Quickness seems like it was phased-out.

in PvP

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Quickness used to be a huge part of the game, but it seems like it was slowly phased out. Why not make it a boon that isn’t as strong?

I wonder if there is a way we can bring back quickness, but make it more like Might, where it is like this:

Quickness
Skills and actions are 1% faster.

Stacks up to 25 times.

Then we can have more attacks that give quickness since its a lot more balanced as a skill now.

For example, a new thief trait:

Swashbuckler
Gain quickness on a critical hit with a sword. Lose all quickness when you enter stealth.
Grants 5 seconds of 1 Quickness.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

(edited by Daecollo.9578)

in PvP

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

No. The whole point of quickness is for bursting and making it so fast that there is little time for reaction. 100% was too much so it went to 50%.

The changes you are proposing would defeat that purpose and make it a mechanic for sustained DPS, which in this case would become extremely OP.

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

in PvP

Daecollo.9578

the whole point of quickness is for bursting and making it so fast that there is little time for reaction. 100% was too much so it went to 50%.

The changes you are proposing would defeat that purpose and make it a mechanic for sustained DPS, which in this case would become extremely OP.

How would it be OP, 1% for one stack would make it a lot easier to put into skills and abilities, and make it easier to balance and a lot funner as a skill.

It would add a LOT of new traits and skills into the game.

in PvP

Posted by: Mrbig.8019

Mrbig.8019

lol this may be the first time i agree with something this guys says.

Quickness meta was a lot better than this one, time to go back to direct damage builds and buff the kitten off quickness.

in PvP

Daecollo.9578

No. The whole point of quickness is for bursting and making it so fast that there is little time for reaction. 100% was too much so it went to 50%.

Think about the new Ele traits alone?

When you critical with an air spell, gain quickness?

Gain quickness when you burn someone for Fire Traits?

(edited by Daecollo.9578)

in PvP

Fortus.6175

sure I would LOVE to have quickness on my staff ele, perhaps thats what it needs since the only real weakness is their slowness, but even trying to cover up my bias I can tell how OP that would be.

Quickness would go from burst to “building up”. In long drawn battle quickness might become too much. Perhaps it can be balanced around that fact, but I would much rather keep it as a burst option than a passive buff. But thats just me, I wouldnt complain if they gave it to staff ele though…..

Legendary SoloQ

(edited by Fortus.6175)

in PvP

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

This change is far too complicated, a simpler solution is to just up the speed from 50% to maybe 75%. As a Warrior I can see a Thief being able to burst me down really quick in a team fight. It sucks when it happens to you but it would be a lot more skillful than most Thief builds out there currently because of the high risk involved. With the Warrior sustain buffs I could even see burst being more viable than before.

The trouble is getting the +speed % to a point where it’s fast enough to be effective but still leave time for reaction.

Also:
Frenzy: Frenzy to gain quickness. You can not gain adrenaline for the duration.

This would make Frenzy still have a meaningful downside but not as punishing as taking more damage.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

in PvP

Mrbig.8019

sure I would LOVE to have quickness on my staff ele, perhaps thats what it needs since the only real weakness is they slowness, but even trying to cover up my bias I can tell how OP that would be.

Quickness would go from burst to “building up”. n long drawn battle quickness might become too much. Perhaps it can be balanced around that fact, but I would much rather keep it as a burst option than a passive buff. But thats just me, I would complain if they gave it to staff ele though…..

it’s not a burst option anymore.

Nobody uses it, not even wars.

And Glass cannon power rangers use it simply to increase their already massive DPS output with Sword, simply to increase their SUSTAIN.

SUSTAIN.

Quickness sucks balls.

in PvP

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

It should have had short durations (1-2s) and been roughly 75~%, then it would have been an extremely skill based… skill…
The utility system is terrible at working in little tricks up the sleeve like that though…

Traits had the potential for it, but were terribly, terribly made by the devs.

(edited by garethh.3518)

in PvP

Fortus.6175

spin

I really hope you didnt mean to imply thieves and warriors are not viable….

Anyways, @ topic; I couldnt care less, personally neither of the 2 classes I majorly play uses that mechanic; ele and guard.

