Removing Amulets will NOT Solve the Problem [Merged]

in PvP

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

-sigh- Here we go AGAIN.

Have we learned nothing from Minstrels, Mercenary, Soldiers and NOW Clerics?!
Removing amulets are NOT going to solve the problem. If you really want to balance classes, why not start from scratch and remove ALL the amulets? Yes ALL of them. Only then will we see where classes really stand in relation to one another.

in PvP

Posted by: Kyon.9735

Kyon.9735

Sad to see that Arcane ele isn’t even listed given that it used to be the king of boons. Oh well, just shows that boon duration with crappy base stats means nothing. Will still melt to condis anyway.

in PvP

Posted by: Henry.5713

Henry.5713

Kind of liked to have a dedicated bunker/healer again like in the old days.
Still seem to miss the point of removing any tanky amulets while throwing tons of sustain, passive traits and other defenses on the offensive builds. Some of them seem more tanky now in Marauder’s than some old Soldier’s or Settler’s builds used to be.

in PvP

JTGuevara.9018

Well, golly gee. Knight’s Amulet has a major defensive stat! (1200 toughness) Seems like anything with a major defensive stat gets the axe.

Is THAT the next one on the chopping block now? Do people not realize that removing amulets does NOT solve the problem? This is not balance, this is KILLING builds. Let’s call it for what it is.

Since the patch, I played about 10 games today. I see HoT builds are still out of control. The removal of clerics has made the HoT powercreep and spam even WORSE than before. Everyone and everything just melts left and right, dps, bunker, it doesn’t matter.

When will we learn?

in PvP

Posted by: Talyn Sneider.1825

Talyn Sneider.1825

Magi amulet can also be removed

Go on ANET keep cutting corners and going the easy way…

After that condition amulets should also be removed…
After that 4 stat amulets since they offer too much stat spread
After that marauder…since it offers too muck vitality and dps bonus

Keep going and see where this is going

Casual pvp’er – Can only play 2-3 hours a day

https://www.gw2pvp.de/profile/ab4bd8fa4c3f250ac9533c479b0b862b/

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

I’d like to add my voice to the nonsensical blather while making wildly unintelligent claims that make little to no sense given the details of said amulets. RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!

in PvP

JTGuevara.9018

Magi amulet can also be removed

Go on ANET keep cutting corners and going the easy way…

After that condition amulets should also be removed…
After that 4 stat amulets since they offer too much stat spread
After that marauder…since it offers too muck vitality and dps bonus

Keep going and see where this is going

Haha I forgot about Magi!

in PvP

Talyn Sneider.1825

I’d like to add my voice to the nonsensical blather while making wildly unintelligent claims that make little to no sense given the details of said amulets. RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!

Your assuming amulet removal decisions are based on balancing numbers and not marketing and an effort to keep a game mode with very few new features feeling “fresh”.

That to me is non sense.

Amulets will be removed to keep the masses happy in a marketing move, not to balance.

And even so, magi will be on the chopping block, just wait and see.

in PvP

Posted by: Sinmir.6504

Sinmir.6504

I think the Cleric Amulet needed to go, they got rid of Soldier, Soldier made you yourself sustainable but with Cleric people could heal 5 door breakers faster than a trebuchet could damage them. Usually hitting them twice with it is enough, a healer could pretty much negate the trebuchet damage. Magi, well it has vitality instead of toughness and precision instead of power. I can imagine a lot of healers will pay the gold and unlock it. Would like to see it go as well as it has the same healing power as Cleric so could be used to keep enemy NPCs alive pretty much indefinitely. Either that or bring back cleric but nerf the Tempest and Druid healing abilities beyond recognition. Nothing wrong with making them able to heal so that door breakers can survive an extra hit or so from the treb but not much more than that.

in PvP

Posted by: Raithwall.8201

Raithwall.8201

I think the Cleric Amulet needed to go, they got rid of Soldier, Soldier made you yourself sustainable but with Cleric people could heal 5 door breakers faster than a trebuchet could damage them. Usually hitting them twice with it is enough, a healer could pretty much negate the trebuchet damage. Magi, well it has vitality instead of toughness and precision instead of power. I can imagine a lot of healers will pay the gold and unlock it. Would like to see it go as well as it has the same healing power as Cleric so could be used to keep enemy NPCs alive pretty much indefinitely. Either that or bring back cleric but nerf the Tempest and Druid healing abilities beyond recognition. Nothing wrong with making them able to heal so that door breakers can survive an extra hit or so from the treb but not much more than that.

