Remove the timer on match ending pls!

in PvP

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

-snip-.

The weird user experience is putting up the party creator in PvP. It’s not needed and it’s not something we want as end users.

you realise this was a requested feature by many people on these forums right?

No it wasn’t. What was requested by a very small portion of people was forced teaming in order to pvp.

from 2014: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Option-to-stay-with-the-team-after-match

march 2016: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Re-queue-with-same-team-option

june 2016: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/ANET-PVP-TEAM-Make-ranked-PVP-great-again/first#post6194690

june 2016: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Idea-to-enlarge-the-pvp-pool-a-bit

yes i see how nobody ever requested such a feature in these forums….

I guess your definition of “many” is vastly different than what it actually means.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

You guys can just relog to the same char once the match is finished, it just takes 2 more seconds than before…

M I L K B O I S

in PvP

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

Same on this one, having the option to stay is a good thing. Being forced to stay starts to sway that to the opposite side of things.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

in PvP

Posted by: eyestrain.3056

eyestrain.3056

I dont mind it at the start even though having random team names is really strange and seems pointless. But at the end of the match sometimes you’re in the middle of a fight that you want to finish and suddenly there’s a window you can’t dismiss/clear quickly blocking your view completely. No it doesnt contribute to the outcome of the match but the whole point of pvp is enjoying fighting other players and it’s kind of sour having the interface get in the way of that. Even if you’re not fighting someone presently it adds extra clutter and disconnect from playing, just waiting for menus to end.

Also the random team names and icons are really weird. I get the feeling anet team has been playing Overwatch and thought it was cool to see the heroes of the match displayed with their names/team. But in OW that happens before match start and after match end when it can’t interfere with the fight and is more visually impressive. This kind of clunky tiny profile thing with random labels is pretty “whatever”.
thanks for reading

(edited by eyestrain.3056)

in PvP

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

Remove random team names & the inability to leave as soon as match ends… Please.

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Eh, I don’t see any issue with the team names. I do wish there was the ability to leave when the match ended and that the ending screens could be closed though.

I’m guessing the forced stay is to try and nudge the community to playing with groups more. It’s a noble attempt, but I’d be surprised to see this happen.

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

Salty sea dogs is right

in PvP

Posted by: R O C.6574

R O C.6574

Just lower the timer to 5 seconds….

in PvP

Posted by: zxstanyxz.8769

zxstanyxz.8769

-snip-.

The weird user experience is putting up the party creator in PvP. It’s not needed and it’s not something we want as end users.

No it wasn’t. What was requested by a very small portion of people was forced teaming in order to pvp.

from 2014: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Option-to-stay-with-the-team-after-match

march 2016: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Re-queue-with-same-team-option

june 2016: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/ANET-PVP-TEAM-Make-ranked-PVP-great-again/first#post6194690

june 2016: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Idea-to-enlarge-the-pvp-pool-a-bit

I guess your definition of “many” is vastly different than what it actually means.

considering it took me 5 minutes to find 4 posts, which with the craptasticularly horrendous searching abilities of these forums is a decently high amount, if you reallllll y want i could spend a few hours and find 40-50 different posts without too much hassle for you, but frankly it’s not worth my time (who knows if i get super bored at work this week i may just do so for kittens n giggles)

in PvP

Posted by: eyestrain.3056

eyestrain.3056

The option to clear the team window would be greatly appreciated. It’s really annoying.

in PvP

Posted by: Dariya.9380

Dariya.9380

Some of the UI/UX choices is mind boggling in this game. For ages we were unable to close the window when the PvP match queue would pop up, until they finally added a Dismiss button. Yet the map selection window still sticks to the screen without an ability to close it or move it.

in PvP

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

Give us the option to stop making it pop up automatically

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

in PvP

Posted by: Boogiepop Void.6473

Boogiepop Void.6473

Let us leave when the match ends.

in PvP

Posted by: Sinmir.6504

Sinmir.6504

How about just having the button on the bottom right corner above the mini map work like it did before? Click it as soon as the match ends and you leave the match. No point in holding people in for the time. Click the yes button, fair enough, you can team with any of the others who wanted to do the same. Click either no or the button in the bottom right corner, well theres the answer. No point in keeping you in the arena any longer.

in PvP

Posted by: onevsone.2098

onevsone.2098

All it needs is one simple change: If a player clicks “No”, they exit the match immediately.

Basically this. Why do we have a button that doesn’t even work?

+1

in PvP

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

The delay is there so players who accept the party don’t leave the match early and and get back to the lobby before the party is actually created. Otherwise they’d be able to queue and then get kicked out, and it’s just all sorts of weird user experiences.

However if someone doesn’t intend on joining the party anyways, there is no harm in letting them leave early other than maybe slightly less usage of the feature.

I don’t like the feature. Having to wait 15 secs just to leave the match feels like a nuisance. Why not have the feature available AFTER you leave the match?

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

in PvP

Posted by: R O C.6574

R O C.6574

All it needs is one simple change: If a player clicks “No”, they exit the match immediately.

Basically this. Why do we have a button that doesn’t even work?

+1

+2

in PvP

Posted by: bigmonto.4215

bigmonto.4215

For me the no button after the match is grey out. Why? This seem like a bug to me.

I am ok with them add a join group button, but not ok if we cannot refuse it and leave the map. How about allowing us to leave after we click no.

in PvP

Posted by: Drafigo.4690

Drafigo.4690

Bananas!

Just remove it and that stupid team name/ logo assigned at random.

I will never ever use the feature first off

Second, the teams names and logos are horrible. I would rather it assigned the guild name of the person named the leader in each match. Just like it use to assign may name as the team name make it work the same and assign the guild name and icon.

Otherwise the feature makes it all seem more e-sports!

in PvP

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

Bananas!

Just remove it and that stupid team name/ logo assigned at random.

I will never ever use the feature first off

Second, the teams names and logos are horrible. I would rather it assigned the guild name of the person named the leader in each match. Just like it use to assign may name as the team name make it work the same and assign the guild name and icon.

Otherwise the feature makes it all seem more e-sports!

What?!

Those team names and logos are the most dank-filled splashes of awesomeness ever!

“Ranger Danger”

“Indigenous Rock”

Come on man. These things are making PvP entertaining as well as fun.

NSPride <3

in PvP

Posted by: Brokensunday.4098

Brokensunday.4098

solution every team that wins gets a queue to a second round giving a timer for 10 secs if any 1 want to leave add a random player from queue to that next match simple like old gw1, i really have no idea why you guys dont implement simple stuff like that.

in PvP

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

Instead of having that obnoxious party join UI at the end of the match, another thing they can do is add a new tab to the friends list which tracks players you recently grouped with. That would be much better than what we have now imo.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

in PvP

Posted by: Sinmir.6504

Sinmir.6504

-snip-.

They always could anyway. You have 2 minutes before the arena closes. The names of your team are at the top left of the screen. You can also see the names of anyone who wrote in the chat box and whisper to them more easily. Feel like forming a PUG? You always could, just get a note of who was in the team, whisper to them in HotM and see who wants to join.

The one problem is the 15 seconds stuck in the arena. If clicking no or clicking the button above the mini map got you straight out of the arena then it would be good. For all the times that people form a PUG with their team mates getting locked in at the end of every match is annoying. I don’t even see the reason for disabling the button above the mini map for 15 seconds. Somebody wants to leave the match, no point in locking them in. The other players want them, they can whisper to them to ask.

in PvP

Posted by: ezd.6359

ezd.6359

1) Remove splash windows before and after match plz.
2) 15 seconds timer before leaving the arena.

Both these things are really annoying.

English is not my native language, sorry :<

(edited by ezd.6359)

in PvP

Posted by: UnitedChaos.8364

UnitedChaos.8364

Splash screen is great. The waiting for people to join teams needs to be removed.

Add “United Chi” to your friends list or guild!

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Splash screen are ok. Waiting ages to be able to leave match now is stupidly annoying and serves no purpose.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Sunjammer.5209

Sunjammer.5209

For me the no button after the match is grey out. Why? This seem like a bug to me.

I am ok with them add a join group button, but not ok if we cannot refuse it and leave the map. How about allowing us to leave after we click no.

Agree with this. The greyed out ‘no’ button – is this a bug?

do you all realize you can click the “yes” button and then immediately click the “no” button and then exit the match ?

