Ready Up: Ep 2 - Friday at 12PM PST

in PvP

Posted by: Maesk.8753

Maesk.8753

I’d like to hear what anets vision for thieves is. I seem to remember a while back, a dev saying that they would like to give thieves more mobility and staying power, while making them less reliant on stealth. Though I might be mistaken on that.
So far we’ve seen nerf’s to both stealth and mobility, and not much in the way to buffs in staying power.

Just curious is all.

in PvP

Posted by: Glenstorm.4059

Glenstorm.4059

Elementalists: what is our compensation for having the lowest health and armor supposed to be? Our access to evades, blocks and blinks is limited. Our mobility has been nerfed. Our healing has been nerfed. Our traits don’t really cut it in the survivability department.

What is our inherent defensive mechanic?

Fear the might of SHATTERSTONE.

in PvP

Posted by: Balefire.7592

Balefire.7592

Dear Grouch,
Have your intended design philosophies for the professions changed since Jonathan put them up on the December 14th patch thread last year? Do you feel that the professions are closing in on these design philosophies (whether the original or new ones)?

Scrubbiest Necro NA.

in PvP

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

-Why doesn’t any balance team member ever visit the necro sub-forum to answer the huge dissapointment caused by more necro nerfs and the signet of bad??

-Many necro’s feel dissapointed with where the necromancer is going and only being able to rely on one build i spvp and being useless in pve in general. (exception if solo)
What are the plans on how to make necromancer the actual profession if is supposed to be? iow. artrittion/sustain and real condition damage that should be necro’s own.

-Is the necro profession at this point what you envisioned ?

-Is the necromancer a side project like ranger?

-In september a list of necro known bugs was presented and alot of communiquees where offered to discuss and better the necromancer, what has happened since then? (exclude the vampire signet of bad)

-Will there ever be anything done to all the gamebreaking bugs on the necromancer class? (or will we simply get an description change as a fix)

-Why give all other professions more acces to conditions and application then necromancer? and to top it off give them passive cleansing and healing?

-Why are other classes better at artrition then necromancer?

-Is there anyone who plays necromancer on the dev team?

-Will necromancer nerfs to DS/Terror/Dhuumfire and all other mechanics be reversed now necromancer has become (obviously to necromancer players) a niche profession with 1 viable spvp build (sortof) no viable wvw build (support/healing lol) and no viable pve build?

All these questions relate to a meta that has been dominating for months now of wich the necromance should have been a counterbalance.. but since the necromancer has become dull.. as in blade “dull” and dull as in boring to play how does the team envision necromancers future?

-Last one: why hasn’t any of our bugs been fixed? some have been around since launch. apparently all are known to the team yet nothing is being done.. what’s up with that?

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

(edited by Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046)

in PvP

Posted by: Geff.1930

Geff.1930

When will Mesmers get nerfed?

in PvP

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

• What is the plan to give higher base survival to the elementalist class?

The profession was initially designed to survive through active defenses, and that’s how Anet has always justified its low health base value. However, many of their active defenses rely on defensive stats (auras require them to get hit, healing skills and boons favor defensive stats too), while Mesmers were given most of the stat-independent defenses (as much or even more CC, blurs, more access to blocks, clones) and a higher base health value. To us elementalists, it feels like Mesmers have gotten, in addition to their better health and and in addittion to their clone mechanic, the kind of defenses that we deserved to receive. Interestingly enough, mesmers have massive base survival in berserker/ rampager gear, and elementalists can’t exist without defensive traits and some defensive stats. It feels like one profession is over-compensating for another.

But it’s too late to change that now. Regardless, something must be done to the elementalist, and it seems that no matter what the solution is, Anet must make a compromise. They didn’t want us to have thief’s mobility, they don’t want us to have higher health value, and they probably don’t want to overload us with mesmer-like defenses, or necromancer-like condition defenses. And realistically, I’m not expecting Anet to create an entire new mechanic, like stealth or clones, just for us.

And THAT’s what makes this an interesting question.

