PvP - Full of anger and insuling...

in PvP

Posted by: moony.5780

moony.5780

Dear dear Arenanet, Gw2 Community,
It would be really nice ..when people play pvp..they dont need to be scared that they will get insulted no matter what they do…i get insulted for winning..i get insulted for losing..thats my daily pvp (and im not a bad player…and pvp nearly everyday)

i got enough from this…!! and i dont want that so many player in gw2 need to suffer bcs of this!!

Im speaking for all when i say:
I dont want come home tired from work and relax..and the first thing someone tell me is: OMG NOOOB, GO DIE, U TRASH

i know its normal that in pvp people get faster emotional and angry…but..this is no reason to insult someone and hurt someone….and its a part of the rules of gw2 (i know noone read it..but..) that insulting someone is forbidden…..actually it should be a general standard that insulting is bad..we r all human and have our pride and rights.

Maybe the generation under me see it as normal to hurt eachother and hurting words became a standard…but this game should not teach them that it is ok..there should be a better way to punish them( forexample a buff which cant let them talk to others for 1h)..and show them how bad it is not to respect eachother and say any bad word they want.

A wrong button click, and bad teambalance, and many others r no reason to hurt someone !!

I attached some pictues about my and my guildies daily pvp chat…

Edit to prevent missunderstandings:
1) to picture 1:
the problem here was it was not possible to rez him without dying also..so attacking the dead enemie was better….but it was ok that that guy said “rez”…what was the problem is that he/she said “TRASH” i dont mind him/her saying the things from before..but why someone call someone trash? that person is not garbage he/she is a human

2) + 3) picture i dont know the situation..its from a guildmate…its just an example how rude peopel can be to show u that this cant go on ! (but what i heared is the one who got flammed killed svanier and the match was won bcs of that) (but that guy got already rank 50+ so he knows what he do)

and making a mistake is no reason to hurt someone..its a reason to tell someone he/she should do better..can be even angry..if the words r fine..but why is there a need for hurting words??

I played more than 1000 ranked games in arenas …so i think i can say i dont make stupid mistakes a lot

Attachments:

(edited by moony.5780)

in PvP

Posted by: Verilan.2963

Verilan.2963

Well, it looks like you regularly kitten off angry 12-year olds
That said, I dont think the displayed behaviour is acceptable by any degree, but its hard to effectively diminish it. I suggest proactive use of the block function, whenever angry pvp’ers get their panties in a twist.

Of course, as you look at the fight, the poor ranger did everything right,
yet was beaten by an omnipotent, invisible assassin of justice, or whatever.
Thief

in PvP

Posted by: sendmark.4731

sendmark.4731

The best is always some variation of ‘PVE’, go back to PVE, PVE idiot etc…

in PvP

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

It would be really nice ..when people play pvp..they dont need to be scared that they will get insulted no matter what they do…i get insulted for winning..i get insulted for losing..thats my daily pvp (and im not a bad player…and pvp nearly everyday)

i got enough from this…!! and i dont want that so many player in gw2 need to suffer bcs of this!!

I dont want come home tired from work and relax..and the first thing someone tell me is: OMG NOOOB, GO DIE, U TRASH

i know its normal that in pvp people get faster emotional and angry…but..this is no reason to insult someone and hurt someone….and its a part of the rules of gw2 (i know noone read it..but..) that insulting someone is forbidden…..actually it should be a general standard that insulting is bad..we r all human and have our pride and rights.

Maybe the generation under me see it as normal to hurt eachother and hurting words became a standard…but this game should not teach them that it is ok..there should be a better way to punish them( forexample a buff which cant let them talk to others for 1h)..and show them how bad it is not to respect eachother and say any bad word they want.

A wrong button click, and bad teambalance, and many others r no reason to hurt someone !!

That’s sadly a big part of pvp in various games and it doesnt look like it’s going to go away any time soon.

