Ready Up: Ep 2 - Friday at 12PM PST

in PvP

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

How do you feel about the new healing skills? Are you happy with the implementation, and feel they are balanced? If not, can you make public any plans to change them that you have?

What are your current plans towards adding new content via weapons/skills? Will it be any time soon?

And what’s the plan on Necromancer’s traits? The majority of the community still feels that Blood and Death magic trees are essentially useless to non-MMs, Dhuumfire is still very badly balanced, and Curses has a number of issues. Soul Reaping really is the only tree that feels satisfying. And I’m sure this isn’t an issue with just Necros. When do you expect the next big trait go-through?

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in PvP

Posted by: Relentless.7023

Relentless.7023

lol the backstab guy has graced us with his presence. watch out there’s a teef behind you

in PvP

Posted by: Mindx.9610

Mindx.9610

Necro Life blast piercing in wvw is really wonky and requires absolute perfect targeting…..with 50+ characters on screen tab target is only so efficient and attempting to click a target for efficient life blast is challenging….any chance on just letting life blast release on a path in front of the necro with out requiring a target? Also necros are still very strong please dont give into the amount of crying and misunderstandings of the necro class on the necro forums.

[Apex] – Zero Entity 80 Necromancer
Blackgate Apexprime.enjin.com

in PvP

Posted by: Tranassa.4968

Tranassa.4968

Can you tell us something about your plans for 2014?

I would like to see something funny as the fake phone call Maybe someone talking in te background about deleting a useless light armor profession noone playes :P

And then talk about all the topics you keep ignoring on the forums! U know… this skyhammer stuff and the “Useless pvp crafting materials”, eles, balance, conditions, …

I’m playing on EU
Automated Tournaments!

in PvP

Posted by: Quincy.2198

Quincy.2198

Can u tell us about the finishers please, howlong we have until we can’t achieve ranks on the current way?

Ninov Is Strng
Ninov Ftw

in PvP

Posted by: Morinmeth.9823

Morinmeth.9823

“Do anything”- basically, the only other thing we can do is use Infi Signet.

So what you’re telling me is that we either 1. Have to burn our class mechanic at what could be an inopportune time, 2. Have to burn a stun break and condi removal on a 50 second timer that we need to have on our utility bar anyways and then hope that it lands you where you need to go, or 3. Have to burn a signet (another utility being used up) that results in a lower initiative regeneration, and then still hope that my opponent just stands there after the short stun finishes?

All three of these are terrible ideas (for common usage, anyways, which seems to be what you think they should be used for).

Sure, you can beat warriors, but we don’t have that many dodges (never had), our skills have significant aftercasts that give you a large chance to hit us, and our vigor was severely nerfed last patch. On the other hand, warrs have… Well, a lot, of course.

Sure, we need to be aware of retal, but that doesn’t make things any better- either we can hit a player and they’ll put up retal (i.e. with “Stand Your Ground!”) or we just have to wait for them to burn their retal, and then hit the opponent before he/she puts it back up again.

And why does the sustain “have to stay”? I don’t think it should, and many other players don’t think it should, but for some reason, you think that warrs should still have the same Healing Signet on top of their heavy armor and highest health in the game. Care to elaborate?

You sound annoyed.

You didn’t know what I was talking about – yet you still talk about refusing to actually use your skills to beat the opponent. You find a terrible idea this, picturing yourself casting skills on inopportune times and stuff. I seriously think you’re just another heartseeker spammer that uses the most linear and beginner-friendly build in the game and whines about being outplayed. The fact that you imagined casting the skill combo in wrong ways means you don’t have the imagination/skill to actually read the battle and cast it correctly, so just out of this, not me and not anyone should take your complains seriously.

Also, the fact that you’re complaining about warriors having more dodges than thieves makes me giggle. As of retaliation, yeah, you can sustain it pretty kitten well.

