Remove Mercenary Amulet

Remove Mercenary Amulet

in PvP

Posted by: Shadow.1345

Shadow.1345

Removing cele was not a mistake because it favored might stacking classes, basically giving them 1k+ power and condi damage and 560 in everything else.

@OP Mercenary is just fine. It, Paladin and Menders gave us some new combinations beyond Carrion, Marauder and Celestial. Taking away Mercenary won’t stop you from getting rekt by Reapers, which really aren’t all that OP anyways. They are killable, just learn to kite when they go into shroud.

Removing celestial because it favoured other professions is fine but removing mercenary because it favour reapers would be a mistake?….let me guess why…
Kite a reaper in shroud?…that’s a good one really, maybe you’d like to show us all of us how you do that…..with cripple, chill shout 600 range, chill 1200 range…unblockable

Maybe I should remember you that they also nerfed vigor, energy sigil and that take away your chance of multiple dodges

I hope you remember that “capping/holding” points it’s the aim of the game

Let me add that they removed all amulets used by ele even builds that were not meta- settler-crusader on top of other traits nerfs

If you find Reapers to be so difficult I really don’t know how you made it to Legendary according to your sig. Mercenary doesn’t favor any particular class. It’s just a stat combo. Any build that wants hybrid damage and a little sustain with it can use Mercenary. Celestial on the other hand favored classes that the ability to stack a lot of Might. A thief could run a Mercenary build but with Celestial it would be worthless because it can’t maintain an easy 25 might stacks like Ele and Necro.

As to how to kite shroud, you kite it just like anything else, use your strafe keys and stuff. For one the Reaper is going to try to range you before going into shroud. Just then try to keep range from the Reaper. I’m only a lowly Diamond and I can do it. Besides in this current meta from what the top tier players tell me it’s more important to win the team fights first and then get the cap on the node. You must be one of those people that rushes onto the node at the opening fight at mid, face tanks all the traps and marks and goes down in the first 5 seconds.

They removed Settler and Crusader because nobody wanted the impossible to kill tanks and gave us Mender instead as a replacement. I don’t really get what you are complaining about. Ele is still meta and brings a very vital role to the game. Are you mad because you can’t have sustain for days plus a lot of damage anymore?

Merc amulet is not the problem, and neither is Cleric. If anything, we need more variety for the amulets.

Exactly, the previous 3 amulet meta of Cele, Carrion and Marauder was boring. Now we have Amulets that provide more variety so we can have bruisers with Paladin, healers with Mender, condi classes with Mercenary or Wanders, damage classes can still take Marauder. The removal of the previous amulets and addition of the new ones was definitely a step in the right direction.

I was wondering when the L2P comments would start to appear, that’s the last line of defense really, unfortunately for you the L2P comment doesn’t cut it with me; name-Arheundel, check GWshack to see my leaderboard position 2 years ago..you may realize why I’m legend., other than that..I have nothing to prove, this season legend, last season started a month late and ended diamond anyway, all soloq

The L2P comments don’t bother me at all, I know what I’m doing and what I’m talking about.

The bias is so strong in your comment jesus and still the removal of mercenary would not change anything about your condibot spammer, what would change is the fact that now power builds (which at the contrary of condibot builds must forsake defense in favour of dmg) would fare better as there would be only one source of dmg to mitigate…..no direct dmg on top of condition dmg , with all the tankiness and vitality

You want condition dmg? Go wanderer!
You want direct dmg? Go Marauder!

This is in accordance with what you say

You acted like kiting Reaper shroud was impossible. I’m not all Legendary and have no elite status on leaderboards and I can do it so I don’t see the issue. As for my “condibot spammer” I really have no bias because I multi class and I play with Wander on my condibot already so the bias statement doesn’t really hold water. People complain about a lack of variety and how boring it is that everyone plays the same things but then they introduce some new amulets that are worth taking and people get mad because the game got harder for them or something.

Remove Mercenary Amulet

in PvP

Posted by: basz.6129

basz.6129

More items with smaller stat pools. Diversity to breed diversity? I get it. Espurts. But seriously, the small meta hops are outrageous at this point