Remove Gyro Stomp or Add other OP stomps

in PvP

Posted by: Aveigel.2601

Aveigel.2601

Title says it all…

imo, it’s too good. Either have it removed or add other mechanics that can finish off people in a similar way…

Example:
Ranger/Necro/Thief/Mesmer/Guard/Ele Pet stomp.
Warrior Banner stomp, calling banner on downed player or using banner 5
etc.

If Scrapper can have this, should be fair that other classes can also use some OP stomp.

perhaps if gyro was like a Fractal avenger only it wouldn’t be so vexing…interrupted and stops the stomp…but it ain’t the case…and you never have time to kill it when down alone…Maybe make it extra vulnerable to downed state dmg…

Just make it so that it doesn’t feel so OP..

Yeah I’m somewhat vexed about this.

in PvP

Posted by: Topher.5631

Topher.5631

Agreed, I can just click that and not have to worry about a stomp going through. The very minimum increase its ICD or remove its stability so there is more counterplay. Or give it a small cast time.

If you can’t beat it, it is, needless to say, OP
Looking for a team? Start here! https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

What really gets me about the gyro is that an interrupt wont interrupt the gyro stomp, despite landing it, proccing the floater etc. Stomp just keeeeeeeps going.

in PvP

Posted by: Euthymias.7984

Euthymias.7984

I think Stomping in general needs to be looked at.

>One shouldn’t be able to stomp someone while invulnerable (Mist Form, Obsidian Flesh, Shrink Elixir, ect)

>Being on a somewhat higher/lower elevation than the downed individual shouldn’t allow you to stomp them (example, edge of Nifelhel’s Mid platform getting stomped from below). You’ll have to finish them off at range or match their elevation

As for Function Gyro, I think it should be something to assist with stomping instead of being a general finisher that cannot be stopped due to its Stability. That way, the user can’t just set it and forget it – instead they can use it in tandem with their own stomp (or an ally’s) to secure the kill without worrying if they/the gyro are interrupted.

in PvP

Posted by: Seyiwaji.4082

Seyiwaji.4082

Why should every bothersome be removed?

I can not agree this even if my main is not a scrapper.
Avoid going down in the first place.

My god cry baby everywhere for every kitten.
Instead of removing this, try to come out with ideas mechanic specific to other classes.

in PvP

Posted by: SlimChance.6593

SlimChance.6593

Then revert the quickness/stomp change. Why is that singled out but not others?

Eccho, Echo Oread – Mesmers (Yak’s Bend)
My EchoRupt Build - Forum Post

in PvP

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

Why not go down less? Have you tried actually being good at pvp first?

Bad Elementalist

in PvP

Aveigel.2601

If I missed any current ones, plz say…I do also dislike the teleport stomps…doesn’t feel legit, nice tactic, but still not that legit feel as I would see it as being interrupted and close quarters requirement…

My issue with the gyro stomp is this: press a button and carry on….engi moves to assist on an other node or whatever while stomp s being done away from him. At least with the teleport stomps, the player still needs to stick around for the stomp to happen, same with the invulnerable stomps or whatever…

in PvP

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

What really gets me about the gyro is that an interrupt wont interrupt the gyro stomp, despite landing it, proccing the floater etc. Stomp just keeeeeeeps going.

I thought this was only me, Landed 2 ccs from me and the pet, still kept going.

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in PvP

Posted by: Sinmir.6504

Sinmir.6504

Thieves have a stomp, The last part of Impact Strike. Better than the Scrapper one as it finishes them completely.

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

Totally agree, stomping is such a key part of the game I don’t understand why there is an ability like this available to one class.

in PvP

Posted by: Kodama.6453

Kodama.6453

Yeah, let’s just remove the most situational “elite spec mechanic” in the entire game without giving something in return, right?

If gyro stomp goes, scrapper definitely deserves some new mechanic in return for it.

in PvP

Posted by: Emtiarbi.3281

Emtiarbi.3281

Just remove the stability from the Gyro and it will be fine imo.

