PvP Druid needs balancing

in PvP

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

Well too bad you haven’t because I have seen them last over a minute 3 vs 1 and indefinitely 2 vs 1 in legend.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

I’m in legend. Haven’t seen that.

Maybe my teams just know how to burst.

in PvP

Zelulose.8695

Or maybe your just not playing solo que because obviously 5 vs 5 is different as with synced burst anything will die. I played solo que to legend so all my references are solo que based.

in PvP

Kuya.6495

I solo queue’d to legend, bruv

in PvP

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

Or maybe your just not playing solo que because obviously 5 vs 5 is different as with synced burst anything will die. I played solo que to legend so all my references are solo que based.

Maybe it is a skill gap issue. There are pretty big skill gaps in most divisions where the guy playing 500 matches is pitted against people that got to the same place in less than 100. There is no way a druid should be able to hold a point for a minute 3v1. Any class except thief should be able to consistently pressure a druid enough to decap a point 1v1.

in PvP

Zelulose.8695

I’m not talking about my issues I can kill a druid on my DH eventually. I am only speaking on behalf of the community of other classes that take longer to kill it. This is why I stated it as an observation. I would often leave a point 2 vs 1 or 3 vs 1 so they could end the druid while I am somewhere else. Over time, I realized the druid doesn’t die fast enough. They end up not taking the point for too long and it creates an unfair match up at the other points. I could just say my team sucks but after seeing the scenario over and over again I concluded that the masses of legendary players should not be having this much trouble decapping an outnumbered druid.

In anycase you highlight another issue which I protested with my time. That you will be default get legend if you play enough. You can climb to legend with less than a 50% win rate. In fact you can probably climb to legend without trying and just on pure luck thanks to the forced 50/50 win rate system. I remember a time when we had an afk and were down players and won a 4 vs 5 because i had a loss streak. In other-words, at some point I had to win.

in PvP

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

So poor matchmaking + forced 50/50 ratio x bunker healing Druid = need for Druid rebalancing.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in PvP

Posted by: Mr Godlike.6098

Mr Godlike.6098

So poor matchmaking + forced 50/50 ratio x bunker healing Druid = need for Druid rebalancing.

YOU need…as an engi…Yes let’s think about that all poor engis out there that can’t with bunkering kill bunkering spec’s…those poor souls….

I wonder if you couldn’t kill with your engi other engi on his point…you would ask for nerf for engi…I guess we will never know….

Was depressed ele…now depressed druid
Kawaleria (KW)

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Dolyak Rune could be nerfed to stop working with Celestial force, Druid healing is fine though because THAT’S WHAT THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO DO! but they should nerf the stealth trait by giving it a longer cooldown. What good druids usually do now is they intentionally don’t use all their Celestial force so they can go into it again, moments later, only to come out of it and stealth again.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in PvP

Posted by: duster.7013

duster.7013

Scrapper complaining about not being able to solo bunker druids, comedy gold.

Also their potential healing and ally condi clear is worse than scrapper and ele.

(edited by duster.7013)

in PvP

Posted by: Erzian.5218

Erzian.5218

I think healing is fine and so is damage.
The amount of dodges however, is not fine. That also goes for other classes like rev though. Staff3 as well as s/d evades could need a cool down increase, just increase the damage on s/d evades accordingly, so that the effect remains the same outside of the evade.
S/d alone provides more than twice the amount of dodges, that basic endurance regen does and druid also has 12/15 (realistically 12 out of 16-17 though) seconds vigor on top of that.

(edited by Erzian.5218)

in PvP

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

but they should nerf the stealth trait by giving it a longer cooldown. What good druids usually do now is they intentionally don’t use all their Celestial force so they can go into it again, moments later, only to come out of it and stealth again.

Since CA has a cd of 10 seconds, so does Celestial Shadow in a best case scenario IF you’re able to fill the bar within that time. You can also be locked out of CA for far longer than that, which means you’re also locked out of Celestial Shadow.