Either learn to ignore/block them or start making fun of them.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

in PvP

Posted by: Costeleta.7236

Costeleta.7236

Man i feel you, this also happens to me sometimes. Unfortunatly this is something to be expected from public games, my suggestion is to play with friends and guildies in premades.
The other day i was playing with my mesmer and i got pulled into the mid of the team fight and got downed over and over again. The guy ressing me started complaining about how i was kitten etc. Anyways we lost that match. Next match i queued i found him again but this time he was on the enemy team. Right at the start he starts complaining about me to my team and my teammates backed me up. He was talking about how my team was gonna have to carry me etc, 1 min later big team fight, he rushes to me and i beat him and escape, now he is saying ‘’Bro Cake( my mesmer name) is kitten and will always be kitten’‘. 5 mins later my team wins and his team is telling him to shut up. After that i whisper to him ’’u got rekt m8’’ and ignore him. Who laughs last, laughs better xD.
Dont listen to these people their stupid and not worth ur time and if ur guild is being like that to u, well leave the guild i join a more friendly one, im still looking for one.

Just a nobody

in PvP

moony.5780

i usually go with my guild..and we r all friends so they r fine…problem are the enemies..or when i go alone..

if i block daily 5 player my b-list gets full…

(edited by moony.5780)

in PvP

Posted by: Isslair.4908

Isslair.4908

Play better – you won’t get rage if you’re winning.

EU Aurora Glade

in PvP

moony.5780

just had a match where i had to block even 3 player….my my..

in PvP

moony.5780

its not a matter of playing bad or good…no matter if i play really good..or really bad..i get insulted @ Isslair

in PvP

Posted by: Sansa.5186

Sansa.5186

I was the ‘’ coward at the canon’’ lol
Won the match and was the top scorer.. x) kittened fruitcakes.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

There’s usually two sides to every story so I highly doubt that it’s just your play that’s causing this to happen. Shirley you must say something…

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

in PvP

Sansa.5186

Play better – you won’t get rage if you’re winning.

Winning or losing, it doesn’t matter. For these sad people nothing is good.

in PvP

moony.5780

@phokus ok…i was fighting…and winning..suddenly someone said “get ***ed” …i said nothing…only playing..what is wrong?

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

+1 on this. Can we get the mods to start being a bit more stiff with bans for this kinda stuff? You can’t really use the community as a selling point for your xpac with stuff like this going on…

in PvP

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

I would ask him if he’s mad.

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

in PvP

Posted by: Fanta.8049

Fanta.8049

Im playing both pvp and pve .Believe me , im blocking ppl everyday since this pvp turning into esport , sometime i play terrible ,guys tell me go back to pve , i just laugh at them ,because pve isn’t easy like they think … but really ,if your team lose because you are terrible or do something non-esport like chase ppl , fighting out point ,not rotate , not looking at the mini map and feed ….. sure thing it’s your fault. Accept it ,keep blocking ppl ,try to do better next time.

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

There’s a difference between telling to do something different in order to correct a bad behavior and using someone as your emotional punching bag because you can’t control yourself.

…and sadly many PvPers don’t understand that distinction.

in PvP

Posted by: Isslair.4908

Isslair.4908

I only see this kind of behaviour when my team is losing hard, and never that severe. I’ve NEVER seen people rage during a winning match.It really makes me think, that the problem is in you guys who get flamed.

And lol, “top score” means nothing. Most of the time it’s the top scorers who are the worst part of lost game, chasing 1 thief with 3 people to get those kill points, etc.

EU Aurora Glade

in PvP

moony.5780

@ Isslair
hm…so its my problem that i get isulted? its my own fault when someone else cant behave?
(i wish u could watch my matches and how i play…u will see that there is nothing wrong in fighting a 1vs1..i didnt even said a word…and i get insulted, nomatter if i lose or win..either im a noob or i should get ****ed)
And..im playing daily like 10 matches..and i play since release pve and pvp…so i know what im talking about..and im not a whinning child…im fight that bad behavoir of player….so pls believe me when i say…people insult me out of nothing….and u can see that many other also experience that.

(edited by moony.5780)

in PvP

Posted by: Wintersnight.3061

Wintersnight.3061

i usually go with my guild..and we r all friends so they r fine…problem are the enemies..or when i go alone..

if i block daily 5 player my b-list gets full…

I call BS. We all play this game and none of get so many people spamming us hate chat that there are 5 blocks per day. If that is true – then listen to the people…they are trying to tell you to quit sucking. Grow so thick skin, shave off the insults from the statements and see if there is a theme to their arguments.