• What is Anet willing to do?

Another issue with elementalists are the poor sustain damage from auto-attacks. Some skills like flamestrike contribute almost nothing for their weapon skillset. Now, I also think (as many of other players) that auto-attacks across the game should be nerfed. I would like to know what Anet thinks about this issue too, both from an elementalist view, and a more global one.

(edited by DiogoSilva.7089)

in PvP

Posted by: EverythingEnds.4261

EverythingEnds.4261

Despite the fact, that you are ignoring this topic for almost an eternity now:

How do / will you deal with Skyhammer farmers?

And please show us the god kitten ed Dragon finisher!

in PvP

Posted by: Adris.1859

Adris.1859

- Status on reward revamp
- ETA of next balance patch
- Status on game modes development
- Was John Sharp fired ?

in PvP

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

-Why doesn’t any balance team member ever visit the necro sub-forum to answer the huge dissapointment caused by more necro nerfs and the signet of bad??

-Many necro’s feel dissapointed with where the necromancer is going and only being able to rely on one build i spvp and being useless in pve in general. (exception if solo)
What are the plans on how to make necromancer the actual profession if is supposed to be? iow. artrittion/sustain and real condition damage that should be necro’s own.

-Is the necro profession at this point what you envisioned ?

-Is the necromancer a side project like ranger?

-In september a list of necro known bugs was presented and alot of communiquees where offered to discuss and better the necromancer, what has happened since then? (exclude the vampire signet of bad)

-Will there ever be anything done to all the gamebreaking bugs on the necromancer class? (or will we simply get an description change as a fix)

-Why give all other professions more acces to conditions and application then necromancer? and to top it off give them passive cleansing and healing?

-Why are other classes better at artrition then necromancer?

-Is there anyone who plays necromancer on the dev team?

-Will necromancer nerfs to DS/Terror/Dhuumfire and all other mechanics be reversed now necromancer has become (obviously to necromancer players) a niche profession with 1 viable spvp build (sortof) no viable wvw build (support/healing lol) and no viable pve build?

All these questions relate to a meta that has been dominating for months now of wich the necromance should have been a counterbalance.. but since the necromancer has become dull.. as in blade “dull” and dull as in boring to play how does the team envision necromancers future?

-Last one: why hasn’t any of our bugs been fixed? some have been around since launch. apparently all are known to the team yet nothing is being done.. what’s up with that?

I would add to this:

Will necromancers get a proper replacement for the terrible healing skill we got? No one uses it.

Are there any reasons to not bring back our ability to tank one-hit kills in Death Shroud? Why was this even removed? It wasn’t overpowered. It solved a basic flaw in the class, that we don’t have any invulnerability skills.

And to repeat, why are we so bad at attrition?

Are there any plans to solve the problems with the condition cap, and Defiant? Should we not hold our breath, or are changes due?

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in PvP

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

1. Are warriors going to be nerfed? (please)
2. Are eles going to be buffed, and have their various weaponsets become more well-rounded overall? (please)
3. What is the plan for thieves currently, and what is your take on the very limited number of builds that thieves can use, especially after the December 10th patch?

1. Warriors are fine after the patch. Both useful and not OP. The patch was not supposed to kill warriors, it was supposed to tune them down. (please)
2. Yes, they need buffs, I have faith in anet on that one, but possibly only after the new skills are in the game.
3. Thieves have awesome builds right now. I’ve been running Faeleth’s S/P build all day and it’s been incredible.

Jesus dude, in every thread I jump in these days, I see you complaining about the same stuff over and over again. You need a hug. :<

I’m gonna follow your example in whinning though, in a different manner, and ask the devs if they can give us some information about how’s the testing going on the new game modes. I can’t wait for Arenas and King of the Hill!

Mmm…

1. Warriors still continue to be the dominant class in sPvP- they heal for at least 50 HPS more than every other class in the game, have some of the highest skill coefficients, have good condi removal/dampening, have heavy armor, and have the highest base health in the game. If nothing else, the warrior at least needs a small tune-down on health regeneration, which is why I’ve been suggesting decreasing HS by 20, at least as a start, to see what the effects are (evolution over revolution).

