PvP Druid needs balancing

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

We don’t need more equipment removed from pvp…

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

remove dolyak rune problem solved

Lol!

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

in PvP

Posted by: foste.3098

foste.3098

increase cele avatar cd to 15 sec.

This is probably the best way to nerf druids without destroying any builds be it support mender or power druid.
It would also let players use non dolyak runes since there would be no point to building for so much regeneration ticks with the longer cd, just my 2 cent.

Also as Shadelang said almost every ranger build uses the same 3 trait lines no matter if it is support offense or whatever. Maybe it would be a good idea to rework skirmishing and marksmenship lines to be more attractive than nature magic to an offensive build?

Also rework core pets while at it would be nice if they could hit something, having every ranger use bristilback and smokescale speaks volumes about pet design.

see no evil ,until i stab you

(edited by foste.3098)

in PvP

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

increase cele avatar cd to 15 sec.

This is probably the best way to nerf druids without destroying any builds be it support mender or power druid.
It would also let players use non dolyak runes since there would be no point to building for so much regeneration ticks with the longer cd, just my 2 cent.

If it was just Celestial Avatar skills that would be effected by this I would definitely be willing to try it. But this would affect druidic clarity and celestial shadow as well. Which makes me extremely leery of messing with the cooldown too much.

I am curious to see how it would turn out. But I am worried that so much of our survivability is tied into just ENTERING celestial avatar that a seemingly small change could affect a pretty big portion of our defense.

As for using non dolyak runes there have always been alternatives. A full shout ranger for example will almost never need to worry about astral force. A sword axe/longbow ranger has a good amount of AF generation through the use of multi hit attacks. Combine the two together and you get a dps build with pretty high CA generation as long as hes actively fighting. Kind of like a brawler build TBH.

Dolyak runes I feel are only really used in the current meta build itself. So targeting it (maybe just make it so that truly passive regen (like runes) don’t affect AF generation) would do less damage to builds that aren’t reliant on it. Where affecting CA cooldowns hits EVERY SINGLE even meta or near-meta build the class has at the moment.

Edited past this point.

On the nature of improving marksmanship and skirmishing I fully agree with you. Improving a line that doesn’t add increased defense will by its very nature force a choice for druids between offensive and defensive builds. Separating the two into types with strengths and weaknesses.

Unfortunately unless fortifying bond is either eliminated or made baseline nature magic will probably always be mandatory. That one minor trait is simply too important as it stands now. And the other goodies it has such as evasive purity and natures ward just add onto it.

I also hope to see additional changes to the base pets. Though many of hte pets will have a hard time surviving anyway even if they GET reworks due to the lack of any form of active defense. Its not the damage that makes the smokescale the melee pet of choice. Its the fact that it doesn’t nearly instantly die the second it tries to attack anything.

Ghost Yak

(edited by Shadelang.3012)

in PvP

foste.3098

(maybe just make it so that truly passive regen (like runes) don’t affect AF generation)

this would make signet of the wild not generate af which would not be a good change for it. Right now its weak passive is only redeemed by the fact it is a good af generator, the active is good on its own tho. Maybe just exclude all passive regeneration from runes/sigils from generating af but leave the boon signets and traits?

The core pets need to be looked at regardless if they would die in a team fight or not. It is embarrassing that after 4 years core pets still act as if they are random pve mobs, where they stop in place do a 3 sec animation which swings at air because the target moved. What is even worse is HoT wyvern pets, just pick the blue one at set him at the moving target golem in hotm (no using of f2 and no utility skills) and see how long it takes him to kill it.

in PvP

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

Big things that could be looked at:

CA self healing: should CA be allowed to be beneficial selfishly? I would consider nerfing the CA self heals a lot, but at the same time tweak the Live Vicariously minor trait to return a % of outgoing heals back to the Druid, making it so that the Druid gets the same self heals if he’s supporting other players.

Druidic Clarity is too strong for a tier one major trait. It could easily be swapped with Lingering Light, or changed to clear 2-3 conditions instead of all.