It takes 2 to get an argument going! People are allowed to tell you to stop being a tool and chasing far if you keep sucking at it. If you keep chasing far and sucking – maybe you should listen up. Buck up, get your head in the game and fix your error. If you are so effected by the way they say something to you….over the internet….in a video game, then maybe you should work on your Zen Place too. Clearly, you are letting other people pixels effect your day in a negative way.

If you are at the point where 5…count them 5! people are getting blocked by you per day…then you are the problem, not them.

TL:DR It takes 2 to get an argument going. Buck Up, quit letting pixels ruin your day

Cindy Lou Who, Retired Ranger
Quinn Wintersnight, Guardian

in PvP

Posted by: Drennon.7190

Drennon.7190

I only see this kind of behaviour when my team is losing hard, and never that severe. I’ve NEVER seen people rage during a winning match.It really makes me think, that the problem is in you guys who get flamed.

And lol, “top score” means nothing. Most of the time it’s the top scorers who are the worst part of lost game, chasing 1 thief with 3 people to get those kill points, etc.

Comes to NA and queue solo. Watch cruuk and moob_s rage at their team all day; even while winning.

Baer

in PvP

Wintersnight.3061

There’s usually two sides to every story so I highly doubt that it’s just your play that’s causing this to happen. Shirley you must say something…

I agree – I usually play about 5 to 20 games per day, and I get maybe…maybe 1 rager per 2 days.

If he is raging and telling me or others to do something different, I get past his anger and see if he has a point. If he does have a point, I correct my issue. If he is just raging at the world with nothing except F-this and F that….then I say something inflammatory and then never respond again.
You know…something like the stupid stuff…you so mad or #thesaltisreal or my 12yo sister wants her Whine back. If they are playing a “Cheese” build, I tell them they can’t even win with a cheese build…lol, that really fires them up.

Either way, I only have to be around his personality issues for another 3 to 5 minutes…he has to be around himself the rest of his life…I win!

in PvP

Sansa.5186

No one that is raging like that has a point. There is no need to rage, its just a game.
Also I see people rage without an argument in the first place, so the ‘’ it takes two to get an argument going’’ is not relevant at all.

in PvP

Posted by: Nocturnus.6872

Nocturnus.6872

it will be a sad day for humanity when you just acccept to “suck it up” and grow thick skin… i mean is this really the way its going to be??
a little respect for yourselves and for others goes a long way.
i too get scolded at, and yes ofc i have bad days i might not be the best player, but seriously guys…. are we now at the point that if your a new player then your free meat to abuse in chat, is that really okay??
you know when theres one finger pointing out theres another 3 pointing inward, just saying.
I see my blocklist growing aswell specially the last couple of days, but i guess im just going to do what im allways doing reporting, blocking and ignoring.
however i still think its sad that you dont see an outcry from both players and and moderators aswell.
But im guessing its to be expected, foul behaviour and malicious players raging only becaus they have the power of the internet infront of them, just sad.

in PvP

moony.5780

Sansa.5186

No one that is raging like that has a point. There is no need to rage, its just a game.
Also I see people rage without an argument in the first place, so the ‘’ it takes two to get an argument going’’ is not relevant at all.

I completly agree…and that why i made this forum post. NOBODY HAVE THE RIGHT TO INSULT SOMEONE. If i make a mistake then that person can talk without all these kitten , kitten , noooooooob, get reeeeckt…….

And I agree with u wintersnight, that if i do a mistake they r allowed to tell me what i did wrong….but i will never ever accept the fakt that they say bad words to me while that. Its a game…not more and not less.

And for me it really come up to 5 per day…bcs i dont like any use of bad words (so just 1 time telling me to go die is enough to report them…bcs…why should i die?))…and it became so normal to use them in pvp lately…thats why im figthing it !

And plss all who said i should play better….open ur eyes..how will u feel if u r walking in the street and someone just tell u “GO DIE U B****” …thats never nice

in PvP

Posted by: SobeSoul.6910

SobeSoul.6910

If you’re doing something dumb in spvp matches and people are yelling at you then you should see what they’re yelling about but tell them to bugger off. I see a lot of newer players thinking because they get yelled at that the community is just toxic and they don’t bother to learn.

It’s frustrating for me. People shouldn’t yell at one another if something is wrong and people shouldn’t refuse to learn. Both of those things occur a lot of time.

in PvP

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

Welcome to PvP, enjoy your stay!

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

in PvP

moony.5780

well..i pvped since the launch of gw2..and i remember a time where people said GG and bowed…and not say “get fuuucked”

Its just sad what is happening now when i pvp and it should never be normal to be insulted

in PvP

SobeSoul.6910

That sounds like you are being too sensitive. If someone tells you “get f’d” or “get rekt” it is usually not srs bsns.

in PvP

Wintersnight.3061

Have you ever had someone send you whisper after whisper ragin on you? Ever? Without you continuing the discussion with a whisper back? No….maybe once….once. But at a rate of 5 a day, he can only play the game 200 or 300 days before he isn’t playing with anyone.

You see people some times, yell in /team, or worse, in /map. Maybe on rare instances they send you a whisper too – but have you ever seen his example? Ever….he’s saying that people are even doing it while they are winning…come on.

I am all for people toning down the rhetoric or acting like they have played in a team before…but let’s not get caught up in BS too.

in PvP

Wintersnight.3061

Sansa.5186

I completly agree…and that why i made this forum post. NOBODY HAVE THE RIGHT TO INSULT SOMEONE. If i make a mistake then that person can talk without all these kitten , kitten , noooooooob, get reeeeckt…….

And I agree with u wintersnight, that if i do a mistake they r allowed to tell me what i did wrong….but i will never ever accept the fakt that they say bad words to me while that. Its a game…not more and not less.

And for me it really come up to 5 per day…bcs i dont like any use of bad words (so just 1 time telling me to go die is enough to report them…bcs…why should i die?))…and it became so normal to use them in pvp lately…thats why im figthing it !

And plss all who said i should play better….open ur eyes..how will u feel if u r walking in the street and someone just tell u “GO DIE U B****” …thats never nice

You need to look inward, not outward. Fix your sensitivity – let the world worry about it’s self.

PS, what is your in-game name – I’ll try to be less meany-pants to you if I see you in game.

My name is Cindy Lou Who, I play Ranger mostly – or <name> Wintersnight on Engi or Warrior or some new Prof I am trying to learn to counter.

Feel free to hit me up in game, I’ll do a Ranked match with you and if I see you doing stupid, kittened and brain-dead things, I will kindly and politely teach you the ways of pvp.

And lastly, “Bad” words are bad, only because you allow them to be bad in your mind.
Only let someone cause you concern if they hit you with something physical, not words. If they have a gun, you worry, if they have a potty mouth…whatever…they’re the loser, not you.

in PvP

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

What would happen if I joined some PvEsports dungeon party and told them I was full Clerics gear! I’d probably see words said about my momma, or maybe I’d see some words about my brain function, or maybe some comparisons would be drawn between me and Hitler! And even though I phrased that as a question, I’ve actually done it before and it’s hilarious! PvE is just as toxic as PvP which makes me believe this is an Internet issue and not a PvP issue! There is a block function and a report function if you are the overly sensitive type! The only advice I can give is stop getting so mad at random people on the Internet and have a laugh! Madtyping is freakin hilarious! And when they incorporate that into a whisperblock! Man what a knee slapper!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

EDIT: http://youtu.be/ZBrDmtYGxRY?t=35s

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

(edited by ellesee.8297)

in PvP

Posted by: adam.8692

adam.8692

Whenever I play people call me names. I feel bad about it. This is a cruel world we live in so why can’t we find some peace in this imaginary world? Don’t be so insensitive. Remember that with every mean word you say a kitten dies. Save the kittens, save the world!

in PvP

Sansa.5186

Have you ever had someone send you whisper after whisper ragin on you? Ever? Without you continuing the discussion with a whisper back? No….maybe once….once. But at a rate of 5 a day, he can only play the game 200 or 300 days before he isn’t playing with anyone.

You see people some times, yell in /team, or worse, in /map. Maybe on rare instances they send you a whisper too – but have you ever seen his example? Ever….he’s saying that people are even doing it while they are winning…come on.

I am all for people toning down the rhetoric or acting like they have played in a team before…but let’s not get caught up in BS too.

Lol hell no, I block them after they whisper me with bullcrap.

But my print screen, for example, is after winning a match. That behaviour is not necessary. In that one match I blocked and reported 3 people for abusive language. Not only towards me but also towards other people in the match.

So yes people are doing that, even when winning. Look at the print screens attached.

in PvP

Nocturnus.6872

I think its funny most of you see this as being not a problem.
why did anet put the report button there, should we instead report the abusive language tab as a bug ?? one thing is for sure, there is something here that needs a fixing…

in PvP

SobeSoul.6910

why did anet put the report button there, should we instead report the abusive language tab as a bug ?? one thing is for sure, there is something here that needs a fixing…

There’s a difference between verbal abuse and someone saying “get f’d” depending on the situation.

in PvP

Nocturnus.6872

There’s a difference between verbal abuse and someone saying “get f’d” depending on the situation.

that one you have to teach me then…..
saying get F’ed is in my book no matter what verbal abuse……
there is no situation where that sentence is called for.

in PvP

Sansa.5186

I think otherwise, unnecessary and rude and definitely in my book of verbal abuse.

in PvP

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

One reason I don’t play PvP. I hope Stronghold is casual enough to not attract these rageaholic 12 year old mentalities.

in PvP

SobeSoul.6910

that one you have to teach me then…..
saying get F’ed is in my book no matter what verbal abuse……
there is no situation where that sentence is called for.

I’ll tell frands “get rekt” if I see them in matches if I kill them sometimes.

There’s general trash talk in spvp that isn’t serious, and there’s also players calling people every name in the book.

I think there’s some over sensitivity on people complaining in this thread.

in PvP

Posted by: DarkSyze.8627

DarkSyze.8627

Thread like this for example; https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Things-you-found-confusing-as-a-noob/page/2#post4797918 violate policy and rule.

This is 2-3 day thread; How serious is arena net for setting policy and rule for violation- insult and abuse if they can not discipline;punish player who post thread like that? Even player who post in that thread do same thing as writer of thread and are enjoying their insult and abuse against new player include me and other player who are still in training and learning.

Is this another mission and vision fo Guild Wars 2; abuse and insult new player and player who is still learning is ok?

This thread is not even in pvp or in wvw chat. this is in forum!! It is common sense why player get away with insult and abuse. It is common sense why many player leave for other mmo game company who set zero policy tolerant against abuse and insult.

The player do not even care if the game they leave for is not perfect, all they care is for a game company who is serious

Serious do not mean perfect, Serious mean make effort into action!!

" Solutions To A Problem Can Only Be Found, When You Want To Get Rid Of It "
Ankur

(edited by DarkSyze.8627)

in PvP

Posted by: Bertrand.3057

Bertrand.3057

How exactly is that thread insulting or abusive? It’s people talking about their own experiences of being a new player.

Talleyrand, Captain and Commander of the Bloody Pirates
Asura on patrol in defense of Gandara and Bessie!
Administrator of http://thisisgandara.com

in PvP

Posted by: zaced.7948

zaced.7948

if people don’t play properly in ranked they need to be punished and the only way to do that in this game is verbally. if you could report people for playing badly (and get them banned from ranked for a time) nobody would need to rage verbally.
bad players in ranked ruin my game experience, why do i have to put up with that? if you join ranked at least have the decency to have some skill and knowledge about how to play a class/map. nobody wants clueless casuals on their pvp team when competing for a lb-ranking.
that said, unranked and hotjoin are freed from this expectation completely.