If this is about doorbreakers why dont make trebs 1shot them ( or giving them an unremoveable stack – they die at 2 stacks) instead of limiting build variety and purging eles from spvp?

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

knights is fine because it is
1200 toughness
900 power
900 precision

there is no healing or vitality.

crusaders is
1050 power
1050 toughness
560 healing
560 ferocity

it was removed because it had both toughness and healing.

cleric is
1200 healing
900 power
900 toughness

it was removed because it had both toughness and healing.

in PvP

Talyn Sneider.1825

If this is about doorbreakers why dont make trebs 1shot them ( or giving them an unremoveable stack – they die at 2 stacks) instead of limiting build variety and purging eles from spvp?

Or God forbid actually balancing Eles so they can´t keep doorbreakers alive for large ammounts of time.

You know actually balance work instead of:

kitten that amulet is too hard to balance….no biggie remove it and let´s keep on rolling

in PvP

Sinmir.6504

Or God forbid actually balancing Eles so they can´t keep doorbreakers alive for large ammounts of time.

kitten that amulet is too hard to balance….no biggie remove it and let´s keep on rolling

I did suggest that, getting rid of Magi or bringing back Cleric but nerfing the healing ability Druids and Tempests have. Door breakers, I suppose guards as well were the problem, they could keep the guards alive a lot longer than I think they should have been able to. Though that would usually be against the player, not the Trebuchet, unless you are a good shot with the treb.

in PvP

Talyn Sneider.1825

I did suggest that, getting rid of Magi or bringing back Cleric but nerfing the healing ability Druids and Tempests have. Door breakers, I suppose guards as well were the problem, they could keep the guards alive a lot longer than I think they should have been able to. Though that would usually be against the player, not the Trebuchet, unless you are a good shot with the treb.

That is what should´ve been done, we as players should stop cuddling ANET and start demanding they step up their game, and STOP cutting corners.

We want more pvp development and we want it NOW!

in PvP

Sinmir.6504

That does sound good but maybe to make it so it isn’t exclusive to the treb giving npcs like guards, door breakers and archers a damage bar as well as a health bar. Maybe would be best to not give Lords this handicap. Not sure if Mist Champions should have it, maybe.
The health bar as we know goes down while the NPCs are attacked, reaches 0 they die, they can be healed. How about a damage bar that goes up more slowly than the health bar goes down? Players attacking, Trebuchet hits and any other form of attack on the NPC raises the damage bar. If the damage bar reaches 100% the NPC dies regardless of health bar. Maybe say 3 Trebuchet hits would be enough for Door Breakers. So 2 hits will kill them if they aren’t being healed(health bar reaches 0), 3 will kill them regardless(Damage bar reaches 100%). Health bar can be healed, Damage bar, maybe permanent, maybe slowly going down out of combat but can’t be healed.

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

Well, golly gee. Knight’s Amulet has a major defensive stat! (1200 toughness) Seems like anything with a major defensive stat gets the axe.

Is THAT the next one on the chopping block now? Do people not realize that removing amulets does NOT solve the problem? This is not balance, this is KILLING builds. Let’s call it for what it is.

Since the patch, I played about 10 games today. I see HoT builds are still out of control. The removal of clerics has made the HoT powercreep and spam even WORSE than before. Everyone and everything just melts left and right, dps, bunker, it doesn’t matter.

When will we learn?

I HATE YOU.

Please stop asking to DELETE stuff in TITLE. ANET want to make you happy.

Please, if they removed knight, they should remove berzerker amulet. You can’t removed rock, without removing scissor.

BTW, Rabid is now the defacto bunker build. A lot of QQ will happen. Bunker build with some condies for sustain dps (hit mesmer, warrior) will got amulet DELETED from the game.

Why? If you know that game for 4 years you know that Rabid > Knight because knights is never used in meta while rabid got a lot of it.