Staff: Nerf the autoattack, but increase the damage of Astral Wisp and Vine Surge to compensate.

in PvP

Posted by: EnderzShadow.2506

EnderzShadow.2506

A druid can carry a team? LOLOL Get out. You’re terrible.

And bad #2, you cant beat a druid on a engineer? How is he killing you?

Get out

Shadowbane DarkAges Of Camelot WoW AION WarHammer GuildWars2

in PvP

foste.3098

CA self healing: should CA be allowed to be beneficial selfishly? I would consider nerfing the CA self heals a lot, but at the same time tweak the Live Vicariously minor trait to return a % of outgoing heals back to the Druid, making it so that the Druid gets the same self heals if he’s supporting other players.

This is such a dangerous line, because if you mess too much with it druid becomes a heal bot that is useless if he is alone or i f he does not use an amulet with healing power. Remember there are other ways to play druid not just support and i feel this would make druid completely locked in to a support role.

Also i would argue that live vicariously and natural mender should not be minor traits but combined and added to the staff trait and 2 new ones introduced in their place. Reason is theese 2 are tailored to staff and if you play without it (which bdw is a valid way to play) you are effectivly doing so without 2 minor trait. Your change would make the entire line useless without staff not just the minors
I mean no other elite spec is forced to use their weapon to take advantage of the minors (or the elite mechanic which your suggestion would do), the closest one is dragon hunter who gets half a minor which is still something but otherwise completely fine without a bow.

in PvP

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

As someone who plays exclusively Druid in pvp, I do think it needs a pretty big nerf. I regularly win 1v2s in unranked provided that I am against guards/thieves/revs. I don’t mean stalemate, I mean actually win those 1v2s. I know that that isn’t a great way of showing how OP Druid is because I am a far better player than randoms in unranked, but it does show the main issue with Druid in my opinion- it has both great sustain and great damage.

The sustain of Druid is not too strong in itself, and neither is the damage. However, when both are together, it just becomes a ridiculously strong class. I think Anet needs to make their mind up about what they want Druid to be because the sustain or damage needs to be nerfed, not both because that could make the class useless if it is nerfed too much.

The suggestion I would make is to have Druid as a bunker support class because that seems to be what it is themed around so I would reduce damage on staff AA quite a bit and celestial avatar 5 slightly and also make the damage of pets scale with the amulet the Druid chooses. This would nerf bunker Druid but at the same time not hurt dps Druid too much. The alternative would be to reduce healing on CA skills but I don’t think that would fit the theme of how the class is supposed to be played. I think these changes are all that is needed to balance the class.

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)

in PvP

Posted by: Mr Godlike.6098

Mr Godlike.6098

Lol!

MEGA LOL

Was depressed ele…now depressed druid
Kawaleria (KW)

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

Lol!

MEGA LOL

was he serious?

in PvP

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Dolyak runes are indeed strong because of the added Toughness and Vitality. If it helps a Druid sustain a 1 v 1 with an Engi for 10 minutes, then something seriously needs to be looked at.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in PvP

OGDeadHead.8326

Dolyak runes are indeed strong because of the added Toughness and Vitality. If it helps a Druid sustain a 1 v 1 with an Engi for 10 minutes, then something seriously needs to be looked at.

Indeed, engi should be nerfed if they can sustain a 1v1 vs a druid for 10 minutes.

in PvP

Smooth Penguin.5294

Indeed, engi should be nerfed if they can sustain a 1v1 vs a druid for 10 minutes.

Other way around, my friend. If a Power Engi can only get a Druid down to 50% HP before he full heals himself, that’s not in the spirit of the game. Plus, if a Druid specs for pure bunker, his attacks aren’t that strong. But his pet still has full strength, so it’s unfair to have heavy defenses, heavy heals, and the ability to attack on two fronts (player + pet).

Druids were designed to be a healer, I understand that. But this is PvP. Keep Druids the same in PvE. In PvP, there should be some skill splits to keep this game mode competitive. I mean, if people are ok with this, then let’s un-nerf Diamond Skin Eles to how they were in Season 1.

