Ranked Arena needs to have a limit...

in PvP

Posted by: William C.6195

William C.6195

This doesn’t happen too often, but often enough that I get kittened off at having matches thrown by players who don’t even know how to cap a point.

Please give Ranked Arenas some limit. E.g. You must take part in 10 Unranked Arenas before you can do ranked.

Attachments:

NA/EU: Auldon/Auldone
[feat]

in PvP

Posted by: Nikkle.4013

Nikkle.4013

Can’t find the dev response but I remember they were open to putting a rank requirement on competitive queing.

in PvP

Posted by: Geiir.7603

Geiir.7603

They should make a far better tutorial explaining basic rotations and stuff. And add a rank limit (not too much though!)

Melder – Thief

in PvP

Posted by: GhOst.4019

GhOst.4019

Simple as a small limit along with a video tutorial. First time entering into PvP and you have a 5 minute video to watch on basic rotation/ objectives. Then add tooltips (that can be turned off) onto their screen. I would suggest using a voice for the video that is as excited as the Chinese in game announcer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4fsZi7cop4

#1 Player Granada
#1 Player Comoros

(edited by GhOst.4019)

in PvP

Posted by: Abaddon.2105

Abaddon.2105

This doesn’t happen too often, but often enough that I get kittened off at having matches thrown by players who don’t even know how to cap a point.

Please give Ranked Arenas some limit. E.g. You must take part in 10 Unranked Arenas before you can do ranked.

I second that.

I am not going to stop myself and I will fully express my feelings upon these weak mortals, each time I will have one of them on my side.

It is your fault, a net, putting them together with me.

Additionally I am being offended by playing with people that doesn’t communicate with me in English.

San Francisco in the middle sixties was a very special time and place to be a part of.

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

in PvP

William C.6195

I’m glad to see I’m not the only one who gets frustrated by this.

And, it’s no fault of the player, really. It’s just that the system allows them to join ranked and get put with people with far greater experience.

[feat]

in PvP

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

This all ties into the general issue of PvP being too detatched from the rest of the game. The only exposure anyone gets to PvP from the rest of the game is an obscure button on their UI with too many scary options to choose before you hit go. When actually playing PvP, it’s entirely different than every other aspect of the game.

in PvP

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

I’m glad to see I’m not the only one who gets frustrated by this.

And, it’s no fault of the player, really. It’s just that the system allows them to join ranked and get put with people with far greater experience.

So you want them to go into unranked where they can get facerolled by pre made Guild Teams, surely this restriction has to go both ways, if your are xx rank you cannot enter unranked matches,

I ran into so many pre made guild teams who rolled today threw unranked winning by 200-400 points, yet when I went into ranked areans, not once did I see said guild teams, funny how that works.

in PvP

Posted by: oneply.9586

oneply.9586

easy make the ranked requirement that your character has to be a true lvl 80.
number of games doesn’t constitute knowledge
but to reach lvl 80 takes some commitment to figuring your class out. a new player isnt going to have a stack of ToK to insta 80.

One Ply To Rule Them All
Bring PPK back to WvW!!!

(edited by oneply.9586)

in PvP

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Are you sure this is legit? I’m pretty sure if you are a dragon, it’s basically impossible to get paired up with a rabbit. Also I see people all the time saying “just bought GW2 guise what do i do here???” as a joke at the start of the match and they have a champ title up.

in PvP

Random Weird Guy.3528

So you want them to go into unranked where they can get facerolled by pre made Guild Teams, surely this restriction has to go both ways, if your are xx rank you cannot enter unranked matches.

That’s a horrible idea. The reason (and only reason) I would go premade into unranked is to try out a completely new comp for a couple of games before going into ranked without having to trash my rating. And I always end up against another premade when I do this, so I’ve got no idea how you’re managing to get unfair matches.

in PvP

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

1. of games doesn’t constitute knowledge
    but to reach lvl 80 takes some commitment to figuring your class out. a new player isnt going to have a stack of ToK to insta 80.

Do you even PVP? That’s the worst idea I’ve ever seen.
PVE does not make you learn how to PVP
LV80 PVE noobs are everywhere in PVP nowadays…
Also this suggestion forces PVP people to do PVE contents,
that has nothing to do with PVP.

I already have a much better solution that I pointed out long time ago.
Make a “Newbie Arena Que” for anyone who just entered PVP.
You have to complete 100 games in “Newbie Arena Que” before you can participate in any Unranked or Ranked Arena. (To avoid leeching, additional requirement is that you need to win at least 25 games among those 100 games.)
To protect the Newbie Arena’s safety, after you fulfill all the requirements (100 games, 25 wins), you cannot Que up in Newbie Arena again.

