RIP Capricorn

RIP Capricorn

in PvP

Posted by: tevoro.1587

tevoro.1587

Was sitting in the mists waiting for my queue to pop, looking at the map and such, when I noticed a spot in the upper right corner….it was uncovered, but had no name then I realized it was Capricorn and I laughed about how much fun it was to sit on that point and watch everyone just turn around dejectedly and go back to fighting on land. Good times…

RIP Capricorn

in PvP

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

Capricorn was the most fun casual map ever. Had so many epic pirate ship fights…

I’ll still never understand the logic behind removing, rather than improving it. Or allowing us to play it in custom arenas at least

RIP Capricorn

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Capricorn was the most fun casual map ever. Had so many epic pirate ship fights…

I’ll still never understand the logic behind removing, rather than improving it. Or allowing us to play it in custom arenas at least

you probably never faced ranger or engi underwater then

since you can’t stomp underwater you also can’t prevent ranger from getting rezzed by his pet unless you bring 3 ppl to dps that 1 ranger; rangers were immortal there, as long as they sat underwater

engis are just beyond broken, underwater and on surface

and then we have classes that are just terrible underwater

Anet can’t even manage to balance classes on surface, i am sure they had no interest even touching underwater combat

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

RIP Capricorn

in PvP

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

I meant fights ontop of the ship.

And you’re absolutely right but still… Fun casual map. It was part of my PvP hotjoin childhood, hate to see it go.

RIP Capricorn

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

They removed capricorn because they don’t want to take the time to actually improve their underwater systems. Which they should do, because its a selling point of the game and they’re only hurting themselves by having poor systems in the game regardless of whether or not its PvP or PvE.

I was playing Elder Scrolls online 2 months ago and said kitten I wish I could go underwater. Thought of GW2 and then remembered “ah but GW2 didn’t polishing underwater combat…kitten ”. Mind you I didn’t check if they had fixed it, I just kittening instinctively knew they didn’t.

The great forum duppy.

(edited by ensoriki.5789)

RIP Capricorn

in PvP

Posted by: Geikamir.6329

Geikamir.6329

One thing that would have greatly helped would have been underwater stomping. It could have had the same animation as communing for a skill point.

Toons: Foreseer, Geikamir, Rapscallion, Specimen, Scythian, Zeau, Ärtifact, and Replica.

RIP Capricorn

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

One thing that would have greatly helped would have been underwater stomping. It could have had the same animation as communing for a skill point.

underwater stomping should becoming strangling,

i.e. press F to strangle them to death while under water.

RIP Capricorn

in PvP

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

I meant fights ontop of the ship.

And you’re absolutely right but still… Fun casual map. It was part of my PvP hotjoin childhood, hate to see it go.

Man you are right…also had skrittload fun cannon-ing people from mid XD

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

RIP Capricorn

in PvP

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

I liked Capricorn too, should have kept it in hotjoin/Solo at least.

But that’s how Anet roll, since launch 3 years ago, they have removed probably as much content, as they have added and with lots of nerfing on top.

RIP Capricorn

in PvP

Gaaroth.2567

Anyway i expect capricorn back when they’ll balance underwater, which will come with underwater dragon LS XD (hope after mordry)

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

RIP Capricorn

in PvP

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

I’ll still never understand the logic behind removing, rather than improving it.

That’s how I felt.

At the time of its removal we had Skyhammer at it’s ‘best’ one-shotting everyone, Bunker’s running orb on Spirit Watch not fighting anyone and we still have people preferring to fight npc’s rather than people for Legacy of the Foefire in ranked games.

Remove the water element and you had a map greater than these.

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

RIP Capricorn

in PvP

Posted by: Henrik.7560

Henrik.7560

Yes anet are lazy, they spend 95% of their time on PvE garbage. They think it’s cool kitten, but it’s Guild wars; obviously linking to PvP or WvW, not NPC wars.
Capricorn is 1000x better than kittenhammer and spirit watch AND Zergyard. All their new PvP maps are the bottom 3 favourite of 90 percent of pvpers. Yes Capricorn was a bit unbalanced due to immortal rangers and engis, you could just simply nerf them instead of ruining our fun… STILL waiting for ranger downed 3 to be nerfed and just engis in general.