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

Other way around, my friend. If a Power Engi can only get a Druid down to 50% HP before he full heals himself, that’s not in the spirit of the game. Plus, if a Druid specs for pure bunker, his attacks aren’t that strong. But his pet still has full strength, so it’s unfair to have heavy defenses, heavy heals, and the ability to attack on two fronts (player + pet).

Druids were designed to be a healer, I understand that. But this is PvP. Keep Druids the same in PvE. In PvP, there should be some skill splits to keep this game mode competitive. I mean, if people are ok with this, then let’s un-nerf Diamond Skin Eles to how they were in Season 1.

What engi was designed for? Trolling people 1vs2 while offering hard ress-aoe CC/cleave- aoe stealth- aoe condi clear and easy 25 might stacks?

Engi remains a clear example of developer bias and grossly imbalance in a videogame

in PvP

Smooth Penguin.5294

I don’t know a single Dev who plays Engi. As for imbalance, the current Engi meta has it’s setbacks. Hammer Engis sacrifice ranged attacks for powerful melee. The counter to that is to create distance, since there’s no weapon swap. Druids are able to swap to longbow, and can pick off players with arrows and pets. Then swap to staff and bunker when on point.

in PvP

Supreme.3164

I don’t know a single Dev who plays Engi. As for imbalance, the current Engi meta has it’s setbacks. Hammer Engis sacrifice ranged attacks for powerful melee. The counter to that is to create distance, since there’s no weapon swap. Druids are able to swap to longbow, and can pick off players with arrows and pets. Then swap to staff and bunker when on point.

Are you trolling me?

Conquest is capture mode and you want people to range scrapper?…As said before as scrapper you will never be in position of talking about imbalance, you’re grossly OP along side staff druid and dragon hunter mender

For the sanity and quality of the game, all of these 3 specs should see their tankiness reduced by at least 60% and this could be done by hard nerfing druid staff, scrapper dmg reduction/sustain and dh brainless trap/symbol spam

It takes no PvP knowledge to run any of those 3 specs, you just zerg from point A to B and press 1 to 5 ..brainless, easy…and dehumanising.

Under no circumstance any of you 3 will be able to talk about PvP balance..only the idea of it..I find it insulting

P.S no dev play scrapper? Are you kittening kidding me?
..Every time you get “nerfed” you receive buffs somewhere else

All the changes you receive are…a slap on the wrist like losing 2-3s from an OP trait or 20% from your overall dmg reduction bs that changes absolutely nothing in the long run

You still passively stack 25 might like nothing, still have aoe CC, moa, aoe stealth, etc etc etc omfg if you want to see what a profession never played by the devs looks like go try an ele! You’re made of paper, you do no kittening dmg and have the lowest stats in the game just to make sure you’re free kill for the rest

(edited by Supreme.3164)

in PvP

Posted by: Skittledness.5106

Skittledness.5106

Anet please disregard this post.
Only thing that may need tuning is staff auto attack <3

Jeffies Jeffie Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeffies Jeffie Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeffies Jeffie

(edited by Skittledness.5106)

in PvP

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

I don’t know a single Dev who plays Engi.

“Grouch” does.

NSPride <3

in PvP

Posted by: Zania.8461

Zania.8461

Most druids will have limitation of shedding the conditions (once fully on avatar entry + possibly signet if carried). Additionally as long as they are off Rampage as One, they have almost no way to avoid being beaten senseless after a well placed stun.

Almost perfect counter to a druid is a condi warrior, but since condi builds (in general) largely got phased out of meta this season in favor of power builds, the druids started to seem overpowered. The perceived druid overpoweredness is more of a playing field issue than a class issue.

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.1683

Pyriall.1683

But this would affect druidic clarity and celestial shadow as well.

Well yeah, that’s the whole point.

in PvP

Posted by: Zalani.9827

Zalani.9827

Anet please disregard this post.
Only thing that may need tuning is staff auto attack <3

Can they fix the attack sound too while they are at it.

