PvP reward progress removed so...

in PvP

Posted by: Jax.5261

Jax.5261

Do we get the gold for the time we invested?
Since our rewards are being removed from the game we may as well. Going by 3k+ hours played and you can farm what 10g an hour in pve? Let’s say I was playing 2k hours of that continuously that’s 20,000 gold.

So I will effectively be behind pve players in pvp rewards because of this new gold bs. UNLESS I’m compensated for the rewards they’re removing. Or are we being screwed over again?

in PvP

Posted by: Justin ODell.9517

Justin ODell.9517

PvP Server Programmer

Next

Where are you getting the idea that we are removing rewards?

Server Programmer (sPvP)
Isle of Janthir: Flux, Latch, Aegir

in PvP

Posted by: Errant Venture.9371

Errant Venture.9371

Since our rewards are being removed from the game we may as well. Going by 3k+ hours played and you can farm what 10g an hour in pve? Let’s say I was playing 2k hours of that continuously that’s 20,000 gold.

So I will effectively be behind pve players in pvp rewards because of this new gold bs. UNLESS I’m compensated for the rewards they’re removing. Or are we being screwed over again?

Glopry is going to be convertable into gold. That’s your reward.

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

in PvP

Posted by: Bsgapollo.5364

Bsgapollo.5364

Will we keep the current glory we have now?

Level 80 Elementalist, experienced player in pvp, trying out pve for now.

in PvP

Posted by: Justin ODell.9517

Previous

Justin ODell.9517

PvP Server Programmer

Next

Yes, but glory will be retired in the future. We will give warning before that happens.

Server Programmer (sPvP)
Isle of Janthir: Flux, Latch, Aegir

in PvP

Posted by: drowze.3709

drowze.3709

I have a bunch of glory boosters, because I didn’t care about cosmetics and saved the boosts for when I might do… will those boosters be replaced with something else or just be useless? Not demanding anything here, just asking.

in PvP

Posted by: tichorum.2415

tichorum.2415

Glory isn’t convertible to gold. Where in the post does it say that?

Former PvP commentator for ESL & Arenanet.

I used to run the Academy Gaming tournaments for GW2.

in PvP

Jax.5261

Glory’s being removed.
We don’t have any gold, pvp doesn’t reward any. So for these 3k hours that many of us have played we’re getting a tiny, small reward. The PvE players have all the gold, they will be able to buy pvp gear which means my pvp gear is now worthless too.

So what rewards do we get instead? I don’t understand why you guys are making it so that we lose everything (some of us actually played pretty kitten hard for, soon to be, nothing).

tl;dr: The rewards for dedicating yourself to the only remotely difficult part of the game will be negligible compared to mindlessly farming pve. Unless there’s drastic compensation (not you get to keep your lame finisher) such as thousands of gold or pvp-only armour.
But again, we have to ALREADY have the pvp-only armour because we’ve already invested the kitten time. We’ve already earnt it. Not a matter of now you get a chance to earn it, otherwise we’re back to square one.

And if you still don’t follow here’s a basic example of your proposed changes to the reward system:

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

^ I don’t think you’re entirely caught up to speed, mr. Jax.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Previous

Josh Davis.6015

Snip

From the blog:

With gear unification we will also introduce a system that allows players to set goals for rewards in PvP and work towards them. We are not ready to discuss this system in detail yet, as it is still being developed, but more information will come as we get closer to being able to release this system.

Gold will be the universal currency, but that doesn’t mean it’s how you will acquire gear. We’re not ready to talk about that system quite yet, but rest assured, you will need to PvP to acquire PvP rewards.

in PvP

Jax.5261

I only skimmed over the notes but from what I remember:

• Glory removed
  • PvE gear worn in PvP (therefore they have our rewards)
  • Gold used in PvP

Right?

edit:

Gear

• In the months that follow, we will be working to eliminate the difference between PvP and PvE gear. Players will be able to earn gear in PvP that can be carried over to PvE and vice versa. *
  • Once this new system is in place, glory will be retired as a currency, and gold will be the standard currency across the game.*

(edited by Jax.5261)

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

• Glory removed
  • Gold used in PvP

Right?