3. I don’t know what kind of people you’ve been playing, but S/P is just a gimmick build that relies on people constantly standing right in its Pistol Whip, which tends to be very easily counterable with just a little bit of range. Furthermore, Retaliation melts the build. Also, since the IR nerf, our main source of condi removal for sword builds has been severely weakened, and our mobility has been severely hampered. S/D builds have gone from having three usable skills to just two, and S/P is still as much of a gimmick build as it always has been, except that it’s even weaker now due to the weakness of IR.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in PvP

Posted by: savov.3712

savov.3712

I’ll keep it nice and short:

• Retroactively rewarding for previous sPvP matches, after the new reward system is in place;
  • ETA on said new reward system;
  • Templates to store our builds (skills, traits, runes, sigils, armors);
  • Guild capes/trims;
  • Your thoughts on balance as it is now. What you are and not happy with? What’s in store and when?

in PvP

Posted by: Nary Why Irk.8150

Nary Why Irk.8150

ººº When will pvp legendaries be released and how to obtain
ººº How are ranks and rank acquisition going to be modified
ººº Will you rework rank finishers to look better than actual
ººº When are you really going to add build diversity

:)

in PvP

Posted by: Michael.7382

Michael.7382

1. What are the plans for rewarding with rank points previous tournament wins? Any chance on that and how fast can it be done?
2. Are U planing to shave healing signet? It heals for too much, still. Cut it ~30%.
3. Are U going to buff eles? Coz now dmg is good (ie fresh air) BUT survability is to low. I don’t mean buffing it in terms of surv much, coz with fresh air dmg + gr8 surv it would be OP, but give more sustain, mobility tools. Ele could be good roamer, but 40cd RTL cuts it – make it 25s flat. Also revert stunbreaker on flash.
4. When PvP Legendaries are going to be introduced?
5. Introducing templates in near future?

Champion: >| Illusionist | Shadow | Phantom | Legionnaire | Magus | Hunter |<
r[5x] tPvP onlY.
|>>> 2000+ Tournament Matches won, still rising <<<|

(edited by Michael.7382)

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

Is there a chance to get anyhow a better and FASTER balancing rhyhtm for spvp?
You guyz are aware bout it is annoying as palyer to play vs this clearly op things in this game for 3+ months?
Can you finaly split spvp from wvw/pve? (dont tell us its to expensive or to much work)
You guyz even care anymore bout balancing in spvp?

(edited by Romek.4201)

in PvP

Posted by: Marcos.3690

Marcos.3690

Q: How do you plan to make the ele viable again? Why do you keep nerfing it every balance patch?

in PvP

Romek.4201

you think it is fine to reward teamQ with more than double the rankpointz people get in soloQ and so force solo palyers to play teamQ and get farmed by teams?

in PvP

Posted by: Morinmeth.9823

Morinmeth.9823

1. Are warriors going to be nerfed? (please)
2. Are eles going to be buffed, and have their various weaponsets become more well-rounded overall? (please)
3. What is the plan for thieves currently, and what is your take on the very limited number of builds that thieves can use, especially after the December 10th patch?

1. Warriors are fine after the patch. Both useful and not OP. The patch was not supposed to kill warriors, it was supposed to tune them down. (please)
2. Yes, they need buffs, I have faith in anet on that one, but possibly only after the new skills are in the game.
3. Thieves have awesome builds right now. I’ve been running Faeleth’s S/P build all day and it’s been incredible.

Jesus dude, in every thread I jump in these days, I see you complaining about the same stuff over and over again. You need a hug. :<

I’m gonna follow your example in whinning though, in a different manner, and ask the devs if they can give us some information about how’s the testing going on the new game modes. I can’t wait for Arenas and King of the Hill!

