PvP bullies...

PvP bullies...

in PvP

Posted by: SnicerTenu.4321

SnicerTenu.4321

So I’m on my thief (which I don’t play very often [if at all]. And considering I only have 1 thief and he’s lvl 26 and I’ve had him for nearly a year… yeah) and I’m doing some PvP… I have no idea what I’m doing, and I am not going off of a build or anything, I am just trying to have fun and try some things. After one map change I’m on a team by myself against 2 people and figure “Whatever I can fight them as long as it’s 1v1” course, with one of them being a Necro, that’s kinda impossible. So I trying stuff and notice that no one goes for this one cap point that’s underwater (HINT) and so I make a comment about it and immediately get trash talked by the Necro, who is saying crap like “Your build is s**t.” “You’re bad.” and crap like that. So the Necro’s on my nerves now and the Warrior (other guy in the game) jumps in with him. Seriously, first off I’m on a 1 year old, lvl 26 thief kitten , and second I’m rank 10 in PvP (meaning I don’t pvp a lot). If you want to criticizes me on my build, fine, but don’t go harassing me for NOT PLAYING 24/7 LIKE YOU DO.

So yeah, I know no one is perfect, and I’m no saint, but even after losing my temper at these brats I still feel like I’m better than they are.

TLDR: I’m ticked off at some leetist brats and I’m venting some frustration.

PvP bullies...

in PvP

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I feel more sympathy for them than I do for you.

They’re so insecure, they apparently need to belittle others to feel good about themselves.

I wouldn’t sweat it if I were you. But it’s one of the main reasons I’m not a PvPer. I do okay when I do it but I don’t really like the stupidity that often accompanies it. WvW is a lot better for me.

PvP bullies...

in PvP

Posted by: Livius.2465

Livius.2465

I’m sorry you ran into people like that. For them, “winning” is everything and they are happy to point fingers — just so long as they don’t point at themselves. They may outrank you on levels and build — but they’ll never outrank you where it matters.

They should try Real Life — just for a change of pace.

(edited by Livius.2465)

PvP bullies...

in PvP

Posted by: SnicerTenu.4321

SnicerTenu.4321

@Vayne: I agree, WvW is quiet a lot better.
@Livius: Too true. If they lived one day in my shoes, they’d be crying one minute in…. Manual Labor is a cruel mistress.

PvP bullies...

in PvP

Posted by: Rallad.3802

Rallad.3802

Bad luck OP, unfortunately in hotjoin everyone is mixed rank…I have no idea why people get so agitated there I always try to give positive advice, avoid snide remarks and give an occasional /bow ^^

PvP bullies...

in PvP

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

I’ve never enjoyed teampugging, especially in a competitive mode when people are just sooo serious and sometimes aren’t that good themselves. Practically everyone I saw in Brood War/Starcraft 2 complaining incessantly about how bad pugs were were bads themselves, and meanwhile I had a friend that stopped complaining and got far playing with randoms just because he learned to get better and could be a carry and was briefly top #10 in 3v3 sc2 ladder (yea, team games in that game were a joke, but his carrying skills were pretty real. Shows what you can do when you don’t whine)

Regardless of game I’ve played, I’ve always subscribed to the belief that if I go for random allies, then I have no right to complain unless they’re actively griefing or being jerks. If I want to have teammates that I know and trust and I know will perform, then I will go for a premade team. I honestly think if you are good enough, that you will have no trouble finding just as skilled players to play with you unless of course you are an obnoxious kitten that nobody wants to play with, but you ought to change this because this is a multiplayer game. Sometimes I will try to “teach” people though honestly, you can’t really teach people over chat over the span of a few minutes so keep that in mind.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

PvP bullies...

in PvP

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

Yo, you want some advice on how to get better and deal with this trash talk? As someone that has sometimes been less than kind to inexperienced players, I will explain to you what you should do.

It can be very difficult to understand how to handle these words, but it is very easy. What I mean is that for them, it costs very little to throw words at you. It is funny to them if you reply and seem shaken, or mad, or sincere. The key is to realize that none of it means anything. You should either never respond (maybe mute local chat) or ask for advice. Ignore the insults. Completely. The problem many people have is they get too emotional. It can be difficult to do if you don’t have experience in “trash talk” as it were. The fastest way to stop people from trash talking is to say something like “yeah my build’s trash so what’s a good one then” or to ask for advice. Keep in mind you may not get an answer to your question, but it’s rare that they will continue to pester you. Take your ego completely out of the equation and disarm them with your questions and attitude that show how little you care about the insults and you will earn some respect and get some tips to get better.

PvP bullies...

in PvP

Posted by: Jelger.6758

Jelger.6758

A 1v2 situation also just doesn’t work within the current hot join games, I suggest to join another one when no new players are coming in and the current two are cute like that.