There will be a progressive system to get rewards in PvP, and some stuff you can only get via PvP (specifically with ladders), the whole system details are just unfinished at the moment so we don’t have all of the information we need. Most of this is still speculation. Gold will be universally used in pve and PvP but it doesn’t mean it’ll be the way you get the armor. (Similarly you can’t go buy CoF armor with gold) there will be non gold-related goals from what I understand.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Jax.5261

• Glory removed
  • Gold used in PvP

Right?

There will be a progressive system to get rewards in PvP, and some stuff you can only get via PvP (specifically with ladders), the whole system details are just unfinished at the moment so we don’t have all of the information we need. Most of this is still speculation. Gold will be universally used in pve and PvP but it doesn’t mean it’ll be the way you get the armor. (Similarly you can’t go buy CoF armor with gold) there will be non gold-related goals from what I understand.

EXACTLY so we’re literally back to square one and have to start over, we don’t have any rewards for playing this long, you can get the same things in pve for much less effort.

in PvP

Posted by: mini.6018

mini.6018

Pve players have multiple legendaries and thousands of gold just waiting to convert to pvp.Pvp players are getting the short end of the stick.With everything being convertible the only thing that they can give to pvp players exclusively will be finishers.Achievement points will be easier to get in pve, gold and skins in pve.Pvers will have the best skins (legendaries) and pvpers will not even have their rank ro show off.
Unless pvp playwrs get a ton of gold or a massive reward for their time invested to gain ranks the change will be really dissapointing for the pvp crowd.

in PvP

Posted by: GankSinatra.2653

GankSinatra.2653

Thats not the reward, its to ensure that PvP players wont be crazy behind on gold compared to the PvE players. It would have been really unfair if we started out with basically 0 gold when it becomes a universal currency. Which i guess you could call a reward actually, lol

(edited by GankSinatra.2653)

in PvP

Posted by: Michael.7382

Michael.7382

Pve players have multiple legendaries and thousands of gold just waiting to convert to pvp.Pvp players are getting the short end of the stick.With everything being convertible the only thing that they can give to pvp players exclusively will be finishers.Achievement points will be easier to get in pve, gold and skins in pve.Pvers will have the best skins (legendaries) and pvpers will not even have their rank ro show off.
Unless pvp playwrs get a ton of gold or a massive reward for their time invested to gain ranks the change will be really dissapointing for the pvp crowd.

Indeed. Few my friends who left pvp back in 2012 coz they found it non-rewarding now got 3-6legendaries, other good looking skins, stuff from gem shop (gold→gems) and tons of gold. So they r just waiting to come and convert all this stuff. And lol, they laugh at me coz atm, I am left with nothing actually. They say I should have left pvp too and do pve, now I would be rich and rewarded.
So, award ppl who sticked to slowly dying pvp for over a year – 50s-1g for each won tournament by now. It’s still FAR LESS than I would earn in this time in pve (a legendary – let’s say 1500g, my bros got few + gold, it gives 5000+ gold in such time frame). If U think a gold from tournament win from now is enough, then U r wrong. ( anyway, I basically start from 0 with gold after 10th dec, same poor as guy who bought GW2 today LOL). Yes, I sticked to pvp coz I rlly enjoy combat system. But few times I was about to leave coz of bad balance, no rewards, leavers etc. But I was telling myself U will realise that U need to reward those dedicated ones, one day. And it’s comming soon and I’m about to get…..nothing? While pve’rs come as rich boyz? Rlly?

Champion: >| Illusionist | Shadow | Phantom | Legionnaire | Magus | Hunter |<
r[5x] tPvP onlY.
|>>> 2000+ Tournament Matches won, still rising <<<|

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.5027

Pyriall.5027

Snip

From the blog:

With gear unification we will also introduce a system that allows players to set goals for rewards in PvP and work towards them. We are not ready to discuss this system in detail yet, as it is still being developed, but more information will come as we get closer to being able to release this system.