Only a selected few have access to it and as proven by their performance I dont think they really ever needed it to begin with, so why buff it if warriors, thieves and rangers are in a really good spot at the moment. I really wouldnt want to imagine a warrior pulling off a chain CC and nobody being able to react to it because of that speed.

Either they give all classes access to it other than through mesmer’s AoE, or keep it the same way with their own drawbacks. I can guarantee you neither warriors, thieves nor rangers (not gonna count engis an mesmers because their CDs are different) desperately need it to be viable in the current state of the game

Legendary SoloQ

in PvP

Fortus.6175

Quickness sucks balls.

If you really think so then I recommend you to watch this thief dude (forgot his name, but just look it up on youtube as thief PvP quickness), as if people didnt drop fast enough with thieves, pop a quickness and he was dropping them in a go, and it wasnt vs bad players…

Quickness is ok, only that we are in a conditionmeta, once it shifts towards bursting again, you will realize how strong quickness really is.

Legendary SoloQ

in PvP

Mrbig.8019

Quickness sucks balls.

If you really think so then I recommend you to watch this thief dude (forgot his name, but just look it up on youtube as thief PvP quickness), as if people didnt drop fast enough with thieves, pop a quickness and he was dropping them in a go, and it wasnt vs bad players…

Quickness is ok, only that we are in a conditionmeta, once it shifts towards bursting again, you will realize how strong quickness really is.

No thief in EU uses quickness.

If there’s some fool doing it, well i guess i’ve already said he’s a fool.

in PvP

BurrTheKing.8571

spin

I really hope you didnt mean to imply thieves and warriors are not viable….

Anyways, @ topic; I couldnt care less, personally neither of the 2 classes I majorly play uses that mechanic; ele and guard.

Only a selected few have access to it and as proven by their performance I dont think they really ever needed it to begin with, so why buff it if warriors, thieves and rangers are in a really good spot at the moment. I really wouldnt want to imagine a warrior pulling off a chain CC and nobody being able to react to it because of that speed.

Either they give all classes access to it other than through mesmer’s AoE, or keep it the same way with their own drawbacks. I can guarantee you neither warriors, thieves nor rangers (not gonna count engis an mesmers because their CDs are different) desperately need it to be viable in the current state of the game

I was not saying that neither class was viable, just that neither use their quickness skill anymore. Warrior burst was also inferior to Thief’s because of our lesser sustain especially vs. conditions. Now though, you can run Mending with Restorative Strength and soon put 10 points into Tactics for Warhorn and you’ll have pretty decent condi mitigation.

There’s also nothing wrong with buffing different styles of play. It’s not like the current Warrior builds would use Frenzy with Hammer, you want to keep them locked down as long as possible.

Just an angry old man…

(edited by BurrTheKing.8571)

in PvP

Fortus.6175

Quickness sucks balls.

I see it quite often in NA though, perhaps different regions have different players, who knows. All I can say is; it does make a difference, specially if you are running a burst build in eithe ranger or thief , even a well played warrior can land a root and bam, 100b with quickness after burning a couple of enemy dodges

Legendary SoloQ

in PvP

Fortus.6175

There’s also nothing wrong with buffing different styles of play. It’s not like the current Warrior builds would use Frenzy with Hammer, you want to keep them locked down as long as possible.

My reaction time for stuff is pretty good, specially for animations I learned to fear. When I see a warrior with a hammer flying off to me, the first thing I do is dodge. If said animation is almost completely nullified then they would be broken. Remember, hammer CC is already borderline OP strong, no need to make it uncouterable, specially since a traited stun can last what seems ages….every 10 seconds.

Legendary SoloQ

(edited by Fortus.6175)

in PvP

Daecollo.9578

Some weapons would get the quickness and some wouldn’t.

However 1% per stack is OP? Wat?

in PvP

Posted by: Brigg.6189

Brigg.6189

So, there’s nothing inherently wrong with the idea, but why do we need this? You’re trading one of the few burst dps mechanics in the game for another offensive buff (of which there are many already).

in PvP

BurrTheKing.8571

My reaction time for stuff is pretty good, specially for animations I learned to fear. When I see a warrior with a hammer flying off to me, the first thing I do is dodge. If said animation is almost completely nullified then they would be broken. Remember, hammer CC is already borderline OP strong, no need to make it uncouterable, specially since a traited stun can last what seems ages….every 10 seconds.

I don’t see Hammer with Frenzy being that popular considering the whole point is to lock them down as long as possible. Also Sigil of Paralyzation is getting fixed.

Just an angry old man…

in PvP

Posted by: ahuba.6430

ahuba.6430

Everyone trolls daecollo, but at least he has the guts to put his opinons out in the open, and that atleast, is respectable.

And yeah, quickness has become irrelevant in pvp, its only a dps increase in pve atm. And actually, i think its as it should be, quickness as always felt pretty cheap. Like an “I win” button.

in PvP

Posted by: Psychogene.6780

Psychogene.6780

Not the worst idea, Daecollo has a good point about how quickness is phased out in favor of other cheesy mechanics (even though quickness was kind of OP for a long time). The idea about making quickness a boon and not an effect is one I like, though I don’t know about this swashbuckler trait tho it seems people will find a way to abuse it especially with thief sword builds.

Also adding a stack for 1% extra speed is rather pointless. One stack of bleed or confusion actually does something even if its a minor one but one stack of quickness practically does nothing. Should be changed to whatever add stacks of quickness to give 5 stacks at a time and after 10 stacks the boon activates for 10% extra speed. Something like that would and people will actually see the benefits.

So not a bad idea, though I don’t know how quickness even done like this fits in this current meta. What happens when they get a corruption boon? What penalties apply to having quickness (like endurance regeneration, increased dmg etc)? Would kind of need some penalty because we surely know people will find ways to add stacking quickness to their already overpowered class somehow.

in PvP

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

lol this may be the first time i agree with something this guys says.

Quickness meta was a lot better than this one, time to go back to direct damage builds and buff the kitten off quickness.

I completely disagree. The quickness meta sucked. BAD.

in PvP

Daecollo.9578

I’d like it for “Underused Specs.”

Like Thief Pistols.

in PvP

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

Like Thief Pistols.

I remember the quickness meta quite well. It promoted one shot builds. Pistol Whip, Hundred blades etc. etc. It was absolutely terrible.

in PvP

BurrTheKing.8571

Like Thief Pistols.

I remember the quickness meta quite well. It promoted one shot builds. Pistol Whip, Hundred blades etc. etc. It was absolutely terrible.

“One Shot” builds that only worked on players that didn’t know that the game had a dodge feature on launch. Warrior used all of its utilities just to land it and deal decent damage.

Just an angry old man…

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

Quickness is balanced as it is. Current action speed is fast enough and it doesn’t need to be slower.

1% faster up to 25 is well flat out slower than 50% action speed at current. Nerf quickness for what.

And lol @ guy talking about one shots. The only things close to one-shot were D/x + quickness. Everything else was a bunch of long multihit skills (and ranger pew pew) that even under quickness gave you a day and a half to react.

The great forum duppy.

(edited by ensoriki.5789)

in PvP

Posted by: Lux.7169

Lux.7169

Quickness sucks balls.

No good NA thieves are using it either. While we may not be up to par with the EU meta we’re honestly not that bad. Disregard anyone who says differently, we’re not using quickness.

[SoF]

in PvP

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

I remember suggesting a long time ago to make it the counter boon to Chill.

A scarce boon that would give 33% increase to actions, giving it the Stability treatment.

But this was with my suggestion to make Chill SLOW actions by 33%, but then 50% quickness would’ve been the equivalent to that 33% Chill. /Shrug

I’m glad Quickness isn’t the broken 100% it used to be.

in PvP

Daecollo.9578

I remember suggesting a long time ago to make it the counter boon to Chill.

A scarce boon that would give 33% increase to actions, giving it the Stability treatment.

But this was with my suggestion to make Chill SLOW actions by 33%, but then 50% quickness would’ve been the equivalent to that 33% Chill. /Shrug

I’m glad Quickness isn’t the broken 100% it used to be.

This is cool!

in PvP

Posted by: GankSinatra.2653

GankSinatra.2653

Quickness is a bad design they actually bothered to fix.