Anredhal Amethyst – Lain Amethyst – Orss Jerre

in PvP

Posted by: Skittledness.5106

Skittledness.5106

It’s their elite mechanic
Other classes got astral form reaper shroud zerker continuum split
And all engineers got was a gyro which can only be used on a downed players
Also the gyro stomp takes 5sec(not like normal) and is very squishy so you can kill it with downed aa

Jeffies Jeffie Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeffies Jeffie Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeffies Jeffie

in PvP

SlimChance.6593

Time Warp is an elite for Mesmers and it got nerfed for stomping/rez.

in PvP

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

lol f gyro goes underground pretty frequently and cant be cc’d by things that arent aoes… and has a stability stack.

when it isnt successful for me, its cuz the enemy is cleaving their downed and it dies.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in PvP

Aveigel.2601

Function gyros are default for scrappers, for any who missed where they get it from, they are Elite Spec, not Elite Skill. Also, even if they were to remove the stomp from the gyros, they would still have the assist downed player option, which is kinda similar to the Ranger’s ability, only they can do it every 20s, while Rangers have a longer cooldown. So plainly removing the stomp would still have it’s use, and wouldn’t affect the rest of the game, while removing something that is too OP for it’s cooldown.

The “press F” and walk away is more OP than Thief Elite Skill. AND it’s by default.

no ty.

in PvP

Posted by: Undo.5091

Undo.5091

Function gyro itself comes with scrapper as a minor trait. The stability it has does not. That comes from the GM trait Final Salvo. Without it, function gyro becomes completely unreliable since it tends to blow up before finishing a stomp if it gets interrupted.

If you want counter play to function gyro, it’s pretty simple. Cleave. The gyro has ~10k HP. The only situation function gyro shines in (as a stomp mechanic) is really in a 2v2. Any more players and the gyro is destroyed instantly. Honestly, it’s far from a guaranteed stomp and is often better off saved for rezzing players.

Engineer (XIII) (KoTR)
Darkhaven

in PvP

Aveigel.2601

then exclude function gyro from the stability trait. The rest of the boons from the final salvo are still good.

Scrappers deserve rinky dink skills/features

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Then revert the quickness/stomp change. Why is that singled out but not others?

Because Revenant downstate auto attack was annoying and quickness/slow stomping was bugging stomps.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in PvP

SlimChance.6593

So don’t fix the bugs, just remove the ability.

Just more reason to look else where to spend my gaming dollars.

in PvP

Posted by: Calanthe.3857

Calanthe.3857

can you imagine a pet Command skill that finishes off players? XD

in PvP

Posted by: Undo.5091

Undo.5091

So don’t fix the bugs, just remove the ability.

Just more reason to look else where to spend my gaming dollars.

The change the quickness/slow stops were more of a direct response to bunker Mesmer. It was kittenous build. Matches would be decided by who would be 10-20 points ahead when the timer ran out. It was boring to watch and boring to play.

Engineer (XIII) (KoTR)
Darkhaven

in PvP

SlimChance.6593

And that build has been nerfed over and over. So why is quickness not been reverted.

Why are other classes allowed to use traits and skills to ensure stomps/rezes but not Mez?

in PvP

StickerHappy.8052

Function gyros are default for scrappers, for any who missed where they get it from, they are Elite Spec, not Elite Skill. Also, even if they were to remove the stomp from the gyros, they would still have the assist downed player option, which is kinda similar to the Ranger’s ability, only they can do it every 20s, while Rangers have a longer cooldown. So plainly removing the stomp would still have it’s use, and wouldn’t affect the rest of the game, while removing something that is too OP for it’s cooldown.

The “press F” and walk away is more OP than Thief Elite Skill. AND it’s by default.

no ty.

Ranger pets cannot res others on pet except for the shout. Ranger pets cannot stomp either. No contest here.

in PvP

SlimChance.6593

But a ranger can leave his pet to finish the down player, while he runs off to other side of the map.

in PvP

Ross Biddle.2367

Yeah, let’s just remove the most situational “elite spec mechanic” in the entire game without giving something in return, right?

If gyro stomp goes, scrapper definitely deserves some new mechanic in return for it.

Because Scrapper is lacking in mechanics? XD

Also, in what situation doesnt an engie win his fights? XD

Lol

in PvP

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

Yes, remove it. Also, lower the uptime of gyros.

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in PvP

StickerHappy.8052

But a ranger can leave his pet to finish the down player, while he runs off to other side of the map.

