for my personal experience as a condi thief lost badly to 1.

I’m not just talking about thief, I’m just saying that condition is pretty strong on certain classes such as mesmer, ranger, engineer.
And many bunker classes can hard-counter direct damage pretty easily, but got owned by condition spamming.
It is also a way for enemies to force enemies in combat and drop their healing capacity.

in PvP

LonelyReaper.8075

ranger are fine, but i think it has to do with the combination of semi-bunker with their kiting ability,pets and still able to dish out a good load of condition. Mesmer on the other hand is op in their phantasmal spec 1v1, i don’t think any 1 can stop them unless u can trap their illusion. So it battle of the pets and they win cuz they have invi and blink that buy time which will come down to 4 v 2(1 mez and 3 phantasm and u and your pet). So number wins.

Mez are strong 1v1 or 1v2 if they don’t have aoe or high burst. Other than that in larger fights they sux only able to support with their utility that all.

in PvP

Posted by: mongolianmisfit.8350

mongolianmisfit.8350

IMHO, the core issue lies in condition damage bypassing toughness. That is why it hits some classes harder than most, aka ones that have higher base or more vitality stacked, it just tickles. Also, some class traits have precision damage or chance paired with condition through traits while for others it is completely separate.

I am waiting for the upcoming changes to Mesmers for confusion because in tpvp it is really frustrating trying to continuously and effectively stack conditions on anyone while adding to a team fight. We cant keep conditions up as effectively as necros or rangers, etc though. 1v1 condition is fine. Shatters though are strong in team fights, but not as effect 1v1 in the current meta. Our condition damage is traited through shatter line and condition duration through power. Precision is separate. So there is only so much you can do with 70 points. We are spread so thin. It is either solely 1 build or the other.

(edited by mongolianmisfit.8350)

in PvP

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

Only profession I see having a tough time with condition overall is warriors.

Pineapples

in PvP

Posted by: Phantaram.1265

Phantaram.1265

I’d like to see a wider variety of classes be able to run condi, but the classes that can run condi at the moment are plenty strong.

in PvP

Posted by: Oareo.1604

Oareo.1604

I would like to see a new boon introduced that made you immune to incoming conditions. Existing conditions would functional as normal, only that new ones wouldn’t land.

It would give a whole new way to deal with conditions, rather than yet another cleanse. It would be skill based, as timing the use/uptime of the boon can greatly swing fights. It would also be more fun for the condition giver. He knows if he lands them, they will stick…so he focuses on landing rather than spamming to outpace cleansing.

in PvP

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

I play condition necromancer. I think conditions are exactly where they need to be right now. Nerfing or buffing them would be a huge mistake.

in PvP

Posted by: nakoda.4213

nakoda.4213

I would like to see a new boon introduced that made you immune to incoming conditions. Existing conditions would functional as normal, only that new ones wouldn’t land.

It would give a whole new way to deal with conditions, rather than yet another cleanse. It would be skill based, as timing the use/uptime of the boon can greatly swing fights. It would also be more fun for the condition giver. He knows if he lands them, they will stick…so he focuses on landing rather than spamming to outpace cleansing.

that is the Autoimmune Defense System (or whatever), 30pt Alchemy engineer trait.

immune to all conditions below 25% hp. all existing condis remain.

no one that i know uses it.

Boundaries are for the effortless.
Benn E Violence :: 0/20/30/20/0
You kittens don’t even know what the prefix “meta” means.

in PvP

Posted by: R E F L H E X.8413

R E F L H E X.8413

I must’ve missed the sign that said it was a fire sale.

(edited by R E F L H E X.8413)

in PvP

Posted by: Oareo.1604

Oareo.1604

that is the Autoimmune Defense System (or whatever), 30pt Alchemy engineer trait.

immune to all conditions below 25% hp. all existing condis remain.

no one that i know uses it.

That’s 1 deep trait for 1 class, that only functions at low health. There’s also the opportunity cost of picking that as a grandmaster trait.

I was thinking more along the lines of incorporating it into some weapon/utility skills, especially for classes like warriors that have a hard time dealing with conditions. Could also replace existing cleanses with the boon.

in PvP

Posted by: nakoda.4213

nakoda.4213

I realize all that, I was just adding some info for the uninitiated.

That said, I don’t think that immunity to condi’s actually solves any problems, since it doesn’t change anything except when condi’s can be applied.

Boundaries are for the effortless.
Benn E Violence :: 0/20/30/20/0
You kittens don’t even know what the prefix “meta” means.