Arcane Bastion [AB]
Elementalist Mesmer Ranger
Sea of Sorrows

RIP Capricorn

in PvP

Posted by: GhOst.4019

GhOst.4019

Haha, This map was awesome but at the same time OP for some. Underwater ranger, necro, guardian…kitten . Or 1 man holding off 5 people with the cannon lol.

#1 Player Granada
#1 Player Comoros

RIP Capricorn

in PvP

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

rip

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

RIP Capricorn

in PvP

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

This is truly saddening. In a game format that is often accused of being stale, I NEVER will understand the rationale behind scrapping an entire map!!! It really makes no sense.

Yes, people hated skyhammer, but it’s still here. Were the numbers really that worse for this map? I personally loved Capricorn as it was one of my favorite maps. Underwater combat is annoying, but the other two points and the pirate ship are awesome.

Capricorn >> Spirit Watch >>>>> Skyhammer

Bring Capricorn back please!

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

RIP Capricorn

in PvP

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

Yes anet are lazy, they spend 95% of their time on PvE garbage. They think it’s cool kitten, but it’s Guild wars; obviously linking to PvP or WvW, not NPC wars.
Capricorn is 1000x better than kittenhammer and spirit watch AND Zergyard. All their new PvP maps are the bottom 3 favourite of 90 percent of pvpers. Yes Capricorn was a bit unbalanced due to immortal rangers and engis, you could just simply nerf them instead of ruining our fun… STILL waiting for ranger downed 3 to be nerfed and just engis in general.

1. Anet is lazy not “are lazy”. Anet is singular in this case not plural.
2. Any company that wants to stay in business is going to focus on their core audience wants, which is NOT PvP. I mean not even in Guild wars 1 was the PvP the focus after prophecies.
3. Capricorn was a terrible map because the core systems of the game did not support the map. It is just a slightly more popular version of the skyhammer.
4. PvPers are not a monolith block, people have difference preference. The people on the forum represents just one, so your 90% statistic is just hyperbole. Thus useless, similar to how the word “Joke” has become overused.
5. Generally, if you want convince the dev to take your opinion seriously don’t rely on anger and hyperbole.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

RIP Capricorn

in PvP

Posted by: tevoro.1587

tevoro.1587

Fair, but with the new statistic that are available about pvp the devs could release data on what maps are most often chosen, would be interesting to see what maps are least chosen and by what percentage.

RIP Capricorn

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

a time before 8v8 was removed, a time before skyhammer, a time before ranks were made redundant, a time before the PVE merge when we had our own currency.

those were the best days of GW2.

RIP Capricorn

in PvP

Gaaroth.2567

a time before 8v8 was removed, a time before skyhammer, a time before ranks were made redundant, a time before the PVE merge when we had our own currency.

Well no, it sure had some fun frames but was uttely unbalanced, and most of the additions after are pretty good.
Also I want to be the black sheep and say I freaking love Skyhammer: i mean, if you are not aware of your surrounding you deserve to be trown out of the borders by my mighty mine

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

RIP Capricorn

in PvP

Posted by: Arkantos.7460

Arkantos.7460

so true,
I loved my dodging fights as thief because I dont need fagin stealth

Good Thiefs are average,
Skilled Thiefs are dangerous

RIP Capricorn

in PvP

Posted by: TheDarkFlameX.9301

TheDarkFlameX.9301

I freaking love Skyhammer

evil

All Skyhammer talk aside, they could just nerf ranger downed/drowning 3, engis in general and buff the classes that are bad underwater.

Or take the lazy method and remove the water.

But they took the even lazier method by removing the map. Well done.

RIP Capricorn

in PvP

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Capricorn, Sanctum, SAB, Whole Season 1… There is so much content removed from Guild Wars 2 for the wrong reasons.