Mmm…

1. Warriors still continue to be the dominant class in sPvP- they heal for at least 50 HPS more than every other class in the game, have some of the highest skill coefficients, have good condi removal/dampening, have heavy armor, and have the highest base health in the game. If nothing else, the warrior at least needs a small tune-down on health regeneration, which is why I’ve been suggesting decreasing HS by 20, at least as a start, to see what the effects are (evolution over revolution).

3. I don’t know what kind of people you’ve been playing, but S/P is just a gimmick build that relies on people constantly standing right in its Pistol Whip, which tends to be very easily counterable with just a little bit of range. Furthermore, Retaliation melts the build. Also, since the IR nerf, our main source of condi removal for sword builds has been severely weakened, and our mobility has been severely hampered. S/D builds have gone from having three usable skills to just two, and S/P is still as much of a gimmick build as it always has been, except that it’s even weaker now due to the weakness of IR.

Just lol. You can Steal/Shadowstep/do anything right as the pistol stun animation starts. That way, you always hit your stun on the enemy, plus steal, plus strikes. I don’t know what kind of thief you are, but you need to work on your skill timing.

Also, you can outplay warriors, since you have way more dodges than them. Retaliation is also a matter of awareness from the thief’s side.

Warrior is also a heavy armored class, which spells sustain. If they can’t sustain, they can do nothing. So no, I like that when I see a warrior, I immediatly have in my mind “oh, this guy is not gonna go down easily”. That’s how things should be. Maybe CC needs more nerfing, maybe damage needs more nerfing – but the sustain has to stay.

in PvP

Posted by: evilapprentice.6379

evilapprentice.6379

Just lol. You can Steal/Shadowstep/do anything right as the pistol stun animation starts. That way, you always hit your stun on the enemy, plus steal, plus strikes. I don’t know what kind of thief you are, but you need to work on your skill timing.

Also, you can outplay warriors, since you have way more dodges than them. Retaliation is also a matter of awareness from the thief’s side.

Warrior is also a heavy armored class, which spells sustain. If they can’t sustain, they can do nothing. So no, I like that when I see a warrior, I immediatly have in my mind “oh, this guy is not gonna go down easily”. That’s how things should be. Maybe CC needs more nerfing, maybe damage needs more nerfing – but the sustain has to stay.

Honest question, because I am unaware. Do other classes have to deal with this level of misunderstanding, this much lack of knowledge and experience from other players who comment on their class?

Many, many players who have little idea of the reality of playing thief in competitive pvp seem perfectly comfortable insisting on how strong/viable things are, while the things they say make it abundantly clear how little real experience they have with the class. It doesn’t matter if it works in hot join, or if you have fun with it, all that really matters when we talk about pvp viability is tpvp viability, and in that realm thief is currently in serious trouble.

If you’re a thief and haven’t
pre-ordered HOT at this point,
save yourself the money and don’t bother.

in PvP

Posted by: Verdelet Arconia.6987

Verdelet Arconia.6987

1)Retroactive rank point rewards for TPVP players
2) Exchange redundant items* into meaningful rewards.
3) Fix AFK goldfarm/ 4 v 5 in TPVP
4) NPC in the mist that says “ALL IS VAIN”
5) Special Finisher that has a leaderboard being shattered by a female character,then as she walks away fading into the mist, the audio “ALL IS VAIN” can be heard.
6) Double confirming we need 5)

Thanks PVP team!

*PVP mystic forge materials, arcane slivers,animal tokens,equipment tokens,glory boosters, animal finisher consumables,etc

(edited by Verdelet Arconia.6987)

in PvP

Posted by: Django.5923

Django.5923

How do you make ele viable again?

(plz don’t argument with your last patch. It didn’t help the ele. If you want to increase build diversity don’t move traits which are needed in higher tiers – same goes for engi -)

can you give any information about new gamemodes and new traits?

in PvP

Posted by: Morinmeth.9823

Morinmeth.9823

Honest question, because I am unaware. Do other classes have to deal with this level of misunderstanding, this much lack of knowledge and experience from other players who comment on their class?

Many, many players who have little idea of the reality of playing thief in competitive pvp seem perfectly comfortable insisting on how strong/viable things are, while the things they say make it abundantly clear how little real experience they have with the class. It doesn’t matter if it works in hot join, or if you have fun with it, all that really matters when we talk about pvp viability is tpvp viability, and in that realm thief is currently in serious trouble.

Just no.

I’m playing 7 out of the 8 classes of the game in PvP – the one I don’t play is ranger because I don’t like their current state. Been playing the game for about a year now and I have 2,8k hours in total. I’m not talking from a clueless person’s perspective, neither do I claim to be the best, I simply speak of facts the way they are.

You’re roaming in the forums crying about several stuff in pvp – in some you are right, in some you are wrong. The sword nerfs where too much maybe, but things are not as grim as you describe them. Thieves are perfectly viable if you don’t go the Heartseeker path. And the fact that you’re talking about tPvP viability when you didn’t even know that you can combo your animations makes me doubt a lot of the reasons you’re complaining.

The only reason I’m replying to you is because this is a thread to post some polite questions, not complain about stuff like that. Let’s keep this a positive and civilized thread, shall we?

in PvP

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

Can we get sky hammer buffed so that the cannon one shot kills and gives allies stealth stability and prenerf warrior hammers?

Also make it the only map in tpvp pls.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in PvP

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

Kinda weird naming your podcast after a broken feature.
An issue you guys have brushed off for the past year while working on a matchmaking algorithm that literally can’t work, well until kitten like ‘readying up’ is fixed.

But whatevs.

(edited by garethh.3518)

in PvP

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

1. What are A-nets thoughts on tanky DPS rendering burst/glass almost useless? Out side of specific plays there’s almost no reason to be glass, and thoes plays are still achievable just as easy with tanky DPS.

2. How does A-net feel about hard counters? Is it the goal or are they looking more for soft counters?

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

in PvP

Posted by: Sickness.9831

Sickness.9831

how will you make ele viable again?

and btw, what do you guys think about making rtl a utility skill 20 sec cd….would solve the disengage problem and you could play different weapon sets than x/D

Shaku – Elementalist – Made in Meta [MiM]
http://www.twitch.tv/shakuzan

(edited by Sickness.9831)

in PvP

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

Please remove AIs. Don’t don’t just say “we know it’s an issue” then add more lol; it’s really confusing.

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

in PvP

Posted by: Boomstin.3460

Boomstin.3460

how will you make ele viable again?

By buffing necro,mesmer and warrior.

All is vain.

in PvP

Posted by: Marcos.3690

Marcos.3690

Q: Do you consider reverting some of the huge nerfs the ele class received to make it playable again?

Suggestions: cleansing water & elemental attunement to adept tier, ride the lightning to 20 secs CD 1200 range. Giving 1 or 2k more base hp to the class.

(edited by Marcos.3690)

in PvP

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

• Can you give us a rough time span, who long it will take to get the new ladder system in place?
  • Can you give us more details on the upcoming ladder change, and the pve / pvp gear merging? I know, that there are a lot of thing, that can change easily, but we would love get involved in the discussion!
  • Once you have the new ladder system im place, what plans do you have to inform the players who already left / advertice the changes to get players back / recruit new players? F.e. have you thought about a recruit a friend system?
EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend

in PvP

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

Josh,

What kind of questions are you looking for? High level? Low level? General? Specific?

I’ll toss several questions down covering all categories:

New Heal Feedback

• How has the new heal feedback been?
  • Are there any updates coming to the new heals?
  • Having tried the new Mesmer heal, I found the illusion requirement to be a nice way to add an active component to the passive heal. However, I found Signet of the Ether very lacking when compared to Healing Signet. Having it tick every second would be better.

Warriors:

• Are warriors in a good place? There is a lot of strife on the forums regarding healing signet, condi immunity and longbow AoE fire fields. Are you keeping an eye on this? Personally I think the 100% passive healing results in no real counterplay. Right now I see warriors are so strong they are keeping other professions out of the meta. Mid-bunker, side bunker, roamer – it seems warriors are dominating these roles.