Gold will be the universal currency, but that doesn’t mean it’s how you will acquire gear. We’re not ready to talk about that system quite yet, but rest assured, you will need to PvP to acquire PvP rewards.

Will we be able to convert glory into gold? If not, why not?

in PvP

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Can we please sell our glory boosters to either glory or gold. I still have a few stacks from the time before SPvP became a killfest.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in PvP

Posted by: Cribbage.2056

Cribbage.2056

Yes, but glory will be retired in the future. We will give warning before that happens.

What on earth do you expect people to spend it on?

For example, I am rank 40 and have 150 000 glory. I have most of the skins for my rank and could easily forge the ones I don’t have if I wanted.

It was my intention to get to a higher rank then use the glory on chests to get cultural armours. However, I have no chance of getting high enough rank before you remove glory.

So … you tell me what I can spend it on? Because if you can’t, then you should be letting us convert glory to gold.

Think about this – on day 1 of your new system, people who have NEVER PVP’d in their lives will be able to use their massive stacks of gold to get skins and I will have nothing, because to date PvP has been generating tons of glory and zero gold. Is that what you want – to favour PvEers over PvPers? I thought GW2 was intended to serve PvPers equally, but maybe those days are behind us.

in PvP

Posted by: mini.6018

mini.6018

I propose to reward 50 silver for every won match and 10 for every lost one. My newest toon.1 g for every soloq won and 20 for lost.

For example at

122 soloq/72 won(=72 gold)+50 lost(=10 gold) = 82 gold

1381 hotjoin /829 won would be 469,7 gold

551.7 Gold for 1503 matches played in tota soloq and hotjoin combined,depending on win/lose ratio

1503 matches can easily be translated in 376 hours playing pvp at 15 minutes a match

551 gold does not seem like much at all for 376 hours playing ACTIVELY

Those stats exist in every player’s pvp menu so they can easily be tracked to reward acordingly.This way pvp players could be on par with pve players that invested the same ammount of time farming champions,fractals and dungeons.At this rate the players that played a lot more than i did could easily buy their legendary that would have had in half the time if they invested it in pve.

(The stats i used as example are just my pvp tab stats from my newest account started 4 months ago.This is just for making an example out of something.)

..Give something extra for team arena wins.

in PvP

Posted by: Michael.7382

Michael.7382

Reward tournamnet wins I already have with g!

Champion: >| Illusionist | Shadow | Phantom | Legionnaire | Magus | Hunter |<
r[5x] tPvP onlY.
|>>> 2000+ Tournament Matches won, still rising <<<|

in PvP

Jax.5261

Snip

From the blog:

Didn’t even notice until now you only addressed buying pvp skins with gold. Which you guys didn’t mention in the blog so it’s a good clarification but you can buy pve skins with gold which then can be worn in pvp:

Gear

• In the months that follow, we will be working to eliminate the difference between PvP and PvE gear. Players will be able to earn gear in PvP that can be carried over to PvE and vice versa. *

And the effort required to get pve skins is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING REMOTELY as difficult as getting pvp skins. So according to entirely what anet has posted you can effectively pay gold for skins in pvp as long as they’re carried over from pve.

Can you clarify that for us please?

in PvP

Posted by: OnlyFear.9165

OnlyFear.9165

Why are you getting rid of the finishers? I think that’s stupid. It motivates more then half the players in PVP to PVP. That was one of the biggest motivators in GW1 HOH (Hall of Heroes). I took me a long time to hit Rank 13 to get my Phoenix emote. As I’m working for it again now. Taking this away is stupid.

OnlyFear The Last Pride [EviL]. Top 10 GW1 GVG tournament holder 6 years running.

in PvP

Posted by: Patrikan Habaton.2548

Patrikan Habaton.2548

This Idea may come out of the fact that you removed it(they’re personal reward Level 81 and stuff they worked for many hours) from all fractal Players without a comment (besides making leaderboards wich aren’t in yet and already most at 50 again) or compensation..I know it’s not your buisness but it may reflect to your community as well that there are over 1000 replies around it with 0 dev Responses and over 20k views on it…

first scale 81 fractals

in PvP

Posted by: Avatar Rage.4369

Why are you getting rid of the finishers? I think that’s stupid. It motivates more then half the players in PVP to PVP. That was one of the biggest motivators in GW1 HOH (Hall of Heroes). I took me a long time to hit Rank 13 to get my Phoenix emote. As I’m working for it again now. Taking this away is stupid.

I could not agree more. I am primarily a PVE player but seeing some of those finishers in the tower of nightmares really motivated me. But now that I know I will never get this finishers that motivator is gone.

in PvP

Posted by: Asomal.6453

Asomal.6453

And the effort required to get pve skins is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING REMOTELY as difficult as getting pvp skins. So according to entirely what anet has posted you can effectively pay gold for skins in pvp as long as they’re carried over from pve.

Can you clarify that for us please?

I really would like a dev to respond that. If it’s true that any skin can be converted from PVP to PVE and vice-versa, and gold will be the universal currency, then what was the point on getting skins on PVP? On converting them to PVP? Pratically every skin can be obtained in PVE within less time than you’d get in PVP. Also, it’s worth note that some skins are easier to obtain in PVP than in PVE (Arah Set) and that would completly moot the point on running this dungeon, when you can get it easier on PVP.

If this is how things will work, I think both parties would be kitten ed (PVE and PVP). The only way I can see it working, is with the obtainment of exclusive PVP sets into PVE (we have some already). Much like we had to get exclusive PVE skins into PVP, from playing PVE (Molten Jetpack, Jade skins…).

in PvP

Posted by: muscarine.5136

muscarine.5136

Unfortunately, if they allow such an influx of gold to happen by allowing us to convert glory to gold at a decent ratio, this would most likely lead to utterly destroying the game’s economy.

in PvP

Posted by: hooma.9642

hooma.9642

Unfortunately, if they allow such an influx of gold to happen by allowing us to convert glory to gold at a decent ratio, this would most likely lead to utterly destroying the game’s economy.

isnt that potential destroyed every 2 weeks with possible farming spots? i remember the gauntlet farming.. how many does the ppl make? several tousands? and u are afraid of 1 time and rightfull and justified increase in gold?

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

12 for bird man ^^

in PvP

Posted by: OnlyFear.9165

OnlyFear.9165

12 for bird man ^^

Um.. No kidding? I was quoting my GW1 rank in general, and how long it took. Not what rank you receive the phoenix at.

OnlyFear The Last Pride [EviL]. Top 10 GW1 GVG tournament holder 6 years running.

in PvP

Posted by: Geff.1930

Geff.1930

Glory’s being removed.
We don’t have any gold, pvp doesn’t reward any. So for these 3k hours that many of us have played we’re getting a tiny, small reward. The PvE players have all the gold, they will be able to buy pvp gear which means my pvp gear is now worthless too.

So what rewards do we get instead? I don’t understand why you guys are making it so that we lose everything (some of us actually played pretty kitten hard for, soon to be, nothing).

tl;dr: The rewards for dedicating yourself to the only remotely difficult part of the game will be negligible compared to mindlessly farming pve. Unless there’s drastic compensation (not you get to keep your lame finisher) such as thousands of gold or pvp-only armour.
But again, we have to ALREADY have the pvp-only armour because we’ve already invested the kitten time. We’ve already earnt it. Not a matter of now you get a chance to earn it, otherwise we’re back to square one.

And if you still don’t follow here’s a basic example of your proposed changes to the reward system:

You are making no sense what-so-ever. PvE players can already buy PvP armor. They might not get the high tier skins, but who gives a kitten, they are just skins, they don’t change stats. You say that PvP players don’t get gold, let me ask you this, WTF does a PvP player spend gold on?