Jadis Narnia-Sylvari Ranger of [EDGE]
Dragonbrand

in PvP

Smooth Penguin.5294

You still passively stack 25 might like nothing, still have aoe CC, moa, aoe stealth, etc etc etc omfg if you want to see what a profession never played by the devs looks like go try an ele! You’re made of paper, you do no kittening dmg and have the lowest stats in the game just to make sure you’re free kill for the rest

Eles were the strongest class in PvP. I’m sure you got a ton of your wins when Eles were basically immortal with Diamond Skin. Anet then heard the cries of the forums, and decided that bunkers were not healthy to PvP. So in that same mindset, Druids are slowly creeping to the levels of Ele.

I’m not asking for game breaking nerfs to Druids. Just some adjustments to pull them back down to a nice balance.

in PvP

OGDeadHead.8326

I’m not asking for game breaking nerfs to Druids. Just some adjustments to pull them back down to a nice balance.

• Remove Stealth. That’s a Mesmer and Thief skill
  • Reduce outgoing healing by 25%

in PvP

Supreme.3164

Eles were the strongest class in PvP. I’m sure you got a ton of your wins when Eles were basically immortal with Diamond Skin. Anet then heard the cries of the forums, and decided that bunkers were not healthy to PvP. So in that same mindset, Druids are slowly creeping to the levels of Ele.

Ele being nerfed to the ground got nothing to do with principle of balance.
Diamond skin was the only true defense, eles had against the absurd condi bursts that HoT brought, atm we have classes like condi berseker, condi chrono, etc etc that can apply several condis in a short time interval ( every 6-8s) .

Against such amount of condis, eles are forced to fire every single condi clear they have to stay alive as they haven’t got a full condi clear, max each utility can clear 2 condis if traited with runes and they will have min 25s CD each ( shout)

Diamond skin was there to stop cheese specs from emerging and from single handily control any fight, it forced rotations like “we can’t send a thief to 1vs1 the scrapper on close”

The question is not why Diamond skin was removed..it’s why was introduced in the first place

Jon Peters

Just getting these out there so we know we are all in agreement:
1) Conditions seem a bit strong
2) World bosses are currently too easy
3) There are some bugged skills and traits
4) There are some overpowered builds
We won’t fix it all at once but these are four large topics we are talking about. In the meantime keep the feedback and bug reports coming, and I guess farm up some world bosses. We are dedicating time towards these issues and are intending to resolve them as quickly as possible. As we have said before, the live environment differs too greatly from anything we can reliably simulate internally so big changes like today’s build will cause things to sometimes change at an alarming rateTM.
Thanks for your patience,
Jon

Jon Peters before he left for Amazon, the devs know that condis are out of hand…they should nerf condis but they won’t because that would upset the “community” and that goes against the principle of balance

Diamond skin was nerfed..but they didn’t remove stupid easy builds like condi war and condi mes, condi thief and condi necro..why?

indecisive game developers that are either too easily broken by whiners or plainly change their minds about their game design every now and then

There are also players who play classes with similar roles or build focuses and wish to see their competition weakened. You have them in every game and they are usually your sinister allies. Guys that play with you but actually want to see your class weakened. Tanks jealous of other classes specced for tanking( that’d be you on scrapper), healers of those specced for healing.

Don’t talk to me about balance! That never happen in this game, it’s always emotional spoon feeding from “devs” who try to up the sales by bending over at every request of their whining community

in PvP

Mr Godlike.6098

wrong – where easier to kill – come on how you can call something immortal if most of condi builds that time had merc amulet? You think that is easy to maintain more then 90% health on 11k base class on cleric?

