Pvp Explained!

Pvp Explained!

in PvP

Posted by: Highlie.7641

Highlie.7641

Dear Arena net. you seem to be confused so I figured I would take the time to clear up the confusion you have with the term “PvP”

It does not Stand for Passive vs Passive, it never has and never will. Now that you have been educated perhaps you will start to conform to the planet’s view that it stand for “Player Vs Player” and balance accordingly.

Have a nice day.

Pvp Explained!

in PvP

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

Passive vs. passive? Am I missing something here?

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]

Pvp Explained!

in PvP

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

He’s complaining about the amount of effects that proc without the player doing anything, like the endure pain trait.

I think the reason they exist is because it makes beginners able to compete instead of just insta-exploding.

Pvp Explained!

in PvP

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

He’s complaining about the amount of effects that proc without the player doing anything, like the endure pain trait.

I think the reason they exist is because it makes beginners able to compete instead of just insta-exploding.

so wheres the necro endure pain trait? ok what about mesmers? thief’s?

im bad at sarcasm

Pvp Explained!

in PvP

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Huh? I’m not responsible for design decisions, nor do I play any of those classes. But I can tell you necro has an automatic condi transfer and thieves and mesmers both have automatic stealth. Every profession has some built in automatic skills, usually quite a few.

Pvp Explained!

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

Necro has auto-shroud.

Pvp Explained!

in PvP

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

If they add anymore passives it will be npc vs npc Lol

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

Pvp Explained!

in PvP

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

Necro has auto-shroud.

Funny , from time to time you see necro which is so attuned to their shroud that they press F1 when unholy sanctuary procs which results in their deaths.

Also I don’t get this entire passive argument to be honest, traits are by definition passive as are sigils and runes, this has been always been the case. So what is the big problem?

EverythingOP

Pvp Explained!

in PvP

Posted by: Kageseigi.2150

Kageseigi.2150

Thief…
1. Last Refuge: Automatic Stealth
2. Hard to Catch: Automatic stun break and endurance refill
3. Instant Reflexes: Automatic evasion
Personally, I only have an issue with #3. Stealth isn’t invulnerability, and #3 is like an Aegis for CC.

Mesmer…
Mirror of Anguish: Mirrors the CC back onto the attacker.
Necro…
Reaper’s Protection: Fears the attacker when CC’ed.

Both of those need to go. There’s no counterplay to them… nor are there any tells. Other professions have similar passives to the above.

Suggestions to overhaul the Thief…

* * * Thief Trait Shakeup * * *

Pvp Explained!

in PvP

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

Lol and the sad part is that passive was added because this power creep was one shotting thief to the point where this passive still isn’t enough.

They should have reduced the damage responsibly rather than trying to make an easy quality-less fix.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

Pvp Explained!

in PvP

Posted by: Ragmon.6350

Ragmon.6350

Pff, mesmer needs no kittenty Endure Pain, they have much better stuff like evades and blocks times 2.

Pvp Explained!

in PvP

Posted by: Apolo.5942

Apolo.5942

ppfff if anything GW2 has a kitten ton of button mashing and it has not made pvp any more successful for it.

The term Exploit means nothing in GW2 –
Vials Maize Balm Exploit(Halloween) 2014
Locked out of JP (Wintersday) 2015

Pvp Explained!

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

unholy sanctuary.
u need 10% life force at least though