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in PvP

Jourdelune.7456

Anet did removed bunker support build for a game mode that is dead 2 month after released???

Man, bunker support was the archetype that all balance comp for 4 years played in SPVP.

Now we have conditions bruiser or power dps roamer.

We can’t heal and rez anymore… you either rez slowly with knight and eat the CLEAVE.

Or Heal for fast REZ but can’t take the cleave.

The last bunker support will be Druids because of some pet rezzing strat.

Who will win the race, conditions bruisers or power roamer?

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.

in PvP

Jourdelune.7456

The new boon duration amulets, they’re better in theory than in practice. They might make it in as a viable side-grade on certain professions, but will not succeed in shifting the meta

You don’t know what you are talking about. Even tough it doesn’t have toughness, you have 25 might uptime, protection uptime, regeneration uptime.
with leadership set 100% boon duration, try to fight a Chrono or a Druide
It won’t last long until it is removed.

Man, you don’t know what you are talking about. Pro players read the patch notes 1 month before it goes on released and comment on those. They are our “qa test server” crew.

Chaith simply re-said what he said about them, last month.

/sarcasm off

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

Man, you don’t know what you are talking about. Pro players read the patch notes 1 month before it goes on released and comment on those. They are our “qa test server” crew.

Chaith simply re-said what he said about them, last month.

/sarcasm off

That’s a really confusing post cause you claimed to be sarcastic but it seems like you’d actually believe ArenaNet still seeks feedback from pro players or has them test things early.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

in PvP

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

does support build died with the cleric amulet

i have 4 years in pvp and wvw area more in theorycraft

just testing ele (i have less experience with it), support mesmer, bunker guard, and new ventari rev

its basically not possible to build support without toughness any more . and atm there is none toughness amulet with healing power

so just mender ranger will be our new support class in some degree?

was it right to delete cleric amulet if they want to nerf the ele healing abilities? while hurting all other aspect of the class and build diversity?

i have played support mesmer last season till ruby and testes ventari rev but now all support is gone beside ranger and maybe guardian (more bunker than support/healer)

anet i think you had bad decision . nerf ele support abilities skills and utilities not the cleric amulet

in PvP

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

Good no holy trinity was what we were promised.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

in PvP

Posted by: Ithir Darkleaf.7923

Ithir Darkleaf.7923

Support =/= healer, which is holy trinity. In fact, we were promised before the game released another different trinity: damage, support & control. This new trinity would be far less restrictive than the holy one IIRC.

~ The light of a new day

in PvP

messiah.1908

we were but for 4 years it was.

so no one can support? which means power or condi meta all the way…..with no build diversity

do you consider support mesmer or support rev holy trinity? so why they got healing aoe abilities…. i wonder

is no support is wanted just delete and replace them….

in PvP

Chaith.8256

Druid, Ventari Rev, Scrapper (if desired), all use Menders just fine.

It’s really just a flaw in the Ele’s personal survivability department vs. melee trains that Clerics amulet did well at covering up.

People saying all support is dead because Eles have to use an amulet with lower personal survivability and everything else unchanged, smh @ that logic

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh

in PvP

messiah.1908

Druid, Ventari Rev, Scrapper (if desired), all use Menders just fine.

It’s really just a flaw in the Ele’s personal survivability department vs. melee trains that Clerics amulet did well at covering up.

People saying all support is dead because Eles have to use an amulet with lower personal survivability and everything else unchanged, smh @ that logic

mesmer with no tougness cant support while thief easily counter him
same for rev…

ele needed a nef with healing power but not all the other classes

was mesmer support op in the last season? no only me played it (counter the condi meta) but now i cant play it with mender while thief can easily gank me with 2k armor …..

in PvP

Posted by: Lich King.1524

Lich King.1524

I did suggest that, getting rid of Magi or bringing back Cleric but nerfing the healing ability Druids and Tempests have …

Man, may be you not aware, they did it,
they nerfed tempest’s healing abilities as well
AND
they removed cleric amulet

no complains about amulet,
but why nerfed healing abilities too???!

in PvP

Jourdelune.7456

does support build died with the cleric amulet

i have 4 years in pvp and wvw area more in theorycraft

just testing ele (i have less experience with it), support mesmer, bunker guard, and new ventari rev

its basically not possible to build support without toughness any more . and atm there is none toughness amulet with healing power

so just mender ranger will be our new support class in some degree?

was it right to delete cleric amulet if they want to nerf the ele healing abilities? while hurting all other aspect of the class and build diversity?

i have played support mesmer last season till ruby and testes ventari rev but now all support is gone beside ranger and maybe guardian (more bunker than support/healer)

anet i think you had bad decision . nerf ele support abilities skills and utilities not the cleric amulet

Basically bunker support healer is dead

You will either build to be bunker to stomp/rez (take some cleaves to do).

