Reapers are WAY to tanky

Reapers are WAY to tanky

in PvP

Posted by: NeoSoul.4198

NeoSoul.4198

I play every class except for Ranger and Engineer. Reaper Necro is fun… but no competitive at all. It will only work against bad players. The current Necro builds are more reliable, more tanky and stronger overall than Reaper. The only thing that Reaper has is AOE damage. Reaper has no good gap closer. A block, dodge or roll can 100% negate their mid range gap closer (greatsword 5) or Spectral Grasp (forced to sacrifice a utility only for that). They run slower than about anyone. Reaper Shroud only has 1 short range dash, that’s it. Against anyone with half a brain that knows how to kite, there’s almost nothing you can do. It’s only nice if the enemies bunch up and stay in melee range. There’s also no good condition removals without major sacrifices. Blind destroys it along with most CCs as it hits very slowly for a few big hits (with greatsword). In Reaper Shroud, just put weaken on the necro and he becomes almost useless (that’s if you can’t already just kite him).

Right now in Beta, I’ve tested every elite spec and it really seems like:

1- Mesmer OP
2- Revenant OP
3- Warrior viable
4- Thief viable
5- Guardian fun but not truly viable in competitive PvP
6- Necro fun but not truly viable in competitive PvP
7- Ele completely useless in PvP

Reaper Necro actually needs small buffs for gap closing options, not nerfs. You spend most of the fights walking towards people and taking hits to the face. It’s THE worst possible melee oriented spec in the game (Thief, Revenant and Guardian all have teleports, Warrior has great mobility, same D/D ele that isn’t even truly melee… heck even the Chronomancers have better mobility now).

It’s just annoying to see people who don’t play a class jump to asking for nerfs each time they struggle with something new.

Reapers are WAY to tanky

in PvP

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

Only Khylo and Champion’s Dusk have them all over. Skyhammer has some, but it’s not played that often. Foefire has the lord gates, but you have to be near them to abuse it.

On sky hammer point A and C both have “something” in the middle that you can gain lf from by auto attacking but it drops you into combat, also some things around point B but they are harder to hit and has to be done with locust swarm.

they keep attacking when necro have spectral armor up and things like that.

This is very underestimated. If you see a necro pop that before entering shroud, if you engage in combat they will actually come out with more lf than they had when they entered originally.

(edited by Sigmoid.7082)

Reapers are WAY to tanky

in PvP

Posted by: Eval.2371

Eval.2371

OK LISTEN! the bug is only on Khylo map if i remebre it right and its there since realese of the game , was reported multiple times and nothing happend to fix that. Atm ppl are complaining on necros becouse they have no idea how to deal with them , they face tank every single hit , they keep attacking when necro have spectral armor up and things like that. Well guys its time to lern few things about necros. Bigest problem for reaper is range , every single decent ranger or mesmer shoul be able to kill reaper , ofc if he knows what to do. Its funny becouse for the past 3 years necro was basicly free kill and now when necro actually can stand on point and do some dmg ppl cry that its broken :P

I understand what your trying to say here. I know what necro/reapers skills do. I have one. I agree with you that some people are just here to complain and not learn. I have no problem with necro being strong and sustainable. It has weaknesses which are ranged and bust.

I have a problem with necro being unfair because of a bug and being able to sustain endlessly because of said bug.

The new map has the same issues as khylo with breakables, the gates on foefire and the new map also can be abused for the bug.

[Cya] TC Roamer/Scout
I Play WvW to have fun. I don’t find it fun anymore. Therefore I don’t play.

Reapers are WAY to tanky

in PvP

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

So, a bit that’s more directed at the OP:

You have already stated that you were on a Condition Mesmer build when you were having these issues. I can say right now that you weren’t going to win that unless the Reaper was horrible, because Condition Mesmer is the ideal spec for a Reaper to fight against. Literally nothing is more attractive to them.