Omg there are some many mythis and mistunderstaindings here:

1.Doyak rune is only used for charging faster celestial avatar…stats of amulet aren’t that much taken in consideration – much more important are bonuses.
2. s/d is used negate power damage, also stealth. Removing stealth wouldn’t be good balance idea in power dominating meta.
3. Build was design to hold points in small team fights that’s means:

a.) if you fight it with bunker build druid on HIS NODE – your noob
b.) if you can’t focus druid in team fight (4v4 ect) your noob – especially if you are thief and not +1 druid. Druid MELTS under proper 3 man burst
c.) if you think druid dps is too high your noob – maybe it’s time check other classes power dps: like:
-rev
-thief
-DH
-engi
d.) if you don’t care about druids pet or his cooldowns your noob – especially if you waste cc , not trying to interrupt cast time of heal as one or rampage

Kawaleria (KW)

in PvP

Posted by: Vicariuz.1605

Vicariuz.1605

Diamond skin was the only true defense, eles had against the absurd condi bursts that HoT brought, atm we have classes like condi berseker, condi chrono, etc etc that can apply several condis in a short time interval ( every 6-8s) .

Against such amount of condis, eles are forced to fire every single condi clear they have to stay alive as they haven’t got a full condi clear, max each utility can clear 2 condis if traited with runes and they will have min 25s CD each ( shout)

Diamond skin was there to stop cheese specs from emerging and from single handily control any fight, it forced rotations like “we can’t send a thief to 1vs1 the scrapper on close”

The question is not why Diamond skin was removed..it’s why was introduced in the first place

Jon Peters

We won’t fix it all at once but these are four large topics we are talking about. In the meantime keep the feedback and bug reports coming, and I guess farm up some world bosses. We are dedicating time towards these issues and are intending to resolve them as quickly as possible. As we have said before, the live environment differs too greatly from anything we can reliably simulate internally so big changes like today’s build will cause things to sometimes change at an alarming rateTM.
Jon

Jon Peters before he left for Amazon, the devs know that condis are out of hand…they should nerf condis but they won’t because that would upset the “community” and that goes against the principle of balance

Diamond skin was nerfed..but they didn’t remove stupid easy builds like condi war and condi mes, condi thief and condi necro..why?

indecisive game developers that are either too easily broken by whiners or plainly change their minds about their game design every now and then

There are also players who play classes with similar roles or build focuses and wish to see their competition weakened. You have them in every game and they are usually your sinister allies. Guys that play with you but actually want to see your class weakened. Tanks jealous of other classes specced for tanking( that’d be you on scrapper), healers of those specced for healing.

Don’t talk to me about balance! That never happen in this game, it’s always emotional spoon feeding from “devs” who try to up the sales by bending over at every request of their whining community

you’re the president now, i agree with this. o/

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.1683

Pyriall.1683

Jon Peters

Jon

You contradict yourself. If they bend at every request of “their whining community” they WOULD have addressed conditions. You can’t have it both ways and condemn them for listening to the community only to say they won’t do it when people complain about it.

in PvP

Smooth Penguin.5294

Druid MELTS under proper 3 man burst

So you’re saying that in order to kill off a Druid, you need to put 3 guys on him? Wouldn’t that put the team at a disadvantage, since the other 2 on the team still have to take on the 4 remaining opponents?

No class should require +1 or +2 in order to fight. That’s what it took to kill off Eles before Diamond Skin was nerfed.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Any class that can be killed only when focused by multiple enemies is broken, period.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

If you run a bursty build that has a single interrupt you can murder a Druid with no issue, kitten I was picking them off mercilessly as a LB ranger, and thats hardly the only build that could do it.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in PvP

Cynz.9437

If you run a bursty build that has a single interrupt you can murder a Druid with no issue, kitten I was picking them off mercilessly as a LB ranger, and thats hardly the only build that could do it.

Yeah…. only if they are noob and their pet is not nearby.

All is Vain~

in PvP

Durzlla.6295

They run 2 offensive pets, how does it being nearby affect anything?

in PvP

Cynz.9437

It puts enemy under great pressure not to mention rev dog has knockdown with like 10000 km range.

All is Vain~

in PvP

Mr Godlike.6098

Druid MELTS under proper 3 man burst

So you’re saying that in order to kill off a Druid, you need to put 3 guys on him? Wouldn’t that put the team at a disadvantage, since the other 2 on the team still have to take on the 4 remaining opponents?