Also, to avoid shortage of people, the game will be automatically started with any number of players currently in Ques(1v1, 2v2, etc) after 5 minutes of Que time.

With this, newbies can play around with each other, not being slaughtered by pros, and not being a liability to a normal team. They can learn the concept of maps, movement, classes, combat in this Arena with all the other newbies.

(edited by Aomine.5012)

in PvP

Posted by: Basket of Boxes.1976

Basket of Boxes.1976

Lots of the time people saying that are just trolling, they will even wear the starter armour to really ham it up. Sad thing is when there is a new player its hard to tell if they are new or just someone purposely screwing up ranked matches by playing badly.

in PvP

Posted by: Maris.3164

Maris.3164

Yes please this. I am fed up of seeing clueless lvl 2-3s in my ranked matches.

in PvP

Posted by: Devious.8901

Devious.8901

I think players should only be allowed entry to ranked if they have gotten to a certain Rank in pvp and have played a few of matches on each map.

PvPing since Fort Aspenwood.

in PvP

oneply.9586

You have to complete 100 games in “Newbie Arena Que” before you can participate in any Unranked or Ranked Arena. (To avoid leeching, additional requirement is that you need to win at least 25 games among those 100 games.)
To protect the Newbie Arena’s safety, after you fulfill all the requirements (100 games, 25 wins), you cannot Que up in Newbie Arena again.

Also, to avoid shortage of people, the game will be automatically started with any number of players currently in Ques(1v1, 2v2, etc) after 5 minutes of Que time.

With this, newbies can play around with each other, not being slaughtered by pros, and not being a liability to a normal team. They can learn the concept of maps, movement, classes, combat in this Arena with all the other newbies.

oh im sorry i didnt realize the only way to level your character was to do PvE…..smh

also cramming the newbies all together doesnt help them either. who are they going to learn from? other noobs? and then youre forcing new people who are more compotent and mechanically skilled to put up with nubs for 100 games? no fricking way. it literally took me 1 game to get with the flow, if i had to play 99 more games with noobs i wouldve never got into the pvp scene in this game. its a stupid elitist attitude.

One Ply To Rule Them All
Bring PPK back to WvW!!!

(edited by oneply.9586)

in PvP

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

oh im sorry i didnt realize the only way to level your character was to do PvE…..smh

also cramming the newbies all together doesnt help them either. who are they going to learn from? other noobs? and then youre forcing new people who are more compotent and mechanically skilled to put up with nubs for 100 games? no fricking way. it literally took me 1 game to get with the flow, if i had to play 99 more games with noobs i wouldve never got into the pvp scene in this game. its a stupid elitist attitude.

Yeah right, you’re so good that you master the PVP in one match. (clap)
Newbies all think like that lol…
Newbies who think they become “better than the rest of the noobs” in one game is exactly why they’re noob.

Point of Newbie Arena Que is to let “real” newcomers grasp the flow of PVP, and not fighting in the horribly unbalanced 5 v 4 spectator/auto-balance hot-join, yet not being brutally beaten by the more experienced players in real arena.
And this feature is an account bound thing, so no, you don’t have to go through this process every time you create a new character.

Forcing those newbies, who think they’re better than the rest of the people, even though they have no proof whatsoever, (“Oh! I win 2 games, so I must be good!” isn’t proof) to battle each other actually starting to sound good when I see people like you.
If you’re THAT good, then you should win that Newbie Arena Que 100% of the time right? That’s enough proof that you’re good no? If you can’t do that, and start complaining about your team being bad, then you have no right to say you’re more competent than the rest of the community.
(Also, this Newbie Arena Que should contribute to the classes’ champion win count, so people actually want to stay there longer to get more easy wins early hand lol)

Added note: If you already play PVP for quite awhile, please don’t respond on the behalf of newbies, since you’re not newbie anymore. This feature is created exactly for newcomers of PVP, so veterans have no place to protest for the system.

(edited by Aomine.5012)

in PvP

Posted by: Polismassa.6740

Polismassa.6740

Games like League of Legends and DOTA 2 require you to have played around 100 games to be able to play ranked matches, and each of those matches takes anywhere from 30 to 60 minutes. Matches in GW2 are much, much shorter, so i don’t see why there shouldn’t be some sort of gating for newer accounts. Just make an account-wide counter of 10 unranked games (Abandoned games should not count, even if it is unranked) before an account has access to the ranked queue.