First, you were a condition build going against a Necromancer. Since launch this has been asking for a rough time. You were already at a major disadvantage here.

Second, Reaper was intended to thrive in target-rich environments. Mesmers are a target-rich environment. Even better, they are target-rich while only really having the DPS of one player. Condition mesmers being more reliant on clones over phantasms feel this even worse than other specs.

Reapers are not too tanky, your build just naturally will have an incredibly difficult time against one.

As to the guy mentioning Valk Thief and Ranger builds, really, I can’t say I’m surprised you lost against anyone let alone a Reaper.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Reapers are WAY to tanky

in PvP

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

Watch the live stream again, we are supposed to get better the more enemies we fight. It’s not a flaw it’s a feature.

Scaling is with teammates, not enemies. Everyone gets better with more teammates… Reapers just get more-better!

Pretty much this. Tempest is fantastic in a team because their abilities affect more people.

Reaper just gets more powerful because other peoples abilities affects them. It makes a massive difference when you 1v1’ed a Reaper and danced circles around him, then when you catch the same reaper off position in a team fight you couldn’t even put a dent.

The problem isn’t the concept, the problem is there is nothing that slows down their defense spike from Blighters Boon and there is no way to counter it as their defense spike is because of their allies, not them.

Reapers are WAY to tanky

in PvP

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

The problem isn’t the concept, the problem is there is nothing that slows down their defense spike from Blighters Boon and there is no way to counter it as their defense spike is because of their allies, not them.

You could kill their allies…

Yeah, I know, it’s sooooo hard to change strategy from “focus the Necro first every time” to “Leave the Necro until last so he’s not getting supercharged by allies.” Try doing it and the results may surprise you.

I’m a Geeleiver

Reapers are WAY to tanky

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Watch the live stream again, we are supposed to get better the more enemies we fight. It’s not a flaw it’s a feature.

Scaling is with teammates, not enemies. Everyone gets better with more teammates… Reapers just get more-better!

Pretty much this. Tempest is fantastic in a team because their abilities affect more people.

Reaper just gets more powerful because other peoples abilities affects them. It makes a massive difference when you 1v1’ed a Reaper and danced circles around him, then when you catch the same reaper off position in a team fight you couldn’t even put a dent.

It has still been handled horribly wrong. I’m not sure if people realize it, but a 1 sec ICD would absolutely DESTROY any possible use of this, unless they basically tripled the benefits, holding on to the 1 sec ICD.

Ideally, so there’s still some scaling, there’d be like a 3 per second cap, which allows it to stay roughly the same solo, still get some boosts in teams, but not exceed 30% LF even in ideal situations (, granted even then it’d probably be closer to 22-25 given time fluctuations). Any more than that you’re just burying it.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Reapers are WAY to tanky

in PvP

Posted by: Andlat Helsonr.1284

Andlat Helsonr.1284

It has still been handled horribly wrong. I’m not sure if people realize it, but a 1 sec ICD would absolutely DESTROY any possible use of this, unless they basically tripled the benefits, holding on to the 1 sec ICD.

Ideally, so there’s still some scaling, there’d be like a 3 per second cap, which allows it to stay roughly the same solo, still get some boosts in teams, but not exceed 30% LF even in ideal situations (, granted even then it’d probably be closer to 22-25 given time fluctuations). Any more than that you’re just burying it.

A 3-per-second cap sounds quite good to me. It basically means it can not get more than 3% LF or ~450ish HP per second n an ideal situation, while not destroying the trait and turning it into an even worse version of Unholy Sanctuary. I’d be down with that.

Reapers are WAY to tanky

in PvP

Posted by: Vapour.7348

Vapour.7348

For 3 years people would scream “focus on the necro”

Perhaps for the first time, you guys should focus elsewhere.

Quite clever actually IF this was intended.

Edit: Even though I love playing Engie, the Necro will always be my main. The Reaper has made our class well….seem more like what a necro should be.

Mini Unagi – Iuther – Iiq – Trend – lancaster

(edited by Vapour.7348)

Reapers are WAY to tanky

in PvP

Posted by: act.6302

act.6302

I dont think reaper is OP. Just that people don’t know how to counter it properly. The spite/reapers LF generation generally relies on being able to hit opponents and generate might and thus more LF. If you kite us, or evade our attacks we will go down quite easily.

Reapers are WAY to tanky

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

I dont think reaper is OP. Just that people don’t know how to counter it properly. The spite/reapers LF generation generally relies on being able to hit opponents and generate might and thus more LF. If you kite us, or evade our attacks we will go down quite easily.

Pretty much this. Reaper’s are about as weak as you can get to kiting and evasion mechanics. Their damage isn’t even that high EXCEPT, of course, if you get hit by at trucking Grave digger, but with a 1.25 cast and very very obvious animation, that shouldn’t be more than a learning issue. It does scale in teams fairly well, but god, necromancer needed that. x.X

Reapers are WAY to tanky

in PvP

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

Sure thing, make us less tanky. But in exchange give us mobility & block/evades/invulns. Fair exchange since necros are nothing without being tanky.

Reapers are WAY to tanky

in PvP

Posted by: meow one twenty.4376

meow one twenty.4376

Pretty much this. Reaper’s are about as weak as you can get to kiting and evasion mechanics. Their damage isn’t even that high EXCEPT, of course, if you get hit by at trucking Grave digger, but with a 1.25 cast and very very obvious animation, that shouldn’t be more than a learning issue. It does scale in teams fairly well, but god, necromancer needed that. x.X

I’ll admit to being at least somewhat impartial, since I really don’t plan on buying HoT…
Isn’t Reaper doing pretty decently at gap closing with Frost Aura + RS 2? You have a (somewhat) leap and they move slower when they hit you, if someone wants to get away they can do that by ignoring you rather than kiting. Reaper has pretty crazy sustain right now, with the trucks that are GS2 and RS5, with pretty obvious animations to match their damage.

To me it looks like Reaper will have a place in the meta as being the team fight powerhouse, and, for the most part, what Necros in the forums had been wanting.

Alright meow, where were we?

Reapers are WAY to tanky

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

I’m consistently not even denting reaper. That’s stupid. This whole idea needs a huge rework/nerf. I spent most of the last match trying to hurt a reaper and never managed to visibly reduce his health pool. ( and got top player for condition damage dealt )

Sorry that’s just gamebreaking strong.

Mesmerising Girl

Reapers are WAY to tanky

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

And again, couldn’t even touch the reaper. ANET this is a game breaker, kill it fast.

Mesmerising Girl

Reapers are WAY to tanky

in PvP

Posted by: Velimere.7685

Velimere.7685

A 3-per-second cap sounds quite good to me. It basically means it can not get more than 3% LF or ~450ish HP per second n an ideal situation, while not destroying the trait and turning it into an even worse version of Unholy Sanctuary. I’d be down with that.

You guys may be onto something here, but let’s reverse the numbers for the sake of an easier coding job by using code already in place: the 1-second recharge, and triple its value. This would make Reaper stronger in the 1v1 but weaker in a team-fight than it is now, so let’s further upon the utilization and counter-play by making this value (399 health / 3% life force) scale equally with healing power (a coefficient of 0.33) and poison.

Thoughts?

Anyone who says Zerk is the average Joe build is an average Joe.

Reapers are WAY to tanky

in PvP

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

There already is code for intervals like Ron described. One of the reaper traits even uses it. It’s probably what Blighter’s Boon will end up using.

“Used” it was removed since it was quite silly to proc on your own proc. But any icd will ruin it since it is meant as a scaling defense, the best would be a number shave (like 8% less healing and life force) . Also does anybody have an idea of what kind of build they are running? I mean all of it is pointed a blighters boon but in reality altruistic healing has been around for such a long time and is not considered OP, maybe there’s another aspect that’s the result off this tankiness or maybe it’s just a full bunker commitment.

EverythingOP

Reapers are WAY to tanky

in PvP

Posted by: ozzy.8059

ozzy.8059

• Increase the effects but give it an ICD. I don’t care if reapers heal or gain life force faster but it becomes an issue when your team capitalize on it.
  • Change it to only trigger in combat. Obvious reasons is obvious.[/quote]

only work in combat… you just ruined it right there

Reapers are WAY to tanky

in PvP

ozzy.8059

I’m consistently not even denting reaper. That’s stupid. This whole idea needs a huge rework/nerf. I spent most of the last match trying to hurt a reaper and never managed to visibly reduce his health pool. ( and got top player for condition damage dealt )

try mele damage instead? burning will be a thing of the past soon so may aswell learn something else.

a thief with headshot on your team can shut down reaper.. cc and range is its weakness. if you cant kill it .. kill its boon bot then the necro

(edited by ozzy.8059)

Reapers are WAY to tanky

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

I don’t use burning much. I’m more focused on confusion. As to melee, are you seriously suggesting I try to melee a Reaper as a condi Mesmer?

Mesmerising Girl

Reapers are WAY to tanky

in PvP

Posted by: Papish.5806

Papish.5806

Ok so i really have to chime in on this because its hilarious. Our reaper shroud and death shroud hp is the same right? Currently the most efefctive way to kill a necro is to cc and burst him when he exits shroud or you dps him out of shroud right? So tell me how blighters boon makes him impossible to kill while out of shroud? Just wait for him to exit shroud, or apply constant pressure while kiting till his shroud runs out, then cc burst him when shroud is on cd.

While in shroud the only extra lf gain a reaper has over a normal necro is chilling victory(requires him hitting a chilled foe) and his auto 3rd hit(only notable extra sustain when cleaving 3 targets).

So id love to hear how blighters makes them impossible to burst compared to current necros….

edit: and while blighters might allow him to get to 100% hp before he exits/runs out of shroud. thats no different han a full hp necro in shroud right now that gets bursted from 100-0. The game isnt balanced on completely uncoordinated soloq teams.

(edited by Papish.5806)

Reapers are WAY to tanky

in PvP

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

I honestly haven’t even come accross any impossible to kill Reapers and as a Reaper myself, I feel like their survivability is extremely balanced at the moment.

… I still want tengu.

Reapers are WAY to tanky

in PvP

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Thats just exaggeration on your part. Not doing a dent vs someone means you arnt inflicting damage. Maybe you need to look at what you’re actually doing, while also understanding the Reaper mechanics – such as Rise that adds minions that makes him immune over time depending on damage taken. It would make more sense if you were trolling just now.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Reapers are WAY to tanky

in PvP

ozzy.8059

I don’t use burning much. I’m more focused on confusion. As to melee, are you seriously suggesting I try to melee a Reaper as a condi Mesmer?

well to be honest im glad you cant do anything to a reaper on that build… its so brokenly trolly its not funny. one of the top unfun builds to fight

Reapers are WAY to tanky

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

I just came from yet another match. Got hammered in one shots repeatedly by reaper. My shatters had no perceptible effect whatever.

This class is game breakingly strong. Despite all your sophistry I see what’s happening in game. A reaper simply walked up to me, thorugh my fire .. spun a weapon once and insta killed me.

That’s stupidity and craziness.

Mesmerising Girl

Reapers are WAY to tanky

in PvP

Posted by: L Step.8659

L Step.8659

I’ve literally never seen a condi mesmer complain so much. It’s like they don’t know what they’re playing.

Mesmer has a huge amount of active defense and incombat mobility and can escape so many fights when put in a tight spot, and you’re being one shot by the slowest profession in the game.

I just literally cannot grasp this complaint, if the reaper is running transfers then stop trying to 1v1 it because it’s a counter. Otherwise work on your mesmer skills. Heck, just switching to power would counter the reaper because they cannot handle range pressure in a 1v1.

