Remove the timer on match ending pls!

in PvP

Posted by: tichorum.2415

tichorum.2415

I logged in just to second this. Please allow me to leave immediately after a game finishes.

Former PvP commentator for ESL & Arenanet.

I used to run the Academy Gaming tournaments for GW2.

in PvP

Posted by: Struct.7453

Struct.7453

Even when I hit “yes” most team members will disband due to not getting into the next games queue. Is this by design?

in PvP

Posted by: Aveigel.2601

Aveigel.2601

I failed to see any response to my suggestion so here it is again:

• Allow players to leave game as soon as it’s finished;
  • Keep opt in window even in lobby after a match;
  • Extend the Timer to 5 minutes (for example, could be 3 or whatever else);
  • Keep teamchat (/t) on while people still have the option to opt in;

opt in window closes when:

• “No” option selected,
  • closed window,
  • logged off,
  • entered new game.

The option is kinda nice, but remove any annoyance from it’s current interface and make it so that it’s “More Present” with no negative side effects.

Also I find the pop up window on match end to be quite annoying…always gets in the way of post match skirmishes which I sometimes enjoy…Maybe put it in a top corner or change it’s format so that it would be slimmer like a top Advertisement Banner on a website…

(edited by Aveigel.2601)

in PvP

Posted by: Gambino.2109

Gambino.2109

quickest way to get out of there. Log+character select Done

in PvP

Posted by: Gurren.9064

Gurren.9064

I like the timer. Keeps people from talking smack and leaving right after match end.

in PvP

Posted by: Kazeshini.8210

Kazeshini.8210

I failed to see any response to my suggestion so here it is again:

opt in window closes when:

• “No” option selected,
  • closed window,
  • logged off,
  • entered new game.

Anet plz add that to the Qol

in PvP

Posted by: Slyverine.7081

Slyverine.7081

The idea is ok but let us press no and leave. We don’t need more delay if we don’t want to team up wtf!

in PvP

Posted by: R O C.6574

R O C.6574

-snip-.

The weird user experience is putting up the party creator in PvP. It’s not needed and it’s not something we want as end users.

you realise this was a requested feature by many people on these forums right?

No it wasn’t. What was requested by a very small portion of people was forced teaming in order to pvp.

from 2014: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Option-to-stay-with-the-team-after-match

march 2016: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Re-queue-with-same-team-option

june 2016: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/ANET-PVP-TEAM-Make-ranked-PVP-great-again/first#post6194690

june 2016: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Idea-to-enlarge-the-pvp-pool-a-bit

yes i see how nobody ever requested such a feature in these forums….

I guess your definition of “many” is vastly different than what it actually means.

considering it took me 5 minutes to find 4 posts, which with the craptasticularly horrendous searching abilities of these forums is a decently high amount, if you reallllll y want i could spend a few hours and find 40-50 different posts without too much hassle for you, but frankly it’s not worth my time (who knows if i get super bored at work this week i may just do so for kittens n giggles)

As one of the “small pool of people” who requested this, i am very happy that Anet added this feature.

BTW, a lot of the “highly coordinated pre-mades” kicking your kitten this season will be PUG teams using this feature. Have fun solo q-ing, or should i say qq-ing.

Really through. Is 15 seconds that terrible to endure? By the time you look through the game stats, your 15 seconds is over. It sounds like Anet is fixing this minor inconvenience by allowing you to exit if you click no.

in PvP

Posted by: Hvaran.6327

Hvaran.6327

I cut the elelctricity from my PC after every match.

Wroks fine.

I think that such technique is intended.

Handarand – Handacooon – Handa Panda – Handa Genie

in PvP

Posted by: levelmakerguru.7210

levelmakerguru.7210

So I’m playing this PVP match, after it ends I cannot leave, I have to wait until a timer counts down, what kind of logic is this, im trapped until this timer runs out, the devs must be laughing at this one, “look, watch this”, “they cannot leave….. Ha hahahah”, im sure that’s what it’s all about.

Perhaps you can change that so that we can leave when we want and not wait on a timer.

Thanks

in PvP

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

it’s suppose to give players time to group up but if you are on the losing side chances are you dont want to do that nor stick around longer for the enemy team to rub the loss in

in PvP

Posted by: duster.7013

duster.7013

I honestly hate this about fighting games. The salt gimmick only goes so far… when MKX tournies use a menu exploit to reset matches you know something is up.

SF5 tournies are absolutely kittened in this aspect. The devs wanted to make sure they crowd sees alex humping the air for 7 seconds after a match instead of the next match starting.

Overwatch had something like this. Play of the game always went to some 12 year old that pressed q and you had to watch it before stats showed.

in PvP

Posted by: Kron.6938

Kron.6938

I love how at the end of the match it asks do you want to keep the party and the only option available is yes. I want my option to click no and get out of the match.

Kron [TEST]

in PvP

Posted by: Terrasque.8735

Terrasque.8735

I just played a match and this bug is still there. How long until it gets fixed? Should I be reporting it via the ingame report tool?

in PvP

Posted by: Zoe.8310

Zoe.8310

I don’t mind the timer at the end – but I do wish combat came to a stop.

Nothing more annoying than trying to look at the end-of-game screen with some kitten still trying to kill you.

Every other PvP game out there has a proper end-of-game display, victory screens, team poses, etc., where fighting isn’t still going on.

in PvP

Posted by: Onlysaneman.9612

Onlysaneman.9612

I don’t mind the timer at the end – but I do wish combat came to a stop.

Nothing more annoying than trying to look at the end-of-game screen with some kitten still trying to kill you.

Every other PvP game out there has a proper end-of-game display, victory screens, team poses, etc., where fighting isn’t still going on.

I actually disagree with this. There’ve been a fair few times where, when the match ended, I was busy in a good (if slow) 1v1 and enjoyed having the chance to finish it. If you want to look at the stats, don’t worry about being attacked- it doesn’t matter at this point.

in PvP

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

What is happening is many people are leaving the match before it ends to avoid this interface.

The delay is there so players who accept the party don’t leave the match early and and get back to the lobby before the party is actually created. Otherwise they’d be able to queue and then get kicked out, and it’s just all sorts of weird user experiences.

However if someone doesn’t intend on joining the party anyways, there is no harm in letting them leave early other than maybe slightly less usage of the feature.