Remove mulitple profession meta achievement

in PvP

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

If you ever wondered why your pug team has lost with a score that is the same as if you had a 4v5 this is one of the reasons why. Having multi-professions in the league meta achievements is a bad thing. Sure some people have a high skill level in multiple professions, but a lot don’t. I’m pretty sure people are creating new professions they have no skill in whatsoever to get the meta.

When you get to league year of the ascension part II you are require to win 5 games with 3 professions. Part I requires 2 professions. So to get the meta I have to use a profession I have little skill with in ranked matches to get the achievement. Basically people doing this are severely gimping their team, I know because I’ve experienced this and heard people in chat say they are just going for the meta on their character.

Not sure why they added this for ranked matches as it adds another unbalancing factor to match making. The simplest solution is to replace these achievements.

in PvP

Posted by: Sarlack.4096

Sarlack.4096

Agreed, I ONLY play my Ranger Ochit in PVP and am somewhat proficient on it. I am only missing the Achievement for winning 5 matches on second class and I REFUSE to drag down my Team with my sub par play on another class…result is practicing in Hot Join and unranked on a class I have no desire to play in order to not drag down my team.

Last 3 days painful and ZERO progress as I practice on a Guard I have never played…

Worst is people talking trash when practicing in Hot Join when your on a class other than your main and you know full well you would decimate that individual if you were playing on your Main…

That achievement is problematic

in PvP

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

All those different profession achievements should just be made into one “win XX games in ranked” achievement. I mean, thats what they essentially are after all.

It causes so much hate and toxicity.

in PvP

Posted by: TainoFuerte.8136

TainoFuerte.8136

You aren’t looking at this through the eyes of a cold, emotionless, money loving producer.

When you make players suffer through playing a new profession to grind out these wins, they spend more time playing the game, more time looking at gem store items, and it helps “class variety” because in your data more people are playing different classes. Game has variety and balance because people are playing a multitude of classes! The game is beloved because people are spending time on it!

This isn’t about “fun” or “trying to master your class”, or any of that crap. That’s not what game development is about, guys.

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

You aren’t looking at this through the eyes of a cold, emotionless, money loving producer.

When you make players suffer through playing a new profession to grind out these wins, they spend more time playing the game, more time looking at gem store items, and it helps “class variety” because in your data more people are playing different classes. Game has variety and balance because people are playing a multitude of classes! The game is beloved because people are spending time on it!

This isn’t about “fun” or “trying to master your class”, or any of that crap. That’s not what game development is about, guys.

They could have the same effect by just tripling the number of profession wins needed. Ultimately, you are still limited by needing to win a certain number of games.

in PvP

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Besides, if you are the kind of player that loves to stick to a single main character, you don’t deserve your pvp legendary, because

in PvP

Posted by: Rainbowsand.2438

Rainbowsand.2438

What is really problematic is a completionist syndrome.

in PvP

Posted by: Darknicrofia.2604

Darknicrofia.2604

have 2/3 professions done on Ascension III, will probably save the 3rd profession after season restarts in amber/early emerald.

Darknicrofia Sage – Bad Gerdian, Merciless Legend, Platinum NA Solo Que

in PvP

Posted by: AlbertoUlkesh.4517

AlbertoUlkesh.4517

Yes, this. Can this achievement please be changed for Season 2?

It is very disruptive to have someone on your team, who clearly has no idea how to play his profession, just because he needs this achievement .

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

I understand your view but my take is that to be “Legendary” at pvp a player should be able to play more than 1 class well. And lets be honest how hard is it to get 5 wins on a profession. The cheese meta builds make it so easy. I just did my 5 wins on Engie. Made a level 2 engie. Copy/Pasted Meta marauder hammer build. A couple unranked matches and i was good to go into ranked and got the 5 wins pretty easy. I never felt like a liability to the team.

And i’m a casual player. Any good player would have done it in half the time.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

You don’t get that is bad when some1 tell you what u must play?

Take a moba, an fps, an mmo.
You must play sniper… but i m not good and i enjoy assaulter.
You must play healer… but i don’t like it, i play tank/dps.
You must play Jungler… but i play support as role.

See?
There’s nothing good in forcing players to play what they don’t want.
Also, they could achieve the legendary backpack by playing other classes…

…but to me, and the others posting this thread, should be better play the classes we like and who give us fun.

in PvP

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Agreed, I ONLY play my Ranger Ochit in PVP and am somewhat proficient on it. I am only missing the Achievement for winning 5 matches on second class and I REFUSE to drag down my Team with my sub par play on another class…result is practicing in Hot Join and unranked on a class I have no desire to play in order to not drag down my team.

Last 3 days painful and ZERO progress as I practice on a Guard I have never played…

Worst is people talking trash when practicing in Hot Join when your on a class other than your main and you know full well you would decimate that individual if you were playing on your Main…

3days without any wins on a guard, and one of the easiest classes to pick up? This sounds like hogwash or u found the division ur meant to be in

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

Holy smoke. Unless you are playing in Diamond/Legend division how can you possibly not progress playing guard (i assume you are playing DH). Its one of the easiest classes to play in lower tiers. It harder in the higher tiers if its not your main.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

Posted by: AlbertoUlkesh.4517

AlbertoUlkesh.4517

I understand your view but my take is that to be “Legendary” at pvp a player should be able to play more than 1 class well.

If this was a solo game, I would agree. But here the person who tries to get the achievement and ends up playing the profession badly, screws over his 4 team mates.

in PvP

Posted by: Skullkger.2804

Skullkger.2804

If you really can’t progress the mutli profession achievments over for 4 seasons in a whole kitten year really you should not feel entitled to getting the meta achievment done. If you can’t procure a win on even DH idk what to say watch some videos streams builds read up play some games it’ll come. It’s not impossible and playing only class to the extent of you not knowing how another class even works mechanically or skill wise usually indicates a not so good pvp player.

in PvP

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

The achievement makes me sad.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in PvP

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Because of those silly multiple prof requirement, you can see people playing theives in legendary league and die to a svanir because they’re uber noob in playing thief..

in PvP

Posted by: Zalani.9827

Zalani.9827

I’d rather not screw over my team by playing sub-par on professions I rarely use.

Jadis Narnia-Sylvari Ranger of [EDGE]
Dragonbrand