I tried this a few times and as someone else said – it has not worked for me. Even if it did, this seems like a strange UX design. Click ‘yes’, then ‘no’, then ‘exit’? Why is this?

in PvP

Posted by: Psilence.2859

Psilence.2859

There should be no greying out of the ability to leave just to avoid stupid behavior. However, at the very least if “no” is clicked on the join party tab, you should be able to leave immediately.

in PvP

Posted by: Ragmon.6350

Ragmon.6350

The delay is there so players who accept the party don’t leave the match early and and get back to the lobby before the party is actually created. Otherwise they’d be able to queue and then get kicked out, and it’s just all sorts of weird user experiences.

However if someone doesn’t intend on joining the party anyways, there is no harm in letting them leave early other than maybe slightly less usage of the feature.

Just make it so that is some one opts to not join the party, by pressing “No”, then allow them to leave.

in PvP

Posted by: Ragion.2831

Ragion.2831

wtf? ive never even heard of this being a problem. I dont think it has even been mentioned in threads. So this timer isnt a weird user experience? this is about the 3rd thread ive seen dedicated to this timer.

Please stop making changes to fix issues that create other issues, especially when your fixes arent even needed.

in PvP

Posted by: Light Of The Abyss.5927

Light Of The Abyss.5927

wtf? ive never even heard of this being a problem. I dont think it has even been mentioned in threads. So this timer isnt a weird user experience? this is about the 3rd thread ive seen dedicated to this timer.

Please stop making changes to fix issues that create other issues, especially when your fixes arent even needed.

That’s some unwarranted hostility my man…. Evan was agreeing with the fact that there is no harm in letting people who opt out of joining the team leave early. Evan is continually working with the pvp community on QoL stuff and doesn’t deserve that.

Delpfine Drake

in PvP

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

That’s some unwarranted hostility my man…. Evan was agreeing with the fact that there is no harm in letting people who opt out of joining the team leave early. Evan is continually working with the pvp community on QoL stuff and doesn’t deserve that.

all i could think of

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Evan Lesh

Previous

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

There is a change in the pipes to allow leaving during the new timer. If you press ‘Yes’, you will still have to wait the 15 seconds to allow others to opt in before leaving.

Bluxgore (80 Warr), Xilz (80 Necro), Ivo (80 Eng)
Bra (80 Guard), Fixie Bow (80 Ranger), Wcharr (80 Ele)
Xdragonshadowninjax (80 Thief)

in PvP

Light Of The Abyss.5927

Thanks for always being there for us!

Delpfine Drake

in PvP

Posted by: Aveigel.2601

Aveigel.2601

Actually don’t block people from leaving to lobby @ all…make it so that the option to form a group is still present when players are in the lobby, that they can still communicate via teamchat (/t), and that people can freely opt out @ anytime by closing the window, joining an other match or hitting “NO”.

I see no reason whatsoever to entice this as a “Must be” option…it’s an option, nothing more.

Let people who want to group up have a much easier time with the opt in option, and let it sit @ that.

in PvP

Posted by: Interpretor.3091

Interpretor.3091

WHAT IS A “NO” BUTTON ANET? ?!? MATCHMAKING ALREADY TAKES LONG ENOUGH BECAUSE DEAD GAME MODE. THE 15+ SECONDS IN MATCH WONT MAKE ME BUY MORE GEMS.

Warrior

in PvP

Posted by: Kaatora.3186

Kaatora.3186

I was losing my mind earlier having to wait for that timer. It is basically a wait to wait. Queues to get into a match are already absurdly long as it is. Having an additional required 15–20 seconds of waiting at the end of every match as well is even more absurd.

I am one of those who will never select that yes option at the end of a match, so the forced post-match wait is truly nothing but a waste of my time.

in PvP

Ragion.2831

There is a change in the pipes to allow leaving during the new timer. If you press ‘Yes’, you will still have to wait the 15 seconds to allow others to opt in before leaving.

is there also a change in the works on the preview system? How about being able to preview two one handed weapons from the wardrobe at the same time or previewing the dyes for each armour’s proper channels on the same preview window?

How about the skills interface? We have to guess when skills are off cooldown when we swap weapons or transform. We have to guess when runes, sigils and traits are off cooldown. I am pretty sure there is a way to solve this without clutter.