How exactly is that thread insulting or abusive?.

he needs to maximize the qq for compensating being a bad player. it has a positive psychological effect on him so just leave it …

(edited by zaced.7948)

in PvP

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

well..i pvped since the launch of gw2..and i remember a time where people said GG and bowed…and not say “get fuuucked”

Its just sad what is happening now when i pvp and it should never be normal to be insulted

I also remember a time when asked to do something people did it on their own or they looked at their teammates health to see where help is needed. Now we get players completely ignoring points just going straight for the “mobs” on forest without helping to cap anything.
Or players that run right past teammates (with noone around) who are downed due to DOT’s and refuse to res them. Then get mad at said player for being stomped after an enemy teammate looked at their map and saw a downed teammate.

Just saying maybe players wouldn’t be so rage-y if teammates played like they had some map awareness.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Ario.8964

Ario.8964

@OP
I feel ya, so many people verbally abusing their teams or other players is really just unacceptable. For those who say that it’s your fault, if there is something wrong with their gameplay why not just inform them and help them learn to do better rather than raging your kitten off and making the playerbase even smaller than it already is? We need to encourage people to play, not scare them off because they are afraid of being verbally abused by every team they are on because people can’t grasp the fact that IT HAPPENS. You WILL get bad matches and you WILL get bad players, get over it help make them better.

P.S. If people are raging a ton at you just have some fun with it. Like I had a bunch of people raging at the group I was playing with cause we were playing all engis just to have some fun in the queue so we decided to do matches as a full turret group (none of us had been turrets previously) and after winning told the enemy teams with all the ragers “maybe you’ll have a chance to win if you don’t run such cheesy builds” or “you shouldn’t play cheese builds, they make you look bad.” then we just sat back and watched the fireworks

[Teef] Dragonbrand Thief and Engi main www.twitch.tv/ariodoesgaming and Ario Does Gaming on Youtube!

in PvP

Posted by: Rangelost.4857

Rangelost.4857

As soon as someone begins to insult you, right-click their name and block them. Don’t wait.

in PvP

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

Gotta love it when they start spam-whispering you, but block you too so you can’t whisper back. It’s like — what’s a matter? Can’t handle a rebuttal?

NSPride <3

in PvP

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

From what i understand:

Pic1: there were multiple downed people on both sides and somebody from your team didn’t stomp/finish an enemy which resulted in a lost team fight.
Pic2:Someone went to kill animal and as a result the team fight was outnumbered in enemy’s favor. And apparently after that someone mockingly said “you can thank me” for the npc kill.
Pic3:A lord push was needed to win and that push almost failed because not all players were present despite it being announced and even blinked on the minimap.

The language and attitude is bad, the reasons might not be.

in PvP

Posted by: Bertrand.3057

Bertrand.3057

From what i understand:

Pic1: there were multiple downed people on both sides and somebody from your team didn’t stomp/finish an enemy which resulted in a lost team fight.
Pic2:Someone went to kill animal and as a result the team fight was outnumbered in enemy’s favor. And apparently after that someone mockingly said “you can thank me” for the npc kill.
Pic3:A lord push was needed to win and that push almost failed because not all players were present despite it being announced and even blinked on the minimap.

The language and attitude is bad, the reasons might not be.

^^

These players’ communication skills may be lacking, but if the OP doesn’t understand the reasons for these kinds of reactions even after 28+ months of playing 10 daily PvP matches (and presumably getting civil explanations/criticism from more patient players), I think it’s safe to say that his situation is rather exceptional.

Perhaps the best thing for less skilled players to do is to ask others what they’re upset about, they may actually get valuable advice about how to improve their play. Likewise, this kind of verbal abuse clearly doesn’t elicit trust, so instead of blindly raging I think we can all agree that offering constructive criticism is much more sensible.

Talleyrand, Captain and Commander of the Bloody Pirates
Asura on patrol in defense of Gandara and Bessie!
Administrator of http://thisisgandara.com

(edited by Bertrand.3057)

in PvP

Posted by: zaced.7948

zaced.7948

so instead of blindly raging I think we can all agree that offering constructive criticism is much more sensible.

99% of the players ignore every kind of advice if you don’t use the sledgehammer-to-face method since they think after 2 won games in hotjoin on skyhammer they are the pinnacle of skill.