PvP Quick Stomp

PvP Quick Stomp

in PvP

Posted by: Bronco.4857

Bronco.4857

Did they not remove the Quick Stomp in PvP?
Have they taken it back for some reason, run into alot of quickstompers in PvP.

Tried myself to see if i could get my Thief to QuickStomp, but no success.

PvP Quick Stomp

in PvP

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

Haven’t run into it, but there’s still the issue that thieves can stomp from stealth which is just unneccessarily overpowered

PvP Quick Stomp

in PvP

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

When timed right a thief can stomp near instantly with the Daredevil elite skill chain (Impact strike> Upper Cut> Finishing Blow). As it is a skillbar effect, quickness effects it too. As said, it has to be near perfect timing for a quick stomp, or with quickness applied.

Any profession that can apply stealth (or gain it from others for that matter) can stomp from stealth.

Kitten.

(edited by Haleydawn.3764)

PvP Quick Stomp

in PvP

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

When timed right a thief can stomp near instantly with the Daredevil elite skill chain (Impact strike> Upper Cut> Finishing Blow). As it is a skillbar effect, quickness effects it too. As said, it has to be near perfect timing for a quick stomp, or with quickness applied.

Any profession that can apply stealth (or gain it from others for that matter) can stomp from stealth.

yea, but thieves appear to do it the most, I don’t see a lot of other classes use stealth much in pvp. the problem just is, as a warrior you can knock an enemy down and interupt their stomp, but it only works if you can target them. the guardian can do a pulse that knocks everyone back without the need of targetting

PvP Quick Stomp

in PvP

Posted by: chibi.2537

chibi.2537

Mesmer almost uses as much stealth as a thief. I was mostly playing mesmer these days and you can be invisible for a while. Also ranger longbow skill 3 gives you stealth which I almost always use before stomping.

PvP Quick Stomp

in PvP

Posted by: Antonio.1387

Antonio.1387

Pretty sure it actually is a thing. Had a game today and lord got stomped within 0.5 sec after down by thief. Not sure about regular stomp however.

PvP Quick Stomp

in PvP

Posted by: Moonsinn.5382

Moonsinn.5382

Pretty sure it actually is a thing. Had a game today and lord got stomped within 0.5 sec after down by thief. Not sure about regular stomp however.

Sounds like thief’s finishing blow.

Aethelweard Rex – Guard
Trist Lockwood – Thief
Aelius Swift – Warrior

PvP Quick Stomp

in PvP

Posted by: cyberzombie.7348

cyberzombie.7348

well if you’re talking about stomping with quickness, I think they updated to where quickness no longer affects stomp speed. tried it with engi, rev, war, and thief, all the same speed from my tests.

What good is a medic w/o a patient?

(edited by cyberzombie.7348)

PvP Quick Stomp

in PvP

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

Haven’t run into it, but there’s still the issue that thieves can stomp from stealth which is just unneccessarily overpowered

Bahahaha this is OP? when there are people that can Stomp while under Stability, Stomp while Invuln, not even be near you and stomp you. But Stealth which the Thief can still be Cc’d and Thief isn’t the only class that can Stealth Stomp and the other classes have access to Stability while being able to stealth Stomp, it’s not game breaking or OP, it’s a form of actual Strategic/tactic gameplay.

I think they should remove the downstate completely in PvP it’s a crutch that was designed for PvE.

Omg the complaints on these forums are so funny.

PvP Quick Stomp

in PvP

Moonsinn.5382

Bahahaha this is OP? when there are people that can Stomp while under Stability, Stomp while Invuln, not even be near you and stomp you. But Stealth which the Thief can still be Cc’d and Thief isn’t the only class that can Stealth Stomp and the other classes have access to Stability while being able to stealth Stomp, it’s not game breaking or OP, it’s a form of actual Strategic/tactic gameplay.

I think they should remove the downstate completely in PvP it’s a crutch that was designed for PvE.

Omg the complaints on these forums are so funny.

Haven’t you heard? Everything about thief is OP this season. AA damage, shadow shot, head shot spam, evade spam, condi spam, staff spam, now stealth stomping…

Aethelweard Rex – Guard
Trist Lockwood – Thief
Aelius Swift – Warrior

PvP Quick Stomp

in PvP

Antonio.1387

Hmm now I look up it sounds right. Probably with quickness and make the stomp go super fast.

PvP Quick Stomp

in PvP

BlaqueFyre.5678

Hmm now I look up it sounds right. Probably with quickness and make the stomp go super fast.

If timed right with the first two hits and the last one finishes them as soon as hey go down.

PvP Quick Stomp

in PvP

Posted by: Highlie.7641

Highlie.7641

quickness works on impact strike.

PvP Quick Stomp

in PvP

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

If timed right with the first two hits and the last one finishes them as soon as hey go down.

This. If the last hit from the daredevil elite chain takes the remainder of your regular health bar, downstate gets skipped entirely and you go straight to defeated. Most daredevils using it generally prefer to wait until someone is downed rather than gambling on pulling that off, though.

