PvP is completely unaccessible

in PvP

Posted by: Jabloko.7039

Jabloko.7039

For someone who is not experienced in the art of the GW2 PvP, it is simply a punishing experience, I am honestly having a hard time even damaging my opponents. And I played a ton of mobas which is at least somewhat similar, but it seems to be irrelevant. I cannot damage my opponents, or at least not more than for a few strikes until they turn around and mop the floor with my face.

Could somebody please tell me when they introduce a matchmaking system so I can try again? It seems like a bad joke in it’s current state.

in PvP

Posted by: ImdA.4701

ImdA.4701

Dont worry, even for experienced players GW2’s sPvP is such a punitive experience.

in PvP

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

For someone who is not experienced in the art of the GW2 PvP, it is simply a punishing experience

You know the two parts of that sort of go hand in hand.

Try different builds, try different professions. You are highly unlikely to play all of them good. GW2 sPvP is the simplest thing ever if you go with the basics. Either you bring a bunker and stand on point or you bring a zerker and +1 fights. Condi/celestial hybrids is if you want to get fancy.

in PvP

Posted by: Kageseigi.2150

Kageseigi.2150

For someone who is not experienced in the art of the GW2 PvP, it is simply a punishing experience, I am honestly having a hard time even damaging my opponents.

Been there, I feel ya! Try learning a non-zerker thief, and it makes it even more frustrating to learn to fight effectively.

Unfortunately, the hotjoin “practice” mode isn’t a very good place to actually practice at all. The other day, I ended up on Skyhammer… my lone thief vs. three rangers. Not a good situation for learning a new build. 5v4 is difficult enough. 3v1 is a bit too much.

Suggestions to overhaul the Thief…

* * * Thief Trait Shakeup * * *

in PvP

Posted by: AlfredKlios.9657

AlfredKlios.9657

Dailies that force you to PvP and no punishment for leaving games. Put two and two together. Also, Thieves.

in PvP

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

Keep at it.

It took me 3 goes to get into PvP.

I think I just eventually figured out how to time skills properly, and found builds that work for me.

One of the hardest things for me was learning when to use invulnerable skills. If you come from PvE or WvW you are just used to spamming skills and not watching your enemy at all.

In PvP baiting your enemy’s skills is essential. But you can only do that after you start to learn what their skills are, and when to use yours.

The other thing to realise is that the objective is to cap points, not kill people. There are some very hard counters in PvP, Thieves on Mesmers for example.

If you can’t win a 1v1, dont do it. Stick to your companions, and go for the mid point. You will be more effective than someone who tries to sit on their home point and 1v1.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]