PvP Progression: Gold versus Rank?

in PvP

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

So, I log into the patch and I’m greeted to tons of people in the mists and a new sick looking finisher. Awesome!

I knew that PvP was going to have some “unlocks” so newer players to the PvP scene could have some sense of progression, what I did not realize was I’d end up going from 101 gold to 70g just off unlocking runes/sigils/traits alone! Wtf anet?

PvE players generally have more gold to spend than PvPers, and now any Joe Dungeonmaster can waltz in and unlock everything by spending a few coin and skillpoints?

Speaking of skillpoints.

Again, I don’t PvE often, so none of my alts have any map completion and my ele got power-leveled to 80 so I have few skill points. I fail to understand how making PvP progression more inconvenient for PvPers than PvEers was a sound decision.

Why not have put a Rank requirement instead?

• You cannot unlock these Runes/Sigils PvP rank 10.
  • You cannot unlock these Grandmasters until PvP rank 15.

That seems infinitely more reasonable and more rewarding for those who actually dedicate the time into PvP. Is there something I’m missing?

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

They should have used glory a la balthazar faction (gw1). Gold is a too common currency and used for too many different things. It also happens to be a currency we haven’t had the chance to amass as pvp’ers.

So ye, I got 10g left. :p Could have been taken care of better, but w/e we’ll survive.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!