Or

You will be a glassy healbot that will die in team fights a lot.

Healbot will simply not going to cut the next balanced comp.

Bunker support will still be able to take a beating, rez/stomp (to win team fights) and probably cleanses some… but the heals will be missed by everyone.

This means, that the usefulness of support will get lower and people will try to make “self containing” comp without relying on support.

This sort of “comp” would need to cleanses all the kitten themselves.

Meaning… that full conditions builds will eat US alive.

2 Carrion for point holders (reaper + mesmer).
2 Wanderers for supports (warrior + engi).
1 Viper roamer (hint venom thief or mallyx rev) for the roamer.

:)

I really like the timing of the rework on Nightmare runes… it will get to that to many of US.

Please bring back Ministrel amulet. Real bunker with no damage. That is balance. Let the QQ 1v2 for eternity a thing. At least, if you are dumb enough to do that, you should not win on rotations basis.

(edited by Jourdelune.7456)

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

The only support build we are going to see is the Mender’s Druid build used in the pro league finals.

in PvP

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

I agree… Just let there be DPS

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in PvP

Chaith.8256

Please bring back Ministrel amulet. Real bunker with no damage. That is balance. Let the QQ 1v2 for eternity a thing. At least, if you are dumb enough to do that, you should not win on rotations basis.

If Minstrels returns, I’ll be here to send it back to oblivion. Kappa

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

If Minstrels returns, I’ll be here to send it back to oblivion. Kappa

LOL

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

I am bummed by its removal for sure.

What does this fix exactly? Is this for players or for esports viewers? Is this change to bring about more exciting plays for the strimz?

Reminds me of that old Henry Ford quote: “You can have any color car you like as long as it’s black.”

We can play how we want as long as its ArenaNet’s way.

Side note: Also really bummed at the lack of skill splits breadth. You guys had a real opportunity to open up the game again and make it fresh after 4 years. Came back after months long absence and nothing feels fresh in PvP at all. Same ol Same ol.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

in PvP

JTGuevara.9018

That’s the thing I’m talking about! The amulet wasn’t the problem, it was the healing in STRONGHOLD. Wouldn’t it make more sense to fix STRONGHOLD than delete an amulet that was NEVER A PROBLEM in the history of this game?

in PvP

Talyn Sneider.1825

Completely agree with you…

You can say that keeping more builds in game will hurt ESPORTS, but the lack of replay feature, pause feature, low visibility, excess of skill effects hurt it much more that this ever would.

in PvP

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

not going to look it up, but hugh or josh or the other one relatively recently said that adding, changing, removing amulets was relatively easy change to make that can have an impact on balance.

i think thats why its done, its easy compared to class balance, but they can still the meta.

in PvP

JTGuevara.9018

not going to look it up, but hugh or josh or the other one relatively recently said that adding, changing, removing amulets was relatively easy change to make that can have an impact on balance.

i think thats why its done, its easy compared to class balance, but they can still the meta.

Then the GAME doesn’t change, only the amulets change. Yeah, it’s easier in the short term but players, newbies and vets alike have only so much patience before they just bolt and never come back.

in PvP

Talyn Sneider.1825

I could understand they did it once in a while in a crysis…but it has become the norm…a build that has been released to the game population should not be removed…it should be balanced. We want more variety not less.

And don´t accept it’s hard as an argument, GW1 brought new skills on each expansion, and they were usable in pvp…pvp wasn´t perfectly balanced…but heck it was fun.

And you could play it your way…you know…like it says on the manifesto.

in PvP

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

…pvp wasn´t perfectly balanced…but heck it was fun.

i found your problem. gw2 pvp isn’t about being fun. it’s about esport, and conquest maps. someone said it before like this:

consider this: if fun was a goal of gw2 pvp, we would have:

soloq
tru tdm (that 1 map don’t count an u kno it)
dueling (at least in the hotm)
something (anything) to do while waiting on queue
random arena (gw1 style or similar)
other modes (2v2, 3v3 whatevs)
original hotjoin (8v8 10v10, something like alliance battles in gw1)
… prob forgetting something….

pt is, any or all of those things could add a level of fun for at least some people

rather than seeing any of these things, we see anet push esports and team queue for conquest

therefore, fun is not a part of the current goals/strategy for gw2 pvp

i guess u could say they finally added something to do while waiting on queue by lettings you queue outside of hotm… so progress?

in PvP

Talyn Sneider.1825

…pvp wasn´t perfectly balanced…but heck it was fun.

i found your problem. gw2 pvp isn’t about being fun. it’s about esport, and conquest maps. someone said it before like this:

consider this: if fun was a goal of gw2 pvp, we would have:

soloq
tru tdm (that 1 map don’t count an u kno it)
dueling (at least in the hotm)
something (anything) to do while waiting on queue
random arena (gw1 style or similar)
other modes (2v2, 3v3 whatevs)
original hotjoin (8v8 10v10, something like alliance battles in gw1)
… prob forgetting something….

pt is, any or all of those things could add a level of fun for at least some people

rather than seeing any of these things, we see anet push esports and team queue for conquest

therefore, fun is not a part of the current goals/strategy for gw2 pvp

i guess u could say they finally added something to do while waiting on queue by lettings you queue outside of hotm… so progress?

Slow progress…but progress…

The absence of fun may explain long queue times…just a notion…

in PvP

Posted by: Permafrost.2695

Permafrost.2695

As I posted in the Guardian thread, I am unfortunately done because this is clearly the development path they have chosen for trying to balance PvP. It’s either lazy or it is a signal they honestly do not want players who enjoy playing GW2 the way I have enjoyed playing it.

If that’s the case, oh well. It was an awesome few years.

in PvP

Talyn Sneider.1825

As I posted in the Guardian thread, I am unfortunately done because this is clearly the development path they have chosen for trying to balance PvP. It’s either lazy or it is a signal they honestly do not want players who enjoy playing GW2 the way I have enjoyed playing it.

If that’s the case, oh well. It was an awesome few years.

+1

in PvP

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

I made a forum no means yes and yes means no to imply issues like this. WE told them not to balance with amulets soooo….

That’s exactly what they did.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

in PvP

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Let’s review our history. We lost Minstrels, Mercenary, Soldiers and NOW Clerics.

What’s the next amulet on the chopping block? Menders? Sage? It seems like every amulet removed is a defensive one. Do we just hate defense/support? Do we just like to spam DPS to death without a second thought? At what point, do we realize, that removing amulets will NOT solve the problem? At what point do we realize the OBVIOUS problem? Balance and HoT builds.

HoT builds simply do too much damage. The amount of conditions they pump out is absurd. With the removal of clerics, it’s even WORSE. Removing clerics did nothing but kill support builds and especially Eles. We’re killing builds, folks.

It’s not a “hot” problem… It’s that the developers do not make any serious reinvestments back to profession development. Anet obviously devotes very little resources to classes and the combat systems. The “paths of least resistance” balancing is what we get and that’s unfortunate because Anet could have one of the top fantasy mmo class and combat systems if the higher up made it a priority.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

in PvP

JTGuevara.9018

Let’s review our history. We lost Minstrels, Mercenary, Soldiers and NOW Clerics.

What’s the next amulet on the chopping block? Menders? Sage? It seems like every amulet removed is a defensive one. Do we just hate defense/support? Do we just like to spam DPS to death without a second thought? At what point, do we realize, that removing amulets will NOT solve the problem? At what point do we realize the OBVIOUS problem? Balance and HoT builds.

HoT builds simply do too much damage. The amount of conditions they pump out is absurd. With the removal of clerics, it’s even WORSE. Removing clerics did nothing but kill support builds and especially Eles. We’re killing builds, folks.

It’s not a “hot” problem… It’s that the developers do not make any serious reinvestments back to profession development. Anet obviously devotes very little resources to classes and the combat systems. The “paths of least resistance” balancing is what we get and that’s unfortunate because Anet could have one of the top fantasy mmo class and combat systems if the top made it a priority.

No, it IS a HoT problem, but yes I agree with your other point as well.

in PvP

Posted by: Ellie.5913

Ellie.5913

We were losing builds because of amulet/rune removals long before HoT came out. Anyone remember that super fun build called shout bow warrior? I had a blast with it, and it had good team support in it which is how I like to play, never been a fan of glass cannons and never will be….

in PvP

JTGuevara.9018

We were losing builds because of amulet/rune removals long before HoT came out. Anyone remember that super fun build called shout bow warrior? I had a blast with it, and it had good team support in it which is how I like to play, never been a fan of glass cannons and never will be….

True, but it wasn’t the norm. Plus, the game was more balanced back then than it is now. Now, it’s just downright freakin’ broken. HoT builds STILL rule the roost, nothing has changed.

in PvP

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

It’s not a “hot” problem… It’s that the developers do not make any serious reinvestments back to profession development. Anet obviously devotes very little resources to classes and the combat systems. The “paths of least resistance” balancing is what we get and that’s unfortunate because Anet could have one of the top fantasy mmo class and combat systems if the top made it a priority.

Hot was designed with increased difficulty in mind and the devs tailored elites to that content. The real issue is that CORE professions need improvement, not a “hot stuff needs a nerf”. The devs had the intention of squashing the zerker meta and putting more roles in the game, as well as filling some role and combat style gaps with each profession. It’s long process that they started not too long ago and they are obviously facing some “growing pains” judging by the profession patch notes.

I was a long time and hardcore pvper once, but gw2 broke that habit because pvp modes are messy due to the pve profession designs, pve combat rules, tons of clunky skill designs, poor combat UI, lack of playable roles, lack of development by the staff… The devs need to go back to square one and reenvision classes and combat here or it goes nowhere. Again, it’s not a “hot” problem, it’s a “the decision makers needs to care about the profession and combat experiences” problem, and devote some serious person power to make something good out of it.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

in PvP

JTGuevara.9018

Hot was designed with increased difficulty in mind and the devs tailored elites to that content. The real issue is that CORE professions need improvement, not a “hot stuff needs a nerf”. The devs had the intention of squashing the zerker meta and putting more roles in the game, as well as filling some role and combat style gaps with each profession. It’s long process that they started not too long ago and they are obviously facing some “growing pains” judging by the profession patch notes.

I was a long time and hardcore pvper once, but gw2 broke that habit because pvp modes are messy due to the pve profession designs, pve combat rules, tons of clunky skill designs, poor combat UI, lack of playable roles, lack of development by the staff… The devs need to go back to square one and reenvision classes and combat here or it goes nowhere. Again, it’s not a “hot” problem, it’s a “the decision makers needs to care about the profession and combat experiences” problem, and devote some serious person power to make something good out of it.

I see where you’re coming from. Core builds definitely need a buff. Still, I think both buffs AND nerfs are needed. HoT builds CANNOT be this strong. It’s bad for the game. There cannot be such a gap between HoT and core builds.

(edited by JTGuevara.9018)

in PvP

Posted by: Sins.4782

Sins.4782

IMO the only amulets that should ever have been removed were Minstrel’s and to a lesser extent Sentinel’s, because they promote playstyles that have a very negative impact on conquest style PvP. All the other amulets removed could have been balanced by changing the small number of builds that were too strong with that amulet, or by nerfing the amulet itself in other cases (either a flat stat reduction or a stat redistribution until it is no longer a problem). The biggest issue has always been that HoT introduced too much additional defenses and sustain that could be used in tandem with all the old sustain traits, leading to some builds that had pre-HoT clerics level defense/sustain while using a marauder or similar amulet.

in PvP

Posted by: JETWING.2759

JETWING.2759

One of those 2 new ammulets could has defensive status like toug/vit/heal…
2 berseck + boon duration and no one defensive…
lol Anet. Change this until the S4.
Looks like Anet just wants equalize power builds to condi builds with these 2 OP ammulets.

(edited by JETWING.2759)