Only recently they added some items that you need gold as well as glory to purchase, but they also added silver rewards from playing PvP matches and also added tradeable gift boxes so that you can earn some extra gold. Furthermore, a majority of these purchaseable items are skins, they don’t give any stats. So wtf are you complaining about, I don’t understand.

They already said that they do not intend to include stats in PvP gear in the future.

You play PvP for the fun of playing PvP. If you want progression besides personal skill level progression, go play PvE, nobody is stopping you.

in PvP

Posted by: Authority.4386

Authority.4386

You say that PvP players don’t get gold, let me ask you this, WTF does a PvP player spend gold on?

Convert into gems and buy skins? Legendaries?

Ppl who played almost no PvP will soon run in the Mist with their legendaries.
Ppl who spent 2k+ hours PvPing will have … nothing. Frustrating.

There should be big retrospective rewards based on the rank to compensate this.

in PvP

Posted by: Jinx.7258

Jinx.7258

You say that PvP players don’t get gold, let me ask you this, WTF does a PvP player spend gold on?

This is so wrong thinking lol

#VoTF4Life

in PvP

Authority.4386

This is so wrong thinking lol

Why do you think so?

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

ANet hasn’t announced details yet because they’re probably still figuring out how best to implement the change. That includes determining the rules for when PvE skins can be imported into PvP and vice versa. It also includes how you obtain skins through PvP in the future (do you need ladder rank, etc.).

Unfortunately, PvPers will probably get the short end of the stick, but It’s not as kittenome are making it seem.

For glory, there are still many things to spend it on:
- Buy giant Wintersday gifts, which can be sold on the trading post. ~9s for 100 glory.
- In the previous living story arc, you could buy toxic chests, which had toxic spores and a chance at other items that could be sold.
- Buy Mysterious coffers, which have a chance to contain previously unobtainable items and high rank weapons.
- Create dyes (not the best conversion rate for glory).
- Buy armor sets. I’m pretty sure they’re getting carried over after the conversion.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

in PvP

Posted by: kekuso.5837

kekuso.5837

Converted 300k glory to ~500gold with Wintersday gifts.

Will probly have another 300k by the time ANet removes glory, so let’s see what that conversion rate is!

in PvP

Posted by: Zanthrax.6538

Zanthrax.6538

What Jax is saying is in PvP way back when CoF armour was quite cool to see in PvP obviously over time that armor will become more and more frequent as people get higher rank etc but in one fel swoop you made it so skins in PvP are pretty much across the board now….especially when the update comes where you can wear PvE gear in PvP….so the 3k hours he spent grinding up that CoF gear some lesser skilled/knowledgeable person can come into sPvP wearing the same skin as him.

What I don’t think Jax understands is im fairly sure new skins and rewards will come out where you strictly need to pvp….and for me personally quite frankly I couldn’t care less about the qualms of high level PvP’ers when the population is so low atm. We need more bodies in PvP, the bigger picture, if that means temporarily some players that aren’t as skilled as others just happen to look the same? So be it, prove your skill on the battlefield until new skins become availiable through ladders etc etc.

in PvP

Posted by: Geff.1930

Geff.1930

Again, all cosmetic. What does it mean if you have legendaries in sPvP. Nothing. A PvE’er with full legendary and ascended gear will always lose to an experienced PvPer with basic beginner armor. Armor has no stats.

Do you PvP to test your skill or do you PvP to ogle at people’s pretty armor?

in PvP

Authority.4386

Again, all cosmetic. What does it mean if you have legendaries in sPvP. Nothing. A PvE’er with full legendary and ascended gear will always lose to an experienced PvPer with basic beginner armor. Armor has no stats.

Do you PvP to test your skill or do you PvP to ogle at people’s pretty armor?

This game is all about cosmetics. And unless you are still wearing your starting “PvP armor”, I take your point as irrelevant.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Speaking of which:

i have legendary, fractal backpiece and pve gear

after changes, if i go to pvp will all those looks transfer (obv w/o stats) ? and will i get to keep my pve gear (with initial pve stats) when i go back to pve?

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>