If you’re having trouble in teamfights with it, well ofc, that should always be the case.

ReRolled [Re] GvG Hero/Wannabe

Best NA rallybot on EU

(edited by L Step.8659)

Reapers are WAY to tanky

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

No comment on your inability to grasp.

As to knowing what I’m playing or not… I admit to being a mediocre’ish Mesmer. This is not about me.

The fact of the matter is that I and quite a few others are seeing the reaper tank ridiculously. I’m also getting 100-0 1 hit nuked. The spec is way overpowered.

Mesmerising Girl

Reapers are WAY to tanky

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

As to knowing what I’m playing or not… I admit to being a mediocre’ish Mesmer. This is not about me.

The fact of the matter is that I and quite a few others are seeing the reaper tank ridiculously. I’m also getting 100-0 1 hit nuked. The spec is way overpowered.

Except, the reality is you’d have to be basically standing around for anything like this to happen, and really, there has only been a few people behind the nerf-train, frankly, you’ve been flooding this thread.

It has everything to do with being a mediocre Mesmer, be cause as it stands, you’re complaining about a build/class that is essentially built upon anti-conditions, and then saying they’re too tanky because you can’t deal damage to them as a mediocre Mesmer. Logically, that should make sense to anyone, that hey, they might be better, AND they’re a natural counter, maybe it’s just part of life.

A similar story could be made for Reapers versus Daredevils, it’s godawful trying to catch one, because we’re slow and they’re full of evades. Sometimes you just have to take the good with the bad. And maybe, try using a more, overall, viable build.

Right now, Chronomancers are INCREDIBLY overpowered in terms of Stronghold, hands down, they have it all in Stronghold, So that might be worth looking into.

Reapers are WAY to tanky

in PvP

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

What happens when you fight a diamond skin ele?

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

Reapers are WAY to tanky

in PvP

Zetsumei.4975

You’re making it very hard for people to take you seriously

Ruins of Surmia

Reapers are WAY to tanky

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

Actually I can beat a d/d ele about half the time. Staff Ele more often. As to standing around.. pull and chill followed by instant I win button weapon spin.

Yes I carry condi cleanse, no it’s not an adequate defense. I’m willing to bet that the win records will show reaper and revenant dominant in pvp at the moment.

Mesmerising Girl

Reapers are WAY to tanky

in PvP

Zetsumei.4975

Actually I can beat a d/d ele about half the time. Staff Ele more often. As to standing around.. pull and chill followed by instant I win button weapon spin.

Yes I carry condi cleanse, no it’s not an adequate defense. I’m willing to bet that the win records will show reaper and revenant dominant in pvp at the moment.

What about a diamond skin ele?

And lol you claim to be able win against dd ele half the time but get caught by reaper on a mesmer.

Ruins of Surmia

Reapers are WAY to tanky

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

I can usually beat a non d/d ele. Laughing at me doesn’t change the game record.
Reapers are killing easily and tanking way too much.

The record of this beta will no doubt show as much. Laughing at me shows your inability to defend your statements. So laugh all you like, you have no credibility against the beta stats.

Mesmerising Girl

Reapers are WAY to tanky

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

Necros and mesmers won’t be able to hide beyond the common " ele OP OP" parade for much longer, their elite spec is already garbage level and the only thing that makes them viable in PvP..will soon be nerfed into the ground for another year or so. Soon the forum will be littered with OP necro/mesmer threads.

Reapers are WAY to tanky

in PvP

Zetsumei.4975

I can usually beat a non d/d ele. Laughing at me doesn’t change the game record.

The record of this beta will no doubt show as much. Laughing at me shows your inability to defend your statements. So laugh all you like, you have no credibility against the beta stats.

You still dodged my question about diamond skin ele’s but il continue to my point. You more than likely don’t have a fun time fighting them and will avoid that fight in a match, so why did you ignore what dranor was talking to you about hard counters earlier? Condi mesmer specifically going against reaper isn’t very wise but other classes and builds won’t have the same level of trouble at all, nevertheless I don’t see how you were caught by a reaper with mesmers mobility and please don’t claim it was because you were one-shot if you’re going to call him an impenetrable tank at the same time.

Ruins of Surmia

Reapers are WAY to tanky

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

As I said, the beta record will bear me out. The Reaper is too powerful by half or more. It does in fact one shot light armor with very little effort and it needs a major nerf.

Mesmerising Girl

Reapers are WAY to tanky

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

It’s not one shotting, it’s 3 shotting. Considering how hard the combo is to land… and the only way I’ve been able to do it is with hydromancy/fire sigil, rune of ice, chilling nova or whatever the reaper adept trait is. Honestly I did it to a zerker war yesterday against a team that was a full premade against pugs… decent team too I’ve seen them before and we almost won. At one point u managed to drop a warrior in like 3 seconds. And he was just like whale then. In the same game though I got wtfpwned by an ele and a daredevil. Condis seem to work just fine against a reaper as long as they didn’t take curses.. even with death magic condis still kill me… and anything that can kite should beat a reaper almost all the time especially if they go full Yolo melee.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

Reapers are WAY to tanky

in PvP

Posted by: meow one twenty.4376

meow one twenty.4376

Simply put, the more you talk the more credibility you lose.

You arent trying to adapt. You are using terrain to your disadvantage. Your are complaining about a hardcounter killing you constantly. You even describe yourself as mediocre using the build, and yet you have no clue about the experience or skill of people killing you. Now you are trying to use statistics, of which you couldnt have any possible clue the validity of, to argue your point.

Change your build.
Change your playstyle.
Adapt or die.

Alright meow, where were we?

Reapers are WAY to tanky

in PvP

Posted by: Foefaller.1082

Foefaller.1082

Wait, they’ve finally found a way to make Necro’s legit tanky without blocks/evades/reflects??

IS THE BWE STILL ON!? I HAVE TO SEE THIS FIRSTHAND BEFORE IT’S TOO LATE!

That’s what I get for sticking with VB the whole weekend…

Anyway, seriously now, I hope they wait until after the next BWE before doing any sort of knee-jerk nerfs to this (and not just so I can have the chance to go Tonberry on soloq pugs in spvp) Just to see if this might be a LTP issue. As it has been mentioned several times before, the prevailing strategy in group fights has always been “Shoot the Necro first” and Blighter’s Boon as it is on its own throws that idea out the window. I obviously can’t speak about the 1v1 situation with any experince (since I’ve admitted I haven’t done any PvP for this BWE) but with the loudest complainers being those who are bringing condition builds to fight a Necromancer, I wonder if they can elaborate how their current experience with Reapers compares to their normal experience fighting Celest Signet Necros.

If they do think BB needs a nerf… I think there is already a precedent for traits that activate X number of times in a second. That sounds like the best way to go if the current version proves to be untenable without giving it a hard ICD.

Also, Ithilwen? I get the feeling you don’t know what a Diamond Skin Ele actually is. Which is understandable, since they are semi-rare atm. Diamond Skin is an Earth Magic trait that makes Ele’s Condi-Immune (as in, conditions cannot be applied on them) as long as their HP is above the 90% threshold. Coupled with some of your classic Celestial Water/Arcana traits to keep HP above that level, and it’s basically the closest thing to a hard counter on condition builds as exists in the game.

(edited by Foefaller.1082)

Reapers are WAY to tanky

in PvP

Posted by: DarkMezmer.5198

DarkMezmer.5198

Wait, they’ve finally found a way to make Necro’s legit tanky without blocks/evades/reflects??

IS THE BWE STILL ON!? I HAVE TO SEE THIS FIRSTHAND BEFORE IT’S TOO LATE!

That’s what I get for sticking with VB the whole weekend…

Anyway, seriously now, I hope they wait until after the next BWE before doing any sort of knee-jerk nerfs to this (and not just so I can have the chance to go Tonberry on soloq pugs in spvp) Just to see if this might be a LTP issue. As it has been mentioned several times before, the prevailing strategy in group fights has always been “Shoot the Necro first” and Blighter’s Boon as it is on its own throws that idea out the window. I obviously can’t speak about the 1v1 situation with any experince (since I’ve admitted I haven’t done any PvP for this BWE) but with the loudest complainers being those who are bringing condition builds to fight a Necromancer, I wonder if they can elaborate how their current experience with Reapers compares to their normal experience fighting Celest Signet Necros.

If they do think BB needs a nerf… I think there is already a precedent for traits that activate X number of times in a second. That sounds like the best way to go if the current version proves to be untenable without giving it a hard ICD.

Also, Ithilwen? I get the feeling you don’t know what a Diamond Skin Ele actually is. Which is understandable, since they are semi-rare atm. Diamond Skin is an Earth Magic trait that makes Ele’s Condi-Immune (as in, conditions cannot be applied on them) as long as their HP is above the 90% threshold. Coupled with some of your classic Celestial Water/Arcana traits to keep HP above that level, and it’s basically the closest thing to a hard counter on condition builds as exists in the game.

Loved the tonberry reference cuz it’s exactly how reaper looks and feels. Now only if we can get a giant chef knife GS skin…

Reapers are WAY to tanky

in PvP

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

well to be honest im glad you cant do anything to a reaper on that build… its so brokenly trolly its not funny. one of the top unfun builds to fight

It makes sense though you’re leaving your clones out close to the reaper for free cleave and LF gain the same would happen vs any AI builds or class even pre death turret engi. It’s called scaling potential.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

Reapers are WAY to tanky

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

I think the real issue is LF/might generation while in reaper form.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Reapers are WAY to tanky

in PvP

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I think the real issue is LF/might generation while in reaper form.

While in Reaper’s Shroud, life force gain is only from Chilling Force and the auto chain. Unless you have another ally helping to keep foes chilled, this doesn’t really add up to a ton from the Reaper.

Blighter’s Boon doesn’t give any life force while in Shroud.

I’m a Geeleiver

Reapers are WAY to tanky

in PvP

Posted by: Quaman.9167

Quaman.9167

Wow, so a necro spec can actually survive being focused and stay around long enough to do some damage? Its almost like the original design for necro.

In all seriousness, we still don’t have great mobility, team support, or healing skills, so its not as if Reaper doesn’t have a lot of the base necros weaknesses.

What would be nice is if regular Death Shroud got a buff, since Reaper Shroud seems to completely outclass it.

I like video games

Reapers are WAY to tanky

in PvP

Posted by: Jackalrat.5493

Jackalrat.5493

I don’t buy this. My reaper melts to condition damage pretty fast. Especially burning.

Even when I run soldier, condi builds definitely hurt me.

The simple fact is if you take away Reaper’s tankiness, it will become completely worthless (as opposed to just kinda bad, which it currently is).

Reapers are WAY to tanky

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

I don’t buy this. My reaper melts to condition damage pretty fast. Especially burning.

Even when I run soldier, condi builds definitely hurt me.

The simple fact is if you take away Reaper’s tankiness, it will become completely worthless (as opposed to just kinda bad, which it currently is).

Pretty much this. People have got to realize, that Reaper’s (and Necro in General) are basically sponges. So sure, you might take longer to kill us while even hitting us. But here’s the thing, even that bit of sponginess is all we really have. Necromancer’s have some of the worst map-coverage mobility in the entire game, which is probably one of the most important utilities a class can have, most of our stuff is slow and highly telegraphed, and the class is incredibly selfish in nature.

If you take away our combat presence when we’re actually not getting locked down (which rarely happens anyways), we’re back to having basically no real use. Why would you ever take a slow highly telegraphed class when you could have a stealthy, high utility, safe-bursting class that’s also highly mobile?

It might not be everyone’s favorite niche, to be a sponge and slow hard hitter, but lets be frank here. Necromancer has basically nothing else going for it in terms of team utilization.

Reapers are WAY to tanky

in PvP

Posted by: JinDaVikk.7291

JinDaVikk.7291

Don’t know if anyone has posted this yet im not reading a 3 page thread but I played the reaper all weekend.

Quite fun actually,

Weakness is pretty simple, you have limited ways of fighting at a distance and only 1 gap closer. No sustain (lf gain could be considered sustain but no healing)

Just hit the reaper first. Necro has usually always been first target in pvp.
The build is strong up close but at distance quite weak.

Team Radioactive
Crysis, Lil Damage, Ovi, Jindavikk, Guard
Causing cancer all day.

Reapers are WAY to tanky

in PvP

Posted by: Pyroen.2086

Pyroen.2086

Yeah in my personal opinion were less like pyramid head and more like an alien made of tooth picks. I found my self running in and out of fights with massive damage on RS but as soon as they sneezed on me It was gtfo for me.

Reapers are WAY to tanky

in PvP

Posted by: Schurge.5194

Schurge.5194

My response to the Mesmer got deleted for being “mean” (learn 2 play is mean I guess).

I play almost exclusively Necromancer. I bought HoT exclusively for Reaper. I spent 85% of the Beta weekend on my Vanilla Necromancer since Reaper wouldn’t add to my PvP score and there are titles I need to get before League comes out. I played a few matches on my Vanilla glass cannon Axe/Axe Warrior and the rest of my time on Reaper… again the vast majority of my time on Vanilla Necromancer.

Vanilla Necromancer is far more survivable then Reaper as we can keep our sustain up without standing in red circles though our weakness is and always will be any kind of control as all of our abilities have cast times and we have 0 stability.

Reaper gives us the stability we need. Reaper gives us the cleaves that we lacked. Players now need to learn how to dodge or kite when fighting Reapers. Your dazes aren’t going to do anything against 10 stacks of Stability and I really don’t feel sorry for the players having trouble with Reapers.

Reapers are amazing and in the little time I played the Reaper I was able to do a lot more killing but I also had to work twice as hard to survive. On my glass cannon warrior whom I almost never play who is extremely non-meta (Axe/Axe!) I was able to 1v1 every Reaper I came against simply because I know how to play Necromancer, Reaper has many of the same weaknesses and a few new ones (Conditions!) that can be easily exploited… and as always if you leave Shroud at the wrong second you are dead.

One thing I can say for sure, Reaper is not face-tanking as many enemies as Vanilla Necromancer on his own.

I learned how to fight every other classes’ cheese. Reaper is in a good spot. I think I would give RS2 and GS5 900 range but that is about all I would change for now. The hardest I hit with Gravedigger in PvP is about 11k. Gravedigger only lands after I baited dodges… and it takes a lot of setup to make that hit reliable. As always, we are slow and half of our attacks miss… but the good Reapers aren’t aiming for the other player so they don’t miss and they seem like Gods to people who are used to just spamming rotations.

Reaper will be nerfed, but not because it is imbalanced. Vanilla Necromancer can do most of what the Reaper can do and a few things it can’t. Reaper will be nerfed – as always – because people don’t know how to play. I wrecked a lot of Chronomancers with my Vanilla non-meta (no signets / no celestials / 2 allegedly useless utilities) Necromancer… I am surprised no one is asking for vanilla Necro baseline nerfs.

Champion Phantom
We are not friends.

Reapers are WAY to tanky

in PvP

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Just going to point this out, but Reapers are no weaker to conditions than base Necro is. They still have access to every bit of condition removal than base Necro does, but also can use Runes of the Soldier/Trooper.

I’m a Geeleiver