Matchmaking

• How are the matchmaking updates progressing?
  • Do you have an idea on how to combat “ELO hell”?
  • To use the baseball analogy, will there be something like a ‘farm league’ for pvp players? (tiered access)

Miscellaneous
These two bugs keep certain builds (and playstyles) from being viable. Can these get fixed?
Mesmer:

• Phantasmal Warden was broken as of the last patch (does not move/act oftentimes)
    Necromancer:
  • Necromancer Grandmaster, Necromatic Corruption (Death Magic XII) does not work
  • And, as always, necro pets despawn with Moa

Most Importantly: Development Process

• Has ANet made any changes to their development process to allow for PvP balance changes to be turned around more quickly? The absolute least fun thing about this game is how one profession tends to remain broken for 4+ months at a time, which is just not acceptable. I made this point long ago: if a person can undergo open heart surgery and fully recover from it in less time than it takes ArenaNet to push out a couple of small balance changes, then there’s something wrong with the development process.

(edited by Thedenofsin.7340)

in PvP

Posted by: Aereniel.7356

Aereniel.7356

I only have a humble request, a small wish to brighten my day. I hope Santa Anet brings us templates to store our builds, weapons and runes/sigils. Three template slots is all I need – one for my regular build, one for an alternate build for specific team comps, and one for a troll build when W T F Skyham happens.

After suffering through umpteen months of healing signet and petting zoo misery, surely a small QoL improvement shouldn’t be too much to ask.

Yes, I’m playing the Christmas guilt card right there.

Been here since launch
Legend S1-S3 with 100% solo queue 100% conquest
Filthy casual, 6k sPvP games

in PvP

Posted by: Kirmora.4976

Kirmora.4976

I only have 1 question:

When will you Retroactively rewarding for previous sPvP matches, after the new reward system is in place?

Thanks for your response

“Success is a mind Game "

Killswiittch -Thief

in PvP

Posted by: Ulalume.9584

Ulalume.9584

• What are your plans for magic find in pvp?
  • Can we get two quality of life improvements pretty please?
    – remove skyhammer from solo queue
    – add build templates

Thanks for communicating so much with the pvp community, devs!

in PvP

Posted by: tronjeremy.5820

tronjeremy.5820

How do you plan to make pvp more approachable to a solo player?

Do you have plans to balance out soloq further? ie. Less of a slot machine likelyhood for a win/loss

Best Teef NA – http://twitch.tv/tronjeremy_
S/D Condi Build Video – http://goo.gl/bYGs9n
Stronkhold Beta Gameplay – http://goo.gl/IMb8qb

in PvP

Posted by: Libertine Lush.1320

Libertine Lush.1320

1) If not now, can you tell us roughly when the new PVP modes will be out? Something as unspecific as the first or latter half of next year would be great.
2) How healthy is the size of the population of the PVP community? We don’t expect you to divulge any numbers, but if it is a good state, it would be worthwhile for you to make it known, as the perception anyone gets from this subforum is that it is a dying scene.

Thanks.

in PvP

Romek.4201

Is justin a nerd? Like this darkrooom kids eating pizza all day hacking everthing? Or a normal guy?^^

in PvP

Posted by: Erebos.6741

Erebos.6741

1. Do you think it’s fair or good game conduct to degrade player skill/adeptness as a factor in the determination of combat? (y/n)
  2. How do you think down state influences player skill/effectiveness?
    – From the downed perspective?
    – Stacked odds (e.g. 4v5)?
Down-state aims to counterbalance my mistakes; punishing those that outplayed me,
and snares my capability, in fairness of vantage…

Discuss: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/PvP-Down-state-Evaluation/first

(edited by Erebos.6741)

in PvP

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

“Do anything”- basically, the only other thing we can do is use Infi Signet.

