Remove retaliation from pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Please remove retaliation from pvp its a stupid mechanic for competive play.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in PvP

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

How about no?

You didn’t say why it is a stupid mechanic.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in PvP

Posted by: Natsu Dragneel.1625

Natsu Dragneel.1625

Its already been nerfed, how about no.

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

But, but it hurts me on pistol whip.

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in PvP

Posted by: Swagg.9236

Swagg.9236

It should just stack in charges like defiant. As should stability.

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

How about no?

Because its passive play and when I fight a battle where someone distributes a lot of retaliation and look in the damage log after death often 40-70% of damage come from retaliation. It doest feel right.

in PvP

Posted by: gesho.9468

gesho.9468

everything is getting to be called “passive play” these days. even if you have to cast it, time it…

(edited by gesho.9468)

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

you dont have to time much with retaliation, guardians have a pretty high uptime by just using their standard skills
I spent roughly 4760 hours of my gameplay with guardian so I know well about the class

in PvP

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

you dont have to time much with retaliation, guardians have a pretty high uptime by just using their standard skills
I spent roughly 4760 hours of my gameplay with guardian so I know well about the class

They also have low hp. It is part of their defenses.

With your logic all boons are passive play qhich according to his highness is automatically bad.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in PvP

Posted by: Fanta.8049

Fanta.8049

Oh ,yeah ,sure . Remove warrior’s healing signet first .Then retaliation .
Bonus : In PVP and WvW retaliation damage is reduced by 33% .
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Retaliation

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

I don’t think that retal itself is that bad, rather passive things that trigger it like spiked armor where warrior literary doesn’t have to do anything to trigger it…

in generall passive gameplay should be less rewarding than active (for example, HS passive heal should be less rewarding than active warrior heals)… in many cases atm it is not so, sadly -_-

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: cheese.4739

cheese.4739

Did you know that having hp and armour is passive play now? I mean, folks don’t even have to think about them, they’re just part of their build. No thought goes into them whatsoever.

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Retal isn’t bad at all. In fact, I would like to see it INCREASED as a combat to all the mindless AOE spam.

in PvP

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

It’s a l2p thing. Notice your opponent has retal and don’t spam your multi-hit attacks.

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

in PvP

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

Guys, I figured it out. OP is a Pistol Whip thief. See signature for details.

in PvP

Posted by: Rickster.8752

Rickster.8752

You sig doesn’t work. Thief is involved in paper, scissors, rock and nuclear bomb. Thief is the nuclear bomb. Counters everything

Official winner of solo queue MMR leaderboards – EU

in PvP

Posted by: Nabbo.2845

Nabbo.2845

So you just blindly burst people without minding what boons they have? Sure, DPS and support guards can have almost perma retal but you can’t possibly say it’s overpowered. If you play a mindless burst spec (pistolwhip I assume?) without paying attention to things like retal then you deserve to get melted by it.

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

It should just stack in charges like defiant. As should stability.

I’m not sure if you’ve actually thought this one through. Do you know how effective that would become?

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

You sig doesn’t work. Thief is involved in paper, scissors, rock and nuclear bomb. Thief is the nuclear bomb. Counters everything

If you think a thief counters everything you are crazy. You must play hambow or something.

in PvP

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

How about no?

Because its passive play and when I fight a battle where someone distributes a lot of retaliation and look in the damage log after death often 40-70% of damage come from retaliation. It doest feel right.

Does blind spamming feel right ? Fear spamming ? Stealths,evade spamming ? Porting on knockdowns ? Engis nade spamming while running in circles like ffing speedy gonzales on crack ? Tell me one thing that seems “Fair” in pvp,because i still have to find it.

in PvP

Posted by: Dagins.5163

Dagins.5163

High retailation uptime is just another hard counter to some specs, just like automated response, berserker stance and diamond skin are. It is certainly not fun to get hard countered with the only option of ,,just don’t attack", because you can’t wait out 100% uptime, and boon removal outside of weapon skills is poor in this game.

Solution: set n second cooldown per person, meaning no matter how many times or how many enemies you hit with a single AoE attack, you will never suffer from retailation more than once every n seconds. I suggest the n number to be in range of <1;3>.

Signed, level 1 alt

(edited by Dagins.5163)

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

It’s a l2p thing. Notice your opponent has retal and don’t spam your multi-hit attacks.

so don’t attack them while they are killing you… great idea /clap

it might be fine for CD based retal, but retal from traits like spiked armor is pretty much permanent…

i don’t think retal needs nerf, i think passives that cause it need to be toned down or changed they don’t garantee almost 100% uptime with almost no active gameplay involved

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Liza.2758

Liza.2758

it’s not a big deal for other classes at all because most are condi.

only thief would complain here because all they do is 33333333

in PvP

Posted by: Chaotic.9742

Chaotic.9742

Retal working as intended. Perfect counter to oblivious skill spammers. All you have to do is watch the for the boon and not kill yourself like a fool. If you die to retal, it’s your own fault.