I’m fully aware that the forum people, as well as new players to pvp and heartseeker spammers want warriors to die again and go back to what they were one year ago. I’m also fully aware that if that happens, the same people are going to find another reason to complain and that’s happening because in games, some things are bad, some are good, some are really good. And finally, I’m also fully aware that those people never aknowledge their own mistakes, never try to get better and always complain about “how OP the other guy is”, when the mentallity you should have when playing a game is “if I die, it’s my fault”, especially when the class you’re complaining about JUST got nerfed.

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

Let me understand…time ago berserker stance had shorter duration and was supposed to reduce condition’s duration by 100% allowing “traited” ones (Let’s say +20% bleeding duration) to still hit and deal damage but it was bugged so it removed all conditions giving total condition immunity to incoming ones too….and instead of fixing the bug you decided to give it longer duration and change the description to match the bugged effect as you can read on wiki http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Berserker_Stance

On this incoming livestream can you please explain why you actually don’t fix those kind of bugs “fixing” descriptions instead? Would be nice to have a reasonable explanation why you turned a gamebreaking bug into a legit effect also increasing its duration…

in PvP

Morinmeth.9823

I didn’t mean any disrespect – I wasn’t tryingto call you stupid, or any other derogatory term. My opinion that you lack the experience to accurately gauge thief is however unchanged. As you can see by Arg’s post in response to yours, he was referring to the ability of players to simply walk/Dodge out of the end of a pistol whip(due to the difference between stun duration/swing time that’s been present in the skill since launch) in his post – that was clear to me because I am familiar with the class. The fact that you referenced comboing PW with instant gap closers like steal/is/ss as if it were information that wasn’t over a year old (and as if those methods somehow prevented players from walking/dodging away from the last few swings of the skill) is what leads me to believe you don’t have the experience required to accurately comment on the class.

That’s my brain betraying me right here, I thought you were the other guy – excuse me, I tend to stay awake for ages, my sleeping schedule is not the healthiest. I referred to pistol whip combos like that because obviously Arg had no idea it could happen, that doesn’t mean I’m the inexperienced one. Sorry for the misunderstanding, if you still have any more objections on my experience, we could do some 1v1s with any classes you want if you’re on EU. If anything, I always welcome good fights, be it a win or a loss for me.

in PvP

Posted by: Tasslehoff.5738

Tasslehoff.5738

I would like know how about daily PvP becouse from Dec 10th people asking for that and noone from Anet still no respond.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/New-SPvP-Daily-Achivements/first
or
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/A-QoL-change-to-Daily-Achievements/first

Please tell us what do you want do about it, if you wanna do something.

in PvP

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

What is the stance on downed-state and how it impacts the dynamic of PvP combat in both sPvP and WvW?

in PvP

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Do you have any plans on nerfing pet/AI builds in PvP?

Ranger spirits, Necromancer minions, and Mesmer Phantasms are the prime offenders, no one likes them, they are brain-dead and clutter the screen.

Now, nerfing AI builds in PvP would of course require compensation in other areas for the affected professions, but the main question stands; will you be nerfing pet/AI builds in PvP?

For Mesmers, it wont happen. Seeing as Clones and Phantoms are a CORE mechanic. necromancers and Rangers could be fixed though.

in PvP

Posted by: Rubik.7192

Rubik.7192

1. Is this game esport yet?
2. Will the pvp in this game ever be up to par with farmville?

Curie.
“I’m so hard right now” – Ozie, in solo queue.

in PvP

Posted by: Adian.8756

Adian.8756

It’s really sad to see, that 90% of the people posting here, is either screaming for rewards, cosmetics, gamemodes, buffs, nerfs or simply ’balance’. Gamemodes or rewards will not make the game more enjoyable - It will have the same stale combat that you’re used to. And screaming for buffs, nerfs og balance without any reasoning or suggestions behind, is literally just saying; "I want my profession to be stronger than the rest, so I can win with no effort".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyways, here’s my questions for the stream.

1) How are you going to reintroduce skill into PvP? As of right now, PvP is all about spamming, AI and passives. Little to no skill involved.