PvP bullies...

in PvP

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

Just ignore them.. I get trashtalked even by my teammates sometimes just for running a mantra build in tpvp. :/

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

PvP bullies...

in PvP

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

this should be in the PvP forum. any maybe practicing on moas or centuars in Queensdale would be better than trying do so in a competitive setting

edit: got moved right as i clicked enter

PvP bullies...

in PvP

Posted by: KarlaGrey.5903

KarlaGrey.5903

Best retorts (if you actually feel like replying) are the empty singleliners which go along the lines of ‘ym is [insert whatever they flamed you for]’, or just ‘ym’, ‘umad’ etc.

Was this soloq or hotjoin though?
If you tanked your soloq team, I understand perfectly where the hate is coming from. If you know you don’t have a single clue what you’re doing, you should avoid entering ranked formats outside friend groups, because no one wants nor needs deadweight on their team.

Edit: ok since it seems to have been Hotjoin, you can ignore the above part.

RIP ‘gf left me coz of ladderboard’ Total views: 71,688 Total posts: 363

(edited by KarlaGrey.5903)

PvP bullies...

in PvP

Posted by: Darnacus.5961

Darnacus.5961

practicing on moas or centuars in Queensdale would be better than trying do so in a competitive setting

When did hotjoin become ‘competitive setting’ ?

PvP bullies...

in PvP

Posted by: Darnacus.5961

Darnacus.5961

Was this soloq or hotjoin though?
If you tanked your soloq team, I understand perfectly where the hate is coming from.

Well, OP said ‘After one map change’, so this must be hotjoin,

PvP bullies...

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

a so called dps-guardian from an known WvW guild wished me yesterday cancer in soloQ and i should do some things with my mother … cause i lost an 1v1 with necro vs necro^^

PvP bullies...

in PvP

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

practicing on moas or centuars in Queensdale would be better than trying do so in a competitive setting

When did hotjoin become ‘competitive setting’ ?

PLAYER VERSUS PLAYER IS COMPETITIVE! what does hotjoin have to do with anything. being level 26 has nothing to do with anything in sPvP. it’s also not a very good cantidate for learning how to play the game. people can be jerks in PvP a lot of the time though which is mostly uncalled for really.

“losing my temper”, “the leetist brats” etc hardly sounds like the innocents of someone who was trying to learn and/or disarm the hostility either…just saying

(edited by Tman.6349)

PvP bullies...

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Well, people doing pvp can get pretty competitive so someone going to rage like this can happen, especially when you are not best player on team. The truth is though, we all sucked at some point and knew little about game.

Looking at your message, it looks like you were doing hot joins so in fact you didn’t actually ruin any MMR or anything for anyone. Thank you for not doing ranked and learning through HJ. Just keep fighting, learn how to play, get experience etc. If people talk crap to you, just ignore them or report if you feel like it.

I am relavtive new to this game pvp as well, there were quite few people who laughed at me and talked kitten to me when i just started, yes it was furstrating but i keep trying to improve my skills and get more experience.

Recently i faced the guy, who was one of those kitten talkers, in ranked match and funny enough this time i was the one who kept killing him heheeeehheeee. REVENGE TASTES GOOD!

Oh lastly, try to look up some pvp builds, watch streams from good thief players like Caed for example. It can make up a little bit for the lack of experience. Also rolling other classes and playing them in pvp also helps to counter them later.

P.S. OP you picked probably one of the least noob friendly classes too D8, good luck!

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

PvP bullies...

in PvP

Posted by: Ugruk.4069

Ugruk.4069

Lol, just mute them, and continue to improve? Why the need to make a forum post, are you special or something?

PvP bullies...

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Lol, just mute them, and continue to improve? Why the need to make a forum post, are you special or something?

Same reason why there are 100 threads about Skyhammer, soloq etc.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

PvP bullies...

in PvP

Posted by: Qaelyn.7612

Qaelyn.7612

There’s a report option for verbal abuse. Use it.

PvP bullies...

in PvP

Posted by: Tranassa.4968

Tranassa.4968

I know you will hate me for this and i will be flamed hard, but i have to ask:

Why are you playing pvp, which is per default competitive (you play AGAINST other players), if you are playing almost not at all? You mentioned you play very rarely, so what is your intention to play pvp? To be good in pvp you need practice, im totaly fine with someone trying to get better and is practicing, but if you play so less you are not going to be good at any point in time! So having you in the team will always be a burden, sry for that, but it is true.

I know there are people, that play pvp just for fun and don’t want to be competitive. But pvp is competitive by default!
And you will almost ever have people in your team that play for win (hell this is pvp, of course it is about winning…) and this players are not going to like you until you play “good” and they will keep complaining about you (Or see you as a freekill and start to farm you).

And again sorry, but if you don’t want to play competitive, pvp is the wrong place for you! (If you wan’t to have a fun pvp mode, open a thread and tell anet about it.)

I’m playing on EU
Automated Tournaments!

PvP bullies...

in PvP

Posted by: Ixl Super Ixl.7258

Ixl Super Ixl.7258

I normally bang my head against the wall when I have bad players in my solo q team instead of flaming them :P