Ready Up w/ Apex Prime - 5/16 @ 12pm PDT

in PvP

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Josh Davis.6015

Hey guys,

This week I’ll be be joined by members of Apex Prime, winners of the NA Tournament of Legends. We’ll be replaying a few games from the finals and discussing the following topics:

• ApeX’s comp and how to counter it
  • Tips for players/teams new to PvP
  • Hman’s love for tacos

When & Where:
Friday, May 16th, at 12pm PDT
Guild Wars 2 official Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2

in PvP

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

Can we get insight to what changes you are making as a team to completely neuter this meta you guys created???

I understand everyone makes mistakes and misjudges things so I can’t wait to tune in to the show

:)

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

I cannot wait to hear about these tacos….sounds delicious!

in PvP

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

Will the upcoming gem store dragon finisher be shown this Friday?
Just want to see how much more work was put on it than our current r80 finisher.

in PvP

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

I guess tacos part will be interesting at least.

Oh and I think this ready up format is way better (the one from 2 weeks ago). It’s less formal and involves the community more.

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

What is currently hmans favourite taco and why?

Side Q: opinion on strength runes?

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in PvP

Posted by: NordicNinja.5476

NordicNinja.5476

Looking forward to it! =)

DPS Event Coordinator & Tools Developer
- Bear Cav

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

I personally can’t wait for the how to counter segment. Getting my BS detector ready.

in PvP

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

Current meta: Boring to play or boring to watch or both?

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

in PvP

Posted by: CratZ.6270

CratZ.6270

The tacos revealed to be a scam. Only reason I tuned in

in PvP

T raw.4658

So uhh what’s the counter??

in PvP

Posted by: Darek.1836

Darek.1836

mesmer

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

in PvP

T raw.4658

mesmer

Are you being serious…..

in PvP

Posted by: Anomaly.7612

Anomaly.7612

Is this video still watchable somewhere? I missed the livestream of it. Nevermind, found it.

Seriously, the fact that they are all playing tiny little Asura’s should really raise some eyebrows of the devs.

(edited by Anomaly.7612)

in PvP

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

mesmer

Are you being serious…..

Mesmer,Thief glass combo is what they said they’re afraid of. Basically TCG’s comp combined with well coordinated players.

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

in PvP

T raw.4658

mesmer

Are you being serious…..

Mesmer,Thief glass combo is what they said they’re afraid of. Basically TCG’s comp combined with well coordinated players.

omg you were being serious

LOL

in PvP

Posted by: Darek.1836

Darek.1836

mesmer

Are you being serious…..

LOL

TCG would beat apex. so uh. yeah.

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

in PvP

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

mesmer

Are you being serious…..

LOL

I highly doubt they would beat that overpowered team composition. Their main advantage is that 1v1 2v2 power, where they simply can’t lose. It’s so easy for them to play on 3 points then. Also… thieves are useless against them

in PvP

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

mesmer

Are you being serious…..

LOL

I highly doubt they would beat that overpowered team composition. Their main advantage is that 1v1 2v2 power, where they simply can’t lose. It’s so easy for them to play on 3 points then. Also… thieves are useless against them

Helseth decided to channeling his inner Michael Jordan, so I guess we’ll never know until he channels the rest of his inner Michael Jordan

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

in PvP

Posted by: Inscrutable.8347

Inscrutable.8347

Apex isn’t overpowered. They admit that they’re slow and rely on skirmishes to play 3 points.

They have a 2 frontline, 1 midline, and 2 backline comp. They aren’t very fast so they rely on people trying to take on their combination of backline + frontline or 2x backline + frontline and beating their heads against the wall.

This is what they mean when they said they want people to take on the staff ele, guard, and spirit ranger. That 3 man team is not going to die and even if they did get downed, the Spirit res would get them right back up.

They will have problems, however, when the other team is able to out-rotate them and neutralize Hman. Every team has a midline or two midlines that, if dealt with, make their team a lot easier to beat.

This happened with CC vs. SYNC in the Invitational. Caed was neutralized the whole series, making their damage output considerably lower and made Zombify easier to deal with.

So I’d recommend starting off with a 2 frontline, 2 midline, and 1 backline build and prioritizing team mobility to counter them.

Ex.

F: Soldier’s Hambow Warrior
F: Settler’s A/D S/T Ranger
M: Zerker Portal HS Mesmer
M: Trickery Acro S/D Thief
B: Staff Ele / Healing Guard

Soldiers Hambow and Settler’s Ranger can handle some pretty crazy situations for a while. Intelligent Portal play and rotation with S/D and Mesmer would isolate Apex from their backline, hitting them where they’re weakest instead of hitting the brick wall with your bare hands. The Staff Ele / Healing Guard + Hambow and Ranger would be your equivalent of Apex’s teamfight group, being really hard to kill and being able to keep a node indefinitely.

in PvP

Posted by: sendmark.4731

sendmark.4731

Clearly you didn’t watch the tournament games.

in PvP

T raw.4658

mesmer

Are you being serious…..

LOL

didn’t know they’ve played eachother

in PvP

Posted by: V Man.8512

V Man.8512

Any chance there could be a link to this on the twitch channel?

Or, to the guy who asked before, found his own and never shared with the group – where did you find it?

in PvP

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

mesmer

Are you being serious…..

go watch TCG interview, they said the same thing, mr. know it all.

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

We’ll never know unfortunately because everyone’s internet in Europe sucks apparently that they can’t play on servers 10 hours away by plane without playing like they are on old baud modems latency wise Maybe the US players need to get accounts on a EU server. I live on the east coast in the US and have played before on English servers I could tell no difference.

(edited by brannigan.9831)

in PvP

Posted by: Brigg.6189

Brigg.6189

I’m an NA player but EU team queue is just plain more competitive atm, I don’t think that’s really disputed. More teams playing competitively breeds stronger teams/comps.

TCG claims they can beat Apex comp, and Apex has admitted TCG is the comp they’ve most worried about. I’d love to see the match, but I think it’s a pretty good bet on TCG.

I do think TCG (and other) players underestimate how much damage Apex can put out, and how strong of a team fight potential that gives them. Good players, good coordinated damage. In extended team fights they’ll have the advantage.

However, sizer and rom both have extremely strong 1v1 builds, and could probably take Tarcis at home if he sticks with hambow. If that’s true, it’s a big rotational advantage, and should open up opportunities for TCG to outnumber and burst Apex at other points.

As far as mesmer goes, Apex comp has a couple other problems. No one on their comp is especially good at hunting down a mesmer, you need a thief to do that efficiently. Nnight might be able to get some pressure out. And then again, portal plays, huge advantage against a low mobility comp.

in PvP

Posted by: gesho.9468

gesho.9468

any plans to address hotjoin manipulations: high performers picking same side, swapping in 4v5 autobalancing, etc…