2) Are you content with PvP having a Rock/Paper/Scissor balance? Like Diamond Skin completely countering condition professions.

3) Why do you continue to reduce the cooldown on lesser used skills, instead of prolonging the cooldown on the overpowered ones? Cooldown reduction leads to power-creep and a spammy meta.

4) Will we ever see some drastic changes to skills and balance? Like; reducing the damage of all autoattacks, redesigning all passive traits, changes to how condition damage is calculated, reintroduction of charged skills, etc.

5) Any plans to change the way conditions are currently used? What I mean is that, the best way to use conditions as of now, is simply applying as many as possible at any given moment. People don’t use conditions because of the debuff, but rather as a way of preventing burn/bleed from being removed.

Please do consider answering harder questions about mechanics and balance, instead of solely catering to those who scream for superficial changes. Thanks.

Lyann Vail | 80 Mesmer
Aurora Glade [EU] | Leader of ‘The New Reality [NR]’
WvW Beast!

in PvP

ArmageddonAsh.6430

-Why doesn’t any balance team member ever visit the necro sub-forum to answer the huge dissapointment caused by more necro nerfs and the signet of bad??

-Many necro’s feel dissapointed with where the necromancer is going and only being able to rely on one build i spvp and being useless in pve in general. (exception if solo)
What are the plans on how to make necromancer the actual profession if is supposed to be? iow. artrittion/sustain and real condition damage that should be necro’s own.

-Is the necro profession at this point what you envisioned ?

-Is the necromancer a side project like ranger?

-In september a list of necro known bugs was presented and alot of communiquees where offered to discuss and better the necromancer, what has happened since then? (exclude the vampire signet of bad)

-Will there ever be anything done to all the gamebreaking bugs on the necromancer class? (or will we simply get an description change as a fix)

-Why give all other professions more acces to conditions and application then necromancer? and to top it off give them passive cleansing and healing?

-Why are other classes better at artrition then necromancer?

-Is there anyone who plays necromancer on the dev team?

-Will necromancer nerfs to DS/Terror/Dhuumfire and all other mechanics be reversed now necromancer has become (obviously to necromancer players) a niche profession with 1 viable spvp build (sortof) no viable wvw build (support/healing lol) and no viable pve build?

All these questions relate to a meta that has been dominating for months now of wich the necromance should have been a counterbalance.. but since the necromancer has become dull.. as in blade “dull” and dull as in boring to play how does the team envision necromancers future?

-Last one: why hasn’t any of our bugs been fixed? some have been around since launch. apparently all are known to the team yet nothing is being done.. what’s up with that?

I would add to this:

Will necromancers get a proper replacement for the terrible healing skill we got? No one uses it.

Are there any reasons to not bring back our ability to tank one-hit kills in Death Shroud? Why was this even removed? It wasn’t overpowered. It solved a basic flaw in the class, that we don’t have any invulnerability skills.

And to repeat, why are we so bad at attrition?

Are there any plans to solve the problems with the condition cap, and Defiant? Should we not hold our breath, or are changes due?

These!

in PvP

ArmageddonAsh.6430

The game will NEVER be an eSport. It is riddled with issues from boring game modes to VERY unbalanced classes and everyone running the same builds.

in PvP

Morinmeth.9823

The game will NEVER be an eSport. It is riddled with issues from boring game modes to VERY unbalanced classes and everyone running the same builds.