No class should require +1 or +2 in order to fight. That’s what it took to kill off Eles before Diamond Skin was nerfed.

ehem by melt i mean die fast and almost too easy

Do you need reminder that conquest is team player game? Killing somebody fast (and with high success rate) who caries his team by heals and has means to ress people fast under weak pressure isn’t important? Are you playing same game or some FPS? You don’t focus necro in teamfight for example because rev looks more mean and has mustache?

And nope diamond skin was buffed:P works fine with menders against pure condi…

How long do you play this game!?

Kawaleria (KW)

in PvP

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Love this thread… Starts with “I can’t kill Druid and Druid can’t kill me so nerf Druid”…

Op plays engineer and says “stealth only supposed to be for thief and Mesmer so get it off Druid”, but forgets scrapper sneaky gyro…

“Nerf Druid heal by 25%”… Learn to interrupt.

“Nerf staff auto”… The auto already does crappy damage lol

I’m sure there are some per complaints too… Learn to dodge and move.

So instead of some of you getting better, just make a thread asking for the devs to nerf something so you don’t have to put in the competitive effort.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in PvP

Smooth Penguin.5294

Do you need reminder that conquest is team player game? Killing somebody fast (and with high success rate) who caries his team by heals and has means to ress people fast under weak pressure isn’t important?

So you’re agreeing that in order to kill off a highly bunker class, a team needs to 3 v 1? You don’t even touch on the fact that your idea also means the other 2 people on the team needs to fight 4. Fighting a 2 v 4 because your team has to focus on a target is the reason why Eles were balanced to how they are now.

“I can’t kill Druid and Druid can’t kill me so nerf Druid”…

Yup, pretty much sums it up. Anet didn’t want to have a class that’s so bunker, that they could spec into all defense. Pro League players rage quit a tournament due to this. So in response, Eles were nerfed, and certain Ammys were removed from PvP.

Op plays engineer and says “stealth only supposed to be for thief and Mesmer so get it off Druid”, but forgets scrapper sneaky gyro…

Good Engis don’t use Stealth Gyro. If they remove it, that’s fine.

Engis have only 1 long range interrupt and don’t have weapon swap. If the Druid decides to fight in melee range, then we have more options to interrupt.

So instead of some of you getting better, just make a thread asking for the devs to nerf something so you don’t have to put in the competitive effort.

Not sure you PvP much against bunkers. Defensive spec’d Druids can out-heal an Engi’s DPS. If we had more gap closers like Warrs or Thieves, then we could have a better chance.

in PvP

Posted by: Vagrant.7206

Vagrant.7206

I think Druids have just a wee too much bunker in them. With a Toughness and Healing Power build, Druids can contest points for the whole match solo. When I’ve been fighting 1 v 1 using my Engi, I get him down to half HP, then poof, full heal. 5 minutes later, I need to call for backup because he just won’t go away. IMO, Druids are more OP than Dragon Hunters.

The irony is people used to complain about engineers doing this, and now it’s druid’s turn.

GG ANet WP

The great god Lagki demands sacrifice.

in PvP

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

The meta eng vs druid is two classes that sacrificed damage for durability. That match up should as a stalemate until there is a plus 1. With the exception of thief pretty much every class should be abe to decap a druid. Warriors and Mesmer’s should eat a druid for lunch.

in PvP

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Do you need reminder that conquest is team player game? Killing somebody fast (and with high success rate) who caries his team by heals and has means to ress people fast under weak pressure isn’t important?

So you’re agreeing that in order to kill off a highly bunker class, a team needs to 3 v 1? You don’t even touch on the fact that your idea also means the other 2 people on the team needs to fight 4. Fighting a 2 v 4 because your team has to focus on a target is the reason why Eles were balanced to how they are now.

“I can’t kill Druid and Druid can’t kill me so nerf Druid”…

Yup, pretty much sums it up. Anet didn’t want to have a class that’s so bunker, that they could spec into all defense. Pro League players rage quit a tournament due to this. So in response, Eles were nerfed, and certain Ammys were removed from PvP.

Good Engis don’t use Stealth Gyro. If they remove it, that’s fine.

