Remove PvP Daily from Tournaments?

in PvP

Posted by: NanoNarse.4816

NanoNarse.4816

Can I rage a little bit about the PvP Daily crowd? I can. Thanks.

I’m sick of my PvP experience being ruined by pugs who are solely concerned about their points and their daily. I’m sure you’ve experienced this. 4 players standing around to cap an uncontested point, allowing the other two to be captured, because they want their Daily Captures. Chasing players around in the middle of nowhere, leaving you outnumbered on a point, because they need their Daily Kills.

I wouldn’t mind if these things weren’t detrimental to team play, and honestly, you don’t even have to go out of your way to obtain Daily if you play 3 games semi-competently. But I see so many people who don’t care about winning, pursuing their daily at any cost, that it just ruins the experience.

I can’t even play with guildies sometimes, because they do the exact same thing.

I doubt this will ever happen, but after having this ruin one too many tPvP games for me, I really think the Daily achievement should be reserved for hotjoining.

in PvP

Posted by: hamsteak.1368

hamsteak.1368

i’ve been in a scary amount of groups with rank 1-10 dungeon masters

Auger Claw (PvE/Spvp) – Thief
Notalkingplz (PvE/Spvp) – Guardian
Rough Trade (PvE)/Urok Ashpaw (Spvp) – Engineer

in PvP

Posted by: Kitcat.1739

Kitcat.1739

With the removal of hotjoins, and the rumored world-hunger-ending solo que split, this will only get worse.

I don’t wish to take dailys out, however. But I, too, am seeing a decline in the aptitude of tournament players, and I would like to find a way to prevent it.

“Premade”
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

in PvP

Posted by: Dedalus.3065

Dedalus.3065

The thing is, remove the daily and the amount of players will decrease even more. PvP is in desperate need of players now and removing the daily would only work against that.

in PvP

Posted by: Super Riceman.8702

Super Riceman.8702

I think they can just change the daily achievements to promote better gameplay and teamwork rather than just remove it, maybe even add title for being team players.
And like in PvE, you only have to do 5 to earn it but you get a bonus for all nine

Some Ideas:
Guardian(Title same name)- Interrupt 10 players while they are performing a finisher on a downed ally
David- Kill 7 players who’s maximum health is at least 3000 higher or lower than yours
Joint Ops- perform the map’s secondary mechanic 5 times (run orb, kill npc, knockdown with treb etc.)
Kevlar(Title same name)- block 5 projectiles intended for other allies
Reaper- Kill 5 players within 20 sec of them recovering from a downed state

There is only one god and its name is nerf. There is only one thing we say to nerf, not today

in PvP

Posted by: NanoNarse.4816

NanoNarse.4816

I think they can just change the daily achievements to promote better gameplay and teamwork rather than just remove it, maybe even add title for being team players.

Of course! This is by far a better solution than removing Daily altogether.

in PvP

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

I think if you queue up for tourney and two or more people on the team have a PVE title visible, you should be allowed to abandon the tourney in the prep area and have it resume “looking for players” =P

In the case of “Combat Healer” visible, just one player is required.

(edited by Minion of Vey.4398)