New game modes are being tested, no clue on when or if they’ll go live though. Also, no esport is balanced and that’s what makes them exciting.

in PvP

Posted by: Umut.5471

Umut.5471

Please nerf all kinds of spam builds, especially warrior cc spam build. Easy facerolling with spam builds(of every class) mustn’t exist in a good pvp game. You can add internal cooldowns for those spammed effects to prevent spamming.

in PvP

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

Will you add a reference to “All is vain” in the game. And have most of the staff members seen that post?

in PvP

Posted by: Gizmorage.6412

Gizmorage.6412

For condition necro, all the changes you made seem to be inclining to make us use dhuumfire, by nerfing our damage without allowing a way better survivability for non dhuumfire builds (that i’d like to run like i always did but feel more and more forced to ditch to play the dhuumfire build), and giving other classes better condition removal. i’d like to know what your plan to make non dhuumfire builds more viable in pvp are now, if there are any. are you planning to make condition necro dhuumfire only? are you waiting until you’ve reworked this trait to give us better survivability? right now there are so many condition immunities/ over the top cleanses that i’d like to know what you plan to make us fit your supposed vision of the class “run into a necro, kill him or die, since you won’t be able to run away and he neither”. it really seems like you’re just hating on conditions and planning to make them the worst kind of damage source in the game, i’d like to hear the opposite from you and that you have precise plans.

“Trust me, i’m a medic”

in PvP

Posted by: Gdb.3492

Gdb.3492

What about add more variety to the PvP system?

in PvP

Posted by: Pyrasia.9281

Pyrasia.9281

Should all classes with any weapon set have a place in PvP ?
Staff Ele, Sword/Axe Warr, Mace/Shield Guard, etc etc ?

in PvP

Posted by: ChaosWithin.6214

ChaosWithin.6214

Are necros ever going to be able to stomp while in death shroud, seeing as Mesmer and thieves can stealth stomp

can we get a fix for pets, id like to be able to fight the player not their endless line of pets, can we have player targeting a higher priority than pet targeting

Are we going to see knights(toughness, percision, power) amulets in spvp?

Now let them tremble

(edited by ChaosWithin.6214)

in PvP

Posted by: Vuh.1328

Vuh.1328

Talk about nerfing lyssa, perhaps buff some of the UTILITY SKILLS for thief/mesmer when it comes to condi clear instead. Lyssa is just broken, especially on warrior/thief with their stupidly short elites.

Change healing signet for warriors(i honestly thought Hambow was perfectly fine before healing signet…), give warriors a reason to use it or atleast remove the active completly if you want to keep the passive as it is…….. so people can’t press it by mistake!

Spell effect reduction?

Enforce human characters in tournaments, tho i guess that is something the community have to do,(no not team/solo queue) or atleast somehow enforce human models when spectating. For the sake of your viewers

Take your time to learn proper keybinding, it’s worth the struggle

in PvP

Posted by: Gizmorage.6412

Gizmorage.6412

Talk about nerfing lyssa, perhaps buff some of the UTILITY SKILLS for thief/mesmer when it comes to condi clear instead. Lyssa is just broken, especially on warrior/thief with their stupidly short elites.

Change healing signet for warriors(i honestly thought Hambow was perfectly fine before healing signet…), give warriors a reason to use it or atleast remove the active completly if you want to keep the passive as it is…….. so people can’t press it by mistake!

Spell effect reduction?

Enforce human characters in tournaments, tho i guess that is something the community have to do,(no not team/solo queue) or atleast somehow enforce human models when spectating. For the sake of your viewers

agreed on the lyssa part ^^

“Trust me, i’m a medic”

in PvP

Posted by: djooceboxblast.9876

djooceboxblast.9876

Spell effect reduction?

agreed on the lyssa part ^^

How can you not agree on the healing signet part? YEESUS!

in PvP

Posted by: BaconCatTheGreasy.9542

BaconCatTheGreasy.9542

Please PLEASE For the love of the Six nerf Healing Signet. It is not balanced that a warrior can tank and kill 3 other players without even needing to pop a healing skill.

in PvP

Posted by: Vuh.1328

Vuh.1328

Please PLEASE For the love of the Six nerf Healing Signet. It is not balanced that a warrior can tank and kill 3 other players without even needing to pop a healing skill.

while healing signet is op, a warrior will not tank and kill 3 players unless they are mouth breathing, keyboard turning, backpeddlers(the majority of low mmr solo queue i guess)

Take your time to learn proper keybinding, it’s worth the struggle

in PvP

Posted by: overtrack.7159

overtrack.7159

- Will you give more attrition to the necromancer ?
- Will you modify the new necro’s heal signet (which is pretty useless at the moment) ?
- Will you fill the DS bar at the begining of a sPvP match ?
- Will necro gain LF on fear ?