(Incidentally, from what I recall of prerelease stuff, downed state was actually intended more for PvP than PvE.)

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

PvP Quick Stomp

in PvP

Antonio.1387

This. If the last hit from the daredevil elite chain takes the remainder of your regular health bar, downstate gets skipped entirely and you go straight to defeated. Most daredevils using it generally prefer to wait until someone is downed rather than gambling on pulling that off, though.

(Incidentally, from what I recall of prerelease stuff, downed state was actually intended more for PvP than PvE.)

Sidetracking from the mechanics; Although the daredevil elite chain is pretty underused (probably only staff thief will take the elite), I don’t think temper with downstate mechanics with any skill is a good idea considering res is a huge part of the current gameplay. Timing stealth for res would be impossible (and the skill description sounds like it will stomp through stealth too.)

In any case, anet has lots of other balancing issues to take care of and this is not one of them.

PvP Quick Stomp

in PvP

BlaqueFyre.5678

Sidetracking from the mechanics; Although the daredevil elite chain is pretty underused (probably only staff thief will take the elite), I don’t think temper with downstate mechanics with any skill is a good idea considering res is a huge part of the current gameplay. Timing stealth for res would be impossible (and the skill description sounds like it will stomp through stealth too.)

In any case, anet has lots of other balancing issues to take care of and this is not one of them.

If they Stealth the Stomp misses.you have to have a target

PvP Quick Stomp

in PvP

Antonio.1387

Good to know. Now anet needs to make lord stop attacking when down like my bronze teammates

PvP Quick Stomp

in PvP

Moonsinn.5382

Good to know. Now anet needs to make lord stop attacking when down like my bronze teammates

Lmao, so true.

Aethelweard Rex – Guard
Trist Lockwood – Thief
Aelius Swift – Warrior

PvP Quick Stomp

in PvP

Posted by: Ialdir.8726

Ialdir.8726

yea, but thieves appear to do it the most, I don’t see a lot of other classes use stealth much in pvp.

Druids res and stomp while being invisible from their astral force, also they juke a lot with it. Same goes for scrappers and their sneak gyro. So the top resbots in the game use stealth on a regular base.

Is this also overpowered?

And breaking news: being invisible does not make you invulnerable (or immune to cc).

PvP Quick Stomp

in PvP

Posted by: SlimChance.6593

SlimChance.6593

Funny how thief is allowed to use an elite to stomp (as well as other professions use stab, stealth, cc’s etc.) But Mesmers aren’t. (Timewarp)

This is what ANet calls ‘balance’.

Eccho, Echo Oread – Mesmers (Yak’s Bend)
My EchoRupt Build - Forum Post

PvP Quick Stomp

in PvP

Posted by: Scykosix.7836

Scykosix.7836

Funny how thief is allowed to use an elite to stomp (as well as other professions use stab, stealth, cc’s etc.) But Mesmers aren’t. (Timewarp)

Funny how ALMOST every other profession got instant revive spell (Warriors Battle Standard etc etc) but thief is the one that doesnt.

PvP Quick Stomp

in PvP

Posted by: Wargameur.6950

Wargameur.6950

What the hell are you talking about ? don’t you have distortion on demand to safe stomp ? It’s more broken than impact strike, which is a telegraphed 3 parts stomp. Impact strike can be interrupted, blinded, countered by stealth, launch, pull. Tell me how you counter a distortion stomp except fast rez ?

main ~ Esper Jace (Thief )/ Ellundril Jiluan
(mesmer ) – EU [Teef]

PvP Quick Stomp

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

What the hell are you talking about ? don’t you have distortion on demand to safe stomp ? It’s more broken than impact strike, which is a telegraphed 3 parts stomp. Impact strike can be interrupted, blinded, countered by stealth, launch, pull. Tell me how you counter a distortion stomp except fast rez ?

Stealth, or Ranger down pull. Necro too for that matter (move the target away from the stomper).

With how bullkitten res speed (still) is, you need a free invuln stomp just to kill any downs. Even then, that res speed > invuln stomp XD

PvP Quick Stomp

in PvP

Posted by: Magnito.6187

Magnito.6187

You do realize you can get interrupted while stealth stomping right?

Apart from that:

-Druid can stealth stomp
-Mesmer can stealth stomp
-Engi can stealth stomp

- Pretty much anything can stealth stomp. The ones I’ve listed above are the ones with acces to stealth themselves.

- Stop the QQ’ing about thieves, they’re fine.

-No, I don’t main thief. I main Druid. And I eat thieves for breakfast. And I wouldn’t like to eat them for lunch and dinner as well, after they got nerved in to the ground.

PvP Quick Stomp

in PvP

Antonio.1387

Funny how ALMOST every other profession got instant revive spell (Warriors Battle Standard etc etc) but thief is the one that doesnt.

True. That’s why they need to get rid of insta revive/stomp spell like how they remove quickness stomp/res before. Having such mechanics will just hurt the whole res/downstate mechanics in PvP eventually if not already undermining the legacy balancing.

or at the very least, remove quickness effect on those spells.

(edited by Antonio.1387)