Engis have only 1 long range interrupt and don’t have weapon swap. If the Druid decides to fight in melee range, then we have more options to interrupt.

Not sure you PvP much against bunkers. Defensive spec’d Druids can out-heal an Engi’s DPS. If we had more gap closers like Warrs or Thieves, then we could have a better chance.

How about we nerf Engi because the Druid couldn’t kills you right? I mean, even with all those things you want to nerf on Druid, that player couldn’t get the job done solo and obviously would need back up… See how that works out?

I run around wvw all the time, fight against more builds and gear sets than in spvp, with any amount of players smashing on me at the same time…

Your op and subsequent posts are not any rational arguments. Like at all… Improve yourself first. Get better at fighting for circles and learn from each encounter.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

in PvP

OGDeadHead.8326

How about we nerf Engi because the Druid couldn’t kills you right? I mean, even with all those things you want to nerf on Druid, that player couldn’t get the job done solo and obviously would need back up… See how that works out?

I’ve already tried that argument. Logic is only a oneway street to some…

in PvP

Posted by: Vicariuz.1605

Vicariuz.1605

I think they should remove the cd on CA tbf

in PvP

Smooth Penguin.5294

The only reason why a bunker Druid can’t kill an Engi is because he gave up all his Power for Toughness, Vitality, and Healing Power (through runes and ammy). So your attempt to justify an Engi nerf fails the test.

Power Hammer Engi is not weak. It’s just that Druid playstyle has too much sustain under a bunker build. I can take out pretty much all classes 1 v 1. Druids are a pain, and they’re designed that way.

in PvP

Mr Godlike.6098

I agree that you read what YOU WANT TO READ not exactly understanding argument here. Never said that you have to 3v1 druid to kill him
You don’t understand basics of conquest
With your logic i understand that team focusing necro is unbalanced because they don’t pay attention for his team mates?

You know what? Keep it up! Basically every class after hot was sustain creeped so will have same problems… i guess with evertyhing 1v1 besides thief and ele^^ enjoy amber!

Kawaleria (KW)

in PvP

Durzlla.6295

It puts enemy under great pressure not to mention rev dog has knockdown with like 10000 km range.

Have you ever played a glassy burst build before? They either have enough mobility where they get in burst and leave, or burst from far away. You literally kill them before the pet has long enough to pressure you, if you end up in a prolonged fight you kittened up and should retreate and try again later, or if it’s in a team fight you back out of the brawl and wait to dash back in and pick them off.

in PvP

Cynz.9437

Have you ever played a glassy burst build before? They either have enough mobility where they get in burst and leave, or burst from far away. You literally kill them before the pet has long enough to pressure you, if you end up in a prolonged fight you kittened up and should retreate and try again later, or if it’s in a team fight you back out of the brawl and wait to dash back in and pick them off.

I play “burst build” – any half decent druid won’t die right away….. It takes 1 click for pet to pressure “burst” builds…

All is Vain~

(edited by Cynz.9437)

in PvP

Smooth Penguin.5294

Since Grouch confirmed a balance patch coming out later, I’d like to take this time to remind Anet that Druids need a good looking at. Bunkers are fine if there’s a limit to the amount of heals and sustain. No need to remove runes or ammys. Adjusting a few skills here and there, or increasing recharge could be just enough to bring balance to this class.

in PvP

Kuya.6495

Why do you think druids need adjusting?

in PvP

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

Because they heal to others too well while super healing themselves. There is no trade off to that. They make everyone a bunker and can bunker themselves. If their pet and burst was super weak it might be acceptable.

And yes please do not remove anymore amulets. We need actual class balance not amulet changes that will break barely balanced classes.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

in PvP

Kuya.6495

I have never seen a druid keep a teammate alive under a burst nor have i ever seen a druid survive a 3v1. A 2v1 maybe, depending on the dps the two enemies are packing.

I feeltm that the complaining about druid is mostly a solo q hero issue where people seem to get mad if they can’t solo something and win. Team wise? I find druid balanced.