I really hope that you will take some time to discuss about the necro’s complaints. Please, check the necromancer’s subforum for more info.

in PvP

Posted by: dimyzuka.7051

dimyzuka.7051

Can we get a 2v2 or 3v3 game mode already
Can we get rid of Syhammer.
Can we get a ready/decline button when solo queuing.
Can we get dueling in the mists.

+1 for dueling in the mists.
+1 for 3v3 or 2v2 deathmatch

in PvP

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

-Will you visit the necro sub forum at some point in the future?

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in PvP

Posted by: ilcane.3081

ilcane.3081

• About in-match Character Change

Changing character before a tPvP match starts is a Feature that often helps prevent unbalanced matches, but the way it works now (logout -> relog) is ankward and can take a much longer time for people with slower PCs; for instance, it takes me 45 seconds on my average computer, meaning I won’t always have the chance to see every player’s Profession beforehand.

Are there plans to implement some kind of template (character selection screen?) to smooth things up?
I think the ability to see which Professions your mates can use would help pre-match strategizing a lot in Solo Queue, given the very short time available.

in PvP

Posted by: Boomstin.3460

Boomstin.3460

Any eta on fixing the broken since lauch ranger pet mechanics?
What happened to Jonathan Sharp?
Healing signet → all is vain

All is vain.

(edited by Boomstin.3460)

in PvP

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

“Do anything”- basically, the only other thing we can do is use Infi Signet.

So what you’re telling me is that we either 1. Have to burn our class mechanic at what could be an inopportune time, 2. Have to burn a stun break and condi removal on a 50 second timer that we need to have on our utility bar anyways and then hope that it lands you where you need to go, or 3. Have to burn a signet (another utility being used up) that results in a lower initiative regeneration, and then still hope that my opponent just stands there after the short stun finishes?

All three of these are terrible ideas (for common usage, anyways, which seems to be what you think they should be used for).

Sure, you can beat warriors, but we don’t have that many dodges (never had), our skills have significant aftercasts that give you a large chance to hit us, and our vigor was severely nerfed last patch. On the other hand, warrs have… Well, a lot, of course.

Sure, we need to be aware of retal, but that doesn’t make things any better- either we can hit a player and they’ll put up retal (i.e. with “Stand Your Ground!”) or we just have to wait for them to burn their retal, and then hit the opponent before he/she puts it back up again.

And why does the sustain “have to stay”? I don’t think it should, and many other players don’t think it should, but for some reason, you think that warrs should still have the same Healing Signet on top of their heavy armor and highest health in the game. Care to elaborate?

You sound annoyed.

You didn’t know what I was talking about – yet you still talk about refusing to actually use your skills to beat the opponent. You find a terrible idea this, picturing yourself casting skills on inopportune times and stuff. I seriously think you’re just another heartseeker spammer that uses the most linear and beginner-friendly build in the game and whines about being outplayed. The fact that you imagined casting the skill combo in wrong ways means you don’t have the imagination/skill to actually read the battle and cast it correctly, so just out of this, not me and not anyone should take your complains seriously.

Also, the fact that you’re complaining about warriors having more dodges than thieves makes me giggle. As of retaliation, yeah, you can sustain it pretty kitten well.

I’m fully aware that the forum people, as well as new players to pvp and heartseeker spammers want warriors to die again and go back to what they were one year ago. I’m also fully aware that if that happens, the same people are going to find another reason to complain and that’s happening because in games, some things are bad, some are good, some are really good. And finally, I’m also fully aware that those people never aknowledge their own mistakes, never try to get better and always complain about “how OP the other guy is”, when the mentallity you should have when playing a game is “if I die, it’s my fault”, especially when the class you’re complaining about JUST got nerfed.

I don’t feel a need to continue this argument if you’re going to call me some sort of HS-spamming noob.

At least put a minute or two into doing some actual research (going to the thief forums, maybe?) before you just go around throwing insults casually.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in PvP

Posted by: Impact.2780

Impact.2780

Since the last patch aimed to reduce some of the necro’s conditions, does this mean ANet is looking to grant necros some improved direct damage in future?

I’d like to see a damage buff for thieves. The only reason thieves are seen with high burst is because the only way they can be viable is by going mostly offense, and relying on stealth to escape while they heal – a wear them down style of play. The damage thieves deal is actually lower than a warrior, elementalist, condition engis, sometimes even mesmers, and recently heartseeker which everyone complains about because it can be spammed was compared strength-wise to death shroud auto attack.
For example, my warrior doesn’t need to go berserker to be effective, because it can trait for significant bonuses. All I need to do is hit Mace F1, 3 sec stun, cure 3 conditions, switch to GS and use 100b with 27% base crit chance + fury + 50% crit chance to disabled foes… close to 100% crit chance with the arguably strongest attack in the game, while allowing me to still get high armour and passive heals. And of course it cleaves.

Which brings me to my next point: the state of warriors.

Elementalist: Used to be able to maintain permanent boons for themselves and allies. Nerfed. Warriors can maintain permanent regeneration, might, fury within an AoE.

Thieves: Acrobatic/agile class. Can’t maintain permanent swiftness. Warrior has signet of rage and 30s swiftness on crit (100% chance to trigger). Combine the two and you have permanent swiftness in and out of combat.

Necromancers: Condition class. Doesn’t have access to confusion or reliably burning. Warrior has access to: confusion, burning, bleeding, blind, torment, immobilise, fear, vulnerability, weakness; high enough damage for permanent stuns to not need to worry about nerfing opponent’s heal via poison.

Necromancers: Any direct damage they have is low, and single target. Death shroud auto attack is strong but limited, can be traited to pierce. Warriors on top of having access to more conditions than this condition class, have very high direct damage and almost all of those skills hit up to 3 targets.

Elementalist: Nerfed for mobility due to being able to escape/engage at 1.2k range with RTL. Warriors have greater mobility with GS 5, GS 3, Sword 2. Swiftness (which they have perm) increases the speed and distance of those skills. Chain them together and the only class that has a HOPE of keeping up is thief using steal and shadow shot a few times.

Thief: Mug was nerfed to not crit. Warrior 5 point minor trait damage on dodge is AoE and can crit well over 2k.

Elementalist: Similar to above, evasive arcana damaging dodges do nothing compared to the warrior dodge damage.

Guardian: The tanky healing support class. Elementalist was nerfed to make Guardian superior many months ago. Warrior has 8k higher base health. Warrior has a 25 second stun breaker which can be traited to cool down faster, heal, and grant adrenaline (and cure conditions with runes but those are I suspect rarely used). Warrior has weapons that stun with almost every skill. On top of that, Warrior has superior healing to the Guardian which are passive. Warrior, like Guardian can go invulnerable with Endure Pain twice, once via skill once via trait, and can trait for lower CD. Elementalist and Engineer’s invulnerable skills prevent them from using skills. Warrior’s doesn’t, and can still node cap.

Elementalist: Condition removal nerfed and requires 30 arcane for 1 per 10s, 20 water for 1 per 10s, or 20 water and 30 arcane for 2 per 10s, or 30 in both for 3 per 10s. Warrior requires 20 points in a line that gives toughness, healing power, and a passive heal, for a single trait which cures 3 conditions every 10 seconds when using a skill that deals damage/applies conditions/disables depending on the weapon wielded.

Thief: Assassin class with low damaging attacks by comparison to warrior. The only reason you see thieves hitting higher than warrior more often in PvP is because if thieves were to trait defensive like many warriors can, they’d be completely useless to their team. In fact, a lot of the reason thief can still kill some defensive builds is due to the poison on dagger auto attack – not high damage. In PVE the only reason to take a thief is for shadow refuge. Often, it’s “swap to thief to stealth us” done “now go back to warrior or we’ll replace you with another warrior”.

Elementalist: The jack of all trades. After reading the above, who is the jack of all trades really?

EU | Ímpáct / Impact Warlock / Impact Illusions
http://www.twitch.tv/impact2780

in PvP

Posted by: Impact.2780

Impact.2780

On top of all that, warrior has banners, the highest armour, the highest base health, the highest damaging attacks. The highest build diversity since they have everything, and such easy and friendly laid out traits that it requires no thought, and you can get defense/heals with high sustained damage or burst and also support the group with banners and fury/might.

It’s ok to be better at some things, but only if it’s worse at other things. With each nerf, the similarity in the warrior is left alone. I’ve not played since the start, so I can’t say for sure but it looks like warrior’s weren’t unbalanced, they’ve just become that way after significant bias when the nerf bat comes around. Usually I’m against nerfing and say buff the other classes instead, but in this case warrior really needs a nerf that stops them from getting so much so easily, and in one build. And nerf the passive heals of course.

P.S. Of my elementalist, thief, necromancer, mesmer and warrior, I play the thief, warrior and elementalist the most. I don’t mean to exclude any classes in the comparison, but I don’t know enough about all the classes to include them.

EU | Ímpáct / Impact Warlock / Impact Illusions
http://www.twitch.tv/impact2780

in PvP

Posted by: Covis.6037

Covis.6037

question : Why is skyhammer still in solo queue? Atleast on its current state.

(edited by Covis.6037)

in PvP

Posted by: swinsk.6410

swinsk.6410

Why does thief still have 4s revealed in spvp?

Just another noob thief…

in PvP

Posted by: Dardamaniac.1295

Dardamaniac.1295

Any eta on fixing the broken since lauch ranger pet mechanics?
What happened to Jonathan Sharp?
Healing signet -> all is vain

This^^
You improved em a little but they still need work..Its a shame to see them in such a condition after 1 year.
I thought that GW2 was a high quality MMO, these kind of designs are more like a free to play lame MMO…
About JSharp i was wondering to..Hey brother where are you?

in PvP

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Some good points have been made about how one of the professions with the lowest skill ceiling is better in almost everything than one of the professions with the highest skill ceiling.

To be honest, I don’t think simple balancing changes should be the higher priority changes to be made on professions right now, because each balancing patch has not been contributing much to fix the real problems with professions and cheese builds. I think we need a skill-ceiling adjustment patch instead.

When d/d and s/d elementalists were top tier builds, was the meta really unhealthy back then? It wasn’t perfect, certainly, but it was enjoyable because builds like those required a high level of playing to be mastered. We’ve been getting nerfs to skills like RTL or Mist Form, changes that have stripped out some of the fun behind using them, for what? Fun was sacrificed for an ideal balanced meta that has never been acchieved. The player’s enjoyment was tarnished, yet the meta did not get any better.

What’s the point of buffing or nerfing cheese builds? That won’t fix them. Buffs and nerfs are important to keep builds as close as possible in power level, but it won’t make them any harder to play, or at least, not much. In a best case scenario, they’ll become underpowered enough to not be worthwhile, but does the playerbase and Anet really, really want to remove build diversity out of this game? No, I don’t think so.

We’ve come to a situation where I feel that the “normal balancing cycle” won’t help the meta at all. It’ll either destroy builds completely, or permit cheese builds to co-exist alongside much more demanding builds. The former is bad to the game, because it removes build diversity. The later is bad to the game, because it’ll maintain the cheese and the feeling of unfairly losing to players due to builds and not due to skill.

I think what Anet really should work towards for the next patch, is a skill-ceiling adjustment patch, where the meta builds are redesigned to be harder to master. Those builds don’t even need to be nerfed directly. By simply being harder to master, the margin for error will be much less forgiving, and any player will get indirectly nerfed by it, because no one is a flawless machine. And, maybe, who knows, skills like Mist Form and Ride the Lightning can be back to their past, more enjoyable versionsm, while also puting elementalists back to track.

I don’t think this would lead to any powercreep. It wouldn’t require a massive nerfing neither. It would simply be an adjustment on the skill level required for many of the current meta builds. If those builds remained too strong after an ideal skill ceiling was acchieved, then yes, the nerfs should come.

• What does ANET think of a skill-ceiling adjustment patch instead of a normal balancing patch

(edited by DiogoSilva.7089)

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

If the topic of warrior balance comes up, would it be possible to mention this suggestion..

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Phaatonn-the-100db-hero-GS-F1-suggestion

For some positive warrior discussions too?

Phaatonn, London UK

in PvP

Posted by: ilcane.3081

ilcane.3081

Will we ever be able to display enemy cast bars?
Animations can be tricky to read.

What about enemy Endurance bars?

in PvP

Posted by: Marcos.3690

Marcos.3690

How do you pln to bring eles up to par?

Would you consider making serious changes to traits, not moving important ones to higher tiers and making a trait that only works vs rabid necros 1v1?

Given the ele’s lack of defense, how do you plan to give a class with lowest hp, lowest armor, medium damage (excluding arcanes, you can nerf those to hell if needed if thats what it takes to bring eles up to par, and coming from a guy that runs 2 arcanes out of necessity) and no way of survival out of 75-90 seconds selfish shortlived boons tied to arcane/water traits some form of defense that doesnt involve respawning?

Are you really ok with the current state of backstab?

What are your thoughts on the 0 representation of eles as of lately in any medium to high ranking teams and players and the justified outcries of the ele community which seem to be igored for the most part?

Don’t ask for more buffs, every time they try “to buff” the ele is in a worse state..
Just look at all the nerfs they made to justify the crappy diamond skin

in PvP

Posted by: Viprek.6730

Viprek.6730

What is your current standing on removing elemental attunement trait from arcane and making it a base class mechanic? Would that change really make it an overpowered class? Just like reducing the base attunement CDs would have previously been considered an overpowered change? With such low base HP, protection should be A LOT more accessible to this class. If you truly want elementalists to have other options, reducing cooldowns (done in dec. 10 patch) AND this, is the best way.

-Seikir

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

I always find it amusing that eles complain about their class being so weak. It is not. Eles are one of the most difficult classes to fight against when someone good is playing them. The problem is that a lot of classes are “easier” in comparison. In other words, eles are not weak, they are just harder to play.

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Question: When will skyhammer be removed from solo queue?

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

They need to do away with the “low” hp tier all together, and just shave off a tad bit of the sustain for Guardians. Thieves and Elementalists could use the hp boost. The game has become too bursty/rushy for people to survive these days. Hell I main a necromancer and even with my large hp pool it just doesn’t feel like enough.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Posted by: Dusk.4708

Dusk.4708

Why doesn’t endure pain prevent point capture? “protect me” shout on ranger does. Invuln on guardian does. Stealth does. Stupid.

…..your still susceptible to conditions that’s why,

“protect me!” makes your pet a meat shield basically,
“renewed focus” makes you invulnerable for 4 seconds (correct me if I am wrong with the duration)
Stealth well.. obviously, YOU CAN’T SEE EM! so it wouldn’t be right to let it slide,

SBI [Hero] Zero the Mechanist

in PvP

Posted by: Kugron.5128

Kugron.5128

Any plans to change the warrior greatsword f1? It’s pretty useless in its current form.

in PvP

Posted by: Mystylaise.4673

Mystylaise.4673

Q : Where is Chaplan ?

in PvP

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

J. Sharp was online on the patch day. I assume he is simply busy with the new maps/ game modes, while Anet is taking the opportunity to give more spotlight to other members of the pvp team.