What do you suggest? More “out of sync” trait cooldowns that don’t follow the natural flow of the mechanics? No thank you, way too many of those plague this game already, both traits and skills.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

in PvP

Posted by: UmbraNoctis.1907

UmbraNoctis.1907

The amount of dodges however, is not fine. That also goes for other classes like rev though. Staff3 as well as s/d evades could need a cool down increase, just increase the damage on s/d evades accordingly, so that the effect remains the same outside of the evade.
S/d alone provides more than twice the amount of dodges, that basic endurance regen does and druid also has 12/15 (realistically 12 out of 16-17 though) seconds vigor on top of that.

Yes, please more core ranger nerfs for the sake of balancing druid …

in PvP

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

Dolyak Rune could be nerfed to stop working with Celestial force, Druid healing is fine though because THAT’S WHAT THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO DO! but they should nerf the stealth trait by giving it a longer cooldown. What good druids usually do now is they intentionally don’t use all their Celestial force so they can go into it again, moments later, only to come out of it and stealth again.

So? That whole time they are in stealth, you just capped the point…

They can only attack with their pet in that time to remain cloaked, so just dodge the pets’ 2 spike attacks and you’re golden.

NSPride <3

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

I think Druids have just a wee too much bunker in them. With a Toughness and Healing Power build, Druids can contest points for the whole match solo. When I’ve been fighting 1 v 1 using my Engi, I get him down to half HP, then poof, full heal. 5 minutes later, I need to call for backup because he just won’t go away. IMO, Druids are more OP than Dragon Hunters.

Anet just delete more amulets and leave Druid alone, for WvW and PvE. As a kinda Druid main nowadays. Druid is over-performing in sPvP only due to that fact you removed all of the other classes legit amulet and rune options.

In PvE Druids are highly lackluster, almost all over classes out perform Druids here. In WvW condi stealth builds more so looking at condi chronomancer outperforms Druid with it’s condi brusts, stealth, sustain , and mobility, good Daredevils can match Druids stride for stride, Berserkers can go invuln for long periods of time and use their primal burst skills with headbutt to lock down and burst other classes down.

I can name a few other reasons why Druids are only overpowered in sPvP. But what I wrote above should be good enoth. ANet’s sPvP team destroyed any chance of balancing when they agreed to only be able to remove and add amulets and runes to sPvP. Place alot of those amulets and rune back into sPvP and then Druid will be performing in sPvP just like or worst then they are in the rest of the game.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

in PvP

Zelulose.8695

Well what you said needs to be heard reaper. Their balancing methods need to change. While I understand this we need real balance updates or this game is going to die. PvE is getting old especially compared to new pve games. Pvp is the only place to keep this game alive. and they ruined their only chance. This next patch may change this op pinion. My view is neutral on the last patch as it didn’t do much. If this patch lets us down the pvp community will move on to the 2016-2017 games. It’s crunch time Anet.

in PvP

Reaper Alim.4176

Well what you said needs to be heard reaper. Their balancing methods need to change. While I understand this we need real balance updates or this game is going to die. PvE is getting old especially compared to new pve games. Pvp is the only place to keep this game alive. and they ruined their only chance. This next patch may change this op pinion. My view is neutral on the last patch as it didn’t do much. If this patch lets us down the pvp community will move on to the 2016-2017 games. It’s crunch time Anet.

The sPvP community in this game is even smaller then the WvW community which is small in it’s own rights. Being a gamer that plays all of the game modes except Raids to include Tier 4 fractals.

It almost seems like ANet is going to try to make a Hail Mary play via the WvW mode. They have been putting a lot of attention in to WvW lately. Which I wholesomely like to thank ANet. WvW needs it badly. But so does sPvP.

However I’m thinking just because of the Conquest match design in GW2. They have came to terms it’s a lost cause at this point. So they will only continue to apply small band-aids to the open chest wounds of sPvP. And try to ride it out as best they can. At least that’s my personal take on things. While trying to slowly repair the damage done to WvW to retain and maybe gain more to that community.

PvE mode lol these guys are sitting lovely. Compared to how other PvE communties are sitting on other modern day MMOs these days.

But at least I admit it!

in PvP

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

Go ahead and Nerf dolyak BUT PLEASE let astral force SCALE BETTER WITH DAMAGE.

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in PvP

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

Meta build does not have WS. no endurance trait. Is this the 6/6/6/6/6 build?

Dagger is only taken for the evade. 5 is meh, and you wanna nerf that weapon set? Buff 5 to be AoE then.

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in PvP

Erzian.5218

Meta build does not have WS. no endurance trait. Is this the 6/6/6/6/6 build?

Dagger is only taken for the evade. 5 is meh, and you wanna nerf that weapon set? Buff 5 to be AoE then.

Stop acting smart, because all you do is look silly. This is the standard druid, bm, nm build. You get vigor from nm. Nowhere did I mention an “endurance trait”

in PvP

Posted by: Leolas.6273

Leolas.6273

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

I have never seen a druid keep a teammate alive under a burst nor have i ever seen a druid survive a 3v1. A 2v1 maybe, depending on the dps the two enemies are packing.

I feeltm that the complaining about druid is mostly a solo q hero issue where people seem to get mad if they can’t solo something and win. Team wise? I find druid balanced.

Druid is the best 1v1 and 2v2, so the king of sides; decent dmg, good support and amazing sustain. Right now druid is overperforming, as it will be nearly unkillable while having a huge impact in the game.

M I L K B O I S

in PvP

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

I have never seen a druid keep a teammate alive under a burst nor have i ever seen a druid survive a 3v1. A 2v1 maybe, depending on the dps the two enemies are packing.

I feeltm that the complaining about druid is mostly a solo q hero issue where people seem to get mad if they can’t solo something and win. Team wise? I find druid balanced.

I mean, I’ve survived a 3v1 as Druid for like 1-2min, but they were all absolutely terrible players who probably would’ve lost a 1v1 against my brown bear… but I feel like that’s the quality of most people complaining anyway.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in PvP

Reaper Alim.4176

I mean, I’ve survived a 3v1 as Druid for like 1-2min, but they were all absolutely terrible players who probably would’ve lost a 1v1 against my brown bear… but I feel like that’s the quality of most people complaining anyway.

Pretty much for the most part that’s all that remains of the GW2’s sPvP community. People who try play other people’s purposely kitten(Metabattle) builds. Then cry about people who make their own builds to exploit the obvious weakness in the Brain Dead easy to play, easy to lose on, if just a trash player using a metabattle build.

Funny thing is I have a custom power Chronomancer sPvP build that is pretty king of 1v1 and will put most Druids to shame. And if the Druid I’m 1v1ing is using a metaloser build then it’s a automatic win for me.

This is just what we people that can think for our selves do. And understand the classes and the game mechanics have and will countinue to do. That because of the dumb and lazy rune and amulet system.(You just can’t beat Math) People can try to force a false Meta for the average players that is king at the highly organized premade vs highly organized premade levels. But this is what happens with all trickle from the top to bottom systems. They allow for loopholes that can be exploited and abused that was not covered. In GW2’s case with the meta.(Copy paste unorganized sheep vs other players and sheep.)

Let just speculate and say ANet does nerf Druids, DHs, and Scrappers even more. Guess what guys I already have 2 custom Reaper and a Chronomancer builds that would make people cry even more then now, with the absence of the Bruiser-like classes/playstyles.

At this point the skill level of most of the GW2’s remanding community. Is soo low that most new LoL or Smite players with only 12 to 15 hours of game play. Can more then likely pick up GW2 and learn the basics of the classes. Then proceed to stomping the living hell out of most of the Legendary Division players. This is what happens when you abandon any form of a real competition from happening in a supposed competitive game mode. Your so called pros are just actual noobs that just exploit certain systems and gimmicks of the game. (IE Match Maker, Class Stacking. and Buggy Mechanics.)

With the way Conquest sPvP game mode is designed and balanced. As long as ANet don’t nerf all the professions to do 1 dps across the board. Their will always be that build that players will claim to be OP because they are too lazy to think.( IE, nerf sustain in sPvP, then condi and power burst playstyles will take the lead. The problem is the Conquest game mode itself. Having points that are small enoth to just be completely covered by damaging AOEs or Sustain builds like in Season One lol. Just looks like a completely nightmare to even try to balance around the mechanics of all of the current professions.

But at least I admit it!

(edited by Reaper Alim.4176)

in PvP

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

I’m calling it now:

If A-net decides to nerf the sustain of Druids, Dragonhunters, and/or Scrappers like so many of you are advocates for…

you will be back here complaining about how the meta is too bursty and how everything dies in seconds.

Maybe insert some random “condi OP” post somewhere.

I’m callling it now, but I feel like my warning will fall on deaf ears.

NSPride <3

in PvP

Posted by: Darkside.7182

Darkside.7182

Too many complaining for every classes :/ Sad but true.

I’m pretty sure you never gonna make a balanced game. Because there is a lot of broken things and when you did something you breaking another thing.

But if you decides nerfing classes you should reorganise all of them. Otherwise we gonna talk same things about different classes.

Druid, Mesmer, DH, Warrior, Thief, Scrapper, Revenant all those classes are broken. Main problem is unbalanced offensive/defensive capabilities. You giving everything. All classes should have same rule; if you chose offensive gameplay you gonna lose defensive abilities, defensive gameplay gonna lose offensive abilities.

But you keep creating tanky(block,regen,heal,invul,evade,stealth,take no damage) dps classes.

If you really wanna make balanced PvP you should separate PvP – PvE/WvW like first days of gw2. Different traits, different skill specs. Thats the only way.

Btw you guys should know GW2 is a PvE based game.

in PvP

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

There was a insane amount of complaints about d/d ele a while back. Because buhu they had so much sustain and survivebillity skills and now suddenly with druid this is ok, because?

in PvP

Zelulose.8695

I know I am not biased when I say the druid has problems because I highlight issues from my own class and main.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/Charity-Mesmer-Rotations/first#post6356054

With that credibility established I would say I highlight op or broken features on every class regardless of which one I like to play because I want player to have to use skill to win. Druid is only one of many brain dead builds in the game. I would have it fixed along with mesmer, perma evade thief, resistance condi warrior, DH, and scrapper.

in PvP

Smooth Penguin.5294

With that credibility established I would say I highlight op or broken features on every class regardless of which one I like to play because I want player to have to use skill to win. Druid is only one of many brain dead builds in the game. I would have it fixed along with mesmer, perma evade thief, resistance condi warrior, DH, and scrapper.

I admit that Mesmers are pretty strong due to the clone army they spawn and explode. But the problem with them is that they’re weak without clones and illusions, so it’s hard to nerf without crippling their builds.

Perma evade Thief is basically a glass cannon. If they get hit a couple of times, the Thief will run away.

Warrs are broken, IMO. Traditionally, Warrior classes excel in physical melee. Being Condi strong makes no sense.

DH are 1-trick ponies. Most players know how to avoid pulls and traps, but get hit like a truck if caught off-guard.

Scrapper is fine. Just get rid of Stealth.

Going back to Druid, they have too many options for sustain. Maybe not touch outward heals, but reduce self-heals? Or lower their base Toughness to justify the need for so many heals? And make their pet stats follow the build of the Druid.

in PvP

Posted by: Static.9841

Static.9841

I think Druids have just a wee too much bunker in them. With a Toughness and Healing Power build, Druids can contest points for the whole match solo. When I’ve been fighting 1 v 1 using my Engi, I get him down to half HP, then poof, full heal. 5 minutes later, I need to call for backup because he just won’t go away. IMO, Druids are more OP than Dragon Hunters.