So what you’re telling me is that we either 1. Have to burn our class mechanic at what could be an inopportune time, 2. Have to burn a stun break and condi removal on a 50 second timer that we need to have on our utility bar anyways and then hope that it lands you where you need to go, or 3. Have to burn a signet (another utility being used up) that results in a lower initiative regeneration, and then still hope that my opponent just stands there after the short stun finishes?

All three of these are terrible ideas (for common usage, anyways, which seems to be what you think they should be used for).

Sure, you can beat warriors, but we don’t have that many dodges (never had), our skills have significant aftercasts that give you a large chance to hit us, and our vigor was severely nerfed last patch. On the other hand, warrs have… Well, a lot, of course.

Sure, we need to be aware of retal, but that doesn’t make things any better- either we can hit a player and they’ll put up retal (i.e. with “Stand Your Ground!”) or we just have to wait for them to burn their retal, and then hit the opponent before he/she puts it back up again.

And why does the sustain “have to stay”? I don’t think it should, and many other players don’t think it should, but for some reason, you think that warrs should still have the same Healing Signet on top of their heavy armor and highest health in the game. Care to elaborate?

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in PvP

Posted by: Swagg.9236

Swagg.9236

Questions:
Which weapon sets/play-styles of which professions do you see as a solid base-line for balanced, fair pvp combat?

Why have necromancers been allowed to have so many ranged (even AoE ranged) skills that use no projectiles yet have no post-cast delay periods? Is there any plan to address this?

Thief sword, [Shadow Shot], [Cluster Bomb] and [Pistol Whip]? Any plans to nerf these skills? And I don’t mean the usual ANet “arrow button up; arrow button down” nerf, I mean there need to be concrete functionality adjustments to how a lot of thief skills work so as to preserve their original functions without completely compromising them as viable skills. If you want ideas, I can give you some.

Statement:
Staff ele and d/d ele (no arcane skills allowed), warrior (excluding longbow) should serve as a base-line for balanced pvp combat in GW2. This is to say that these play-styles (among others, these are just the few that I’ve named) are effective in combat; yet they deliver enough unique or obvious cues to relay a player’s activities to an opponent with enough time for that opponent to provide counter-play if that opponent can pull it off with raw reflexes or is anticipating an attack.

in PvP

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Why do you force players to continue enduring Skyhammer, a gimmicky, frustrating and unbalanced map in SoloQ, when you have banned it from TeamQ?

in PvP

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

Here is a list

1). Why so much love for AI and passive builds?

2). Why hasn’t warrior Healing Signet been touched yet? Why was it buffed that much in the first place?

3). Settler’s Amulets wth where you thinking?

4). The nerf on AoE damage did you all forget about it?

5). On the topic of AoE why all the set it and forget it AoE that cannot be negated ie wells, bombs, Combustive Shot, etc?

6). You added in the “shinnies” but what are you planning to keep the Spvp player base engaged?

&). Why is there Skyhammer?

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

in PvP

Posted by: Wolf.4739

Wolf.4739

I’d be happy with even one less pet on ranger, mesmer and necro. Too much AI spam.

in PvP

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

Question: Why do you guys hate thieves so much?!

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

QUESTION: I do not personally believe that the new healing skills have given us many new possibilities in PvP, they’ve just enhanced old ones. With that said, are there any things in development that would really put a shock in the system of build variety?

2: Have you considered more skills and traits that put more focus on combo fields/finishers? Similar to what has been done with Arcane Brilliance?

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

(edited by Dirame.8521)

in PvP

Posted by: Insanity.5174

Insanity.5174

when ele will be viable in pvp?
when warriors will be balanced?(i’m not saying nerfed)
when do you decide to nerf ai damage?
when new modes?
when skyhammer will be removed from soloq?

in PvP

Posted by: MarzAttakz.9608

MarzAttakz.9608

Q: Will you ever do a historical review on all the “adjustments” you’ve made to Elementalists since beta?

YOU KNOW THERE AIN’T NO REST FOR THE WICKED, TILL WE CLOSE OUR EYES FOR GOOD.

Once proud member of Extraordinary Gentlemen [EXG]{DESO4LIFE}

in PvP

Posted by: livlaender.8790

livlaender.8790

i would like to ask about the changes to runes und sigills, especially about runes of lyssa:

-when will be the changes implemented, that were announced about runes/sigills

-what do you think about runes of lyssa? im asking this, becouse i dont see any other runes with a nearly similar effect, that would be so strong and could be abused by some (3) classes, becouse of the low icd…..and in my opinion you woudnt need worry about balancing some things, if runes of lyssa werent so powerful and match-winning (maybe an icd of 120 sec, or change the 6. rune effect to convert all conditions, that are applied on the player into boons by use of eliteskill with an icd of 120 sec)

die Gedanken sind frei

in PvP

Posted by: evilapprentice.6379

evilapprentice.6379

Just no.

I’m playing 7 out of the 8 classes of the game in PvP – the one I don’t play is ranger because I don’t like their current state. Been playing the game for about a year now and I have 2,8k hours in total. I’m not talking from a clueless person’s perspective, neither do I claim to be the best, I simply speak of facts the way they are.

The only advice I can offer is to spend more time with thief before you comment on it with such confidence.

You’re roaming in the forums crying about several stuff in pvp – in some you are right, in some you are wrong. The sword nerfs where too much maybe, but things are not as grim as you describe them. Thieves are perfectly viable if you don’t go the Heartseeker path. And the fact that you’re talking about tPvP viability when you didn’t even know that you can combo your animations makes me doubt a lot of the reasons you’re complaining.

My only posts in recent memory include Sword mh changes and acrobatics/vigor changes- mainly stuff about thief, the only class I feel experienced enough to make detailed arguments about. My opinions for the most part indepentently mirror those of top/experienced players, which leads me to believe they cant be too far off base. Please feel free to link any other recent posts, and qualify as to why they are “crying”. Furthermore, for someone so familiar with my post history, it seems odd you would mention HS at all – anyone who’s read my posts well enough to qualify them would know ive been exclusively sword MH since march. I’ve certainly explicitly mentioned it enough times.

The only reason I’m replying to you is because this is a thread to post some polite questions, not complain about stuff like that. Let’s keep this a positive and civilized thread, shall we?

I didn’t mean any disrespect – I wasn’t tryingto call you stupid, or any other derogatory term. My opinion that you lack the experience to accurately gauge thief is however unchanged. As you can see by Arg’s post in response to yours, he was referring to the ability of players to simply walk/Dodge out of the end of a pistol whip(due to the difference between stun duration/swing time that’s been present in the skill since launch) in his post – that was clear to me because I am familiar with the class. The fact that you referenced comboing PW with instant gap closers like steal/is/ss as if it were information that wasn’t over a year old (and as if those methods somehow prevented players from walking/dodging away from the last few swings of the skill) is what leads me to believe you don’t have the experience required to accurately comment on the class.

If you’re a thief and haven’t
pre-ordered HOT at this point,
save yourself the money and don’t bother.

(edited by evilapprentice.6379)

in PvP

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

What’s the dev team’s vision of the ways the elementalist should play in PvP?

How is the dev team trying to make those kinds of builds viable on the elementalist?

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

in PvP

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

How do you pln to bring eles up to par?

Would you consider making serious changes to traits, not moving important ones to higher tiers and making a trait that only works vs rabid necros 1v1?

Given the ele’s lack of defense, how do you plan to give a class with lowest hp, lowest armor, medium damage (excluding arcanes, you can nerf those to hell if needed if thats what it takes to bring eles up to par, and coming from a guy that runs 2 arcanes out of necessity) and no way of survival out of 75-90 seconds selfish shortlived boons tied to arcane/water traits some form of defense that doesnt involve respawning?

Are you really ok with the current state of backstab?

What are your thoughts on the 0 representation of eles as of lately in any medium to high ranking teams and players and the justified outcries of the ele community which seem to be igored for the most part?

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