As for “noobs learning from noobs”, at that level of play, the best way for those players to actually improve is really just to play the game. Guild Wars 2 is a game that requires considerable mechanical prowess and observational skills, and neither of those can really be taught by someone else. Anyone who wants to get into PvP should have at least played a decent number of matches. This is the case with every competitive game in existence; The player who has spent 1 hour reading a guide and 9 hours playing is nearly always going to trump the player who has spent 9 hours reading a guide and 1 hour playing.

[IX]

in PvP

oneply.9586

Yeah right, you’re so good that you master the PVP in one match. (clap)
Newbies all think like that lol…
Newbies who think they become “better than the rest of the noobs” in one game is exactly why they’re noob.

Point of Newbie Arena Que is to let “real” newcomers grasp the flow of PVP, and not fighting in the horribly unbalanced 5 v 4 spectator/auto-balance hot-join, yet not being brutally beaten by the more experienced players in real arena.
And this feature is an account bound thing, so no, you don’t have to go through this process every time you create a new character.

Forcing those newbies, who think they’re better than the rest of the people, even though they have no proof whatsoever, (“Oh! I win 2 games, so I must be good!” isn’t proof) to battle each other actually starting to sound good when I see people like you.
If you’re THAT good, then you should win that Newbie Arena Que 100% of the time right? That’s enough proof that you’re good no? If you can’t do that, and start complaining about your team being bad, then you have no right to say you’re more competent than the rest of the community.
(Also, this Newbie Arena Que should contribute to the classes’ champion win count, so people actually want to stay there longer to get more easy wins early hand lol)

Added note: If you already play PVP for quite awhile, please don’t respond on the behalf of newbies, since you’re not newbie anymore. This feature is created exactly for newcomers of PVP, so veterans have no place to protest for the system.

hahahaha….do you even read what you write or understand wording?
“get with the flow” =/= mastered, it means gaining competency to be a contributing member of the team. ive been playing video games since Atari came out, its not hard to become “average” quickly at any game. its not like conquest is some brand new concept to the gaming world. or knowing how to focus a player down. there is nothing unique about GW2 as far as game play goes.
and your “added note” take your own advice.

One Ply To Rule Them All
Bring PPK back to WvW!!!

in PvP

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

Games like League of Legends and DOTA 2 require you to have played around 100 games to be able to play ranked matches, and each of those matches takes anywhere from 30 to 60 minutes. Matches in GW2 are much, much shorter, so i don’t see why there shouldn’t be some sort of gating for newer accounts. Just make an account-wide counter of 10 unranked games (Abandoned games should not count, even if it is unranked) before an account has access to the ranked queue.

I dont know about LoL but for dota2 you certainly dont need 100 games for playing ranked.

in PvP

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

I agree with you. Ranked arena should really have some kind of limit when the matchmaking will put for example r80 with over 3K games with and a first timer together, it’s painful for both.

Please please please add the restriction as soon as possible. The last few days I’ve been having horrible matches with people who were obviously not much experienced and it’s getting to the point where I’m thinking about completely quitting the game. I mainly do pvp and this takes all the fun I always had in pvp.

You can try as much as you want to help the new players but most of the time I don’t even get a reply.

in PvP

Random Weird Guy.3528

An easy way to get around this is to split MMR into 2-3 tiers, people can only play with/against players in their tier.
I guess it’s similar in a way to WvW tiers, worlds that clearly lack experienced/dedicated players are not going to be staged against higher scoring worlds.

in PvP

Posted by: Polismassa.6740

Polismassa.6740

I dont know about LoL but for dota2 you certainly dont need 100 games for playing ranked.

I’m not sure when the last time you played was, but on my alt account, I have 61 unranked games, and my profile is still only level 8, I also have quite a few more wins than losses. You need to be level 13 to participate in ranked, so with my current win-loss rate, I will need to play approximately 117 unranked matches before I have access to ranked.

[IX]

in PvP

William C.6195

I’ve seen a lot of people saying that this guy might just have been trolling, but given that he genuinely didn’t seem to know what he was doing, I’m inclined to think he wasn’t.

If he was just a bad player that’d be fine in a way, but he was just super new to PvP. He should not be in ranked or put in a match with anyone with similar experience to me (1.2k games or so).

Putting a restriction on ranked is also good for the new players. There’s nothing fun about joining a game and getting your kitten handed to you and then getting flamed by annoyed team mates.

I have a simple restriction system:

5 hotjoins → 25 unranked → ranked

I think that forcing a progression like that would improve a new players basic understanding of conquest (e.g. capping points, secondary mechanics). The 25 matches in unranked would then get them used to playing with a team and force them to rotate better.
Then, when they’ve got more experience, they can join ranked. And hopefully the matchmaking would put them with other people of the same skill level.

[feat]