An Engi complaining about another class being able to hold a point indefinitely, now I’ve seen it all.

[Zeus] Guild ~ Desolation. Not some silly muffin thing, stop stalking me Dhiania!

in PvP

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

I admit that Mesmers are pretty strong due to the clone army they spawn and explode. But the problem with them is that they’re weak without clones and illusions, so it’s hard to nerf without crippling their builds.

Perma evade Thief is basically a glass cannon. If they get hit a couple of times, the Thief will run away.

Warrs are broken, IMO. Traditionally, Warrior classes excel in physical melee. Being Condi strong makes no sense.

DH are 1-trick ponies. Most players know how to avoid pulls and traps, but get hit like a truck if caught off-guard.

Scrapper is fine. Just get rid of Stealth.

Going back to Druid, they have too many options for sustain. Maybe not touch outward heals, but reduce self-heals? Or lower their base Toughness to justify the need for so many heals? And make their pet stats follow the build of the Druid.

as a rev i love those traps sometimes. when im low on hp i pop glint’s heal and step inside the trap. if im not full hp his auto or his allies autos will have gotten me to it.

im bad at sarcasm

in PvP

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

A long time ago, in PvP there was a bunker meta. Pain in the butt that was as it was nothing but 3+ bunkers. I got tired of it and created my “Bunker Busting Butthead” and it was amazing. 2v1’d bunker builds and was able to decap/cap afterwards. I still use the build, although they nerfed it really hard. Only issue was condi reapers (which the following season was nothing but)

I still bring my scrapper and haven’t met a bunker build I was not able to steal the cap from.

Best way to beat bunker builds, CC’s and poison.

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

in PvP

Reaper Alim.4176

Well It looks like Mesmer and Reaper are going to be coming out of the closet for Season 5. And my Druid and Scrapper will get hanged back up.

It’s ok guys I’m one of THOSE players who have all 9 classes maxed and geared, some with two sets of Ascended. Theory crafts many builds, have many duels in guild arenas. Kill many Zerglings in WvW in 1v2 situations on custom non meta builds against meta builds.(Hmm anyone surprised there tho? Meta just means predicable.)

Yall can nerf these builds needed a reason to dust off my Ascended Rifle that’s collected dust for a long time. With the coming nerfs to Druid, Scrapper, and what ever other bruiser builds out there. My Warrior with the rifle will become GOD teir’ed along side with my Mesmer, my Reaper will end up S – Tier. Then yall be back here crying nerf all over again, then the wheel turns again.(I don’t know maybe not just play one class and cry nerf on all of the others. Instead maybe at least learn the basics and CDs on all 9 classes?) Can’t wait to hear the out cry for burst builds in these forums when the Bruiser builds get declawed, and I’ll be like “I called it, didn’t I?”

But at least I admit it!

in PvP

Posted by: Cobrakon.3108

Cobrakon.3108

Any class that can be killed only when focused by multiple enemies is broken, period.

This, ladies and gentlemen, should be the axiom of all pvp balancing. Why isn’t it you ask? Because people are self delusional and don’t want you to take way their cheat treats.

I will take it a step further and say every class should have a fair shake and outskilling and winning every other class 1v1.

in PvP

Reaper Alim.4176

Any class that can be killed only when focused by multiple enemies is broken, period.

This, ladies and gentlemen, should be the axiom of all pvp balancing. Why isn’t it you ask? Because people are self delusional and don’t want you to take way their cheat treats.

I will take it a step further and say every class should have a fair shake and outskilling and winning every other class 1v1.