Btw, where’s your remove confusion thread? You can kill yourself with that too – surely that’s promoting passive play as well…..

in PvP

Dagins.5163

Retal working as intended. Perfect counter to oblivious skill spammers. All you have to do is watch the for the boon and not kill yourself like a fool. If you die to retal, it’s your own fault.

Please define ,,skill spam".

I can heartseeker 5 times in a row, receiving 5 retailation ticks, or pistol whip only once and receive 9-27 ticks.

Signed, level 1 alt

in PvP

Chaotic.9742

Please define ,,skill spam".

I can heartseeker 5 times in a row, receiving 5 retailation ticks, or pistol whip only once and receive 9-27 ticks.

Both cases. Also (not saying you do) pistol whip thieves will generally mash 3 about 2-3 cycles then realize oh crap he had retal up. It’s their own fault. Sorry that pistol whip has a counter and that counter is called retal? You can cancel the pistol whip so you don’t kill yourself… It’s no different then me on my guard trying to buff might with staff – if I have confusion I’ll take massive dmg for only hitting 4 once so I cancel it lest I want to kill myself.

in PvP

Dagins.5163

So, for you pressing a button = skill spam? That’s a pretty wide interpretation.

Activating retailation doesn’t take skill or timing. In 99,9% of cases its either randomly shared by teammates, or from -actual- spamming your weapon skills from left to right whenever they are off cooldown… And these random, chaotic decisions are hard counters to certain weapon skills. It is not even ‘low risk, high reward’ – it is ‘do nothing and win’.

Confusion isn’t a problem, because it has a hidden cooldown which is weapon swing animation, is much easier to remove, and usually lasts a few seconds, actually allowing you to wait it out.

Signed, level 1 alt

in PvP

Chaotic.9742

Sigh people take things so literally… If you eat one pistol whip retal heal it off, no biggie I don’t consider this spamming. If u pistol whip multiple times, and cry about retal damage then you deserve to die to it if you aren’t watching boons. Also boons can be stripped or corrupted. Retal isn’t that terrible – honestly it isn’t whether you want to believe it or not. It helps keep in check specs/classes that are able to mindlessly AoE your team to death or yourself if 1v1. If it wasn’t in pvp, I’d be scared to face teams with any combo of engi lobbing grenades from range, pistol whip thieves jumping in to pistol whip you to death, fresh air or zerker ele, and power necros blowing their load on you in a small time window. This meta would be much more volatile and team fights would be just roll through your dps cooldowns as fast as possible on the called target/people trying to rez a teammate with no consequences.

Retal only lasts seconds – switch target till it’s off, kite, remove the boon and proceed to do whatever you want. If they have multiple retal procs make them blow them then carry on. They will have retal downtime, sorry if this means your fight will last longer since you can’t drop everything you have without thinking first. Or just attack through it when you can heal off what you take.

Just because confusion is a condi doesn’t mean it’s not much different. It’s on the same premise of attack and you’ll kill yourself. Sure you can condi clear given your class/spec has sufficient clear and it hasn’t been covered too much. It lasts seconds (like retal) right? Just wait it out (oh, kind of like you can with retal).

All I’m trying to say is removing this mechanic will leave some classes unchecked and free to do whatever they want with little to no consequences. I think it’s pretty balanced in all honesty.

in PvP

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

I agree with retal having a CD that it only hits you say once per second max. Hell, while we’re at it let’s increase the damage, reduce the duration, and apply it to condition damage taken as well.

in PvP

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

Hah you think its bad here? Try wvw.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

wvw is pvp, just on a different scale

in PvP

Posted by: Raph is Chilled.8304

Raph is Chilled.8304

I agree with retal having a CD that it only hits you say once per second max. Hell, while we’re at it let’s increase the damage, reduce the duration, and apply it to condition damage taken as well.

LOL at this.

ROFL AT THIS.
WvW is PvE with more lags. OP obviously has absolutly no idea of tPvP..

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

I dont? I got over 1000 tPvP wins (r55) and in WvW I am over rank 700 on my highest char.

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

would love to find a build with retaliation and confusion lol

in PvP

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

would love to find a build with retaliation and confusion lol

• Roll an Asura, use Pain Inverter.
  • Roll a guardian, use Perplexity runes
  • Roll a warrior, use Distracting Strikes and Spiked Armor

The list could go on.

in PvP

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

So the scale is what makes wvw not pvp?

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

So you can see your taking retaliation damage, yet you continue attacking any way and now want it removed for that very reason. I like where this is going..keep up the great posts.

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

And lo, the dps guard QQ was sung, and the fourth era of OP began.

Phaatonn, London UK

in PvP

Posted by: Dwaynas Avatar.1562

Dwaynas Avatar.1562

yeah pls xD remove retal and I can’t anymore die by using fiery great sword rush + blink I love this.
For real: no, don’t remove retal, it’s fine how it is right now, I don’t see anything negative

all is vain – #BelieveInKarl – #EvanForPresident

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

must be another troll or just plain i…….

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend