PvP thief hate hypocrisy.

in PvP

Posted by: odstninja.1468

odstninja.1468

Thieves are suddenly decent and everyone screams oh no. Warrior is op and warriors are like good finally. (as well they should be)

Necro’s have crazy condi bomb, engis are op this season, tempest, chrono, and dh op previous seasons.

But suddenly thieves are good, using a creative NON metabattle build mind you that would get laughed at by pugs at the start of the season, and suddenly everyone QQ’s.

in PvP

Posted by: AsiraasiB.7165

AsiraasiB.7165

The d/d build has been around forever.. Acro and trickery was all u needed lol..

in PvP

Posted by: snarfrificus.4230

snarfrificus.4230

A so you are a 3 spammer, this is indeed getting interesting,

But i can say this:

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/717/614/0e4.png

in PvP

Posted by: Jace al Thor.6745

Jace al Thor.6745

I think the problem is that thief was meta for so long to counter zerk builds like Mesmer( which is why until HoT you only had a handful play competitively) and once HoT landed and the bunker meta started thief was obsolete due to way to much sustain. Season 2 had a more condi centric meta with Merc amulet, which still had high sustain, so again no theif.
So now, after the removal of a lot of high sustain amulets( yes you still have some and some builds offer high sustain when played right) thief is having a come back. That means People have to relearn how to fight them and stealth again. Sure, you had Mesmer meta but season 1 was bunker and had no need for stealth and neither did season 2 condi. And unless you want to count trapper rune gaurd(so annoying but seriously? Lame) or engi stealth(ha I can see you mr gyro) then there’s been no good stealth using class in PvP. Does staff thief use a lot of stealth? No, but that doesn’t people won’t confuse it with some other build.

Sachyi Asuna. A [KING]’s Mesmer Unified Kingdom

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Fun fact, people still blame thieves for losses regardless how good thief was.

I can play any other class like crap, nobody says a word. Go on thief? Lose a match for w/e reason? Yep, totally my fault.

Also, watched a lot of enemy teams bashing their thief even though thief did fine and it was enemy necro that was feeding us kills and points.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

Thief is fine apart from the perma evade d/d build. The build is much stronger with daredevil.

On a side note, I am finding this meta even more condi-centric than last.

Bad Elementalist

in PvP

Jace al Thor.6745

Thief is fine apart from the perma evade d/d build. The build is much stronger with daredevil.

On a side note, I am finding this meta even more condi-centric than last.

That because warrior got buffed and now everyone is running it as fotm it seems like. I’m surprised whenever I DONT have a warrior on my team.

And I don’t have a problem with thieves. The bad ones die, the good ones reset and decap else where then come back after watching me blow my CD’s

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

I can play any other class like crap, nobody says a word. Go on thief? Lose a match for w/e reason? Yep, totally my fault.

Also, watched a lot of enemy teams bashing their thief even though thief did fine and it was enemy necro that was feeding us kills and points.

I find so much funny about that, like I cry laughing when a thief wins his duels against even dragonhunters and revenants, Finishing Blow the ele or druid, decaps forcing enemies to spread out, but the friendly dragonhunter dies 1v1 on far more than once to the same druid or mesmer while others fight on roads constantly. The loss is somehow the thief’s fault. If only the thief died in the big cleaves in skirmishes in obscure parts of the map would he be forgiven for the loss.

in PvP

Jace al Thor.6745

I find so much funny about that, like I cry laughing when a thief wins his duels against even dragonhunters and revenants, Finishing Blow the ele or druid, decaps forcing enemies to spread out, but the friendly dragonhunter dies 1v1 on far more than once to the same druid or mesmer while others fight on roads constantly. The loss is somehow the thief’s fault. If only the thief died in the big cleaves in skirmishes in obscure parts of the map would he be forgiven for the loss.

Hmm it’s actually probably simple. People actually see the ranger or DH dying, fighting etc.
But if the thief is good(your Mileage may vary of course) then you shouldn’t see s/he dying. They should have backcapping and +1’ing, once done leave. Not try and tank through a mid fight or 1v1 something tanky. They can of course, especially if they win, however taking far against a Warrior isn’t really a thief job imo.

So what it boils down to is visibility. A good thief you won’t see dying as much because they’ll be busy doing other things while everyone else dies.

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Thief has always been OP. Always has, always will.

But it’s still relative. What’s it facing. How good is the person playing it.

@ThiefOPfo’life

in PvP

Posted by: Zodryn.4216

Zodryn.4216

Thieves aren’t suddenly using a creative non meta build. D/D condi was a thing since launch. Adding DD with lotus makes it better, but still not great. It’s a fun little build to rank with, and it seems to annoy some less experienced folks, but that’s about it. There’s a reason it’s not a meta build.

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Aw, people complaining about your thief? That must suck. As an Engineer I’ve gone through that every time Engi (and now Scrapper) was able to poke his head in the meta.

Always happens, you should be used to it if you’ve played Thief any length of time before HoT. People will always group together and target their hate on a class or build. Sometimes because it is cheesy and not fun to play against, and sometimes just because it is actually op.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in PvP

Posted by: Monade.2639

Monade.2639

People say “Nerf thieves!”, then when they get in a match with more than one thief “So who is switching?”