But if the class is only over performing in sPvP. Subpar in PvE. Equal in WvW roaming, completely trash tier in medium to large scale battle. Is that the class being over powered. Or is that the problem of the crap sPvP system mainly looking at the Amulet/Rune system.(You speak of balance from the view of the tree. However that balance of yours may or may not be worst then current for the forest as a whole. No?)

Again think about it. If Bruiser and bunkers go bye bye, then what takes it’s place? ANet’s sPvP system is so fragile that it create fast and lasting power vacuum. We all know, in a power vacuum something always just takes it’s place.

My guess is you are not completely short sighted, and just rather 3 to 6 sec 1v1 fights, right?

But at least I admit it!

in PvP

Smooth Penguin.5294

If we still had the Holy Trinity of Tank/Healer/DPS, then I could say having a Druid with near unlimited sustain is ok. But I agree that all classes should have a chance to win against other classes, minus skill.

If you have a player that knows how to dodge and interrupt, hey more power to you. But if you have a class that can simply spec to outheal or negate your damage, then something is inherently unfair.

in PvP

Reaper Alim.4176

If we still had the Holy Trinity of Tank/Healer/DPS, then I could say having a Druid with near unlimited sustain is ok. But I agree that all classes should have a chance to win against other classes, minus skill.

If you have a player that knows how to dodge and interrupt, hey more power to you. But if you have a class that can simply spec to outheal or negate your damage, then something is inherently unfair.

But this is not just a Druid exclusive tho. Dragonhunter, Zerker, Scrapper, Evade Daredevi, and Herald can all do this very easily as well. Hell DH and Zerker can do it better then the Druid. I know I plays all nine classes.

But at least I admit it!

in PvP

Cobrakon.3108

But if the class is only over performing in sPvP. Subpar in PvE. Equal in WvW roaming, completely trash tier in medium to large scale battle. Is that the class being over powered. Or is that the problem of the crap sPvP system mainly looking at the Amulet/Rune system.(You speak of balance from the view of the tree. However that balance of yours may or may not be worst then current for the forest as a whole. No?)

Again think about it. If Bruiser and bunkers go bye bye, then what takes it’s place? ANet’s sPvP system is so fragile that it create fast and lasting power vacuum. We all know, in a power vacuum something always just takes it’s place.

My guess is you are not completely short sighted, and just rather 3 to 6 sec 1v1 fights, right?

No my friend, it is you who is not seeing the forest from the trees. Bruisers and Bunkers can be allowed to exist to a certain extent only and here is the big kicker, Only if they can dodge or time skillfull abilities to negate being locked down(cc) damaged from high damage abilities.

Right now the game makes well placed cc and spike damage irrelevant. Many Bunker and Bruiser builds require only the knowledge of what should come next rather than any active skill sets such as well placed dodges etc.

So what you get is someone who is significantly better than the other person cant complete the kill even though they are outplaying the other person.

It seems every person who is against bringing down the insane sustain of some classes always cries “Burst Meta” as if there isn’t a middle ground… And no my friend we are not in that middle ground. We are far to high sustain. Just like politicians using emotions to sway voters, using the “bust meta” scare tactic doesn’t work. I do not want fights to last 4 seconds either. How ever after some nicely timed cc and burst damage the other enemy should fall in a reasonable amount of time. If you 1. land your cc to interrupt big attacks or heals 2. avoid their big hits with well placed dodges. and 3 land your spike damage, you should win plain and simple.

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

No my friend, it is you who is not seeing the forest from the trees. Bruisers and Bunkers can be allowed to exist to a certain extent only and here is the big kicker, Only if they can dodge or time skillfull abilities to negate being locked down(cc) damaged from high damage abilities.

Right now the game makes well placed cc and spike damage irrelevant. Many Bunker and Bruiser builds require only the knowledge of what should come next rather than any active skill sets such as well placed dodges etc.

So what you get is someone who is significantly better than the other person cant complete the kill even though they are outplaying the other person.