Maybe someone can work on these 4 year old problems instead of wasting time causing bigger problems trying to fix insignificant ones.

(edited by Ragion.2831)

in PvP

Posted by: Vasdamas Anklast.1607

Vasdamas Anklast.1607

They think randoms would fall in love after a match and make another competitive ESL team.

KEK

in PvP

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

They think randoms would fall in love after a match and make another competitive ESL team.

KEK

Well, the first ranked PvP match this season I played with a bunch of randoms and we ended up playing together for another 10+ games because we just kept winning. That definitely could have been something had I not had to go somewhere… I should’ve added them to my friends list.

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]

in PvP

Posted by: Vasdamas Anklast.1607

Vasdamas Anklast.1607

KEK

Well, the first ranked PvP match this season I played with a bunch of randoms and we ended up playing together for another 10+ games because we just kept winning. That definitely could have been something had I not had to go somewhere… I should’ve added them to my friends list.

I am glad you had a better experience of ranked games. My is so toxic, I disabled teamchat and went offline so condi mesmers and other confusion stacking bullkitten stopped PMing me after a match.

in PvP

Posted by: zOLtAm.7824

zOLtAm.7824

Come on Anet, remove that 15s of waiting please

in PvP

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

At the very least give me the option of not waiting around after the match after we lose horribly. Why would I ever want to make a losing team permanent?

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in PvP

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

is there also a change in the works on the preview system? How about being able to preview two one handed weapons from the wardrobe at the same time or previewing the dyes for each armour’s proper channels on the same preview window?

How about the skills interface? We have to guess when skills are off cooldown when we swap weapons or transform. We have to guess when runes, sigils and traits are off cooldown. I am pretty sure there is a way to solve this without clutter.

Maybe someone can work on these 4 year old problems instead of wasting time causing bigger problems trying to fix insignificant ones.

The wait time before we can bail after a disaster of a game is not an insignificant problem, unlike the nonsense about the preview system you’re going on about. And your “when are things off cooldown” concerns are handled by having a sense of time.

in PvP

Light Of The Abyss.5927

WHAT IS A “NO” BUTTON ANET? ?!? MATCHMAKING ALREADY TAKES LONG ENOUGH BECAUSE DEAD GAME MODE. THE 15+ SECONDS IN MATCH WONT MAKE ME BUY MORE GEMS.

Ranked queues were like 30 seconds for me all of last night in Sapphire, I’m pretty sure you are just talking out your butt… idk what you are complaining about…. It is like 5-10 seconds after the match that you have to wait.

Delpfine Drake

in PvP

Posted by: Ubik.8315

Ubik.8315

Yeah, nobody wants this stupid “please, please, please party with random, tyvm from anet” timer. If they would like that have it better thought out and make it similar to LoL’s “party with recent teammates” system next time you queue.

in PvP

Posted by: zxstanyxz.8769

zxstanyxz.8769

man don’t you hate when it’s impossible to find posts on a topic so you have to start your own thread just so that you can kitten IN FULL kittenING CAPITALS TO GET YOUR POINT ACROSS LOUDER

also: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Remove-the-timer-on-match-ending-pls/page/2#post6280871 (it was 2 fecking posts below this one when i looked)

in PvP

Ragion.2831

The wait time before we can bail after a disaster of a game is not an insignificant problem, unlike the nonsense about the preview system you’re going on about. And your “when are things off cooldown” concerns are handled by having a sense of time.

Im also saying creating the wait time is a problem we didnt need, since it looks like you dont know, it was caused because they were trying to fix some party accept problem that i dont think people even knew they had.

Even if you had a good sense of time which happens the longer you play, your timing is still going to be off. So if thats your way of excusing this being ignored in a game dependant on cooldowns, you should apply to the studio, you will fit right in.

in PvP

Posted by: JFLaliberte.5749

JFLaliberte.5749

What’s with the stupid delay after a match is over ? Stuck for 10 seconds before being able to exit. It’s over, I just wanna get out and queue again. Take out that stupid delay…

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Yes, please. Most of the people in my teams make me angry so spending even 1 more second with them is a disgrace and waste of time

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.