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Aw, people complaining about your thief? That must suck. As an Engineer I’ve gone through that every time Engi (and now Scrapper) was able to poke his head in the meta.

Always happens, you should be used to it if you’ve played Thief any length of time before HoT. People will always group together and target their hate on a class or build. Sometimes because it is cheesy and not fun to play against, and sometimes just because it is actually op.

Scrapper isn’t actually in the meta. The Hammer is in the meta. The Hammer just requires a scrapper to carry it around.

Yeesh.

in PvP

Shaogin.2679

People say “Nerf thieves!”, then when they get in a match with more than one thief “So who is switching?”

Well let’s be honest here, there are alot of wannabe Thieves who are really bad. If you have more than one Thief on your team, the odds are pretty high that at least one of them sucks.

Gate of Madness

in PvP

Posted by: odstninja.1468

odstninja.1468

Just curious as to what the new build is? I’ve ran d/p power for a long time and bored with it.

I’ve heard staff, I’ve heard d/d (both as daredevil and dual daggers b/c they mention death blossom) and I’ve heard condis, and a few weeks ago all the pro thieves said dash and now people are saying the damaging dodge instead so its all pretty confusing.

in PvP

Posted by: R O C.6574

R O C.6574

Well let’s be honest here, there are alot of wannabe Thieves who are really bad. If you have more than one Thief on your team, the odds are pretty high that at least one of them sucks.

2 thieves that know their game are a huge asset. The amount of mobility should keep you ahead on rotations and the “right place right time” bursts should keep you winning the skirmishes.

in PvP

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

Scrapper isn’t actually in the meta. The Hammer is in the meta. The Hammer just requires a scrapper to carry it around.

Yeesh.

Gyros are actually very useful.

NSPride <3

in PvP

Posted by: BeepBoopBop.5403

BeepBoopBop.5403

Yeesh.

Gyros are healing for the Scrapper, AoE CC, AoE damage, and an AoE lightning field.

FTFY, and all passive. This wonderful post-HoT world :^)

Anet, at least put some kind of burden of skill on the Scrapper by having some of the gyro detonation effects tied to the Scrapper manually detonating the gyro. Being rewarded with all these effects for letting your gyro die is moronic.

Koolgai Smurf – Thief | Dazin U – Mesmer | Whats Healing Power – Ranger|
I Bought Hot – Revenant | [QQ]

in PvP

Cynz.9437

but 2 bad scrappers, 2 bad wars, 2 bad chronos, 2 bad eles is NP

somehow magically majority of thieves are supposedly bad but majority of other classes players not…..and thieves are OP supposedly as well, what a paradox

All is Vain~

in PvP

Posted by: Drussthelegend.2630

Drussthelegend.2630

somehow magically majority of thieves are supposedly bad but majority of other classes players not…..and thieves are OP supposedly as well, what a paradox

Its because they are not an effective point presence that people get kittened when they get more then 1 of them on there team. How can you hold 2 points for a majority of a match with 2 people playing a class that can die to random cleaves and aoe quite easily in any fight greater then 2v2? Thats the problem with 2 thieves. They are a +1 and 1v1 class with zero point presence you don’t need two of those.

(edited by Drussthelegend.2630)

in PvP

Cynz.9437

Its because they are not an effective point presence. How can you mostly hold 2 points for a majority of a match with 2 people playing a class that can die to random cleaves and aoe quite easily.

but but but thief is “OP”!

All is Vain~

in PvP

Posted by: BeepBoopBop.5403

BeepBoopBop.5403

Its because they are not an effective point presence. How can you mostly hold 2 points for a majority of a match with 2 people playing a class that can die to random cleaves and aoe quite easily.

but but but thief is “OP”!

I like how he called thief a 1 v 1 class when the counter on Metabattle was literally “most 1 v 1s.”

Koolgai Smurf – Thief | Dazin U – Mesmer | Whats Healing Power – Ranger|
I Bought Hot – Revenant | [QQ]

in PvP

Posted by: R O C.6574

R O C.6574

Its because they are not an effective point presence that people get kittened when they get more then 1 of them on there team. How can you hold 2 points for a majority of a match with 2 people playing a class that can die to random cleaves and aoe quite easily in any fight greater then 2v2? Thats the problem with 2 thieves. They are a +1 and 1v1 class with zero point presence you don’t need two of those.

I haven’t had a problem winning w/ 2 thieves on my team since the update. If you jump into the middle of a 3v3 team fight as a thief, you’re an idiot. A thief’s presence in a team fight should be on the edge waiting to burst enemies w/ low hp.

in PvP

Cynz.9437

You may guess 3 times who got blamed for the loss:

Attachments:

All is Vain~

in PvP

Agemnon.4608

The Emerald?

in PvP

Cynz.9437

The Emerald?

nope

All is Vain~

in PvP

Agemnon.4608

The Emerald?

nope

Oh yeah the thief of course. It’s always the thief :( I was going by logic not what usually happens lol!

in PvP

Shaogin.2679

Thieves are harder to play than those other classes. So, yeah, higher chance of encountering a really bad thief. Simple really if you put down your victim card long enough to take a logical look at it.

Gate of Madness