It seems every person who is against bringing down the insane sustain of some classes always cries “Burst Meta” as if there isn’t a middle ground… And no my friend we are not in that middle ground. We are far to high sustain. Just like politicians using emotions to sway voters, using the “bust meta” scare tactic doesn’t work. I do not want fights to last 4 seconds either. How ever after some nicely timed cc and burst damage the other enemy should fall in a reasonable amount of time. If you 1. land your cc to interrupt big attacks or heals 2. avoid their big hits with well placed dodges. and 3 land your spike damage, you should win plain and simple.

Ha..something I will never get tired of seeing : a thief preaching about balance

I only see thieves complaining about what kills them efficiently : druids and dragonhunters…moan about what is hard to kill because of their sustain but way easier : eles,scrappers and revs…

You will never see thieves complaining about reapers ( staff spam for the win ) or mesmers ( stealth and burst easy ) or warriors ( teleport in…teleport out burst and run, headshot spam for the win)

BUT WAIT! here the best part : apparently in GW2 “outplay” your enemy means this!

WoW! 1 button wonder outplay! GW2 balance at its finest! Look how skilled you must be to play daredevil..Hey! hey your random reader watching this video did you die to a thief?…pfffff

Well placed CC in GW2 means go stealth-precast and ..CC the unaware target Tell me more again how hard is too CC a target on a thief stealthed from behind the corner..god

Ha..just one more

Balance..oh yeah …balance but hey if you then complain about thieves do you know their answer :" if you die to thieves you need..more sustain" xd

(edited by Supreme.3164)

in PvP

Kuya.6495

If dh being op means less thfs in solo q, i’d say that’s a godsend

in PvP

Cobrakon.3108

Ha..something I will never get tired of seeing : a thief preaching about balance

I only see thieves complaining about what kills them efficiently : druids and dragonhunters…moan about what is hard to kill because of their sustain but way easier : eles,scrappers and revs…

You will never see thieves complaining about reapers ( staff spam for the win ) or mesmers ( stealth and burst easy ) or warriors ( teleport in…teleport out burst and run, headshot spam for the win)

BUT WAIT! here the best part : apparently in GW2 “outplay” your enemy means this!

WoW! 1 button wonder outplay! GW2 balance at its finest! Look how skilled you must be to play daredevil..Hey! hey your random reader watching this video did you die to a thief?…pfffff

Well placed CC in GW2 means go stealth-precast and ..CC the unaware target Tell me more again how hard is too CC a target on a thief stealthed from behind the corner..god

Ha..just one more

Balance..oh yeah …balance but hey if you then complain about thieves do you know their answer :" if you die to thieves you need..more sustain" xd

LOLS again putting words in my mouth. All you guys have is scare tactics and fallacious remarks. I actually play Druid more right now than any other class. And Druid vs Druid , Engineer, DH, etc is boring as all kitten. The fights take way to long. So its not just a matter or thief vs sustain or damage vs sustain, its also sustain vs sustain.

Stop being a spoiled brat because your afraid someones going to take your prize away.
Lets think what is fair.

As for your thief comment on cc being cheezy. There are actually times when cc isnt cheezy particularly non spammable cc like traps etc. If sustain gets brought more inline against damage dealers making a fight that could go either way, then I also believe the d/p set on thief probably needs to be looked at and toned down, along with some other damage classes.

Please, try to understand this isn’t just conspiracy to make one class powerful. This is about making the game more balanced plain and simple. No one wants a 3 second burst fight, nor do people want a fight that never ends or takes far too long.

(edited by Cobrakon.3108)

in PvP

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

No one wants a 3 second burst fight

Most thieves and twitch kidz begs to differ with that statement…

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

in PvP

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

This thread still going?

Y’all keep going back and forth on a silly thread… Op couldn’t kill Druid for a circle, and the Druid couldn’t kill the op attacking the circle, so obviously nerf Druid because the op won’t improve…

The devs can’t hold hands to make you better players, do it yourselves.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in PvP

Smooth Penguin.5294

A message from the Skills Team:

One of the most notable changes being made is to the healing values of the Druid as a primary healer. Base values for the Celestial Avatar heals will be reduced, while the healing power contribution will be enhanced significantly. The reasoning for these changes is that while we are excited about the Druid being an incredibly strong healer, we would also like to see that role as one of many choices in your attribute build.

I’m thankful the Devs realize the problem with Druid healing. But even with the planned CA heal nerf, how does “healing power contribution” buff factor into the changes? Does that mean Druids who spec for healing will get even more benefits? Or will the healing be the same as previous base healing should a player spec into healing?

in PvP

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

One of the most notable changes being made is to the healing values of the Druid as a primary healer. Base values for the Celestial Avatar heals will be reduced, while the healing power contribution will be enhanced significantly. The reasoning for these changes is that while we are excited about the Druid being an incredibly strong healer, we would also like to see that role as one of many choices in your attribute build.

I’m thankful the Devs realize the problem with Druid healing. But even with the planned CA heal nerf, how does “healing power contribution” buff factor into the changes? Does that mean Druids who spec for healing will get even more benefits? Or will the healing be the same as previous base healing should a player spec into healing?

Considering the meta Druid runs +1050 healing power…

in PvP

Reaper Alim.4176

Lol I know right! If the Dev nerfs non healing power Druid’s heals. Yet buff Druid’s heals that has healing power, kitten that really would sux for yall. I say this because that will mean my Druid would become even more powerful in sPvP. Which is the only game mode I see this problem again due to the fact of the limited Amulet/Rune system. At the same time Druid would fall behind even more in other game modes. I do hope ANet gives Druids more damage in PvE mode but leave their damage alone in sPvP mode if they nerf their healing without healing power.(Which I can’t really complain too much about.)

I honestly think that the devs. maybe should’ve nerf Druid damage a tiny bit if any thing.

But at least I admit it!

in PvP

Posted by: megilandil.7506

megilandil.7506

making healing on druid more stat dependant is a good move but also needs another to balances ranger/druids, make the pokemon stat dependant a full healer whith a critter hiting like a train is what makes the druids really op they can outsustain and kill whit the ia controlled pokemon, the stats of pets must in some sort be modified whith master atributes

in PvP

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

Completely remaking my post.

On the subject of making pets scale with the rangers stats. I feel you should think a bit more before pushing for this change.

The change would involve pushing pets and by extension the ranger himself to further extremes in either direction.

Either creating hyper burst builds. (Think bursts on the level of 23k+ plus every 15 seconds in a dps build)

Or Bunker builds that might as well have multiple heal skills (Imagine if moa’s aoe heal healed as much as heal as one. You think druid sustain is good NOW?)

The real downside is that you would cripple pet choice for both dps and bunker builds. MASSIVELY lowering the pet diversity. And completely removing most of the pets that are barely competitive choices. (with your suggestion a wolf would simply be too squishy for a dps build to take and wouldn’t have significant purpose in a bunker build except as a CC Bot. Meaning there would be better options)

Not only that but your suggestion would likely involve reworking the base damage of scaling of most if not all damaging/healing pet skills. And there still trying to get them working with the current system.

I feel like adding a pet trait line would be more realistic than what your suggesting. Just from a sure workload perspective.

Ghost Yak

in PvP

Erzian.5218

MASSIVELY lowering the pet diversity.

Smokescale + Bristleback – such diversity, very wow.

in PvP

Posted by: Rap Tiger.1257

Rap Tiger.1257

I do not druid game and my ranger using pets as wyverns, still can kill most of the druids do not see how even have classes using the spec elite still crying for failing to kill druid, I think it is lack of training or players pve going for pvp when barely kill the mobs of pve.

Britslback and smokescale is not the least bit op and I can guarantee this because with the nerfs, they are up to no good the way it is