This is an exaggeration though, you know that. Well I do agree the pet leash is incredibly l long.

Also you gotta remember, when the ranger is without his pet, its basically gg for him and if he swaps then he cant really finish off a downed right?

in PvP

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

Go down less? You must fight some terrible players if you’re not going down at all…A good team can focus you, and if you’re team isn’t good at peeling for you, you’ll go down eventually. This isn’t totally a L2P issue. This skill has always been OP, and it’s part of the powercreep issue. It has a 900 range AND requires at least two interrupts to stop. Another idea is to reduce the hp on it and make it easier to destroy.

I’m not asking for this skill alone to be nerfed. It’s only one skill that’s part of a greater issue of HoT skills being too powerful. Impact Strike just needs a higher CD. (60 seconds. It’s an elite for God’s sake. 40 second or less CD is too good for something that stomps that quickly and CCs TWICE, even if the skill itself is easy to interrupt.) Continuum Split is clunky and annoying to use, yet is also extremely powerful with elite skills. I could go on…

in PvP

StickerHappy.8052

Go down less? You must fight some terrible players if you’re not going down at all…A good team can focus you, and if you’re team isn’t good at peeling for you, you’ll go down eventually. This isn’t totally a L2P issue. This skill has always been OP, and it’s part of the powercreep issue. It has a 900 range AND requires at least two interrupts to stop. Another idea is to reduce the hp on it and make it easier to destroy.

I’m not asking for this skill alone to be nerfed. It’s only one skill that’s part of a greater issue of HoT skills being too powerful. Impact Strike just needs a higher CD. (60 seconds. It’s an elite for God’s sake. 40 second or less CD is too good for something that stomps that quickly and CCs TWICE, even if the skill itself is easy to interrupt.) Continuum Split is clunky and annoying to use, yet is also extremely powerful with elite skills. I could go on…

Honestly I think its bugged, I cced it 2 times with me and my pet but the stomp kept on going so.. Maybe it was glitch or idk..

in PvP

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

Have you heard of stability?

Honestly I think its bugged, I cced it 2 times with me and my pet but the stomp kept on going so.. Maybe it was glitch or idk..

in PvP

Faux Play.6104

Downed should be immune to condition damage too cuz you totally cant load someone up with conditions and walk away.

in PvP

StickerHappy.8052

Can you do math though?

1 stack of stability = 1 CC, 2 CCs = Interrupt/

in PvP

SlimChance.6593

My point is why is NOT ok for the mesmer to use whatever skills/traits/abilities for stomp/rez. But its a learn to play issue when other classes can.

in PvP

Posted by: Ikki.7891

Ikki.7891

I have been on the receiving end of this plenty of times, and I honestly do not have a problem with it. Most of the classes have a way of securing a stomp, either by porting/invu/stab. Yes, the stomp might seem unfair while in the middle of the fight, but if you are downed chances are you guys already lost… Sometimes things like that happen to irk someone on that time of the month and what do they do? They come crying to the forums.

in PvP

Faux Play.6104

Why is it ok for mesmers to be the only class that teleport their team across the map with a core skill? How well did teams without mesmers do in the ESL leagues?

My point is why is NOT ok for the mesmer to use whatever skills/traits/abilities for stomp/rez. But its a learn to play issue when other classes can.

in PvP

SlimChance.6593

Why is ok for DH to have instant cast traps with cooldowns starting when the laid and not when triggered.
Why are thieves allowed to have so much stealth and evades.
Why do Eles get so much sustain.
Why do kittens get so much chill.

What does that got to do with anything?

in PvP

Posted by: epouvante.7392

epouvante.7392

I am not scrapper but stop always cry about the same classes it’s absurb. If you want to delete stomp gyros just give them a real elite mechanic, like all others elite!
I dont understand why is it normal for ele, war and thief to be overtuned? Other profession can aslo have their own things. Always cry about absurd reaper, ingi, druid, chrono but actually tempest/war/thief are just over the top. So let the poor scrapper his finish and try to thing about how counter it.

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

So let the poor scrapper his finish and try to thing about how counter it.

“the poor scrapper”, lol.

in PvP

Posted by: Rukia.9860

Rukia.9860

At least scrapper got a mechanic.

What did thieves get… a third evade? lawl.

in PvP

Ross Biddle.2367

It’s totally bugged. Been bugged since day one. A knockback will stop it from stomping because it removes the gyro from the proximity of your downed state. But a straight up interrupt while it remains on top of you won’t stop the stomp from proceeding.

It’s a major bug.

in PvP

Ross Biddle.2367

At least scrapper got a mechanic.

What did thieves get… a third evade? lawl.

Thieves have an extremely powerful bonus stomp too XD

If used from scratch on a downed, it interrupts their downed skills (puts them on CD). If used as a combo pre downed stated and the first two hits down the target, the third hit instantly stomps.

So yeah… Thieves…

in PvP

Faux Play.6104

Maybe the confusion is everyone doesn’t use final salvo. Interrupting it is not the best option. You are better off cleaving it. The only bug I have seen with it is underground spawning, but I’ve seen people end up getting downed and not be stompable because they are glitches underground too so that seems to be more of a core game mechanic….similar to knock backs that cause people to get stuck in walls.

in PvP

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

Just remove the stability from the Gyro and it will be fine imo.

This. Most professions can’t cc both the engi and the gyro in downed state.

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

I don’t get this thread. When I started playing pvp back in 2014, stomping was a big thing, but these days you just cleave your downed ennemies a lot more often. It feels weird that you are complaining about this now.

in PvP

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

Its actually something worth testing because guaranteed stomp is undoubtedly a game-changing bug. Anybody done extensive testing on interrupting gyro stomp? How about knockoff? Other CC?

in PvP

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

Hmm function Gyros…quite the handy lil light bulbs arent they…
they stomp, rezz, hand out candy etc etc….man me and my old rags and overhyped scythe wouldnt even come close

I too would like my Executioner’s Scythe to actually execute stuff as good as the lil floating cheap light bulbs scrappers carry around :’(

I’d even trait for it to gief stab and sustain and eveyrtin everytin too!

no? okai…im just gonna go dig some graves with my GS except it is resting in a grave too

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in PvP

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

What does this mean? Pulses: 3

Pretty sure if you read the whole skill description it applies it self 3 times over the 4 second duration and each stack lasts 5 seconds.

Feel free to prove me wrong. Post a video of what you are doing and why you think the skill is bugged. It looks like it is working as intended and documented to me.

I’ll link you final salvo. Read it a couple times and you should be able to answer this yourself. If not then you need to learn to read. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Final_Salvo

Can you do math though?

1 stack of stability = 1 CC, 2 CCs = Interrupt/

Please learn mechanics before you embarrass yourself even more. 1 stack is eliminated by 1 CC. 2 CCs = ?

Answer that for me.

I think you should be the one who needs to learn to read.

“Stability stacks in intensity up to 25 times and each incoming control effect removes a stack.”

Gyro has only 1 stack, so 2 CCs = ?????

It’s broken. If the gyro has no stability and get’s ihit with a CC (that doesnt push it away), the “Interrupt” floater procs over the gyro, and the stomp continues regardless.

The only amazing thing here is that you’ve never witnessed this XD

Indeed it is bugged but (main engie) what I have noticed is that the when/if the gyro gets interrupted it does get interrupted but not the animation, it then starts it stomp as soon as possible but then the animation is delayed even more so you don’t see the actual stomp. Becouse as I play Scrapper alot and without final Salvo I notice it being interrupted alot.

Also I think it is realy good but I could argue if it is OP as a stomper, I rarely stomps with my gyro as it gets killed very easy. On the other hand, I use it mainly as a resseer and I can’t ress this good and easy with any other class, not even druid.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

Gyro stomp is the Engie’s “Safe Stomp”. If you want to remove that then you need to look at every other classes ability to safe stomp. Thieves with their super fast elite stomp. Guardians with their Focus 5 Stomp (3 blocks) Or F3 shield blocks. Basically anyone who has access to multiple blocks/stability stacks.

Warrior Dolyak Signet 10 stacks of stability? Balanced stance 2 stacks.

Scrapper needs to use a GM trait Final Salvo to get that stability. Im ok with removing stability IF either they give Engineers another way to safe stomp (via utilities) or they remove safe stomping from every other class. Safe Stomping is an important mechanic in pvp.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "