PvP seems... less enticing?

in PvP

Posted by: Lemuria.3195

Lemuria.3195

First up, a disclaimer. I’m returning after about a year off from GW2 so most of this is pretty new to me even if it’s old news for you guys. Apologies if this has been done to death, but the forum search is not very helpful.

First up, glory seems to be gone. In its place, my old PvP wardrobe was converted into PvE wardrobe items (why?) and changing your appearance now costs transmutation charges.

Maybe it was to limit storage that they decided to remove the unique PvP appearance, but one of the lures of PvP was earning new gear. Seems to me that without it, there’s not really much purpose to progression since match-ups are rarely with people of the same rank.

One aspect of this however was runes. Now we have a one-size-fits all approach where you can no longer choose individual runes, instead having to choose one rune for ALL your gear. For some setups, that’s fine, but for others it’s actually more beneficial to use 2 of one kind and 4 of another for different bonuses.

Also, what happened to underwater areas? I’ve not even seen one so far, and one of my fave maps used to have a partially sunken ship. I’m guessing they’re not in the game, or pushed aside since there’s not even an option for underwater weapons when applying sigils.

Structured PvP has undergone a lot of changes since I last played, and I’m not convinced I like them all yet. It kind of feels like it’s taken one step forward and two steps backwards.

in PvP

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

People hated the underwater areas so they were removed. PvP players complained that they never got anything that could function in PvE, so the PvE and PvP wardrobes were combined. Now you can take you shiny PVP Volcanus and use it in PvE. Or, you can take the Firebringer you ground out in PvE and use it in PvP.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

in PvP

Posted by: Aidenwolf.5964

Aidenwolf.5964

The PVP reward tracks have some very good rewards.
Swords at the top and then track will be on the left.

As for progression you’re probably right. I hope Anet add something in the future to separate the achieved from the new other than finishers.

Buy To Play Guild Wars 2 2012-2015 – RIP
Unlucky since launch, RNG isn’t random
PugLife SoloQ

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

I do wish they’d bring back the raid map. The side points were fun and they could modify the underwater point to be on land and a wide open fighting point similar to the center of foefire.

in PvP

Posted by: Valky.2574

Valky.2574

ETOM = Leveling and Karma
Spvp = Leveling and dungeon tokens

At lest that’s how it is to me if they want me to have more fun and play them modes like spvp then a 10v10 or 20v20 mode will be needed all these stupid tournaments and wanna be esport mentality is destroying the fun for me and 5v5 is way to small might as well call it dvd dungeon group vs dungeon group

in PvP

Posted by: Blair.3796

Blair.3796

ETOM = Leveling and Karma
Spvp = Leveling and dungeon tokens

At lest that’s how it is to me if they want me to have more fun and play them modes like spvp then a 10v10 or 20v20 mode will be needed all these stupid tournaments and wanna be esport mentality is destroying the fun for me and 5v5 is way to small might as well call it dvd dungeon group vs dungeon group

I’m not disputing your points, but there are the tracks for the backpiece and all the Glorious Armor sets as well, which are PvP specific rewards. Then there are the region reward tracks for more weapon skins. It’s not just dungeon tokens and tomes of knowledge.